• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Challenge #3: Diddys Bananas

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
yup haha. so any more ideas for bananas?
Didn't I say to eat them? In all seriousness, as every character should, use them against him. Catch them when he throws them at you if you can. Do not land near him or his potassium.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Didn't I say to eat them? In all seriousness, as every character should, use them against him. Catch them when he throws them at you if you can. Do not land near him or his potassium.
I second this.

Staco

Smash Champion
yup haha. so any more ideas for bananas?
MK can DAir approach while holding a banana.
I also like to throw the banana on him (or just let it fall down) while beeing in the air and then dair him.

UP B works well when he is throwing a banana against your shield and then runs into you.

Pick them up and throw the bananas to a place where Diddy cant get them.

Bananas are like the best projectile to gimp Diddy.
Throw them at his Up B, it will kill him. Or bring him in a bad situation by blocking the way of his Up B with a clever banana throw, so that you can easily attack and gimp him afterwards.

Conti

Smash Ace
Hmmm pretty much you just need to control his banana's as we all know [easier said then done]

Tbh i think MK's should really learn to...
1. Instant Throw, [Airdoge>A really quick [easy if u set L attack]] I see Diddy Vs MK Vidz all the time, and i rarely ever see a top level mk instant throwing... yet mediocre Diddy's like myself have it master'd... Learning this could really help you out in the matchup...

2. Also with whats said above, Z drop Dair is a pretty good mindgame... but another option is Dthrow banana to an aerial [which you can do after a Zdrop Dair]...

3/4. Learn Z Catching also, good if a banana is just sitting on a platform on say BF...
For Mk's that dont know how to Glide Toss... (At the startup to your dodgeroll you Cstick the direction of where u wanna throw it) Learn it, if you space it right Foward GT> Dsmash is ****...

5. Don't Nado Diddy if he has a banana, You WILL get punished like 90% of the time...

6. Touch his banana's... Even doing something simple as to pick up a banana and Dthrow it is good, cuz well its one less nanr for him to use...

7. Up+B or Nado while holding banana is **** :p

8. MK has no projectile, some characters can gimp because of theirs, so why not add a bit more chaos off stage by throwing em at diddy off stage, if ur a good mk, if u hit diddy with Banana and he is like even with the stage, then you shud be able to gimp him...

9. Dont be predictable

cant think of much else... hope that helps

Conti

Smash Ace
Almost Anything ***** Diddy's Up + B...
D throwing a Nanr is good too lol... idk whats up with u guys and ZDrops, :p
Tbh MK doing a Fast Falling N-Air when diddy is lined up underneath the ledge charging his rocket barrels or recovering with them is ****... Unless my DI is Godlike or i get mad lucky, it can be an auto-K.O. at low % but this thread is not about the matuchp its about Nanarz so yea, back to nanarz

Staco

Smash Champion
The nair doesnt hit Diddys Up B, if you go very low. :/

But for this you can just stay over the edge and grab it. :D

PinkFloydEchoes

Smash Rookie
Something that hasn't been addressed (I don't think?) is what to do when you get hit by a nanner...
sometimes I'll roll away really quick and not stay tripped for long but I dont know what this is, is there any way to lower the time spent on the ground after tripping on a nanner?

Conti

Smash Ace
Nair if he's charging, Dair if he's launching... note: sometimes its a bad idea to do if he's in a position where it can stage spike u, so if ur more away from the stage then he is, go for it... otherwise let him recover

Staco

Smash Champion
maybe you have to hit with the side of the nair (or time it proper)

I have to test this

next challenge:
what about: how to deal with a planking/camping MK

one little thing to stop falcos laser camp:
I have seen tyrant constantly punishing the side B at reaction with nair, so this should be less of a problem

Kaffei

Smash Hero
maybe you have to hit with the side of the nair (or time it proper)

I have to test this

next challenge:
what about: how to deal with a planking/camping MK

one little thing to stop falcos laser camp:
I have seen tyrant constantly punishing the side B at reaction with nair, so this should be less of a problem
Plank back?

Conti

Smash Ace
I've seen vidz of m2k and shadow do it before [vs like Adhd or gnes]... and other mk's... not that much, but every time they did it and made contact Diddy was dead... the FF Nair im talking about....

Like they wud be edgegrabing, then they wud just double tap down and Nair... and diddy is dead...

It only works when diddy is directly under the edge

PinkFloydEchoes

Smash Rookie
It's almost impossible to win IMO.. lol. Get the lead first?
Not really, if they're planking just get off the stage. Don't sit on the edge trying to dtilt them or something stupid. Jump up and around (you can fly dammit) and poke at the ledge with fairs or dairs and fight him off the stage.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Not really, if they're planking just get off the stage. Don't sit on the edge trying to dtilt them or something stupid. Jump up and around (you can fly dammit) and poke at the ledge with fairs or dairs and fight him off the stage.
Ah, Okay. I always thought the planking MK would gimp me if I did that.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Well, MK can plank MK decently well on Smashville because he can drill rush to either side. It can be done on a normal stage, but MK is at a disadvantage if he tries to plank on a single ledge.

The problem with planking in the Ditto is the Shuttle loop. Planking in normally used for stalling. But in the Ditto when two MKs get off the stage, someone is going to die! lol. Also, if MK is planking and Falco/Wario/whoever steals his ledge, it's not a big deal. If MK steals your ledge when you are planking, your probably going to eat a FFNair>SL>Death.

If MK tries to plank MK:

1. Stand just outside his ledge hop fair range.
2. Right as his invincibility wears off, run off the stage and Dair him.
3. Shuttle Loop>Stage spike.

I think thats the most common thing that happens. I get a lot of kills like that in the MK ditto. The planking MK has answers to it if he knows it's coming. So just wait and let him get comfortable, then do it.

Option 2:

1. Run pretty close to the ledge and shield.
2. If MK hits your shield with anything other than Uair, then punish him (usually with SL out of shield).
3. If Mk hits your shield with a falling Uair, try to find an opportunity to steal his ledge or use the Dair>stage spike trick.

Alot of other things work too. That just what I usually do. But I doubt a MK will ever try plank another MK for very long. I usually just stand on the ledge and charge Fsmashes.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.......It's not that easy. I play with DSF often and that won't really work easily.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Perhaps this is a new strategy against the bananas. You wait til the Diddy Kong player throws the banana, you shield, then you immediately dash attack when the banana bounces off your shield, you'll grab the banana and attack with dash all at the same time, MK has a pretty long range dash too, so that helps.

To dash attack immediately, run and press C-stick down.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Yeah what about Uair
Why do you think there are no videos online anywhere of a MK successfully planking another MK? I don't know why I'm debating this when it's not an issue. I can try to get a video up sometime though.

Of couse MK is going to Uair. I don't know how much Uair outranges MK's Dair, but it's not by much. I run off the stage and hit MKs with Dair all the time. Sometimes I get hit with a Uair (but honestly, not very often). The thing is that if I get hit with a Uair, I take 6%. They usually can't combo after the Uair becasue they were falling when the hit me with it. And if I hit them with the Dair, it leads into a perfect SL stage spike, and they die.

Also, other things work too. Like if you shield a rising Uair, then you get a free SL (because the SL hitbox hits below MK too). People use it a lot in the ditto on Delphino. If a MK tries to go under the stage and Uair you, just shield the Uair and SL them. It will pull them up from under the stage.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Perhaps this is a new strategy against the bananas. You wait til the Diddy Kong player throws the banana, you shield, then you immediately dash attack when the banana bounces off your shield, you'll grab the banana and attack with dash all at the same time, MK has a pretty long range dash too, so that helps.

To dash attack immediately, run and press C-stick down.
You could also jump out of shield and dair to catch the banana, which would also stop diddy dashing towards you to grab when he sees your shield go up

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
or you could run RIGHT up to the edge and grounded SL which hits below and near the ledge. That beats upair every time if timed correctly. So its great as a mix-up to the other options. I play against M2k often and planking is never ever a good strategy since there are SO many ways around it and you will die trying

Kel

Smash Master
I missed the last discussion but I just wanted to point out that glide attack beats out IC's down B. I use it to kill Nana all the time. You just have to have some balls to pull it off. But, as stated earlier, if you end up miss-spacing your glide attack and getting hit, you should be able to just SDI up through it and potentially dair them anyway.

For Diddy's bananas I typically just try to pick them up when I can and throw them where the diddy can't reach (not on platforms though because they're potentially worthless for you up there). I then try to keep myself positioned between the Diddy and the bananas. From there, tornado destroys Diddy

ADHD

Smash Hero
^^^ That can be a good strat, but tornado still doens't affect diddy if his shield is semi-full. For some reason his shield is ridiculously powerful against defending the tornado.

Top Bottom