• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Zylar

Smash Ace
Dude, MMGS has more potentcy during a item match. XD

What about those matches with set HP?
"Hah, you are soooo going to lose, I've got 100 more percent than you."
"You are sadly mistaken. Now that you've underestimated me I will win by 100 percent more.
"Wha? You have like 20% left."
"See your doom coming now?"

Coin matches :
"You can have all the coins."
"What? Won't you put up a fight?"
"Naw, I'll just let you collect all the coins for me, and then collect them at the last second."
"0_o, oh noes, I can't collect any coins, because he'll just steal them from me!?!? How can I possibly win???"

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
wtf? Someone revived the thread? Fascinating.

@above comment:....I have no idea what that has to do with MetamindgameSpam, unless your friend starts mouthing off some annoying reference to Pokemon Snap.

Well, if this billboard of a thread is back on the first page and easy to access for people who've never seen it, I have more blogs on this stuff. They're totally linked into my sig.

EDIT:

I suppose that since this is once again on the first page, I might as well advertise here as well.

I wrote up a new MMGS blog. It addresses the issue of stalling, which seems to be a prevalent concern in the Tactical Discussion boards at the moment.

smashbros.maniac

Smash Cadet
Man, this is AMAZING!!!

I'll have to try this!!! All MK users will be PWNED!!! I don't know how I ever played Smash without this strategy!!!

(But what's really funny is that it might actually work on some people! xD )

Three thumbs up, dude!!! ^_^

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So basically...you are just getting terribly owned while saying "HA! I knew you were gonna do that!" and not doing anything?

Kishin

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that in a competitive game they might not hear anything because they are concentrating on the match. The only probably way I see this being used in an actual tournament is something like you're snake and you place a C4 somewhere and if they even get relatively close to it then you repeat the words C4 over and over again but just loud enough so that you know they can hear it. In doing this, they will probably attempt to get away from the C4 and that's where they fall into your trap. A similar application with any character could be to yell out a move you might do next but do something else. It would be something like, *snake recovering with up+b* and you jump off the ledge and shout DOWN A or SPIKEEEE and you then proceed to actually do what you shout out. But then, after you do that a few times then you say it but you then do something else, shout out WHOREEENADDDOOO and then proceed to dash shield grab them.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
^^hey, you just found another MMGS!!!

when you plant a C4, start to repeatedly say 'C4...C4...C4...C4'. eventually the opponent will start thinking 'OMG THATS ANNOYING, MUST IGNORE HIM...IGNORE THE WORDS...IGNORE C4...IGNORING C4...' and then they will completely forget that you ever planted a C4 and walk right over it.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
@Dekuu: You have barely scratched the surface of MetamindgameSpam, there are many, many more possibilities. There is an example I posted on Pelikinesis's social group a bit down the page about MMGS with food. Yes, food. There is no where that you can hide from MMGS.

@Kishin: Those are just mindgames and intidimidation tactics you thought up after reading this, but you get a thumbs up for trying. *gives Kishin a thumbs up* However, METAmindgames are far more deadly than your average, everyday, mindgames.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I was attempting to express how in a match, attacks can be in game and verbally. You could simply say "don't walk into that C4 behind you", "ITS A TRAP...", or "yesss, come cloooserrr to my land mine" and that might just give you an edge to win. Even though trash talking during a match is considered highly unsportsmanlike, it really does have a psychological effect on your opponent in making them thinking twice or angering them into a false sense of security.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So, suitably panicked, he runs away and starts ledgecamping, hoping to death that he can win by percentage, and thinking that ledgecamping will keep him safe from your overwhelming tactical superiority. But do you know what you do next?
[/COLOR]
You stand there. And you say: "OH ****!! I'm just standing there! What now?!"

And he starts to think: "Oh teh noes!1 He just rendered ledgecamping useless!!!"
Just....stand? If you jst stand and don't do anything he'll win. And it's not considered stalling since you're not doing anything.

Metaknight is spamming Tornado? Counter spam with Metamindgames ("Hah! Knew you were going to do that. Did you see how I DIDN'T block that? Know why? You're about to find out!)
And then...?
Okay, you get hit with Tornado, then what? "You're about to find out"? Yeah, only if you play as MK vs MK.

Snakedashing problems? Metamindgames. ("Wow, you sure go fast when you do that. You know where you just Snakedashed? RIGHT INTO MY MINDGAME!")
O...kay, then what are you supposed to do?

Did you just accidentally SD? Metamindgames ("Did you see how I just killed myself? Bet you're feeling confident now. You're growing complacent. Cocky. Now it's just a matter of time until you slip up. It's inevitable. And once you do, I'll strike.")
If it's a good player you're plaing against, forget it. He'd still **** you with MK lol.

For Character-Specific Metamindgames, go
here.
I went there and saw Olimar's advice. "Don't use Pikmin"? WTF?!

In fact, every advice there is a joke -_-

The Tier List is hereby broken. Enjoy the rapidly changing face of the Brawl competitive scene.

Join the movement.

I'm starting to think this is a joke. Unless you're playing someone with mental *********** or someone under 10. I mean, screaming out loud to your opponent that he "fell right into your <<"meta"mindgame>>" won't do anything. It's all about matchu-up knowledge and mentality.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
wtf? Someone revived the thread? Fascinating.

@above comment:....I have no idea what that has to do with MetamindgameSpam, unless your friend starts mouthing off some annoying reference to Pokemon Snap.

Well, if this billboard of a thread is back on the first page and easy to access for people who've never seen it, I have more blogs on this stuff. They're totally linked into my sig.

EDIT:

I suppose that since this is once again on the first page, I might as well advertise here as well.

I wrote up a new MMGS blog. It addresses the issue of stalling, which seems to be a prevalent concern in the Tactical Discussion boards at the moment.

I'm going to use MMGS to bend time and prevent MMGS from ever existing, then return to my time and be the only one who can use it.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I'm starting to think this is a joke. Unless you're playing someone with mental *********** or someone under 10. I mean, screaming out loud to your opponent that he "fell right into your <<"meta"mindgame>>" won't do anything. It's all about matchu-up knowledge and mentality.
LOLOL

i hate to say it, but you're a perfect example of someone that would fall for MMGS. and you wouldn't even know it.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
lol. just need to keep bumping this thread back to first page, huh. Well, for people new to MMGS, I posted up blogs on it covering more indepth material. Like, ALOT of them.

For longtime followers (Alfa you are a beast at recruiting) who are too lazy to visit the social group, I'm going to post a "Now Discussing" thread on MMGS either in the User Blogs section or the Tactical Boards for all my stuff, instead of having to make a new blog each time I think of something new.

So, User Blogs or Tactical Discussion Thread? Where should it go?

bobson

Smash Lord
You've already been metamindgamed into thinking it doesn't work.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I believe that this should go in tactical discussion because (1) it affects the entire smash community, (2) is a completely viable tactic (hence "Tactical" discussion),(3) is full of WIN, and (4) is also a perfect opportunity to Metamindgamespam the entire smash community
muhuhahahaha

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
Honestly though, this topic is pretty much BS. So far you're have only given circular logic BS as an excuse for the existence of this topic. And honestly, why the heck do people even find this funny (No, even with the circular logic BS it's not funny), and how in heck did this ---- manage to get to 15 pages?

****, just get rid of this mess already.

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Honestly though, this topic is pretty much BS. So far you're have only given circular logic BS as an excuse for the existence of this topic. And honestly, why the heck do people even find this funny (No, even with the circular logic BS it's not funny), and how in heck did this ---- manage to get to 15 pages?

****, just get rid of this mess already.
I think this man has been Metamindgamed. Everyone agree with me?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah, this is pretty much a joke/spam thread...no wonder why it's on General Brawl Discussion...oh wait it isn't lawl, well, it should be there

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I knew you were going to post this thread, and I knew everybody in here would reply to it!
MMGS FTW :D

Definatly going to use it just to get opponent reactions xD

Scott!

Smash Lord
It seems the potency of MMGS has actually become powerful enough to mindgame people here without even having a user. Sure, Pelikinesis posted everything, but just as examples. It seems the very idea of MMGS has gotten into the minds of people here. I tremble at this new power, and the implications.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I can't wait for the day I play a MMGSer. I can picture it. He uses a MMGS technique, I lose a stock. I realize what happen, smile, and then shake their hands saying "I think we're going to get along!" ^^

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@negative feedback:

Actually, I'm surprised that within 16 pages, only three people lack appreciation for MMGS. I thought there would be more, to be honest.

Lame? What constitutes lame, precisely? Having a social group with 18+ members who coordinate efforts into research and video development?

Spam? If the purpose of this thread was spam, then the thread wouldn't have been pushed back to second or third page TWICE already. It simply gets revived when users come across it, and I try to direct them to other material.

Just because you disagree or dislike the idea doesn't mean you need to trash talk it.

Besides, I just countered your ire by tripdancing, then shieldbreak-mindgamed you for the KO. When you come back on your last stock, I'll target your return-from-death invulnerability with my MetamindgameSpam and watch your percentage go to 999%.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'd just like to say that since this thread, I have MMGS'd in every tournament I have been to. Everything down to the preemptive "I am going to mindgames you."

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I would
make someone else who isn't me
pay for a recording complete with audio, but congratulations regardless. Might you have procured more insight in the realm of an actual match? If so, please do share.

EDIT:

I missed the comment the guy that isn't Dekuu or Royale posted up about MetamindgameSpam being BS. Let me address that here:

The main problem I have with these types of comments is that people will come to this thread stating their opinions as facts. BS? That's highly debatable. Is this thread really any more spam-ridden or lame than the myriad of other threads posted on Tactical Discussion lamenting on the prevalence of Planking or lobbying for a ban against MK?

If it becomes easier for you to accept, then think of MetamindgameSpam as a kind of organized religion. You may not believe in it, but people who really believe in it are affected by it, regardless of whether or not it truly exists. MMGSers should welcome non-believers in the ideal manner that church members should welcome random people on the street into their hallowed halls.

MetamindgameSpam sets Smashers free of all the tourneyf@g/n00b hate, the heated debates that degenerate into mindless spam, and the constant calls for banning this and not banning that. You may not believe in its ability to win a tournament, and all we can do is state our reasons without coercing you into the fold.

So please understand that coming into this thread and telling all those who posted 16 pages worth that they are lame and spammy could be taken as offensive by some.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but whether it is useful or not in an actually high level competitive tournament is actually more likely true that it WON'T be useful. Someone in that level will more likely be concentrating on the match to block out any external noise or won't be affected by something like this because they are pro to the point that they've learned to not let these things affect their game. If someone falls prey to this then they have a weak mindset on the game on probably may not be very good at the game whether you metamindgame them or not. Unless the matches are 1 stock 1 match then after a good player realizes they've been tricked then it more likely would not work a second time since they should simply just ignore it. The reason this should still have a place in tactical discussion imo is that the idea of verbally attacking the opponent in some way is an actual effective and viable strategy that makes you look like an *** at times but may just win you the match. Unless they make a rule about not being talking during a match then this idea seems to have a lot of potential as far as mindgames go.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but whether it is useful or not in an actually high level competitive tournament is actually more likely true that it WON'T be useful. Someone in that level will more likely be concentrating on the match to block out any external noise or won't be affected by something like this because they are pro to the point that they've learned to not let these things affect their game. If someone falls prey to this then they have a weak mindset on the game on probably may not be very good at the game whether you metamindgame them or not. Unless the matches are 1 stock 1 match then after a good player realizes they've been tricked then it more likely would not work a second time since they should simply just ignore it. The reason this should still have a place in tactical discussion imo is that the idea of verbally attacking the opponent in some way is an actual effective and viable strategy that makes you look like an *** at times but may just win you the match. Unless they make a rule about not being talking during a match then this idea seems to have a lot of potential as far as mindgames go.
Are you kidding me?

...and, well, I don't feel like going into detail about my MMGSing (too lazy to type right now), but I'll just say there were many "I meant to do that," moments.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Pelikenises fails.

He doesn't understand that MMGS is only attainable by those which are enlightened. Those who are not, simply are skeptics and can't recognize greatness when it's in their faces. That or they have never reached Nirvana. Kurt Kobain didn't, and you see what happened?

Point made.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My point was that when it comes to new people encountering MMGS, there tends to be one of two reactions to it. Either they (a) recognize the awesome, or (b) Start muttering about johns or spam or BS or something.

That shouldn't be the case. A person doesn't have to choose either to accept or not accept MMGS. They can choose to accept part of it, enough to see where we are coming from without using it themselves.

I just don't see why people should react to MMGS overwhelmingly negatively. I understand why people would react to it overwhelmingly positively of course, but just because a person doesn't agree doesn't mean they should start hating on it.

And because this is a thread about MetamindgameSpam residing in Smashboards, I'm trying to step on as few toes as possible. Of course, MetamindgameSpam permeates not only SWF, but all Smashers across the planet, and even non-Smashers as well. But since we are using this website's forum space I'd like to avoid needless conflict as much as possible.

TL;DR version: I'm being diplomatic. lawlz.

@Vorguen: That's funny. I don't REMEMBER failing.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Pelikenises fails.

He doesn't understand that MMGS is only attainable by those which are enlightened. Those who are not, simply are skeptics and can't recognize greatness when it's in their faces. That or they have never reached Nirvana. Kurt Kobain didn't, and you see what happened?

Point made.
I don't think he fails. One can be supportive of the MMGS movement without having reached this state of enlightenment. I know I'm no pro at Form Zero, but I can discuss and support it nonetheless. MMGS support is not a dichotomy between the enlightened and the skeptical. There are levels of understanding.

However, the MMGS wave is still new, and none of us truly know where it will take us, how it develop, or what new forms await. We can only do our best to further our understanding of it.

Top Bottom