• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Had to send Wii in for a check-up; I wasn't charged, but I do think Nintendo swapped out the disc reader. Now it can read Wii games, but nothing burned. That blowwws... Won't be seeing anything textured from me for a long while, unless there's a new loophole around those newer disc readers.
(And the Media Launcher's no good; my GCN's a piece of crap, LOL.)

But... not to make anyone else suffer for my misfortune... uploaded a new custom Melee. If you want it, either leave me a Private Message here at Smash Boards
or shoot a PM my way via YouTube, in case I run out of PM space here.
Is NOT team friendly at all, though, so word of warning. Also, has a few stages... and songs, that may be a bit distractive... It's quite messy.

Regardless... if you're up for something just a little bit fresh, or what have you... Enjoy, all. :)

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Had to send Wii in for a check-up; I wasn't charged, but I do think Nintendo swapped out the disc reader. Now it can read Wii games, but nothing burned. That blowwws... Won't be seeing anything textured from me for a long while, unless there's a new loophole around those newer disc readers.

But... not to make anyone else suffer for my misfortune... uploaded a new custom Melee. If you want it, either leave me a Private Message here at Smash Boards
Is NOT team friendly at all, though, so word of warning. Also, has a few stages... and songs, that may be a bit distractive... It's quite messy.

Regardless... if you're up for something just a little bit fresh, or what have you... Enjoy, all. :)
This might be your only option until someone figures out a software hack that will allow gamecube game backups to be played via USB:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33938

I know there are people working on a software solution, but it won't be ready for at least a few months.

I know $94 seems like a lot, but at least you can save the trouble of burning dvd-r's for all your gamecube games?

Oh, and I just noticed that it's sold out on the site i linked. I'm sure if you google "WODE Wii" you'll find another place that sells it.

*Edit: I just remembered another potential solution. Perhaps you could find a broken wii on ebay for a very low price and just rip the disc drive out and replace yours with it (assuming that the broken part isn't the disc drive of course). or you could get a wii disc drive off of ebay, but they're pretty expensive too.

r3d d09

Smash Master

Definitely try out the WODE, my friend has it and says it's the greatest thing ever. linux based and everything.

nube

Smash Apprentice
Dayum Steelia you're a beast! Nearly EVERY single costume texturized? Good stuff.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yeah your ISO is so ****ing nice

gotta change the audio however :S

ps. which files correspond to the character select screen and the stage select screen? I would rather extract those from your ISO and put them into another one with my audio files :D

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah your ISO is so ****ing nice

gotta change the audio however :S

ps. which files correspond to the character select screen and the stage select screen? I would rather extract those from your ISO and put them into another one with my audio files :D
menu01/03.hps

Steelia

Smash Champion
Glad you all are enjoying it. :)

Don't mean to spam the topic with unrelated stuff, but, going to visit family for 2 weeks; won't have access to a computer while I'm there at all... so... yeah. Won't be able to pass out the Melee, unless anyone here's willing to take it up. Hopefully those looking for it take note of this. :p

S l o X

Smash Champion
PM me if you guys need the link for Steelia's Melee. I'm still downloading it so I won't be able to tell features and what not but passing it out shouldn't be bad.

<3

darkatma

Smash Hero
has anyone thought to texture hack things like fox/falco's lasers (from red to whatever other color, blue, green, yellow, etc.) as well as the shine from blue to whatever?

i'd be interested.

also turnips to..iono strawberries or something lolll

voorhese

Smash Master
what is it that everyone always calls em? theres like a number 1 wrong answer for what she pulls out....i cant remember it tho

also i want a fox with a yellow or purple shine, and yellow or purple lasers...but they have to either both be purple, or 1 and the other, non of that yellow and yellow ****

Rykard

Smash Ace
here is my interpretation of Steelia's ISO

Bowser:

Neutral – NES Bowser
Red – Dry Bowser
Blue – Shadow Bowser
Black – Giga Bowser?

