• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
One can not leave the mindgames

the mindgames control you, once you know about mindgames you are already loosing, the last person to forget about midngames has already lost. you are in the game. constantly loosing, remmebering about the mindgames game is the ulitmate loss

when both players are at optimal they are both trying to midngames yet not put mindgames to work at the same time, you CAN be mindgamed withgouth actually being mindgamed. most people will say then the mindgame was to not use a mindgame, false the mindgame was letting your oppoenent thing he is not being mindgame while actually being mindgamed while u actually think of an actual mindgame

YOU LOOSE

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
One can not leave the mindgames

the mindgames control you, once you know about mindgames you are already loosing, the last person to forget about midngames has already lost. you are in the game. constantly loosing, remmebering about the mindgames game is the ulitmate loss

when both players are at optimal they are both trying to midngames yet not put mindgames to work at the same time, you CAN be mindgamed withgouth actually being mindgamed. most people will say then the mindgame was to not use a mindgame, false the mindgame was letting your oppoenent thing he is not being mindgame while actually being mindgamed while u actually think of an actual mindgame

YOU LOOSE

......did I just get mindgamed?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That's just ludicrous. If I was playing Melee, how would I be able to use such awesome Brawl-only mechanics such as tripping for my Metamindgame spamming?

EDIT:

I take that back. Melee has its own bag of goodies. I could attempt a Wavedash at the ledge for an SD-related mindgame.

I'll call Melee and Brawl as even in terms of metamindgame spam potential.

MOAR EDIT:

Curses! Popertop already metamindgamespammed that one dumb-looking Metaknight thread! I feel like I missed out....
Melee has more tech options=More **** to mindgame with. Waveland into Falcon Pawnch. With Luigi.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I've actually thought about trying to talk to my opponents while actually playing them. Yay at not being socially awkward. <_<

Not saying that everyone is, but a lot of people I've met...are.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Those are pretty evil metamindgames, but seriously, they look more like very clever johns to me. ^^
HAH! That's because you fell into my mindgame which is THIS VERY THREAD!!!

Did you see what I just did? I mindgamed someone online who I'm not even playing Smash with!

Crap...I should have called it out, first....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This is way too good. should be banned in tournys imo (jk i wanna use this technique)

xD I always thought psychiing out the opponent was a good way to go

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Revolutionary. Cover your lack of physical skill with psychological tactics. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

I bow before your great metamindgaming mind, Sir.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
these advanced mindgames go beyond the actual game itself. game-changing stuff, this metamindgamespamming

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Imagine someone showing up to a tournament in a DK suit. Eating bananas. And saying he mindgamed you with his suit. And he just does nothing. And you get mind****ed so badly you SD. That would be ultimate failure :\

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
someone please go do that at a tournament somewhere, and have it on camera.

I'll be so proud.

Just for that sole reason, we have to play now.
If you attend any HOBOs (big tourneys in Houston) then we must friendly.
Considering that I made a thread advocating that elaborate, mind-blowing johns are superior to tech skill and ATs, you shouldn't expect me to actually play in tourneys.

On the other hand, it WOULD be fun. You and me, Popertop. We'll conquer the Doubles for sure with our Metamindgame spamming metagaming might.

EDIT:

I just discovered the existence of "The MOST IMPORTANT Thread You'll Ever Read" thread, a thread which is an index of the most helpful guides on this site.

I would die LOLeloquenting if this thread was linked from there.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I could be my own billboard for myself if linked this thread into my sig.

Is that against some sort of rule I'm not aware of?

I can haz moar publicity plz?

oh, and if I DO make more of these things, would it be more appropriate as a user blog, or will I get more attenshuns with threads?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Wait a second.

If everything you do is a mindgame, then are you having us look at this thread to further advance your evil mindgame?

I'm not saying how good and epic this is. HA! now what will you do? I just ruined your plot!

unless this is exactly what you wanted me to say...

(srsly though, great thread)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second.

If everything you do is a mindgame, then are you having us look at this thread to further advance your evil mindgame?

I'm not saying how good and epic this is. HA! now what will you do? I just ruined your plot!

unless this is exactly what you wanted me to say...

(srsly though, great thread)

Yes.

I'm so clever.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And I knew that you would post this message on December the 10th 2008 at 6:50 PM GMT as your 790th post, manhunter. Which of course makes you vulnerable to my own metamindgame. As expected, of course.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Shake hands with your opponent before the match and claim you never washed your hands...

^This is the best mindgames you can give to your opponent...

manhunter098

Smash Lord
See. I knew you would freak out.
I would say gotacha, but then you would just counter, so I counter your countermetamindgames with my own. *continues screaming*.

Try fighting me now with all that noise. You wont be able to hear me coming. And I drown out your metamindgames, your only option is to scream louder than I am.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I would say gotacha, but then you would just counter, so I counter your countermetamindgames with my own. *continues screaming*.

Try fighting me now with all that noise. You wont be able to hear me coming. And I drown out your metamindgames, your only option is to scream louder than I am.
I made you the 69th post of this board... I randomly Mindgamed you into it...

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Incoherent shouting matches are the inevitable pinnacle of metamindgame spamming by both sides.

Followed by silence.

then MOAR mindgamez.

Eventually, the Wii can't take it anymore and it reverts into an NES for some reason, and your controller is replaced by a Powerglove.

You have been warned....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO wow. amazing

or maybe he's trying to trick us into thinking he's gay when in actuality, the fact that it's backwards means it's the opposite

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i just got back from a bi weekly where i would yell TORNADOOOOOOOOOOO and then do a dril rush followed by some dairs into a nado.

worked 7/7 times

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
while this makes me happy to no end:

dude, go easy on the tournament scene. Start metamindgame spamming with Captain Falcon, or some other definitely bad character.

Although I fully believe and advocate the fact that Metamindgame Spam will balance out the roster fully and without exception, taking an unsuspecting and innocent tournament by storm with Metaknight seems....I dunno....cruel?

Top Bottom