• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Challenge #3: Diddys Bananas

Staco

Smash Champion
Edit your post in the "Go Advanced" option. Then you'll find a space above your post where the title is. Just change it. I can my thread's titles lol

And the "separate" I mean is real separate(one far from the other), not desync. :]
it just changes the title of my post, but it doesnt change the threadtitle.

ah okay, I changed the wrong post, now it works

If you just wait for it to finish they could practically camp you ot if they got a lead.

You could just go around them, but then they can lead the Down B into UAirs/BAirs.
But at least it stops the Down B wall.

hojunc

Smash Rookie
Game & Watches Down A (In the Air) The Key Hits Down, I block and then after, I can't hit him faster enough, what should I do?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
why would they stop doing it then?
they run out of stage eventually because they have to advance with it for it to be as effective. if they do it straight up and down it is fairly easy to hit one of them out of it at the apex of their jump. They eventually will try to up-air you or hit you with something as you get close or they start to run out of advancing room

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
just jumping over the IC and use dair as fast as you can, or jump into the air and use the dirll rush to drill them into the ground....if that doesnt work, i say:
When in doubt, throw a smart bomb.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
just jumping over the IC and use dair as fast as you can, or jump into the air and use the dirll rush to drill them into the ground....if that doesnt work, i say:
I hope that was a joke. :laugh::dizzy::confused::ohwell::psycho:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
-If you try to jump over and dair, the IC are just going to back up, or shield grab you.
-Drill Rushing is also bad, they will shield and grab you out of the lag.
-Items aren't used in competitive play.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Just run into it, dair and get pivotgrabbed :p
EDIT:
MK has probably no more options then like maybe a down b (but it´s banned if prolonged so) and hit them out of it, dair can damage "easier but riskyer" everything is risky against Desynched climbers.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
I jus rush ic's for the most part. Makes the matchup interesting . Fair nado u-air. Good times

Kaffei

Smash Hero
now im confused lol. :)
If they try to dair you off stage and you DC to dodge, even though an airdodge is probably more efficient.

Okay so can we get back on topic? How else can we get past Blizzard wall?

Staco

Smash Champion
yes

okay, anything you want to do next?

Diddys Bananas?
maybe making a little list of banana tricks for MK vs. Diddy (and tricks for MK in general with bananas)

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
sd1 out of blizzard and dair , try to bait the uair and spam tornadoooooooo

Kaffei

Smash Hero
So when are the summaries going to be up? And I also agree that we should discuss Diddy's Bananas next.

Staco

Smash Champion
The summarys are in the 2nd post.
Didnt know how to sum up the Falco information since a lot of different startegies were given.

#3 Diddys Bananas starting now

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think staying in the air is important. -lol-
A lot of Diddys seem to wait until their opponent lands, then throws a banana.

Maybe careful dair spacing

DUB

Smash Lord
I think staying in the air is important. -lol-
A lot of Diddys seem to wait until their opponent lands, then throws a banana.

Maybe careful dair spacing
I'd make that extremely careful. Rather then waiting for MK to land while dair spacing Diddy can GT Up underneath you and throw the naner and follow with an up-air. It probably wouldn't be hard to catch naners he throws up with dairs if you practiced it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'd make that extremely careful. Rather then waiting for MK to land while dair spacing Diddy can GT Up underneath you and throw the naner and follow with an up-air. It probably wouldn't be hard to catch naners he throws up with dairs if you practiced it.
That's what I would expect as well, but I don't really know what to do after baiting that glide toss.

PinkFloydEchoes

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I would love to know what to do against diddy's bananas. The best I can do is if he throws one and we're both on the ground, SL OoS and itll most likely hit him, but this gets predictable and sometimes doesnt work if the diddy grabs fast enough. Staying in the air is trouble for me too, diddy can throw the nanners up at you and follow up with aerials, especially that god **** fair. If you try a ground approach, you will get nanners in your face so learning to either PS on ground or grab them in the air is the best I see

smasher01

Smash Ace
only up-b OoS when them are in a tight situation and they throw a banana at you and you know the up-b will hit. and when you think they will comeup to hit you air dodge down and u-air them

Kaffei

Smash Hero
only up-b OoS when them are in a tight situation and they throw a banana at you and you know the up-b will hit. and when you think they will comeup to hit you air dodge down and u-air them
Shouldn't SL be left fresh in case that gimp opportunity arises?

smasher01

Smash Ace
you dont spam up-b or you will get baited into doing it and be punished.
o and nairs and dairs gimp diddy really good du lol

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
By eating them? On a serious note, as many others have said, by staying in the air. Land on platforms if possible.

Top Bottom