• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

nube

Smash Apprentice
lol I'll test it sometime to see whether it works or freezes the game. But what I want is this:

im almost to found shine's offets... i think

edit : sry for double post

edit 2 :

effing Qual didn't say where the shine offsets were around before he disappeared :(

Rykard

Smash Ace
Does Steelia's iso come with audio hacks or just texture hacks?

Are any of the pre-hacked melees not audio hacked?
Steelia's has audio hacks on it for all of the stages that are tournament legal i believe. I haven't really checked the other ones out. If you do not want audio hacks but want the textures, i think you can replace the audio on the ISO with the original ones from a raw ISO.

And if you are referring to the character audios such as the captain america one that was made, i think the only characters that have changed sounds are fox and falco

Steelia

Smash Champion
And if you are referring to the character audios such as the captain america one that was made, i think the only characters that have changed sounds are fox and falco
(US) Fox
(US) Falco
(US) Ness
(US) Ganondorf
(US) Luigi
(US) Young Link
(US) Jigglypuff
(US) Samus

(JP) Peach
(JP) Mewtwo
(JP) Bowser
(JP) Roy

~Those are all the Audio that have been tampered with on the custom I released... In the cases of Ness, Young Link, and Samus, some minor to moderate audio editing. (Most of the Japanese stuff's a bunch of W.I.P. ;) ...or was, till the Wii got better. >': )

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The character noises I don't really care about its the stage audios that I care about.

And yea I could just replace the audio stuff... but I dunno just wanted to see if I can be uber lazy.

koopa222

Smash Rookie
I need some help getting the melee ISO to load. On the wii when I load the CIOS I select something then my wii freezes. I think it may have downloaded but I am not sure. Also when I load MIOS I am presented with a black screen, with nothing on it, and my wii freezes. Any help

nuro

Smash Lord
All in One ISO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOBWo6AaY1U

1) all songs listed are 14:02 long and the same file so they are
interchangeable.

2.) Some music for banned stages that SleepyK missed such as icemt, venom, flatzone, etc are now fixed.

3.) Onette and Jungle Japes SSBM have no audio. I couldn't replace their files even with GCBuilder. Some of the alternates stage musics are unchanged.

4.) Some of the portraits on the character select screen are not actual textures but most of them are.

Download:
email / pm me. ericjlima@gmail.com

Guide to Burn ISO & Setting up Wii:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10210090&postcount=1496

Guide to Rebuilding ISO:
http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/beginners-guide/

Audio Hacking Tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npTerHmcwzI&feature=watch_response

Let me know if you guys have questions.

nuro

Smash Lord
setting up your wii guide is outdated, use mine instead.
Done.

Btw, can you either put the link to the ISO in your automated email or tell me how to automate my emails?

What is Smashboards policy for releasing a link to the download of the iso? I have a link to it in the YouTube video but I'm not sure if that is against the terms of agreement. Having a link to a link?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'll put the link in my email.
you can't link directly to the iso... i think the yt thing should be ok.

nube

Smash Apprentice
WHERE IS GREEN RANGER FALCON???
lol....I don't think anyone made one. I wouldn't add more than one ranger tho even if there was a green ranger cuz there are too many good c.falcon costumes. lol yet another side project I have to do is to texture...

Kratos Falcon

Kratos texture on Captain Falcon was just meant to be - both have similar shoulder plates, gloves, boots/leggings, body shape and size, and both are super manly beasts

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
I need some help getting the melee ISO to load. On the wii when I load the CIOS I select something then my wii freezes. I think it may have downloaded but I am not sure. Also when I load MIOS I am presented with a black screen, with nothing on it, and my wii freezes. Any help
anyone?
i'm having similar problems

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I'm looking for the location of:

Character select screen (I think MnSlchar) *MnSlchar.usd?
Stage select screen (I think MnSlmap) *MnSlchar.usd?
Character select portraits
Stock Icons

lol....I don't think anyone made one. I wouldn't add more than one ranger tho even if there was a green ranger cuz there are too many good c.falcon costumes. lol yet another side project I have to do is to texture...
Nonsense! There must be a captain falcon power ranger ISO!

Rykard

Smash Ace
i think the difficulty lies in getting a team friendly texture set with captain falcon. for most people, the blood falcon is pretty much the same as the one the game has so the red ranger is an obvious choice for that costume. And nothing currently exists for green falcon as far as i know so it's the first thing that comes to mind. Plus, tommy was always the best anyways

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
anyone?
i'm having similar problems
If you're desperate and on 4.1 or lower;

1. Reformat your Wii

2. Follow the guide at http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html

3. Run the MIOS Patcher ONLY that's provided in the "Setting up your Wii" part on Page 1 of this thread. Don't install the cIOS38 r14 provided, since you'll have already installed cIOS38 r17 when following Step 2.

If you're on 4.2+ , Iunno. I just know this method works from setting up two friends in the past week to play texture hack ISOs.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Neutral - Some awesome ranger, kind of up for grabs
Green - Green Ranger
Fancy - White OR Pink Ranger
Black - Black Ranger
Blood - Red Ranger
Light Blue - Blue Ranger

Falcondorf is the only green falcon texture I'm aware of.

LuCKy

Smash Master
nr is definitely that pimp suit lol no way you can not use it

black is and always be batman

red is now red ranger and its amazing

blue is captain american

green for now is the gannon texture but im hoping to switch that to white and get green ranger on green

and someone at apex told me that there was a grene ranger falcon lol its out there!

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Lol of course you can mix and match your textures, but that would be dope if there were power ranger colors for each Falcon color, regardless if they were used or not. Just for funsies.

Speaking of which, where is that red ranger texture? I thought I downloaded the right link and it's still the pinstripe suit.

Rykard

Smash Ace
i have neutral as ronald mcfalcon. too good to pass up

btw i'm getting windows 7 on my mac soon so i will hopefully be able to start helping out with this stuff!

SleepyK

What do you mean, export the entire movie as jpgs? you can if you want, i guess.
I made an intro video hack if you're interested.

SleepyK

you know, tai had that same problem. i'm not sure why... it works fine for me.

nube

Smash Apprentice
If anyone has the texture pack for pink/white Falcon, can you please upload it? I'ma add Kratos Falcon to the collection of epic falcons:

Also, about the green ranger - Ghetto made the red ranger falcon, so it would make sense that the green ranger was made by him, if it even exists. Someone should ask him or something

Neutral - Some awesome ranger, kind of up for grabs
Magna Defender anyone? :)

you know, tai had that same problem. i'm not sure why... it works fine for me.
i got the iso i had to work now, idk what was wrong last time.

think im gonna start working on some more characters soon

EDIT: It wont let me save my textures as tga files after i index them.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I am really bad with computer stuff. I mean really bad. I can not get the textures for the project 64 to work. However I just got a bunch of blank game cube disks. I wish to try to burn a texture hack (I will try once again I am awful with computers.) to a game cube disk, however the instructions say how to do it with a wii. I do not own a wii. Does any one know how to burn an texture hack on a blank game cube disk with out the usage of a wii?
Copied from the texture thread, Some one said I might get a better answer if I posted here.

Codi

Smash Ace
this has probably asked a lot in this thread but i think i have one of the newer versions of the wii and when i try to download/install the cios/miospatcher on homebrew it just freezes whenever i try downloading it anyway around this or am i screwed to not be able to texture hack forever =[?

nube

Smash Apprentice
Another honourable mention is this audio hacks guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10414332&postcount=1656

And while we're on the topic of helpful stuff, if you don't have this thing downloaded, GET IT NOW ppl: http://www.tayo.fr/download/thumbplug-tga

It lets you preview .tga files. It's SUPER useful, and is a must-have for anyone dabbling in texture hacks. The site is in French, but you don't really need to read anything, just click the green arrow to download.

Um, I think that's it for links, GodFed did a good job with links to resouces in the first post of this guide.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
While making an intro video the cmd.exe popped up with a bunch of errors:::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THP file Version is 1.1000
ERROR: Y resolution is not a multiple of 16! THP may not decode correctly
ERROR : Can't convert [m 0001.jpg] file to THP (2201)
ERROR : Can't write video data (1259)
ERROR : Fail to execute THPUtyCreateTHP().
WARNING : Errors occurred while converting to THP.
Please check for error messages above!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know what they mean and what I have to do to fix it?

Edit: Nvm, I fixed it. It seems the video has to be incredibly small. :/

Here is the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOF8zp2JWxA

Cerathil

Smash Rookie
hey guys, its cerathil... i successfully attempted to do audio hacks like 4 months ago, and i just thought id try doing some of these csps. heres some that i did... enjoy!

also, does any1 know how to do the roster icons... i tried steelias roster icon pack but i dont understand how to use it

nube

Smash Apprentice
Cool CSPs, cerathil. I really like the Zelda/Shiek CSP idea.
(A very minor suggestion I would give you regarding CSPs is that you don't always have to select the very edge of the character, but just near the edge, in order to avoid the white pixels at the edges, if that makes any sense)

As for roster icons, I havent meddled with them yet, but would guess that they work very much like CSPs - just replace the image, index, convert to TPL, and hex into MnSlChr.usd

Regarding the ISO that I was working on...I thought I could ease off for a while, as Nuro recently released his ISO, and it is pretty updated and stuff. I'm leaving on friday for a week, but when I get back, I'll try my best to get it done asap. There's definitely gonna be some sweet stuff on it.

Top Bottom