• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Circio

Smash Cadet
i just got back from a bi weekly where i would yell TORNADOOOOOOOOOOO and then do a dril rush followed by some dairs into a nado.

worked 7/7 times
Or were your opponents using metamindgames making you think that it worked, but in all reality they knew you were going to do your drill rush to dairs to nado and just wanted to lure you into a false sense of security. Thus making you overconfident in your metamindgame ability?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm shatting bricks from this epic win topic. Please make more because you're making my day.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Expecting more high quality content from OP, mainly in the form of trolling the mass populous without their consent

Killer Napalm

Smash Cadet
One can not leave the mindgames

the mindgames control you, once you know about mindgames you are already loosing, the last person to forget about midngames has already lost. you are in the game. constantly loosing, remmebering about the mindgames game is the ulitmate loss

when both players are at optimal they are both trying to midngames yet not put mindgames to work at the same time, you CAN be mindgamed withgouth actually being mindgamed. most people will say then the mindgame was to not use a mindgame, false the mindgame was letting your oppoenent thing he is not being mindgame while actually being mindgamed while u actually think of an actual mindgame

YOU LOOSE
My ****ing head hurts.

AnonymousX10

Smash Rookie
Haha! I'd have to use that Snake-dashing quote thingy. My brother keeps on snakedashing, and if I spam my arrows cause I have no idea what to do, he just goes right through my arrows and uses a tilt! LOL.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Expecting more high quality content from OP, mainly in the form of trolling the mass populous without their consent
Y SO SRYS?!?!?

It's about time someone didn't appreciate this thread. I'm actually somewhat surprised that it hasn't happened sooner.

"Trolling" has such a broad definition, so I'll let that pass.

"Without their consent" is a bit much though; look at the freaking thread title.

Metamindgame Spam.

Shouldn't that tip people off that this isn't a serious topic?

Because it's not. It's a seriously epic topic, and thanks to viewers like you it's reached seven pages. Can't wait to see this linked to The Most Important Thread You Will Ever Read, or mentioned on the Smash Wiki.

Denzi

Smash Master
It's a seriously epic topic, and thanks to viewers like you it's reached seven pages. Can't wait to see this linked to The Most Important Thread You Will Ever Read, or mentioned on the Smash Wiki.
It is and it should be. I wish other people hadn't sigged stuff already, cause I would've.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I did this once it was lol. I was losing and then my friend was like "You play a weird and i don't know what you are going to do" MINDGAMES after the match he was all pissed and he was like "Don't try to make it sound like you are good" the funny thing is while i started saying mindgames he couldn't land a kill hit...then i sd'd D=

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to say that I've been metamindgaming this entire thread, WITHOUT A SINGLE POST UP UNTIL NOW! :chuckle:
How? :dizzy:
Metamindgame posts I've made ANYWHERE ELSE! Also I metamindgamed all the people that played the people you've played before you've played them. Even your family members.
I'm so far away from you Metamindgames, it's metamindgaming yourself.
And don't believe you knew this was coming, because I JUST TOLD YOU! :crazy:
OMGSH *screams* noooooooooooo
Why? *cries* :scared:
So the moral of the story : You've all been 4 stocked.
(BTW there is only one metamindgame counter known against this argument. Do you no it?)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
This works. I know from experience.

It works best with Lucario, since you actually have a basis to your claim! :D

"C'mon, keep racking that damage. It'll just let me kill you faster."

Jos

Smash Rookie
This is great, I love it. Addition?

Just get 3-0'd in straight sets to lose the tournament? (Mind Games! You beat me so easily this time, that next tournament you won't pay me any attention. Your mind will subcounsiously remember how "simple" I was and not put any effort into the match, making the next tourney an easy win for me!)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Imagine someone showing up to a tournament in a DK suit. Eating bananas. And saying he mindgamed you with his suit. And he just does nothing. And you get mind****ed so badly you SD. That would be ultimate failure :\
An addition to this that would make it a better mindgame is if you taunted before and after each match with DKs taunts, while in the gorilla suit.

EDIT: NEW MIND GAME SUBCATEGORY: the PREGAME MINDGAMES

* stare at your opponent the entire time while waiting for the match to begin.
* chuckle/snicker/say 'hmm' after they do something like pick a character/stage
* make absurd claims like you can tell their playstyle bytheir shoes or something like that.
* have some acronym as your Brawl Tag and tell them it's code for your strategy to beat them
*etc...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Was at a tournament yesterday, had some really good metamindgame spamming (in friendlies at least). You know, things like:
"I'm going to mindgames you."
"See how I just died? You'll see why."
(After getting chaingrabbed) "Nice, I got you to the other side of the stage... right where I want you to be..."

Good times.

Scott!

Smash Lord
This works. I know from experience.

It works best with Lucario, since you actually have a basis to your claim! :D

"C'mon, keep racking that damage. It'll just let me kill you faster."
I love doing this. I like to play around with Lucario sometimes. I usually start off pretty badly, since I'm not that great with him. After I've taken like 70% to the 25% I've given, I'll announce that I'm ready to start fighting now. And I usually suddenly actually play better. It's awesome.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe just TODAY i managed to click on this topic, and, I love it. I've been doing this a lot in friendlies though : P. This is hilarous&epic win.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You guys really dont get it, i let you kill me to refresh all my stale moves and kick your *** after!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
An addition to this that would make it a better mindgame is if you taunted before and after each match with DKs taunts, while in the gorilla suit.

EDIT: NEW MIND GAME SUBCATEGORY: the PREGAME MINDGAMES

* stare at your opponent the entire time while waiting for the match to begin.
* chuckle/snicker/say 'hmm' after they do something like pick a character/stage
* make absurd claims like you can tell their playstyle bytheir shoes or something like that.
* have some acronym as your Brawl Tag and tell them it's code for your strategy to beat them
*etc...

If people keep coming up with stuff like this I'l have to either do a major revision or a whole other entry on this delightfully absurd, egregiously important topic so I can add all this stuff in.

I'll cite you, I swear.

Top Bottom