• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Boards - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Play Smash anyway. No Johns.

You liked Hulk Flash? Good god man, what is wrong with you? lol
Well, the fact that the deck goldfished a turn 1 win with countermagic backup 80% of the time and STILL wasn't the best deck in the format is just crazy and awesome.

All of it. The last one might be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle exaggerated though :laugh:

EDIT: Just saw that one of my friends messed with the trivia; fixed :)
Are you bilingual? Also, so the GH3 one is true?

I hate GH, except the vocals, which I find kind of fun. DDR, LoZ:TP, or a game that lets my body remain stationary for me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well, the fact that the deck goldfished a turn 1 win with countermagic backup 80% of the time and STILL wasn't the best deck in the format is just crazy and awesome.
Countermagic is for *******. Real men duress dat ****.

Yep. I used to have a vid of me doing it on Youtube that I uploaded back in April. I can upload it again if enough people wanna see it.
You definitely should. Pics Vids or it didn't happen.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Real men don't need mana for their answers.
Duress isn't an answer, it's information warfare. Countermagic is like the cops, Duress is like the Navy Seals.

Anyway, what's everyone think of my new avvy?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Random Question: Would anyone that plays MTG be interested in buying my Affinity deck? Its got all the basic stuff in good condition, including 2 foil Ravagers.

Message me if you are.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OP is betta :p
Bleh. To me One Piece is just a combination of two things that suck: Fantastic Four and Pirates. I mostly only saw the 4kids dub of the anime to be fair, but even when I went back and read the manga I didn't find it interesting.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Duress isn't an answer, it's information warfare. Countermagic is like the cops, Duress is like the Navy Seals.

Anyway, what's everyone think of my new avvy?
No, countermagic is like a bulletproof vest. You have to invest time to get the Navy Seals to deal with your problems, but you don't have to devote time to stopping a bullet when you're already wearing the vest. Your only concern with the vest becomes that they might have more bullets. However, with the Seals, they don't have to fire the first bullet since you took it away from them already, so they don't have to take the time to pull the trigger a second time like they do if you used a vest.

Commented on your avvy in a visitor message.
Bleh. To me One Piece is just a combination of two things that suck: Fantastic Four and Pirates. I mostly only saw the 4kids dub of the anime to be fair, but even when I went back and read the manga I didn't find it interesting.
Yeah, I feel like OP is overrated, too.

Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Azumanga, Excel. That's all I need. :p (I stopped watching Azumanga, finished Excel and Death Note, and have been trying to get the extra time to catch up with Naruto. I kind of gave up on finding the time for Bleah altogether. If they both enter filler then maybe I'll be able to watch more Bleach.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, countermagic is like a bulletproof vest. You have to invest time to get the Navy Seals to deal with your problems, but you don't have to devote time to stopping a bullet when you're already wearing the vest. Your only concern with the vest becomes that they might have more bullets. However, with the Seals, they don't have to fire the first bullet since you took it away from them already, so they don't have to take the time to pull the trigger a second time like they do if you used a vest.
Duress adds to storm count and doesn't waste resources. That's good enough for me.

Does anyone of you know "kirby of the stars"?
I love to watch it. =D
Kirby of the Stars is amazing. The English dub is also funny just because it's so bad and has random stuff like Foghorn Leghorn Dedede and Antonio Banderas Metaknight.

This is the best clip in that series by far.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Mana is a resource. Saying "FoW" wastes it is an opinion, and with Pact of Negation, it's downright wrong.
When I've just played 3 rituals and I have 7 black mana in my pool plus a mox, I can spare 1 mana for Duress and still have enough left over for Grim Tutor -> Will with B leftover. This is the mana equivalent of paying 1 life to use a fetchland and it's hardly a waste of resources when you consider how much you gain from it.

You have a point about Pact of Negation, but FoW and Misdirection can both be very wasteful in a combo deck depending on what deck it is. Obviously Hulk is almost all blue so it's a non-issue, but in Long it's a pretty big deal. The old PitchLong builds ran FoW because they could afford to since they had plenty of extra Brainstorm and Ponder to choose from. But now Long runs 11 blue spells, only 2 of which can reliably be pitched to FoW for sure (Time Walk and Chain of Vapor). The rest are all either situational (Merchant Scroll can be pitched but only if you've already played Ancestral; Windfall can be pitched but only if you've got a better draw7 at your disposal; etc.) or only useful when you're about to win, in which case it's pointless to have FoW backup since Tendrils can't be countered anyway (as far as I can see, nobody plays Stifle anymore). When I see FoW in my opening hamd alongside a couple bombs like Tinker and Desire I think "I hope I topdeck a third blue card so I can go off with Force backup" wheras if I had the same hand with Duress instead of FoW I think "Sweet, now I can learn about my opponent and what he can do to mess with me and in turn find a way around it before or while I combo off".

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Yeah, I feel like OP is overrated, too.

Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Azumanga, Excel. That's all I need. :p (I stopped watching Azumanga, finished Excel and Death Note, and have been trying to get the extra time to catch up with Naruto. I kind of gave up on finding the time for Bleah altogether. If they both enter filler then maybe I'll be able to watch more Bleach.
OP IS the best manga, IMO. naruto is pretty good too, but OP is the best. bleach got boring, death note is decent, and i dont read anything else:laugh:

Deoxys

Smash Lord
When I've just played 3 rituals and I have 7 black mana in my pool plus a mox, I can spare 1 mana for Duress and still have enough left over for Grim Tutor -> Will with B leftover. This is the mana equivalent of paying 1 life to use a fetchland and it's hardly a waste of resources when you consider how much you gain from it.

You have a point about Pact of Negation, but FoW and Misdirection can both be very wasteful in a combo deck depending on what deck it is. Obviously Hulk is almost all blue so it's a non-issue
How can you cast 3 rituals and then tell me I'm wasting resources? :p

The second part I quoted shows why Flash is so badass, it doesn't care because it wins with 2 cards and 2 mana, and it has a free tutor for one of the conditions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry, I'm not allowing chat threads on the character forums. If you want to spam I suggest making a Social group.

Rather then infract you all for spam I'm just going to close this.
Au revoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom