• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
It usually rarely occurs because
1. Most people who place high use characters who don't need secondaries.
2. Most people who are good with that character won't be losing to someones secondary.
Ally, Anti, Atomsk, Esam, Vinnie, the list just goes on man, what were you thinking with that post?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It usually rarely occurs because
1. Most people who place high use characters who don't need secondaries.
2. Most people who are good with that character won't be losing to someones secondary.
1. Ally
2. People lose to Ally's Wario/IC/whatever

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MK is "banned" in all those scenarios I presented. He's more "banned" in the one where you can't pick random at all than he is in the way you said it would be handled, which demonstrates why the word "banned" is not cutting it here.
mk being banned means hes not permitted to be used.....period. you cannot slip/slide your way around it. mk banned means mk is banned. i would say it in another language but since u dont get in in ENGLISH i doubt it would do any good.

Chuee

Smash Hero
1. wrong.
2. wrong.

next?
We banned MK because he constantly occupied top 8 spots at nationals.
You say diddy won't do the same because he can be character CPed.
Please tell me you don't think that any diddy player who is good enough to place top 8 at a national is going to lose to someones secondary (not just snake).

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You all ****ing suck at this game, Alpha Zealot is a ****** with such a *****ty ruleset. WC is smart they don't use that garbage. MK being banned is dumb, you guys lack the ability to learn a matchup after 3 years. All of you should just quit this ****ing game, and it's not like the people who constantly place 17th are gonna get any higher because MK is banned. Regardless of MK, you suck at this game, and you getting spoonfed a character ban isn't gonna make you any better. I am horridly disappointed in this terrible community, no wonder all of the Melee people laugh at you because you all ****ing suck, and are stupid, you play a game babied down from Melee, but what do you want? Even MORE babying. Grow up, how can this game be considered competetive but the best character is getting banned. How is any other fighting community gonna take us seriously when we can't even win a MU. Only like 2 MKs were winning ***** anyway, you guys all suck and won't get any better.

On another note, I am an MK main, I am not just upset about MK being banned. Regardless of MK being banned or not, I would NEVER use the unity ruleset, I think it is horrible, and unfair to many MANY characters, and people who support this just suck Alpha Zealot's d!ck. It has been said, and see in results ADHD himself has gotten lazy and banked on MK being banned, and now he can rest easy knowing that he can laze his *** off with easy MUs, because he got ****ing tired of applying himself in an MU. Gnes is better, get over it, you suck Wyatt. Back to AZ. You are a complete ******, and no one in their right mind should take you seriously. No one who is smart, or has a mind of their own would follow you, or your garbage ruleset and rulings. You are bad at brawl, and a bad BBR member. Leave this community, you are tainting it.

To the people who were smart enough to learn the MU, kudos, you took time in to hold an accomplishment dear. Too bad it's all for naught because of the gay people who are lazy and don't put forth the effort of learning a MU. It's not like people put a gun to your head and told you to pick MK. But whatever. If you guys wanna be babies, go ahead. Enjoy your gay *** D3 infinites, and IC CGs.

I'm done with this horrible game. gl;hf I give this community 3 weeks after the MK ban. tata!
>post a whole rant
>not upset
laughinggirls.jpeg

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Please tell me you don't think that any diddy player who is good enough to place top 8 at a national is going to lose to someones secondary (not just snake).
Atomsk and Ally say hi

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I doesn't afraid of you, Kyle, let's go.

That was over a year ago, it's invalid to my skill now. Well now, I didn't know you were pro-ban. Meh, I figured you actually beat MKs, ane Neil just gets lucky vs you a lot. I've witnessed it. However. I'll gladly accept a challenge toward you, full force. Also, if I recall correctly, it was mainly your Falco giving me the business, and our matches Sonic vs MK were fairly even. u.u
I do beat mks, but that doesnt mean anything. the amount that people have to out play mk to win in itself shows that the character is far too good to be legal.

Oh well, lemme put time into other characters again after YOU, K.I.D.Goggles were the one who told me I shuold go all MK in the firts place because I played too many characters.
I told you to do that because im not stupid. if somebody comes to me and they say, I want to get better, whats the first thing i should do to be better at the game, Im going to say 'pick the best character' thats a no brainer. even then I wanted him banned but if hes not, then theres essentially no reason to not main him. And just like I told everybody else. If I wasnt god awful at the ditto matchup. I would have been maining mk since like 09.
Also, cosigning KID's posts. I think he's doing pretty well in this thread. (And I was the first one to bring up getting MK from random, btw.)
the random box should be more powerful than anything else.
I want random to be able to play MK. The random box isn't remotely overpowered, overcentralizing, etc. It's the box between Kirby and Dedede that creates problems.

If you're going to make him illegal on random, it needs to at least be explicit in the rules. Rerolling the random requires some interpretation on the part of the reader.
speaking from a 'good for the community' side here, who here can tell me that seeing a late bracket tourney match where a dude goes random in the hopes of pulling mk in the last game of the set wouldnt be the hype-est thing youve ever seen?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Finally without MK to hold him back, Ganon can show his true potential. Watch out tierlist, he's comin for ya.
I'm curious if Ganon will somewhat be a bit more viable. It's really hard to theorycraft with a groundless priority though. :/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
However random is not and not mentioned in the ruleset which will lead to TOs interpreting it differently.
Once the match starts, however, if you were assigned Meta Knight, you are now Meta Knight, which is not legal under the ruleset. That's what Xyro is saying. Picking random doesn't mean you're only an ethereal shady version of whatever character you end up as, you are that character.

I can see where you're coming from but it really just seems like your fishing as hard as you can for the tiniest loophole. When it comes down to it, the character Meta Knight is banned, whether selected through random or directly from the character select screen.

:248:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
mk being banned means hes not permitted to be used.....period. you cannot slip/slide your way around it. mk banned means mk is banned. i would say it in another language but since u dont get in in ENGLISH i doubt it would do any good.
He's not used in any of the scenarios I was talking about.

Quit arguing past me and then go complaining to me about english comprehension.

Once the match starts, however, if you were assigned Meta Knight, you are now Meta Knight, which is not legal under the ruleset. That's what Xyro is saying. Picking random doesn't mean you're only an ethereal shady version of whatever character you end up as, you are that character.

I can see where you're coming from but it really just seems like your fishing as hard as you can for the tiniest loophole. When it comes down to it, the character Meta Knight is banned, whether selected through random or directly from the character select screen.

Is it a game loss or do you start over? You can't answer that, so the ruleset needs a fix.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea they should have just got rid of certain stages.

But I like how none of the committee members respond to Nairo's comment about ADHD.
He only loses to ANTI and M2k and was complaining the loudest. He ***** mostly all other mk's with his sexy diddy! lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
we did not ban mk cause he was always in top 8.
and ally wario has beat gnes(top 2 diddy) and adhd(top 2 diddy) and countless of others. ally is not the only example, reread bizkits post above

So if I decided to main random and I got MK on the random I lose a match?
no. u would be asked to pick another character. please use common sense.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

But I like how none of the committee members respond to Nairo's comment about ADHD.
He only loses to ANTI and M2k and was complaining the loudest. He ***** mostly all other mk's with his sexy diddy! lol.
He speaks the loudest but by far the most intelligently. It's far from an issue.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I do beat mks, but that doesnt mean anything. the amount that people have to out play mk to win in itself shows that the character is far too good to be legal.

I told you to do that because im not stupid. if somebody comes to me and they say, I want to get better, whats the first thing i should do to be better at the game, Im going to say 'pick the best character' thats a no brainer. even then I wanted him banned but if hes not, then theres essentially no reason to not main him. And just like I told everybody else. If I wasnt god awful at the ditto matchup. I would have been maining mk since like 09.

the random box should be more powerful than anything else.

speaking from a 'good for the community' side here, who here can tell me that seeing a late bracket tourney match where a dude goes random in the hopes of pulling mk in the last game of the set wouldnt be the hype-est thing youve ever seen?
You fsmashed me out of nado.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm curious if Ganon will somewhat be a bit more viable. It's really hard to theorycraft with a groundless priority though. :/
The problem with Ganon is that he still has many other hard counters, some even worse than Meta Knight. It is debatable whether he even has one match-up in his favor. Thus I don't personally think he'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is the first thread to have derailed posts count as on-topic. Are you enjoying this mods?

The biggest flaming I've seen? Hell yeah, you really are.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

Or you know, we do policy implementation based on contention supported values rather than anecdotal evidence and outliers.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
-Data, charts, and various findings made by the community (such as the charts John#s made, the statistical approach to MK (I think Tuen made it? sorry if I'm mistaken), anything like that)
Yep, that's me doing the statistics. I would have had a a more definitive analysis complete, but I had to start over in terms of data mining, so I didn't make it in time. I'll finish the analysis anyways though, since that's how I do things :-p. Besides, it'll make a good baseline for the post MK ban analysis.

Looks like my "Project Zero" will come in handy in more ways than one!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Tuen, do you have skype?

I'd like to talk to you about some of the choices you made in your statistical analyses at some point.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
This is the first thread to have derailed posts count as on-topic. Are you enjoying this mods?

The biggest flaming I've seen? Hell yeah, you really are.
yeah, kinda disappointed that bluezelda isn't banned yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom