• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Boards - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
From now on whenever I see a Metaknight mirror match I'm going to yell "META KOMBAT!" and sing the Mortal Kombat theme song for the duration.

mindgames?
Dude... we should remake the Mortal Kombat theme song so that it's Meta Knight themed. Like, obviously it'll say "Meta Kombat" instead of "Mortal Kombat," but then the names of the fighters could be replaced with the names of Meta Knight's moves.

That clip reminded me of Power Rangers.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Talk about anything apart from MK's ban? Sure, but all I can say is that Meta Knight is bloody awesome. So bloody awesome that level 9 Marths are his toys and level 9 Marios are his prey. Mk's predator would probably be Snake

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Talk about anything apart from MK's ban? Sure, but all I can say is that Meta Knight is bloody awesome. So bloody awesome that level 9 Marths are his toys and level 9 Marios are his prey. Mk's predator would probably be Snake
If you don't obliterate level 9 Snakes, too, you're doing it wrong.

MK: Annihilation was still 1000000x better than Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

</b movie expert>
What does it take for a movie to be a "C" movie or worse!? I mean, seriously...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbNLiR1trY

The only redemption is that Sonya is in a white tank top and they're fighting in the mud. But trust me, there's worse.
Wow, that was atrocious. I can't believe it entertained me when it was first released.

DUB

Smash Lord
Because I dont want to make a thread about it I'm just gonna repost it again.

How do the MK boards feel like MK does in teams?

More importantly for my situation, is MK better then Snake in doubles?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Because I dont want to make a thread about it I'm just gonna repost it again.

How do the MK boards feel like MK does in teams?

More importantly for my situation, is MK better then Snake in doubles?
MK and Snake are both equally amazing in teams.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey Zinth, you're coming to NO KOST right?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209701
I actually hadn't heard of that before, but seeing as how it's in Wichita I would say that there's a fair chance that Oklahoma, myself included, could be making an appearance. I'll run it by everyone.

I practice against level 9 computers when I decide to try a new character, lol. Just because they suck doesn't mean you can't learn the basics from them xD
Well, yeah, I do that too, but I don't understand why everyone is bragging about how Meta Knight ***** level 9 Marios.

DUB, even though I have limited knowledge of the dynamics of Brawl teams, I'd probably agree with Affinity. I guess it really depends more on your personal play style and character preference. I can, however, tell you that Meta Knight ***** in teams.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'd say whether to use MK or Snake in teams depends on your partner's character, and then I'd go for whatever compensates their weakness (if their character is light and quick, go with Snake, if heavy and slow go with Metaknight). DUB, We could probably help you more if we knew who your doubles partner played.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Why is everyone talking about level 9 computers? They suck :ohwell:
We're MK mains. We have no friends.
I practice against level 9 computers when I decide to try a new character, lol. Just because they suck doesn't mean you can't learn the basics from them xD
Actually, you can practice fairly advanced stuff like combos, zoning, spacing, and to some extent, edgeguarding, rather well against them.
MK and Snake are both equally amazing in teams.
QFT.

MK & Snake is the best doubles team IMO. Omnigay is TOO GOOD.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I'm obviously missing something here. How exactly should you use the Omnigay in doubles?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Place a remote mine on MK.
Ohhhhhhhhhh.

I always thought it meant the old Omnigay with grenades lol.

This helps immensely. My team partner is a Snake. I'll be sure to tell him this.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ohhhhhhhhhh.

I always thought it meant the old Omnigay with grenades lol.

This helps immensely. My team partner is a Snake. I'll be sure to tell him this.
I'm so jealous. None of my friends who play main Snake, but I want a Snake partner in MA BADLY.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm so jealous. None of my friends who play main Snake, but I want a Snake partner in MA BADLY.
lulz, just do double MK. You don't even need a partner, just set 2 wavebirds on the same frequency.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'd say whether to use MK or Snake in teams depends on your partner's character, and then I'd go for whatever compensates their weakness (if their character is light and quick, go with Snake, if heavy and slow go with Metaknight). DUB, We could probably help you more if we knew who your doubles partner played.

Partner plays DK. So killing power is always in the team.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Haha, as always for Omnigays. You can also use 3rd and Omnigay the opponent who's in port 1.
Yep, but its always good to have the 4th port to make sure all your bases are covered.

@Gates: I found an old video of me and Karmacide doing the Omnigay back in September on Youtube. You can use it for reference it you like.

Skip to 3:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_x6wdqXr0

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Lol, so funny^^
(Even though it isn't a "so" awesome move, considering the fact that you have to already be winning against the ennemy to use it properly, or to be at high percents when the opponent isn't, it's still really cool to watch)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Lol, so funny^^
(Even though it isn't a "so" awesome move, considering the fact that you have to already be winning against the ennemy to use it properly, or to be at high percents when the opponent isn't, it's still really cool to watch)
Not necessarily. I actually did it incorrectly in that vid, but its the only vid I have up of me doing it.

If done correctly (timing the explosion as you're going up), your opponent will die and you'll live.

EDIT: Found a video where its done correctly several times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISuuR2Gr6Ow

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Erf, ok, just as the "old" omnigay, I understand better now^^
(It's the first time I've heard of this one, so I didi't think it would actually work just as the previous one).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Awesome, thanks a lot Affinity.

It seems like even without the omnigay per se it's still a good way to just transfer the C4 onto your opponent.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Yep, I knew that: in France, there is a team which wins like... almost every tournaments (but my team hasn't played them yet, and we're pretty good at it so... maybe next time we'll take them the title^^), they play a DDD and a snake, and the DDD gets C4'ed a lot...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dedede seems like a good character to plant C4 on too since he won't die to anything. Can you transfer the C4 by grabbing someone? If so, planting C4 on a Dedede, chaingrabbing to the edge, and then using fthrow->bair->C4 explosion could be really good. If not, you could just try to touch them some other way, suck them up, and blow them away (that sounded a lot less dirty in my head).

Seibrik and G-reg did really well with Dedede/Snake at C3 also. I was really unsure about it since it seems like they'd have trouble against faster teams that included some combination of G&W, Falco, MK, and Pikachu, but if I'm not seeing many of them it would definitely be something to consider. I AM technically a Dedede main after all.

To be honest, my partner and I have never really discussed doubles strategy in-depth. When we decided to go MK/Snake it was before I picked up G&W, so I don't know if G&W/Snake would be better or not. Then there's also his Toon Link to consider. We basically have 6 possible combinations that could be viable, all of which are roughly equal. So many decisions...

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't know if it's transferred with grabs, but you could easily figure this out in training: pick un DDD and snake as your opponent, put the cpu on "control", then put the mine on DDD, and pick up DDD again, then try to grab and watch if it works.
(but if you do it, please post here if it works or not, I would gladly know... But I can't use my wii right now.)

And the DDD/snake team changes to "marth+I don't remember who" sometimes...

Edit: actually, when I team, my partner plays wolf, and mk+wolf do pretty well too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Edit: actually, when I team, my partner plays wolf, and mk+wolf do pretty well too.
Really? My partner uses Wolf as a distant third, so I may look into this combo for friendlies or whatever.

Also, the mods seem to be cracking down on General Discussion threads. Think they'll lock this one? It's not very active.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I guess we don't.

Heh, Metaknights are spammy everywhere but their chat thread. lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SmashWiki said:
Affinity is the greatest pepperoni pizza-eater alive.
O RLY?

I need to go down to Kansas now so that Affinity and I can have a pizza-eating MM.

I wonder if I should have a Dr. Pepper MM with Hylian. I guess not, that's basically just giving him money.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
How much of that trivia is true? Too bad Hulk Flash is such a mediocre name for my fav deck....
I wonder if I should have a Dr. Pepper MM with Hylian. I guess not, that's basically just giving him money.
I imagine the key would be to counterpick a place with terrible Dr. Pepper in their soda fountain so he would be so disturbed by it and against drinking it that you'd auto-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom