• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
haha what a bunch of sore losers, you can't beat m2k, so yeah just ban him.

brawl is a terrible game, the community is even more terrible.

D

Deleted member

They're cool and all, but it's still really ****ing weird that you do them.
That's the one he made for me, actually. It's sitting on my desk.

But yeah, unless it's MK ban bead art (would be interesting to see), let's stay on topic.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Big old MK with the 1990's sharp red "no smoking" circle around him

Flayl

Smash Hero
He's 6 votes away from being wrong, you mean (as of this post there are 28 votes against)

edit: oops i did a math booboo

Flayl

Smash Hero
Did you even read the entire blog?
DeLux said "roughly" 70-30 among people that voted.

So when do you draw the line for roughly? It makes sense to draw it at the supermajority - 67:33 votes.

So if DeLux is wrong in a meaningful way there must be at least 34 votes against. It honestly looks like it might be reached too. The point of my first sentence is that even if there isn't a super majority, that doesn't make DeLux a liar.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
DeLux said "roughly" 70-30 among people that voted.

So when do you draw the line for roughly? It makes sense to draw it at the supermajority - 67:33 votes.

So if DeLux is wrong in a meaningful way there must be at least 34 votes against. It honestly looks like it might be reached too. The point of my first sentence is that even if there isn't a super majority, that doesn't make DeLux a liar.
I only said that because there are still 31 players left which means that it could still go higher than 70. Anything passed 70 (75 would be great) would prove him wrong

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My prediction in regards to the tier list with Meta Knight gone...

*Characters are not ordered within their individual tiers*

S TIER:
Diddy Kong
Snake
Falco
Marth

A TIER:
Wario
Ice Climbers
Olimar

B TIER:
Toon Link
Peach

EDIT: **** that, I can't decide. It feels like all of those characters are viable now but I have no idea in regards to the order :/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Thems some damn expensive commissions
Given the time and materials it takes to make them, not really. That mewtwo is a foot tall.

That's what I would get too.

OS you really want $25?

Maybe

:phone:
For that one, yeah. Smaller ones cost less, bigger ones cost more. You can PM me a sprite and I can give you an estimate, or you can look through the bead art album I posted earlier and see what I've already made.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai and his team seriously needs to take a better look at balance this time around and improve them considerably. The fact that Meta-Knight had to be banned from Unity tournaments shows the unbalance Brawl had.

I am very much hoping he takes a good look at this and nerfs MK a lot for SSB4.

JTsm

Smash Master
Sakurai and his team seriously needs to take a better look at balance this time around and improve them considerably. The fact that Meta-Knight had to be banned from Unity tournaments shows the unbalance Brawl had.

I am very much hoping he takes a good look at this and nerfs MK a lot for SSB4.
The fact that he did not want to make Brawl a competitive fighting game shows that he does not care on how balanced the roster is. It's a party game made with random fun and sillyness.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the fact that sakurai balanced the game himself shows he wanted it to be somewhat balanced

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Except the part where Sakurai said he'd be much more hands off with the next game and already was fairly hands off for brawl. The only games in the series Sakurai actually physically worked on to any significant extent were 64 and Melee.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
A couple things:

1. People have changed how they voted based on how they answered our poll and then based on how they answered publicly. They are more than entitled to do that, but I can already show 4 people that have done that for sure just glancing at the list.

2.. I will reiterate when I said that the list from OUR poll was between 66-75% voting for the ban, 18-33% against the ban, with between 20-35% non participation depending on which check at 10/20/50/75/100.

3. People that did not vote in our poll are also voting in the AIB poll.

Officially speaking:

Top 10: 7 for - 2 against - 1 non voting
Top 20: 12 for - 5 against - 3 non voting
Top 30: 14 for - 7 against - 9 not voting
Top 50: 24 for - 10 against - 16 not voting

I need to get my notes for top 75/100/150/200 because I did those on my work computer. I am at home atm and won't be at work until Saturday.

However, I remember getting through top 100 with something like: 48 for - 20 against - 32 not voting, but those numbers might be off by 2/3 because that's from memory.

In the meantime, I'll request a member of staff to double check the validity of my claims as well if it feels warranted redoing the top 75/100/150/200 points of data.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay misguided ones.

The only game that Sakurai specifically stated he made for the competitive scene fighting games were going (at that time), was melee.

NNID
MasterHavik
I find your approach of competitiveness right but restrictive, my vision of a videogame considered as competitive aka playing to win, is using ALL the options available to win , no matter what their number are. I find the competitiveness to become artificial, every attempt to force me or less options, and I personally dislike it, but that is just my opinion

That said, for decisions like these, LGL or MK ban, it would be cool for history purposes to see the internal cooking it took to decide rules like these , for example the first post(s) from Alphazealot in this thread providing more detail info as to WHY Metaknight got banned, as in actual argument and conclusions, instead of leaving all that inside URC/BBR and making it look like a popularity contest on who wants to ban MK and who doesn't within a group of TOs
which deep down inside we all know is because people are salty about MK winning too much since the only argument I've seen so far is that he is broken because he wins all the nationals, and he makes players worry about only one MU and slows down the metagame from evolving

same goes with LGL, assuming the ban is taking by your way of seeing what makes the game less competitive, is there any thread here in the Brawl section that provides CharacterxCharacter chart mentioning which character has the most options against which character's planking , therefore , LGL?

if yes, link me to it, because doing it in any other way isn't accurate and does lead to double standards as Grim said, since some people will see options where other people don't and this is exactly what you guys have been arguing about for the past few pages

What else can be done except theorycraft? experiences from players about planking?
Well, take a chance to compare MetaKnight to Kung Lao(MK9), Sagat (SF4 Vanilla), twins/Feilong( SF4 AE), Dark Phoenix( MvC3) and Yun/Chun(3s). While the others compared to him are beatable, it pretty much tells the FGC this," Hey, why play some character with limited options when you can play a character with everything." I mean besides Metaknight winning all the nationals and everything. He did slow down the Metagame of Brawl, if everyone only feels that playing Metaknight is the only way to go home a happy man or woman. I mean, if you're winning with MetaKnight of any other top tier. Why push the game forward?

In the end, I'm happy this ******* is gone. It's going to become MK9 minus the blood and gore. Every character in that game can own you. And Brawl will turn into that game in a way.( *cough* Ganon*cough*).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom