• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Wait, no one closed this thread too?

What's "Player Cancel"?

The only thing I can think of is that a human-controlled character is a "player", a Player is positive while CPU's are negative because they are the exact opposite, so during a tourney one would switch on a computer instead of actually playing to cancel the person you are playing against and then take all of the credit.

Or you could claim that since two negatives equal a positive, your opponent is actually pitted against two computers controlling one character, then go to the bathroom while your opponent tries to figure out what to do.

I think that math is getting to my head.....

tocador

Smash Lord
Player cancel is barely simple, but your interpretation of player cancel i just, AWSOME. Player cancel would be much like punching your oponent when he kills you, or maybe desynching their controler so they cant play, or even tell a boring story about your grandma mole and how she got rid of it, so then you can win the match with no effort!

But now i can see a MMGS in PC(player cancel), maybe you can hit yourself everytime you kill/chain/combo your opponent so that he freaks out THAT much, and forfeight. I dunno, the whole PC and MMGS concept is way to awsome for it to be conprehended!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
If I had the malice or inclination to hit the controller out of my opponents hands or simply hit them in the head to mess up their gameplay, I might as well walk down the rest of that road and engineer an elaborate hidden trapdoor underneath the chair of my opponent, leading down to spikes, crocodiles, fire, or a zesty combination of the three.

That, or I'd sabotage his clothing and sew explosives into his pants.

His PANTS.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Wouldn't Player Cancel be more like attacking the other guy, but you clank, and the guy disappears?

Scott!

Smash Lord
If I had the malice or inclination to hit the controller out of my opponents hands or simply hit them in the head to mess up their gameplay, I might as well walk down the rest of that road and engineer an elaborate hidden trapdoor underneath the chair of my opponent, leading down to spikes, crocodiles, fire, or a zesty combination of the three.

That, or I'd sabotage his clothing and sew explosives into his pants.

His PANTS.
I support this fully.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, wouldn't hitting yourself be a better option?

Example:

you: AWWW MY BALLS I CAN'T MOVE *proceed to lay on the floor and roll around*
them: are you okay? *they proceed to come to you and comfort etc.*
you: Sike! *you then take your controller and knock em off stage*

folk!

Smash Apprentice
the best metamindgame would be to spam ike's eruption (FULLY CHARGED). im not even going to go over all the advantages of this. accept ur letting ur opponent KNOW ur controlling this match.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
This has been stated before... by one of the greatest(The greatest ROB player)
Its called "Soul Crushing" isn't it?

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
Eruption Spam seems like a pretty good idea *edits Character-Specific blog for the sake of completion*
Flare Blade spam > Eruption spam...
especially in Brawl
No I'm not one of the melee players >.<

Baloo

Smash Ace
When playing as Kirby against a spammer: Use inhale.

Example: Meta Knight is spamming Tornado! Use inhale, and say "Imma become Tornado spam Kirby!" he SDs.

Or inhale Pit's arrows and say you'll become Patenulwhata Kirby. He SDs.

Inhale turnips. "TURNIP KIRBY!!!" Then, everyone leaves and you win the tournament by default.

Pelikinesis, just to tell you, in MYM4, my last moveset will be centered around MetaMindgame Spam.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You are only allowed to do that if, before and/or afterwards, you make a cheesy pun about how much you "suck" with Kirby.

Doing that for the sake of Metamindgamespamming is another means of affecting the real world (through the META part) and will in fact cause people to automatically fall to the ground in a split second with huge sweatdrops on their heads ala any anime ever, which constitutes Player Cancelling.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Cheesy puns are fair game? What about constantly using Diddy's Down B on the edge of the stage so that the bananas fall instantly off stage...

Then when you explain to your opponent your metamindgame, you go, "Oh, am I driving you...BANANAS?"

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I wish I was creative. If I was I'd give ice climbers a totally bad *** metamindgame.

Hmm, maybe something about killing nana on purpose?
METAMINDGAME?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Barge, I'll try to make a Nana-sacrifice metamindgame just for you.

MarthTrinity, you make me want to write a Pun-based Metamindgamespam Blog
, but I won't because it'll probably get closed like the other MMGS thread

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
Removed, so that MMGS padawans may become stronger with the light side of the force, and retain their sanity.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Oh man......Metamindgamespam + Raffi = no survivors.

Internet Meme Metamindgamespam warps the sanity of the one using it, kind of like using the Dark Side of the Force.

Sure, you get to shoot lightning bolts out of your hands, but then you find yourself in DIRE need of Botox every 16 hours.

I asked myself, "Is it really worth it?"

Not to me, it isn't.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've discovered a useful MMGS for Competitive Team Battles-

You choose a character (Not Lucario) and your partner chooses one (Not Lucario), and I assume Team Killing will be on. Now, as you fight your opponents, you and your partner must suddenly begin damaging the other.

The foes will be all, "What the HELL are you doing?"

And you respond, "If I told you THAT, then you wouldn't fall into my MIND GAME."

So they're all, "OH GOD, IT'S A TRAP. FIND SOME ITEMS-"

But it's a competitive TOURNEY. No items, BEETCH.

So, while you two are damaging each other, the enemy decides to do the same, to try and counter your mind game. You and your foe then stop and go, "OH GOD, THEY'RE DOING IT NOW TOO! HELLS NO, WE'RE DEAD."

So, you get your foes to think they're winning, that they've got you on the run- it is all a deception. At around 100% for each bad guy, you and your teammate perform the greatest of all spams-

THE CROUCH SPAM.

tocador

Smash Lord
I've discovered a useful MMGS for Competitive Team Battles-

You choose a character (Not Lucario) and your partner chooses one (Not Lucario), and I assume Team Killing will be on. Now, as you fight your opponents, you and your partner must suddenly begin damaging the other.

The foes will be all, "What the HELL are you doing?"

And you respond, "If I told you THAT, then you wouldn't fall into my MIND GAME."

So they're all, "OH GOD, IT'S A TRAP. FIND SOME ITEMS-"

But it's a competitive TOURNEY. No items, BEETCH.

So, while you two are damaging each other, the enemy decides to do the same, to try and counter your mind game. You and your foe then stop and go, "OH GOD, THEY'RE DOING IT NOW TOO! HELLS NO, WE'RE DEAD."

So, you get your foes to think they're winning, that they've got you on the run- it is all a deception. At around 100% for each bad guy, you and your teammate perform the greatest of all spams-

THE CROUCH SPAM.
In this case CRAWL SPAM is more efficient, but nvm QTF!

smashbot226

Smash Master
In this case CRAWL SPAM is more efficient, but nvm QTF!
An added bonus. Best case scenario is a Wario/Luigi team, where they corner one enemy teammate and start "******" him. In which I mean, Wario and Luigi crawl up against the foe from opposite sides, and they ONLY crouch.

The cornered foe is all, "HELLHELLHELLHELLHELLNOOOOOOO."

Then the teammate is like, "OH GOD, NEXT IS ME." So, he attempts running around to avoid that same grizzly fate, but then-

YOU TWO SPAM YOUR UP TAUNTS. The remaining sane foe (Because the other SD'd til death from the mindbreaker.) is then confused, and slips up. Then, you two strike- Grab the bad guy, while the teammate crawls up against the trapped foe, then alternate positions.

The poor sap is sure to not only be humiliated, but also banned. For being ***** by you two.

Then M2K will pop out of a giant cake wearing nothing but a thong and two plastic cups connected by strings for a bra.

Pi

Smash Hero
I see marketing potential for this...
A plain white T-shirt w/ system font
"I'm mindgaming you" on the front
"Or am I" on the back
"I am" on the inside or under the pits

And maybe a line for women
Cotton pants with 'Mindgames' on the butt

Top Bottom