Captain Falcon

Neutral – Dark Falcon?
Black - Batman
Red - Blood
White – Super falcon
Green - Ganon
Blue – Captain America

Donkey Kong

Neutral – White
Black – king kong
Red – golden oozaru
Blue
Green

Dr. Mario

Neutral - Brawl
Black – Suit
Green – Retro doc?
Blue – The Naruto thing
Red – Fire doc

Falco

Neutral - Black
Red – 64 Flaco
Blue – captain falco
Green – green with red boots

Fox

Neutral - Black
Red – Black with red scarf
Blue – White (silent wolf)
Green – James Mccloud
Ganondorf

Neutral – Black, white, and Gold
Green – toon ganon
Red – ocarina of time
Blue - falcon
Purple – Some Super Villian

Ice Climbers

Neutral - Brawl
Green – Purple and white
Orange – black and red
Red - Mages

Jigglypuff

Neutral - brawl
Red - yellow
Blue – Lady Bow
Green – Yellow headband
Crown – Red with White crown

Kirby

Neutral - cute
Yellow - Spiritomb
Blue – Gooey
Red – angry pink
Green – some thing from a kirby game that escapes me
White - brown

Link

Neutral – Link like he looked in the cartoon
Red – I’m not sure but it looks awesome
Blue – zora link
Black – dark link
White – Fierce deity link

Luigi

Neutral –old school fire luigi
Fire - waluigi
Blue – ice luigi
Red – Some weird luigi

Mario

Neutral – fire mario
Wario - wario
Blue – shadow mario
Black – ice mario
Green – NES mario

Marth

Neutral - brawl
Red - roy
Green – all your base are belong to us
Black – a custom texture?
White – princess marth

Mewtwo

Neutral - armored
Red –red colored
Blue – freeza/cooler
Green – shiny mewtwo

Mr. Game and watch

Neutral - White
Red – light red
Blue – light blue
Green – light green

Ness

Neutral - nintenness
Bee - lucas
Blue – harvest moon?
Green – new green

Peach

Neutral – nes peach
Daisy - daisy
Blue - Rosalia
White – Black and blue
Green – Tinkerbell?

Pichu

Neutral – light?
Red - Zorua
Blue – Different goggles
Green – brawlesque with backpack

Pikachu

Neutral - brawl
Red – shiny pika?
Blue – Dark pika
Green – green with hat

Roy

Neutral - brawl
Red - black
Blue - marth
Green - ike
Gold - issac

Samus

Neutral – PED suit
Pink – fusion suit
Black – dark suit
Green – some suit
Blue (Purple) – dark samus

Sheik

Neutral - brawl
Red -
Blue - Midna
Green – Sothe
White – impa!

Yoshi

Neutral – brawl
Yellow – purple
Light Blue – brown turtle
Red - yoob
Blue - bloshi
Pink – idk what this is

Young Link

Neutral -brawl
Red – some thing like link’s red costume
Blue - Geno
White – fierce deity
Black - dark

Zelda

Neutral - brawl
Red
Blue - twilight
Green – some girl
White – light blue

nube

Smash Apprentice
has anyone thought to texture hack things like fox/falco's lasers (from red to whatever other color, blue, green, yellow, etc.)
They're not exactly textures, but yes they can be changed:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10732380&postcount=1853

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10732585&postcount=1854

Edit the files in a hex editor. If you want a colour other than the ones I provided in those examples, try out random values (maybe different combinations of 0 and F?), and you're bound to find the colour you want. Good luck!

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have the MnSlMap.usd picture for blue Final Destination that I could use ktnx =D. Also I need help inserting the eyes on marth its coming out black am I saving it wrong or what?

S l o X

Smash Champion
Along with Rykard's post, some of the character's different costumes have different stock images. Such as Cooler (DBZ Character / Mewtwo) Batman (Batman / Falcon) and some others I can't be ***** to figure out.

A lot of work / time was put into it, it's prrrrreeeettttyyyyy ****. Mind you, some of the music is :\ so put different music on it if you don't feel like listening to random songs on the stages.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Batman's stocks have are batman signs.

rapeeeeee.

Also have gotten like 10 pms already. Still copy pasta-ing so don't be afraid to drop the pm by, it's definitely worth the DL.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Along with Rykard's post, some of the character's different costumes have different stock images. Such as Cooler (DBZ Character / Mewtwo) Batman (Batman / Falcon) and some others I can't be ***** to figure out.

A lot of work / time was put into it, it's prrrrreeeettttyyyyy ****. Mind you, some of the music is :\ so put different music on it if you don't feel like listening to random songs on the stages.
haha i didnt even notice those. I know that the james mccloud fox also has a different stock image

nube

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really done much since I finished my new Rainbow FD, but here's a quick update from me.

1.) I've started putting together my "final" custom ISO, which basically consists of:
-SleepyK's ISO
-Steelia's ISO
-a whole bunch of other characters and stages that ****, which aren't in those two ISO's (for example, gold suit samus, power ranger falcon, etc. etc. etc.)
-a custom character select menu (I can't decide whether to use my blue CSS or Steelia's red CSS), which will have custom portraits for every character (i hope i don't get too lazy to do this)
-(maybe) custom stage select screen (might just use Steelia's)
Once I finish (will take a LONG while), I hope to release it to y'all :)

2.) I will start digging around in those hex files again to see if I can get any more attack colour changes.

3.) I started working on texturing "Darth Marth", but it was really crappy (i suck at texturing characters) plus I have other stuff to do (refer to point 1. lol), so I decided not to finish it lol (Spade487, you like texturing Marth, perhaps you wanna give it a try?)

pce

leffen

Smash Champion
Hmm, why cant i replace smaller files with bigger ones? Im talking about extracting files out of sleepyks .iso and use songs i've used before but now they are too big ? ( 30 mb size too D: ) any fix for this?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I know this has probably been asked already. But I dont wanna look for it.

Is it at all possible to play hacked/burned ISOs on the GC? If so, what would I need to buy?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Hmm, why cant i replace smaller files with bigger ones? Im talking about extracting files out of sleepyks .iso and use songs i've used before but now they are too big ? ( 30 mb size too D: ) any fix for this?
Well I'm not as sexy as sleepy, but I had a probleme with that too.

All you have to do is use gc rebuilder and rebuild the entire iso, it should work then. :ohwell:

smakis

Smash Ace
extract your entire iso, extract files from sleepys iso that you want, copy these files to your extracted iso, rebuild it.

LuCKy

Smash Master
steelieas iso is awesome lol but just wondering. is it still like sleepyk's? where i can use those long music tracks? music? im guessing not sadly T.T

LuCKy

Smash Master
HOLYYY crap . . . after re reading the last page when i wasnt dead tired. . . i had no idea you could extract files from one iso and use them on another >____________>

lol rapeskies

smakis

Smash Ace
you can do a lot of messing around, wouldnt it be possible to say... insert all sheiks dat files from a pal iso into a ntsc iso to make her pal? =)

also lucky it's easy to fix steelias to have long songs, extract the iso, sort by size, replace all stagesongs/other unused sounds except for the ones you want with that small soundfile (make a bunch of copies). Then you do the same for the video files, your ultimate goal is to replace all big files that are never used (like the how to play stage/sound) with smaller files to make room for longer songs.

LuCKy

Smash Master
well i just extracted the textures i didnt have from steelias then added them to my own :D

but does sleepy or anyone esle actually have the captain america victory audio? with that team america song lol

nuro

Smash Lord
Where is sleepy's iso?

A texture/sound pack would be incredible.

edit- nvm, i got my iso with almost every hack in it. :D

The only thing I would like to request is if someone could put together all the files for the character select screen. Can someone please explain to me how I make these TGA files go into the ISO file? http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9368515&postcount=819

Can someone provide me with a MnSlChr.usd file with most of the new character portraits? I don't want to use my time in the hex editor..

Also, when I add in my own music the volume is really low. Even when I try to record at max volume and using two separate left and right mono files it is still low volume on the actual game..

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Hey umm...
Is there a way to get to the Debug Menu while hacking? I'm currently downloading the Melee ISO, but I don't wanna waste my time and then BAM! No debug...
So please tell me!

Also, all the apps needed are not working, CIOS says: Error (-1) or something like that, the other two freeze the game once loaded.

Top Bottom