• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Boards - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, I'm getting kinda tired of seeing troll threads and threads made about the whole ban issue, so I figured this thread would be a fun idea.

Come here to talk about anything! Talk about school, how your day has been, or just how incredibly awesome you are.

DO NOT DISCUSS WHETHER OR NOT MK SHOULD BE BANNED HERE!

I WILL REPORT YOU.

I want this thread to be a breath of fresh air for those who want to get away from it all.

Discuss!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I want to see Meta Knight hacked with Captain Falcon's Moveset.

I wanna see Meta Knight performing a Knee.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I am incredibly awesome.

Im supposed to go to Manchester tomorrow for a Latin lecture but cant make it X(

But on the flipside I just refound The Cure, a fantastic band. Check out Jumping Someone Else's Train.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I agree with Dojo. =P

Also, I'm looking forward to getting my *** home from college so I can eat some ******* turkey.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@Blistering Speed - I'm liking Jumping Someone Else's Train. Good Stuff!

I re-discovered a band as well: The Sleeping (Yes, they are in Guitar Hero :laugh:)

Definitely not a classic like The Cure, but ever since I started listening to them again I can't stop.

Also have a new favorite track: Who Stays Behind?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Also Affinity, I think this is a great idea for a thread, just wanted to let you know. I guess it's nice to be able to talk to MK players about something that isn't MK related.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i suck at spanish. :(
¡Usted tiene suerte, mi amigo, ya que Metacaballero le enseñará de los caminos de español! ¡Aunque ahora usted pueda ser incapaz de formar una oración básica, en ningún tiempo las señoritas se desmayarán sobre su dominio de cada matiz sutil de la lengua sexual última! ¡Sus rodillas temblarán y ellos se caerán en sus armas cuando usted les susurra suavemente "Tocino la Doble Hamburguesa con queso"! ¡Aprenda de mí y usted se hará un maestro de las palabras escritas y dichas del más comúnmente lenguaje hablado en el mundo!

tl;dr version

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
¡Usted tiene suerte, mi amigo, ya que Metacaballero le enseñará de los caminos de español! ¡Aunque ahora usted pueda ser incapaz de formar una oración básica, en ningún tiempo las señoritas se desmayarán sobre su dominio de cada matiz sutil de la lengua sexual última! ¡Sus rodillas temblarán y ellos se caerán en sus armas cuando usted les susurra suavemente "Tocino la Doble Hamburguesa con queso"! ¡Aprenda de mí y usted se hará un maestro de las palabras escritas y dichas del más comúnmente lenguaje hablado en el mundo!

tl;dr version
I understood the word "hamburger." And I'm pretty sure I know what Metacaballero means...

<_<

>_>

cutter

Smash Champion
Two moves I don't see many MKs use a lot:

- Ftilt
Hits on frame 3 and does 11-12% which is great for MK standards. Each hit counts as an individual move so it's great get your Dsmash/Up B/Dair back at max power and have Tornado/Fair do full damage again. Did I also forget to mention the range?

-Dtilt
The best Dtilt in the game. It's a frame trap, it hits on frame 3, it outranges a huge amount of moves, and it's great as a wall/defensive poke. You know how Marth users take pride in their own Dtilt (especially Emblem Lord ;) )? Well... MK's Dtilt is a faster, longer version of Marth's Dtilt that also induces tripping which I love to death because of the techchasing factor. It's Marth's Dtilt on steroids.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

- Ftilt
Hits on frame 3 and does 11-12% which is great for MK standards. Each hit counts as an individual move so it's great get your Dsmash/Up B/Dair back at max power and have Tornado/Fair do full damage again. Did I also forget to mention the range?

-Dtilt
The best Dtilt in the game. It's a frame trap, it hits on frame 3, it outranges a huge amount of moves, and it's great as a wall/defensive poke. You know how Marth users take pride in their own Dtilt (especially Emblem Lord ;) )? Well... MK's Dtilt is a faster, longer version of Marth's Dtilt that also induces tripping which I love to death because of the techchasing factor. It's Marth's Dtilt on steroids.
Clearly you've never played anyone in Texas.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman

- Ftilt

-Dtilt
Any MK who doesn't fail will use these a lot. I'm surprised people still say stuff like this, but w/e.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So who else plays Magic besides Capt Ravager up there ^ ?
I used to, and I didn't only play Affinity. I placed 14th out of 70-80 people with Dredge-a-tog (extended) at my first PTQ.

I actually played a lot of decks...:

Mirrodin T2

Affinity
Tooth and Nail
Mono Blue
Mono Green
White Weenie

Kamigawa Block

Gifts

Kamigawa T2

Red/Green Beatdown
Sea Stompy
Greater Good Gifts
Sizzetron

Tempest Extended

Affinity
Psychatog
Dredge-a-tog

From what I remember... lol

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Psychatog will forever be my favorite creature. I am also a beast with Fact or Fiction for some reason.

I will forever be stuck in Extended land, the last couple of Standard seasons have been super boring to me :(

14th out of 80 is pretty good dude. I got 10th at South Regionals one year when we had 540 people and I was 1 swiss point out of making day 2 at Grand Prix Dallas with the Opposition deck I designed. So close, yet so far :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So who else plays Magic besides Capt Ravager up there ^ ?
I used to play a lot of Magic up until like 2 years ago when I got Twilight Princess realized homework was more important. Oddly enough, a vast majority of it was Affinity. I pretty much played it exclusively from when Darksteel was released to when they had the mass type 2 bannings. I even played it in Extended after I realized that white was a color and it gave you good things like Meddling Mage and Kami of something (the enchantment destroying one, I forget what it's called). After the bannings in Type 2, I pretty much gave up on that format since I barely had any Kamigawa cards and I was too lazy to build and test good decks. My friend was nice enough to lend me a rogue Burning Bridge deck for regionals that year and it was very good (especially the SB, almost all my matches went to game 3). I would've done a lot better with it except for 2 things: My inexperience with it and the fact that it died to Plow Under, which EVERYONE was running.

I also played a fair amount of Type 1. I started with Fish then moved onto combo (Doomsday, Long, GrimLong, etc.). When I quit Magic they unrestricted Gush shortly afterwards, so I guess I'm lucky I dodged that nightmare lol.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Would that be bribery? Hmm...legal dilemma.
No, it would be a lie.

On another note, turns out I remember more spanish than I thought I did. I was cracking up at your spanish post Gates.

Pero lo que has escrito esta falso. De verdad, la ultima lengua sexual ultima debe estar el frances. La television me le ha dicho! Pero no debo estar muy guapo, porque aunque puedo hablar frances mas que muchos, las chicas todavia huian de fria cuando vean mi cara. Se podria estar para esa razon que el Metacabaliero tiene un 'mask'?

Sorry, I forget a whole bunch of my spanish (I took 8 years, and this is what is left after a but a few months of neglect... :( ), and I have no clue how to get all those accents, but hopefully it's still understandable. (Also, I have no idea how to say 'mask' in spanish, and I sure as hell know the translator is wrong on that one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom