• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
But he can't force MK to approach with his petty projectile. He cant compete with MK on the ground. MK gimps the hell out of him. If you just play patient Lucas can't win.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
lucas is gay at recovery,gay with aerials,completely shuts down nado,super gay with dair to jab locks to smashes...im not saying he wins,but lucas can hold his own:embarrass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOBdTJFhg

^^ just youtube that,the little combover freak does decent
lol...did you lose to a Lucas recently or something? That video is not an accurate display of MK vs. Lucas. M2K clearly had no idea what he was doing in the matchup (displayed by his excessive use of tornado) and made loads of mistakes (lol at him jabbing like 3-4 times). Lucas certainly doesn't shut down tornado. How the hell is his recovery gay? It's ridiculously gimpable, and you get a free hit if you edgehog him. MK's uair and utilt outspace Lucas's dair, and uair outspeeds it. You shouldn't be getting hit by dair to dtilt crap (and you can tech it anyway).

MK is gay with edgeguarding, tornadoing, spacing, shield pressure, and boxing.

i also believe mk can dash chaingrab him from ground release if the dash is buffered
also you get d-smash too
I already posted this. :p You also get dtilt, ftilt, and dash attack.

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol toronto, it wasn't a personal attack he was just stating his views on the matchup (I think :p).

Anyway, I feel its in MK's favour by 65:35. Maybe 60:40. If Metaknight stays grounded theirs not much the Lucas can do. Ftilt and retreating Fair beat all his approaches and if he starts Dairing, Uair and Utilt beat it as Doom said.

If Lucas gets the lead, approach slowly powershielding his projectiles until he reaches the end of the stage, poke him with Dtilt to pressure him and simply wait for him to react. If he stays in his shield, you can continue to poke or running grab, if he jumps he will either try to rush at you and Nair or Jump over and Dair. The best way to deal with this is Ftilt, this will beat his Nair, if he tries to Dair it will be out of range so you won't get brought up in it, and you will have time to stop Ftilt prematurely, and Uair or Utilt him.

Also Doom I see you put Wolf and Sonic as small advantages for metaknight, I'm just interested, would you like to explain your thoughts on that matchup?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If the
Arm
Pit smells real bad, then the match-up is at least 70:30 Pit's favor.

Max Ketchum

Yeah, I wasn't making a personal attack, lmao. I was joking with the "Did you lose to a Lucas" part. :p I guess Internet sarcasm is quite difficult to see through. Also, just shielding vs. Lucas rather than spot dodging is a very good idea, considering that his grab is kinda terrible and Lucas is very good against spot dodging. Nair out of shield beats pretty much his whole moveset, and for everything you can't nair, there's up B and dair.

Wolf- Forces MK to approach. His laser has a very thick/wide hitbox, deals 6 damage, and of course, goes through tornado. Shine is a very good tool against tornado as well due to invincibility. Wolf can poke kinda well on MK's shield with bair (FF bair allows him to land and shield quickly enough to avoid up B out of shield) and racks damage very efficiently. The kill percents in this match are really skewed as well, MK won't kill Wolf until 135 with dsmash whereas Wolf's own kills MK at 105. Offstage is really where it gets bad. Once Wolf's second jump is gone, his stock is too.

Dair camping doesn't work well either. Wolf can wait for MK to hit his shield with a dair and then quickly jump up and fair MK for a solid 15ish damage (and kill at 115 or so). His fair also flat out beats MK's dair horizontally, which is cool. Wolf's aerials are dangerous enough that he can make it semi-difficult for MK to land safely.

Summary:

Wolf's advantages:
Good against tornado while grounded
Forces MK to approach
High damage output and good kill power
Good vs. dair camping

MK's advantages:
***** Wolf offstage
Easy juggles
Good at poking Wolf's shield due to average out of shield options on the ground
Tornado is still good once Wolf's in it

Sonic- He's amazing against tornado. No matter where you land, Sonic can get there in an instant and use his high-damage grabs (uthrow is 12 with good followups). If he's in the air and MK initiates tornado, Sonic can drop a spring through the top, dair through it, or (harder) nair/bair through it. Fsmash also straight up beats it, and due to MK taking increased knockback while inside the tornado, that isn't good. Spin Dash is a great punisher against tornado as well, and lets Sonic close the distance between himself and Meta Knight easier. He's another character that dair camping is kinda useless against, he can fair or uair it easily.

Fsmash's deceptive range and lack of lag make it very useful against MK. One incorrect spot dodge can make you eat a charged "GO!" punch. If it hits your shield (excluding powershield), you have to be quite quick with your shield drop to dash grab to actually punish him. The move ends very quickly and has good shield stun/knockback. Sonic is also hard to edgeguard due to the massive invincibility on his up B and his various spin dash tricks.

Summary:

Sonic's advantages:
Great against tornado in so many ways
Safe-ish and strong kill move
Solid approach
Solid counter to dair camping

MK's advantages:
Good at poking the shield up close (see the pattern?)
More reliable killing
Punishes Sonic's mistakes hard (powershielded spin dash = nair :()
Tornado shieldpokes Sonic's spikes very easily

OverLade

Smash Hero
I've never played a good Sonic, but you should never have to spot dodge in this matchup. If you play safe enough he shouldn't be able to kill you.

Wolf is actually rather irritating to fight, but if you DI wolfs Dsmash it probably wont kill you till 125%ish if it's fresh. I think a lot of people underestimate how well wolf does in this matchup. I've never seen or played a wolf that knows how to accordingly cancel their side B, but that would probably make punishing his recovery more difficult. I wish there were a few videos of this matchup at the highest level.

Max Ketchum

Center stage, you're not living past 110 (getting hit at 110, that is) unless it's on a large stage like FD. Wolf is really strong.

The only times I'd spot dodge against Sonic would be after landing with a tornado to try avoiding a grab, or if I'm holding shield in front of him charging fsmash and it's just the amount of time for him to release the fsmash during my invincibility (makes it way easier to punish than doing it out of shield).

TKD

Smash Lord
lucas is gay at recovery,gay with aerials,completely shuts down nado,super gay with dair to jab locks to smashes...im not saying he wins,but lucas can hold his own:embarrass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOBdTJFhg
Did you watch the 3 matches? it doesn't look like 6/4 AT ALL. It's not a close match-up, at least not right now.

How do you guys feel on the Pikachu matchup? Is pika's 0-52 chaingrab real or not? Because anther never seems to use it.
It's 10-50%+. It can start at 10. At 0~9% MK can nair or footstool before Pikachu can grab again. It can start as late as 14 I think. It's a small window. Pikachu can finish the chain with a buffered full hop Nair. If it's short-hopped, MK can footstool out before it connects. I've tested it.

TKD, when have you been exposed to top level gameplay? Mexico is not a strong region as far as I know, and I haven't seen you in SoCal results for a long time. Also, SoCal lacks the top players of all the characters you listed except Wario... EC has the best DDDs, Sonics, ROBs, DKs and Kirbies, the best Toon Link, PT and Yoshi, and top Lucarios/Ikes. Also, videos are not recorded all the time and don't tell the entirety of a matchup. I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm asking a serious question.
Most of the ratios aren't from my personal experience. If I actually went to the U.S., you'd see me in the results. I'm gonna apply a new no sandbagging policy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pretty much agreed with Doom's list although I think vs Pikachu is only slightly in MKs favour. Other than that it looks spot-on.

:059:

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK outcamps Pikachu. And after that Pikachu doens't have any reliable way to kill. Watch the M2K vs. Anther match 5, and the newer friendlies they've had. Pika doens't have any options once you figure him out, he's like a less gay version of falco.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Termina = Doom?

lol at people agreeing that DK is "AWFUL" against MK. That is so much bs. From what I can see DK is one of the 5 worst characters against MK (on your list)... yeah, sure.. o_o"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK outcamps Pikachu. And after that Pikachu doens't have any reliable way to kill. Watch the M2K vs. Anther match 5, and the newer friendlies they've had. Pika doens't have any options once you figure him out, he's like a less gay version of falco.
Are you serious?

Pikachu outlives Falco by a HUGE margin. Do you know that Pikachu has some of the best tools for momentum cancel - a super quick uair and side B to get back asap? Pikachu might be light but he can still survive to pretty high %. Certainly higher than Falco (and also MK) does. Pikachu has a really good recovery and is more or less immune to CP gayness because he has no inherently bad stage. That alone is much better than merley a "less gay version of Falco".

I watched Pikachu vs Anther and saw really close matches and an overall set that was close to even despite the fact that M2K is the best player. That confirms what I have said, not you.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Snake- Dead even
MK wins by a decent margin IMO, I don't consider Snake to be MK's worst (non-MK) MU either, I think at the very least Diddy and IC's are better off.

Marth- Slight to decent MK advantage
MK ***** Marth, it's not slight at all.

Ness- Small advantage
Doesn't MK have a small step grab release on Ness? Regardless I don't think it's very close, he just has gimmicks you need to be aware of...Lucas has a much better matchup unfamiliarity shock factor in his favor though.

Yoshi- Small advantage, maybe close to even
Samus- Small advantage, SUPER SUPER SUPER stage dependent
Need more Yoshi exp but I'm pretty sure it's not even, I think MK destroys Samus, maybe stage dependent but I don't think she's good enough against you on any neutral for it to matter.

Ganondorf- 0/100 Ganon's favor
Only if you dare bring light to his lair.

edit:

Pikachu outlives Falco by a HUGE margin. Do you know that Pikachu has some of the best tools for momentum cancel - a super quick uair and side B to get back asap? Pikachu might be light but he can still survive to pretty high %. Certainly higher than Falco (and also MK) does. Pikachu has a really good recovery and is more or less immune to CP gayness because he has no inherently bad stage. That alone is much better than merley a "less gay version of Falco".
Pikachu surviving your KO moves like 20% later than you thought he should is gay, but he still loses.

I watched Pikachu vs Anther and saw really close matches and an overall set that was close to even despite the fact that M2K is the best player. That confirms what I have said, not you.
Anther probably knows the matchup way way better than him, pure overall skill isn't the only factor to consider when trying to judge why games unfold the way they do.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Are you serious?

Your logic is horrible. Pikachu doens't live that much longer than falco if any longer, and that doesn't determine matchups anyway. DK can live up to 190% every stock and still get 3 stocked.

Falco is harder to fight than Pikachu which is why he does better.

And you're an idiot if you're judging matchups off of one video set. M2K chooses to play aggressive because he enjoys it, not because it works.

The only match that's important in the set is match 5, where M2K actually plays the matchup as gay as he should. You can also go watch more recent friendlies of them playing. Anther gets *****. Pikachu can't force MK to approach, his projectile is too slow. Trying to base a matchup off of one set is ********.

Falco on the other hand can't force MK to approach, and if MK air planks, it puts him in a position with less favorable reward than Falco. So Falco does FAR better than Pikachu in this matchup.

Max Ketchum

MK wins by a decent margin IMO, I don't consider Snake to be MK's worst (non-MK) MU either, I think at the very least Diddy and IC's are better off.
No way. Snake, Diddy and the ICs all do equally well against MK, imo. I'd say Snake beats MK onstage. Forces him to approach, deals massive damage upon approaching (solid guaranteed 12 for a grab + high chance of followups, 21 if you get ftilted), outlives MK greatly (obviously excluding gimps. 5 ftilts + grenade = kill percents for MK). The only times Snake really suffers are when he's offstage, when he's on the edge, and when MK has him above him. Getting juggled can be avoided by smart use of B-reversal grenades, conservative air dodging, and fast falling back air (Ally does this consistently through rapid uairs). Utilt rips right through tornado.

Snake's sheer amount of damage and weight, as well as his projectile and techchasing, are definitely enough to put this matchup at even.

