• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pivot grab Wario out of the air.
Close... Close my friend.

You have to pivot grab Wario out of the air, after his second jump, before he lands. So if he airdodges near the ground and you catch him in the landing lag, he is still safe.

This of course isn't including grabbing Wario on slopes or over edges.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i need help dealing with warios that know how to space their aerials, i always find myself stuck in my sheild and im unable to punish them since they di away from me, i guess my problem is that im too used to waiting in my sheild and punishing and since i dont have that luxury vs wario im having troubles, can you even do an aerial oos in time to get him before he di's away?

should i be playing more aggresively? i need help figuring how to punish the unpunishable :S

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I have the same problems Toronto Joe does. I also get shield grabbed a lot... Is that because Wario has a good grab range? I try to remedy that by retreating air movies, but I still get caught by the grab.

Also, is Wario's auto canceled dair into grab/fsmash/jab/etc inescapable? That is, assuming I shielded the dair. That chain of moves seems to catch me every time. I try to shield grab, but I get hit first. It could just be bad timing on my part, but if it's not something I can escape, I'd like to know :-p

-Tuen

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bad timing on your part, except for if he spotdodges. If he autocancels it very well, he can actually spotdodge before you can counter with grab, I dunno about Ftilt or Dtilt but I think he has enough time there too.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You can't sh dair/nair him either, dair has a crazy shield advantage when autocanceled right.

Be proactive not reactive. brick wall with sh double upair, if he airdodges past ftilt. rinse and repeat.

Hype

Smash Lord
You can't sh dair/nair him either, dair has a crazy shield advantage when autocanceled right.

Be proactive not reactive. brick wall with sh double upair, if he airdodges past ftilt. rinse and repeat.
For some reason I find that easier said than done. I try it and it works, but as soon as my camp is broken I take so much damage so fast.

What do you guys think about camping under/slightly behind platforms? I've been trying this lately.

Also, how do you effectively use tornado in this match up.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
When I am matching up with MK, I rarely approach. I just keep camping with my aerials. It's a win win situation for me, because Wario got no range, so I don't approach, but MK has to chase me because my Down B. Once MK is around 80%, I will rush in and Uair, or random Fsmash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tornado is not very useful in this matchup, Wario can Dair you out of it, he can Ftilt (will take a bit of prediction/space though), and after the Tornado is done if you are too close he can usually punish you pretty hard for it. Tornado is relatively safe, only if you can force him to shield, which is fairly hard to do.

Popertop

Smash Champion
For some reason I find that easier said than done. I try it and it works, but as soon as my camp is broken I take so much damage so fast.

What do you guys think about camping under/slightly behind platforms? I've been trying this lately.

Also, how do you effectively use tornado in this match up.
that platform trick works.

you wanna tornado when he's out of a second jump and after he starts his airdodge.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Tornado is not very useful in this matchup, Wario can Dair you out of it, he can Ftilt (will take a bit of prediction/space though), and after the Tornado is done if you are too close he can usually punish you pretty hard for it. Tornado is relatively safe, only if you can force him to shield, which is fairly hard to do.
If you watch my match against reflex, he wasnt easily able to dair me out of it (I simply moved it so the edges would beat out his dair). Wario's best bet is probably to fastfall and airdodge and punish the landing lag.

But if you get Wario with nado after his second jump he can't escape is, so I think fastfall airdodge is the best option depending on how high up the nado is.

And Wario can Fsmash/Ftilt through nado, it's extremely gay and makes you not want to use it at all. :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair will beat it out most of the time, however if Wario fast falls it onto MK it decreases his chance of hitting MK since he's traveling faster at the tornado.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Playing against Wario is just hell. Having to run away from his aerials and avoiding the fart is like playing two games in one.

Remember, try to get the stock lead early on before 1 minutes passes!

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
I did it against Fiction. >:]

Actually, I mean to say that you should kill him before a minute and a half (1:30) passes. That's when it's most effective (Even if you kill him, the waft is still saved)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Killing Wario before a minute and a half passes? Hella hard lol.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm going to pretend that this is still the 4th week of discussion. I've been too busy to write up summaries for the other match-ups.

Anyone want to volunteer to write up summaries on the match-ups that have been discussed? If you are, get a hold of me ASAP.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Man, this is awesome. Now I can pick up Meta Knight and will never have to worry about a single bad match up on any stage. Amazing.
Just because your arguments in the Should MK be Banned thread failed horribly and the pro-ban side is dead doesn't mean you can troll here. Find something better to do.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Just because your arguments in the Should MK be Banned thread failed horribly and the pro-ban side is dead doesn't mean you can troll here. Find something better to do.
Steel2nd said:
Dear Prince Of Fire,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Trolling
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]7528684[/post]
Man, this is awesome. Now I can pick up Meta Knight and will never have to worry about a single bad match up on any stage. Amazing.
All the best,
Smash World Forums

Good stuff Smashboards. That's the funniest infraction ever. Did nothing wrong. I just made fun of people who use MK because a good 80% of the people who use him will get absolutely destroyed if they chose any other character in the game. If the Pro ban MK side is "dead" than why every poll has the pro ban side won? Just answer that for me? Thanks.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If the Pro ban MK side is "dead" than why every poll has the pro ban side won? Just answer that for me? Thanks.
There's a Not Sure option. Also, the majority of the people that voted did before the Pro-ban side even started dying.

If you want to continue this conversation, PM me. I don't want it to continue in this thread.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
lol at P.O.F. I played him a few days ago on wifi and three-stocked him continuously so he had to vent his anger over here.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm going to pretend that this is still the 4th week of discussion. I've been too busy to write up summaries for the other match-ups.

Anyone want to volunteer to write up summaries on the match-ups that have been discussed? If you are, get a hold of me ASAP.
Anyone ??

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll make a summary:

Wario vs MK

First thing to understand: Playing aggressive vs Wario is a recipe for failure. We have well documented cases of MK players thinking they can beat Wario in his face with speed, and then they get shield grabbed 50 times in a row and die. As boring as you may think it is, the best strategy vs Wario is to play the waiting game. Your goal should be to use your range to force Wario to approach as Unsafely as he can. He only has two choices, he can either take a risk and approach you, or he can wait for another opening. If he is down % wise, he's eventually gonna have to approach you, and under the stress he might make bigger than expected mistakes for you to capitalize on.

If Wario gets the lead and wants to play a keep away game, don't bother too much chasing him in the air. MK's strong in the air, but he moves slooooooow compared to Wario. Try to focus on where Wario will most likely land, and try to strike him with something relatively safe.

Wario can't compete much on the ground with MK, just using Ftilt, Dtilt, and Fsmash to zone him. Knowing this, he knows his best option to approach is to come in from the air, and then land close to you to get a grab/Fsmash off. Occasionally he will Dair you, but it's fairly unsafe compared to airdodging into MK.

First match, take him to either FD or Smashville. Battlefield is ok, but I think it might be the worst neutral for MK when it comes to facing Wario.

As for counter picks, pick something that is a safe bet, like Delfino, Possibly Frigate, (if you play gay enough, Brinstar is for you too), and Rainbow Cruise is a MAYBE due to the fact Wario can also abuse that stage pretty bad.

noodles

Smash Champion
yeah i found out about that. i also read somewhere that m2k almost lost to one also.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Malcolm took a game off M2K. I dont know the exact details of it though...

And OS' MK sucks. >_>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sonic sucks, don't let him bait you.

Also someone tell Affinity to post my summary up there. I'm lazy and don't want to PM him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom