• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
How did you know? lol, I felt that you knew who I was referring to anyways :p Yes, it is Blizzy. She was talking about UK Smash Community to us Foxes and then I saw your name popping up lol. EDIT: I forgot to put this in: So I told her that I saw you in MK Board and how you were training your MK and she did not believe a single word. I even linked this thread to her lol Still did not believe, so I figured you kept it secret since she said she talks to you a lot lol.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Hmmm...this comp is evil...I will have to edit this when I can actually see your post then...unless this was a fake alert...
EDIT-well let's keep it that way and ban white MK. lol, now a white MK will hate on green.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I used to use white, but then other guy came and beat everyone so I changed.... But at least one guy already used every color but blue, so I stayed with it.
I still use white and default occasionally though.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol Meta Vader texture hack sounds nice, wish I could do that too. If it wasn't for mine being new Black one that is. Oh and looks like we got a white and original finally! I personally think Red/White/Green are cool but I stick to original because it is the original MK after all :p

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
if there is one colour I never use for any char it's original. Now I finaly can play Nintendo characters in other colours<3

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, that is as good as any other reasons to use other colors. Oh, GlacierRyu, I do that sometimes too. I go either original or green as Fox first and then switch colors around usually, original -> green or vice versa or go for totally different one such as white Fox. As for MK lol I go pink sometimes just because I think pink MK is funny.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
That is exactly why I think it is funny lol. I cannot say what is wrong but it is funny due to that color combination lol.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Blue MK here :p

recently I used to do random color but not that random because original MK came out I changed it instantly xD

my favs are Blue, White and Red. But Blue is like the one I already sticked to :o

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Blue, white and red..... hmm, now where have I heard this before or seen before :p Hmm, blue looks good. If I ever doubles and not go Fox for once, I'd go blue or red lol. But I prefer original and pink. Pink for fun lol.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I don't know why lol

my favourite should be the original one because my fav color is purple, but there's something about the original that I don't like, it's like boring lol

I should use Green, White, and Red MK because of Mexico's flag, but the green one fell from grace xD I don't like it that much anymore

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
nothing really, I just got bored of him, I used to play with green MK, but then I just got bored, and/or noticed the color wasn't that cool

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How did you know? lol, I felt that you knew who I was referring to anyways :p Yes, it is Blizzy. She was talking about UK Smash Community to us Foxes and then I saw your name popping up lol. EDIT: I forgot to put this in: So I told her that I saw you in MK Board and how you were training your MK and she did not believe a single word. I even linked this thread to her lol Still did not believe, so I figured you kept it secret since she said she talks to you a lot lol.
We used to talk a lot. not so much these days, probably best to leave it at that :p
That said, It's understandable that she doesnt believe you. I'm one of the first people to ridicule someone for replacing their main with MK. That said, Ike just won't cut it vs. MK, I need a counter, no?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Haha, true true. Well, your past kind of forces you to keep your MK as a secret eh? Anyways, yes, Ike against experienced MK player won't cut it most of the times (I say most of the times because I know there is always a chance for impossible to happen lol). Anyways, understandable why you chose MK.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I feel claustrophobic vs ZSS and Denti's oli.

It's always like they have the lead, then they can go away and wall so hard MK can't penetrate it.
Then I feel cornered/stressed. What do? How do I get past these walls?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, true true. Well, your past kind of forces you to keep your MK as a secret eh? Anyways, yes, Ike against experienced MK player won't cut it most of the times (I say most of the times because I know there is always a chance for impossible to happen lol). Anyways, understandable why you chose MK.

etecoon

Smash Hero
ZSS: item pieces are dumb, just be patient early on. after that, powershield the side B and try to space outside of her dsmash, if you're fast you can just parry her dsmash as it takes 23 frames to come out IIRC. abuse blocking in this matchup, her grab is super high risk and low reward, dsmash is safe on regular block but she doesn't have a guaranteed follow up on block either

Olimar: this can be tricky because a lot of his animations look really similar, more than anything specifically to get past his walls my biggest improvement in this matchup came from understanding how to **** him once he's off stage, nair is really good. also, while his grab is very powerful and has good range, it is slow and isn't a great out of shield, his rolls also suck. if you space out of his up smash range olimars will usually prefer to pivot grab, side B, and smash to defend themselves, pay attention to pikmin color, no purples = side B is a transparent defense

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Denti's Pikmin management is soooo good tho and its like the second I think there's an oppoening to approach "LOL purple"

Maybe I should get infinity to teach me the Denti MU next tourney lmao

Zss I just suck at
Also marth

Tesh

Smash Hero
ZSS is tall so if you get scared up close, remember you can SHUair and hit her.

You can double Uair or my personal favorite is to just SHUair then Nair into the back of her shield. There is almost nothing she can do about it.

Its all about not being sloppy. ZSS can struggle to hit you for 6 damage or if you screw up she can take 40 off and start juggling.

Well spaced tornado beats everything, but watch out for crawling and flipkick. Nado is safe vs dsmash and flipkick but if you screw up its gonna hurt.

You probably feel more overwhelmed by the player ofcourse in those matchups since you probably only play those matchups with a top zss and a top olimar, but once you start making smarter safer decisions , you give yourself a better chance to take them down.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@G~P ????
ZSS, I think we should definitely get rid of armor pieces or turn it back against her... That is all I have :/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nah, just practice their bounces and get comfortable with using them, if you make sure to leave only one on the field, you can even use it for your advantage.
"Get rid of suit pieces" is not always the best option, specially for MK who has a bazillion ways to use them effectively.
Also, "shield a lot" is a bad tip everyone spread for some reason. Her Dsmash and Bair are both safe on block and she can use that to frame-trap you like crazy, also she can begin reading your shield patterns and grab you. Her grab is high-risk, moderate reward, as the positioning that her throws give her is better than any combo or guaranteed damage. That being said, shielding is not bad, but yo do not want to get predictable with it.

As for everything else, I don't really have MU experience, I just use ZSS once in a while and a friend uses her as her main but I haven't played her with MK like... ever...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Welp, "shield a lot" can lead to "get grabbed a lot" situation lol Oh and I should not have forgotten that armor piece can be advantageous for non-ZSS as well. Just, make sure that you are comfortable with item games....

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Whether or not you get rid of or use her armor pieces depends on who your opponent is.

Salem? Never attack with his armor. If its in your hand it needs to be off stage ASAP.

But say you have a really good item game personally, then sure you can use one against like Legyt or some other wifi ZSS's.
Or other random "pretty good" zss'

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@G~P ????
Let it be known that the new site layout is GARBAGE for mobile layout.
anyway, Back to the original message I was GOING to type ~-~
I'm not FORCED to keep it a secret, I just do, Means I have a much greater advantage should I need my MK in tournament. the other guy will be like 'Well, He's an ike main, this is going to be easy enoOH GOD MK, WHY'
I feel claustrophobic vs ZSS and Denti's oli.

It's always like they have the lead, then they can go away and wall so hard MK can't penetrate it.
Then I feel cornered/stressed. What do? How do I get past these walls?
Walk and shield. Providing you don't dash, you're pretty much invulnerable to anything that isn't a grab. And seeing as ZSS has a grab so slow that even I can react to it (for reference, my reaction time is over twice as long as the average gamer, at 0.5s) being able to counter it before the hitbox even comes out shouldn't be a hard task for anyone. They can't run away forever (particularly not vs. MK) so you just have to be patient and wait for them to give you an oppurtunity

Olimar is a bit harder because his grab is great. I'm not too sure how to deal with this myself, but you should be able to Dtilt his grab attempts (his grabs/pikmin have their own hurtbox) at close range. walking and shield at longer ranges is still is preferred option.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@G~P, That's true I suppose. Your "dirty" little secret continues :p Oh, also yeah layout can get messed up. Especially when you are browsing in mobile devices such as phone. Just saying.
@etecoon, ? on "what"

Top Bottom