• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight glitch on halberd.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Nice find, and it does look like he can be hit from underneath.
Is this easy and consistent to pull of Xero?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This is hilarious. Can this be done with anyone else?

Well it looks like he can be hit from above so idk if it's something that'l make him unstoppable on halberd.
I'm not so sure. I only remember seeing the weak few hits of Kirbys Dair hitting him. Mk could cover himself pretty well using Up Tilt and Up Smash too. Then again, it depends what else he can be hit with. We'll have to see and I guess the stage isn't always like that (although it is for a long time)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Though crouching doesn't help much, did you try that? He might be untouchable. Still, funny stuff.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So MK's new planking method is going INSIDE the stage?

gg

:093:

Sanoscy

Smash Rookie
Nice find, and it does look like he can be hit from underneath.
Is this easy and consistent to pull of Xero?
Its pretty easy to pull off once you've done it awhile, and you can still get hit, but if you duck down it makes it harder for them to get you.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This would probably be counted as stalling. =/

Still though, this is awesome.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Planking 2.0

Where will the world end?
When Planking 3.0 is discovered.

In all seriousness, this will probably not receive a ban unless it is abused and/or there are characters who have absolutely no chance of ever hitting Meta Knight.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This better be ban, lol. How often does it work or it just works like that all the time?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
ahh yet another good use for snakes grenades...
good old snake
How will his grenades reach Meta Knight? I would understand if you said his mines would get Meta Knight, but his grenades would be easily blocked. Then again, Snake might find some gay way to fish him out. D=

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Why don't people find glitches for other people BESIDES MK/Snake? :(

Kirby's hungry for something new and funny... :(

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Why don't people find glitches for other people BESIDES MK/Snake? :(

Kirby's hungry for something new and funny... :(
because all the cool kids use those two chatacters.

J/K

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So I hear that MK likes to find things that make him invisible or untouchable for a long time.

lol I'd love to see this pulled off in a tourney match.
I'll try it against Ally.

Then again, he'll probably blast my *** out with explosives >____>

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Looks like someone with an attack range long enough to go through platforms can still hurt him, but ehh... good luck doing that, lol

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
c4 nades and mines could all hurt mk from top.

this is only to stall for a max of a min im guessin lol hope it doest get banned

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
c4 nades and mines could all hurt mk from top.

this is only to stall for a max of a min im guessin lol hope it doest get banned
It's easy to stay away from the explosions from inside the stage, just roll dodge if Snake plant's C4 to blast MK out. That's all Snake could really do to MK down there.

Nice find, Sanoscy!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
How will his grenades reach Meta Knight? I would understand if you said his mines would get Meta Knight, but his grenades would be easily blocked. Then again, Snake might find some gay way to fish him out. D=
simple, meta knight can only attack upwards, so snake just does a shield dropped nade, meta knight hits the nade, and it explodes hurting metaknight but not snake since he's still shielding.
also c4 has a large hitbox below it that goes through solid objects.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
would his utilt reach the platform above? If not, couldn't the opponent camp there forever to avoid it?

But yeah, this kinda sucks since now I have to find another stage to CP against MK.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Is it still technically stalling if you're able to continually damage your opponent, but they are unable to damage you back? I guess it's just "extremely perfect camping" lollllll.

We should determine if this breaks the stage into ban-worthiness, or in what capacity a no-stalling rule would limit how this option is used.

I wonder if a Ness or Lucas could up-B themselves into MK's "secret chamber"; PKT2 is mad glitchy so I bet it'd be possible, even if risky and inconsistent at best.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Is it still technically stalling if you're able to continually damage your opponent, but they are unable to damage you back? I guess it's just "extremely perfect camping" lollllll.

We should determine if this breaks the stage into ban-worthiness, or in what capacity a no-stalling rule would limit how this option is used.

I wonder if a Ness or Lucas could up-B themselves into MK's "secret chamber"; PKT2 is mad glitchy so I bet it'd be possible, even if risky and inconsistent at best.
Lol, because they actually CAN hurt you with some of their attacks, this would be a funny way to avoid the stalling rule.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Especially since his up-B's invincy frames will protect him from anything that could hurt him on his way out, lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I hate to be that guy who posts the same question multiple times in the same thread, but does anyone know if utilt from the "secret compartment" will hit the platform?

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
How ironic... XD

Awesome find Sansocy I just tried it out in a match it was hilarious how my friend tried to hit me. :bee:

I am so loving Halberd even more now.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Lol awesome.

Too bad the opponent can just chill on the platform hahah

MK has some weird properties on Drill Rush. He's also able to go up through the bottom of the capsules on Norfair if done right, for some reason.
Yeah, he can do that in skyworld too.

Denfo

Smash Rookie
I doubt it'll be banned or considered stalling since it will end once the stage changes and I doubt meta can hit anyone up on the floating platform anyway. It just neutralizes that one section of the stage for the time being (even though some of the cast can still hit him down there *cough*snake*cough*). Not ban-worthy imo.

Top Bottom