• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in 2010: Year in Review

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...my facial expression on that last pic (RoM 3 Grand Finals) was something to behold. Repping that mets skullie all day. LOL.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
good read.
i wish it had a little elaboration on mango's evolution into scorp considering he still hasn't changed back haha.

also, i dont think apex was hbox's first national win. rom2 no?

very entertaining, you're a good writer juggleguy.
Good point. I guess I'll change the wording on that line.

Juggleguy, might wanna fix the part where it says M2K vs Brood. Grand finals was DEHF vs Brood. M2K vs Brood was loser finals iirc.
You're right, I just completely remembered wrong since M2K/Brood was the most hype set.

Good read. Those reviews always bring hype for the current year :)

Just a few precisions regarding European tournaments :
SNY gathered 109 attendants for singles, not 100.

In 2007, RoX4 became the first european tournament with more that 100 entrants (132).
In 2008, ESA2 gathered 231 players for singles, making it bigger than Pound 3.
In 2009, two French tournaments had more than 100 attendants for singles : ESA3 (108) and TSL4 (113). I’m also almost sure that Smash Attack in Germany reached the 100 entrants cap, but I don’t know the exact number.
Thanks a lot for this, I had a feeling I was missing some previous European tournaments. AZ didn't include RoX4 in his 2007 review and I simply couldn't find Smashboards documentation on the big European events in 2008 or 2009. Updated the OP.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
This could have been better. I would have liked a mention of socal trolling the community by pretending Scorpion Master was a new unknown player. A specific mention of how Amsah impressed people at Pound 4 would have been great as well.

I'm pro at making awesome videos. It Takes Guts to be Amazing is the 7th best user video of 2009 and What do you think about Jigglypuff is this year's 8th best video. XD

Atlus8

Smash Master
How come my Crazy Little Jungle Bird isn't in the top 10?

This could have been better. I would have liked a mention of socal trolling the community by pretending Scorpion Master was a new unknown player. A specific mention of how Amsah impressed people at Pound 4 would have been great as well.
Oh man, I can tell you all about Joshua!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I'm pro at making awesome videos. It Takes Guts to be Amazing is the 7th best user video of 2009 and What do you think about Jigglypuff is this year's 8th best video. XD
a video that you made for your friends and a video that was made by someone else(armada).

youre super pro :p

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Another great year in melee, **** yeah!
And now for 2011...
I will win a national.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
2009 sparked my interest in Melee (I used to be all about 64)
2010 made me join Melee. Now I'm practicing to eventually go to tournaments and I no longer play 64.
2010 was freaking awesome for Melee.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
How come my Crazy Little Jungle Bird isn't in the top 10?

Oh man, I can tell you all about Joshua!
No, Juggleguy should have mentioned it. Too many people are praising him without acknowledging that he could have done a significantly better job.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
DrPeePee impressed me the most this past year. I was blown away how he ***** M2K the last set at ROM 3, good s**t. And he a good showing at WinterGameFest recently (even though Mango was clearly sandbagging his a** off).

hot$

Smash Ace
not sure if this was mentioned yet, I didn't read every page..

But you have Pound 4 listed location as Arlington, Va. It took place in Frederick, Maryland.

Just thought i'd help out :)

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
May 2011 be even better!

Although I wonder what will happen to the melee scene with the rise of P:M? I have a feeling it will only compliment melee.

Xelyst

-_-
A good thread to remind us that this game is nowhere near dead.

Good job.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like the read. I remember reading year in review 2009 coming home from Pound 4, I believe. Now doing the same here.

Can't wait to see what will happen next.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
yo brandoooon whats good and yeah jman really does look like em
hey. I'm guessing your jeremy.

I think im going to pick up Ice Climbers and DDD as my new chars in brawl, **** some kids in this lan party our high school is having.

Still sticking to samus in melee thou, we just need to play more often.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Man I'm glad this was written, since I've been away for more than a year. I feel less stupid already. :)

Edit: nice, Husband and Wife commentating at Pound 4.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Wow this was fantastic! Seeing Vidjo made me really happy since he's old school and I can't remember the last time I've seen him!

Top Bottom