MK ***** Marth, it's not slight at all.
My "slight" is about a 55/45 or 60/40, if you went by regular numbers. I think the worst MK can beat Marth is 60/40. NEO, when he plays, beats the top MKs in his region. MikeHAZE always does very well against Mew2King and the other various MKs in his region. Tournament results indicate that this matchup isn't as awful as theorycraft would suggest. Once somebody decides to show that this match really is terrible, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Doesn't MK have a small step grab release on Ness? Regardless I don't think it's very close, he just has gimmicks you need to be aware of...Lucas has a much better matchup unfamiliarity shock factor in his favor though.
If there is a grab release, it's a dash grab like on Lucas. Unfamiliarity shock isn't the advantage here. Again, if I had to put a number on this matchup, I'd say 60/40. Ness can stop dair camping, is floaty enough not to get wrecked by tornado (react to it being used as a landing trap and then drop a nair through it), kills MK at very nice percents via grab (and don't say he has no other kill options, uair and bair are awesome), and has the super awesome dash attack and fair.

Ness is also surprisingly heavy (just under Mario's weight) and doesn't have as much trouble recovering as you'd think. The PK Thunder (er...bullet?) travels very quickly, and MK has to be fast about hitting him before it connects. His second jump is also monstrous, and will often get him back to the stage on its own. Adding to the PK Thunder bit...due to MK's purely transcended priority, he can't outprioritize PK Thunder from the air. Ness can up throw MK and continue juggling him for a solid two or three hits due to the nature of the move. If he air dodges, Ness can redirect it right at him and hit him. This **** gets annoying. <_<

Need more Yoshi exp but I'm pretty sure it's not even, I think MK destroys Samus, maybe stage dependent but I don't think she's good enough against you on any neutral for it to matter.
Yoshi's GAY. Eggs are obnoxious and beat tornado (as well as any other move MK has due to transcendent-ness), so you're forced to powershield them (which can be difficult, their hitbox is quite deceiving). If one does hit your shield, it takes away a pretty solid chunk of it. Once you get closer, Yoshi's gonna start pivot grabbing everything. This removes tornado and dash attack as approaches. Oh yeah, you also can't poke his shield with tornado, which is annoying.

His spot dodge is at the level of Falco's, and he's much better at recovering than you'd think. Super armor on the second jump + air dodging/uair to avoid footstools = annoying. He's still gimpable, it's just not an auto-gimp like you'd expect. If you force Yoshi into his shield, it's a free hit, but don't count on it. He also lives like, forever, and has a guaranteed kill setup on you from a grab. There's also that annoying chaingrab crap which only tacks on like 10 damage or so, but it puts MK in a bad position (off the stage or on the edge). If Yoshi isn't running away and camping the whole game, though, he's going to lose.

I have more Samus experience than anybody else in the world. This matchup is not that bad. Also, if you're talking neutrals, Samus does EXCELLENT on FD. Samus beats MK at long and mid range, where she has projectiles and zair and he has absolutely nothing. MK obviously wins up close, that's not worth debating. She can avoid juggles with bombs (yes, bombs), and can be tricky to edgeguard due to her up B's big hitboxes and invincibility. She can also tether the edge as another recovery option.

Samus has some pretty cool 2-3 hit combos involving fast falled uairs and fairs into other moves (up B, jab, dsmash, dtilt, ftilt, etc.) that solidly rack up damage. Up B out of shield helps tremendously if her shield is being pressured. Dtilt will kill MK at around 135, fsmash and dsmash close to that as well. She also survives reasonably well due to being the 7th heaviest character in the game.

This matchup is really hard to explain on paper. Once you're actually playing it, you'll notice what I'm talking about.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just watched that Anther vs M2K set.

I'm proud of M2K. He's my new best friend. lol

Nic64

Smash Lord
I just lost some huge *** write up I made because I'm bored and have no life so this lazy **** is all you get

I'd say Snake beats MK onstage.
How? He's outranged, has slower attacks both for start up and lag, is less mobile, and has a projectile that doesn't really stop you from approaching. Once he gets hit he just gets put in bad situation after bad situation where he has little to no options.

Forces him to approach
Only useful if you can stop approaches consistently, he also has pretty sizeable blind zones where he can't safely pull nades nor is he close enough to do anything else MK can't stop on reaction.

deals massive damage upon approaching (solid guaranteed 12 for a grab + high chance of followups, 21 if you get ftilted)
Grabs for Snake are usually a result of MK's errors, you outrange his grab pretty solidly, his ftilt1 too for that matter. MK also has much safer attacks, if you bait Snake into whiffing an attack or putting something on your shield, he's screwed.

The only times Snake really suffers are when he's offstage, when he's on the edge, and when MK has him above him.
So basically he only suffers in every situation except neutral, tech chase, and edge traps, lmao.

My "slight" is about a 55/45 or 60/40, if you went by regular numbers. I think the worst MK can beat Marth is 60/40. NEO, when he plays, beats the top MKs in his region. MikeHAZE always does very well against Mew2King and the other various MKs in his region. Tournament results indicate that this matchup isn't as awful as theorycraft would suggest. Once somebody decides to show that this match really is terrible, I'd be more inclined to believe it.
I think both of them would tell you exactly what I did, they have to work a lot harder at the matchup than an MK does.

Samus does EXCELLENT on FD.
First stage most MK's will ban and it's still not like she wins or anything.

Samus beats MK at long and mid range, where she has projectiles and zair and he has absolutely nothing.
He has running away, her projectiles aren't exactly hard to see coming.

She can avoid juggles with bombs (yes, bombs)
From the air, I've found I've had pretty good success just walking around and covering landing options, forcing her to the ledge if she doesn't want to get hit, which isn't much better.

and can be tricky to edgeguard due to her up B's big hitboxes and invincibility.
Depends on where you get to her, she's so slow in the air and floaty that you can frequently attack her while it's extremely impractical or outright stupid to use screw attack.

Up B out of shield helps tremendously if her shield is being pressured.
It's also very very risky and very costly if it misses.

Max Ketchum

How? He's outranged, has slower attacks both for start up and lag, is less mobile, and has a projectile that doesn't really stop you from approaching. Once he gets hit he just gets put in bad situation after bad situation where he has little to no options.
He's outranged by ftilt, fsmash, and dsmash. Fsmash is slow to start and can obviously be punished on reaction. You can guess for ftilt and shield -> punish it easily, same goes for dsmash.

Only useful if you can stop approaches consistently, he also has pretty sizeable blind zones where he can't safely pull nades nor is he close enough to do anything else MK can't stop on reaction.
What? MK can stop ftilt and grab on reaction? Once MK is moving towards Snake, it comes down to rock paper scissors. MK can approach and: dsmash, ftilt, fair (covered by shield), dash attack, running shield (covered by grab), spot dodge or dash grab (covered by ftilt). Snake's pivot grab is also amazing, and beats dash grab/dash attack.

Grabs for Snake are usually a result of MK's errors, you outrange his grab pretty solidly, his ftilt1 too for that matter. MK also has much safer attacks, if you bait Snake into whiffing an attack or putting something on your shield, he's screwed.
So you're saying that MK is going to remain safe from Snake's grab unless he messes up? <_<

If Snake baits MK into dsmashing or ftilting his shield, or tornadoing in certain positions, MK eats a large amount of damage, and possibly kill moves.

So basically he only suffers in every situation except neutral, tech chase, and edge traps, lmao.
No...he suffers offstage, on the edge, and while above MK. Neutral, tech chase, edgeguarding, close combat (even), while MK is moving towards him, and when MK is above him are all good situations for Snake.

I think both of them would tell you exactly what I did, they have to work a lot harder at the matchup than an MK does.
Having to work harder makes the matchup more difficult on the player mentally, but not actually a worse matchup.

First stage most MK's will ban and it's still not like she wins or anything.
Halberd and PS1 are also good. Battlefield and Smashville don't provide MK with any unfair advantages against Samus either.

He has running away, her projectiles aren't exactly hard to see coming.
What is running away going to do if Samus has the lead (or it's tied)? You have to come in. If you powershield everything she throws at you, she can dash grab or pivot grab you once you're close.

From the air, I've found I've had pretty good success just walking around and covering landing options, forcing her to the ledge if she doesn't want to get hit, which isn't much better.
Samus has a very powerful ledge game if she's good at mixing up. Bombs give her versatility in landing because they drop a hitbox below her and increase her mobility. FF fair and dair allow her to land in some situations. Naturally, being above MK is still bad for her.

Depends on where you get to her, she's so slow in the air and floaty that you can frequently attack her while it's extremely impractical or outright stupid to use screw attack.
If Samus is recovering low, she's kinda ****ed. If she's level with the stage or above it, she has no problems getting back.

It's also very very risky and very costly if it misses.
So why would she use it when it's not guaranteed to hit? Also, what huge damage punisher is MK going to use on her? 19 is the largest output he can give in a single move (barring double hit dsmash and full tornado).

Also, I'm very well-versed in this matchup. I frequently play with the best Samus on the East Coast and possibly the entire nation. Both Rhyme and I agree that Samus vs. MK is not an awful matchup.

Nic64

Smash Lord
He's outranged by ftilt, fsmash, and dsmash. Fsmash is slow to start and can obviously be punished on reaction. You can guess for ftilt and shield -> punish it easily, same goes for dsmash.
Dtilt too. Tornado also will give Snake spacing issues if he doesn't ***** grenades 24/7, which makes him predictable as ****

What? MK can stop ftilt and grab on reaction?
Considering that Snake has to walk up to him from beyond his range to do it, yes.

Once MK is moving towards Snake, it comes down to rock paper scissors. MK can approach and: dsmash, ftilt, fair (covered by shield), dash attack, running shield (covered by grab), spot dodge or dash grab (covered by ftilt).
He can also shuttle loop, tornado, dair, dtilt or nair as practical options depending on what Snake does. And running shield is only covered by grab if you mispace or if Snake calls you on it, if you space out of his immediate grab range he's not going to get to you unless he predicted it and did a dash grab, which is a horrible option against everything else you could have done.

So you're saying that MK is going to remain safe from Snake's grab unless he messes up? <_<
More often than most other characters, he has some of the safest attacks on shield and he can run in and punish so well, a lot of the time he doesn't have to attack Snake when Snake is able to do anything, and he can spend a lot of his time above Snake's grab range anyway.

Having to work harder makes the matchup more difficult on the player mentally, but not actually a worse matchup.
That's not at all what I meant, to have any chance at success, a Marth player has to know the MK matchup in and out, MK can get away with winning without even playing the matchup optimally(see M2K vs MikeHaze). Marth has to work harder as in he needs to be mored well informed and more practiced in the matchup to even be competitive, it's completely borked in MK's favor.

Max Ketchum

Snake's ftilt beats dtilt

Snake can shield the entire tornado and easily punish with dash attack/DACUS (or just utilt if he sees him coming near)

Snake does not have to walk forward to ftilt MK, he can stand in place and immediately ftilt2 for increased range or shield MK's attack

Shuttle Loop gets utilted on the way down, or dash attacked if you did the early cancel

Dair and nair get utilted

Dtilt loses to ftilt

Are you suggesting he dair camps? Snake can jump up and nair, stay grounded and utilt/usmash, or throw grenades up at MK. Dair camping doesn't work on Snake.

Obviously Marth has to know the MK matchup if he hopes to win...we're not going to go into a matchup discussion assuming anything else.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Snake can shield the entire tornado and easily punish with dash attack/DACUS (or just utilt if he sees him coming near)
He can't always shield it and you can bait utilt, MK is very mobile during tornado. It's also not that easy to punish if he auto cancels it.

Snake does not have to walk forward to ftilt MK, he can stand in place and immediately ftilt2 for increased range or shield MK's attack
MK outranges Snake and has great ability to move in quickly, if he's standing around in Snake's ftilt zone HE'S DOING IT WRONG. ftilt2 is horribly telegraphed and bad on the shield and isn't practical at all.

Shuttle Loop gets utilted on the way down, or dash attacked if you did the early cancel
Why is MK shuttle looping Snake's shield for no reason? I use it just when I notice a late nade pull, does 22% to Snake if both are fresh and 34% if you can string in a glide attack at low %

Dair and nair get utilted
Again only answers to specific Snake actions

Are you suggesting he dair camps? Snake can jump up and nair, stay grounded and utilt/usmash, or throw grenades up at MK. Dair camping doesn't work on Snake.
Nair loses to MK aerials and MK can uair him inbetween the kicks anyway, it doesn't work. utilt doesn't have the upward range to get him most of the time, and usmash is so slow that MK can dive in and attack before its out most of the time.

like seriously the whole "Snake beats MK" theory seems to revolve around the idea that all MK players are ********

Max Ketchum

He can't always shield it and you can bait utilt, MK is very mobile during tornado. It's also not that easy to punish if he auto cancels it.
So then he's just resetting it to neutral, where MK is disadvantaged.

MK outranges Snake and has great ability to move in quickly, if he's standing around in Snake's ftilt zone HE'S DOING IT WRONG. ftilt2 is horribly telegraphed and bad on the shield and isn't practical at all.
How is he doing it wrong when the margin that MK outranges him is so incredibly slight? Why is MK shielding if he's supposedly ftilting Snake to beat his range?

Why is MK shuttle looping Snake's shield for no reason? I use it just when I notice a late nade pull, does 22% to Snake if both are fresh and 34% if you can string in a glide attack at low %
Why is Snake leaving himself blatanly open to get Shuttle Looped? lol...

Again only answers to specific Snake actions
Not exactly sure what you mean by this.

Nair loses to MK aerials and MK can uair him inbetween the kicks anyway, it doesn't work. utilt doesn't have the upward range to get him most of the time, and usmash is so slow that MK can dive in and attack before its out most of the time.
It doesn't matter if it loses to MK's aerials...if MK hits Snake's shield with a dair (or misses one in the air), he can get naired. It's not like there's enough time for him to do another move to counter it. MK uairing between the kicks is a rarity anyway, but obviously it's possible.

like seriously the whole "Snake beats MK" theory seems to revolve around the idea that all MK players are ********
1. I didn't say Snake beat MK
2. Actually it seems to revolve around hard evidence like Ally constantly beating top MKs including the best one in the world, rather than theorycraft like this involving range differences that are the matter of a few pixels.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
He's outranged by ftilt, fsmash, and dsmash AND DTILT. Fsmash is slow to start and can obviously be punished on reaction. You can guess for ftilt and shield -> punish it easily, same goes for dsmash.

*Fixed, dtilt is very important because it outranges everything and is very very safe.

Snake's ftilt beats dtilt
Dtilt's IASA frames mean that he'll be able to shield prior to Snake's ftilt 2 coming out when perfectly space (ftilt 1 moves back snake's foot hitbox so he's not hit).

So no, properly spaced dtilt wins against ftilt.

Ftilt 2 can be reacted to and is punishable, snake should not do it.

Dtilt loses to ftilt
No.

How is he doing it wrong when the margin that MK outranges him is so incredibly slight?
Space better.

1. I didn't say Snake beat MK
2. Actually it seems to revolve around hard evidence like Ally constantly beating top MKs including the best one in the world, rather than theorycraft like this involving range differences that are the matter of a few pixels.

So the difference between Marth's fair and luigi's fair is "just a few pixels"?

A few pixels is the difference between getting hit or not getting hit, spacing WINS GAMES.

Ally is better then most MKs, those are just the facts, ergo, he beats them.

Edit: Just disagreeing with a few points, I'm not suggesting anything about the overall match-up.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Outspacing Ftilt with Dtilt is impractical against a good snake. You forget that good snakes can space as well. Ftilt works much better, and if he shields Ftilt, he can't punish you as long as you slow it up properly.

I think on the ground MK vs. Snake is pretty even, rock paper scissors type mix up, unless MK gets grabbed, then it's in snakes favor.

Max Ketchum

No at Marth/Luigi's fair, but the difference between Snake's ftilt and MK's ftilt really is so god **** minimal that in actual gameplay, it does not make a difference. The range difference is not noticeable enough that MK can sit at max ftilt range and poke away at Snake's shield without getting punished. Snake CAN ftilt him. In a real match, even at the highest level, things are not slowed down to frame perfection. No matter how well you space, something THAT slight will not be the deciding factor in 9/10 situations.

Also, dtilt DOES NOT beat Snake's ftilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom