• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Random thing I found....

Sorta depressing.....
others were motivating...so I replied to them below.. and I guess im just posting my thoughts..

Just reading some old post I found.....thought I'd post my thoughts here...

<3333 both Vman and Strong.

If anybody can make yoshi not a **** character, it's you Vman. :p
Others will be here to help me hopefully. :) even if i'm gone

vman will not make it out of pools (Pound V) if he goes Yoshi.

Calling it right now.
This is only a "small" reason why I don't like AZ that much...He's even a fan of mine... logic makes no sense at all does it? To top it off.. he was WRONG even...since I did make it w/yoshi.. sure 33rd, but bracket made...Him along w/many others who doubt if I was "legit" or not....I can understand if you're uncertain of me etc...but you're own hometown doubting you?... major self esteem killer don't you think... *sigh* ^this makes me sad....ALOT..

yoshi's gettin top 5 at pound 5.
callin it right now.
haha if only.......

Sorta Random for me to post this I know.... just searching through some OLLD.. post...interesting finds... :(
I hope Yoshi moves up the tier list. :)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Young Link will move up faster I believe, especially since you're retired, Vman.

Also, somebody who isn't Haley actually embedded a video. Unprecedented!

The Star King

Smash Hero
For the record, Vman, I totally predicted you making it to bracket with Yoshi. Awwww yeaaaah.

Don't listen to Rubyiris.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I predicted you would make it out :D

Also did you really retire? Major bummer dude! You can't retire until after Genesis.

L__

Smash Master
Hey V3ctorMan, I'm a big fan of your Yoshi.

Though I'm not sure how much it means since I'm just another person on the internet, but; if you do continue to use Yoshi I'll be around in the crowd with a little Yoshi flag waving it back and forth!

Go V3ctorMan! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

=)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, I thought there was a good chance you'd do better than you did. I figured that you had a good shot at winning at least one set in bracket if not more. Congrats on making it there with yoshi, btw.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Vman u also dont know me but its to bad u r retiring. i felt like your yoshi was only starting and i thought u would be like axe and move him up the tier list. o well good luck with your future and remember smash will always be here with a warm meal and a place to stay

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey V3ctorMan, I'm a big fan of your Yoshi.

Though I'm not sure how much it means since I'm just another person on the internet, but; if you do continue to use Yoshi I'll be around in the crowd with a little Yoshi flag waving it back and forth!

Go V3ctorMan! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

=)
I appreciate it man... I really do...

For what it's worth, I thought there was a good chance you'd do better than you did. I figured that you had a good shot at winning at least one set in bracket if not more. Congrats on making it there with yoshi, btw.
I wanted to do better in bracket as well... sadly I dont have too much experience on the Yoshi vs Samus MU... and DJ is a well rounded player...and I was unable to beat kels patient style fox... :(..next time hopefully... ;)

Vman u also dont know me but its to bad u r retiring. i felt like your yoshi was only starting and i thought u would be like axe and move him up the tier list. o well good luck with your future and remember smash will always be here with a warm meal and a place to stay
*sigh* My yoshi is only starting....and retiring has been on my mind for a while now...but honestly, I think my love for the game will continue to keep me coming back.... that and my love/motivation for other players to not give up on their character(s) the same motive that followed me, Axe, Taj, Cosmo, and many, many other low tier players.

Why quit, when you can continue to **** and prove haters wrong?

You're talented. Don't waste it.
There comes a time when proving haters wrong, comes from becoming a goal to becoming a "habit" right now, i'm gettin close to being sick of proving over and over.. that my Yoshi.. or even Yoshi can be legit.. (even with what I did at Pound) to some that's not enough... and im wondering if anything will ever be... *sigh* giving up is like my "bail out card" but as stated above.. my love for the game will prolly keep me playing it... :)

Noooo Vman don't retire :(

At least go to Genesis 2 k buddy :D
read above^ for the most part i'm sure i'm still playing...just the motivation part is pretty low, but growing higher by the day...Financially Genesis 2 is lookin troublesome...I only made it to Pound V cuz cape payed for me... of course i have to pay him back...and with Axe having last minute changes.. I offered to pay for his share of hotel fare...so he could make it as well.. I spent much more than I wanted to for Pound and still paying back Cape.... I honestly don't see me making it w/o some help... but I wouldn't want people to pay for me unless they feel i'm worthy (won't let them down) or something along those lines per se... :(

^its times like these when retirement comes into play...

For the most part, I want to contribute and help any/all developing future melee players that i've influenced/helped influence or in general.. ANY players wanting to develop their game.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Vman, please don't quit. If it wasn't for you, I would've never gotten into competitive Melee in the first place. And it was you that kept pushing me to play Pikachu. Without you, I wouldn't be who I am today...

Your Yoshi is so inspiring to me, along with both your Mewtwo and your Falco. Every single character you play inspires me so much. Without players like you, I'm not motivated to play... I want you to keep playing and keep pushing me like you always have, but if you decide to quit, I'll still respect your decision. It would be such a waste of rare talent though... There is no other player like you.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol as my brother once said, no one an ever truly quit from smash.

Taj and Forward have both "retired" havent they? then bam! They are back playing again haha.

L__

Smash Master
anyone else hate pulling all nighters?

also does anyone know how much rockstar is too much for your system?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol and Genesis2 is during summer break :D

I'm gonna try crawling into bed now.....
Wish me luck ;)

Night L__ and any other late nighters haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he'z an old man

but i hear he still plays every now and then. he's basically that roaming legendary pokemon in norcal. hes still very good, might still be able to do better in a tournament than sheridan/bluefoxxt, the other norcal puffs

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
he'z an old man

but i hear he still plays every now and then. he's basically that roaming legendary pokemon in norcal. hes still very good, might still be able to do better in a tournament than sheridan/bluefoxxt, the other norcal puffs
I'm assuming thats why in the Silence combo video his jiggs had a beard LOL.....

He's my favorite smasher of all time. He's the one who got me to drop brawl and buy melee after my brother broke it. Watching his matches back then had my face like --> :O

I said to myself that time ago "I never knew jiggs was so good"

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol King is the reason I play puff :)
Fun fact. He's also the reason Mango mains puff.

Rollout is such an awesome vid!

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Fun fact. He's also the reason Mango mains puff.
Yeah found out from the APEX interview xD

The only reason I ever play puff was because of him too. If it was for King showing the business I wouldn't never in my life find the fun in Puff.

tw1n

Smash Champion
*DJ Nintendo voice*
Definitely gotta stick with that Bowser! For the love.
No bowser means quit life. For the love.

Top Bottom