• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
That's not fair. I've been following this thread all day, slowly hand crafting the finest post I can: a quality post that lives up to the high standard that Team Ben brand posting has been known for. And then Wife of all people comes in and steals all the thunder.
Yeah my hype is all burned up.

Too laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Oro.

Dang, Team Ben. It's been a long while.

Hax

Smash Champion
yo Kish, remember the last time we saw each other in 06 and i told you i wasn't gonna make it to FC6? it's time for me to make up for that

there shouldn't be brawl at this tourney >.>

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
For a bigger melee turnout, I think it's important to run brawl. Not that I like brawl (quite the opposite actually), it's just that all the biggest tournaments for melee since 09 have had brawl as well. Genesis 1/2, Apex 2010/12, Pound 4/5. Sure there have been a few melee tournaments with a 150+ entrants since brawl's release, but all the really big 200+ tournaments have been brawl/melee. I don't think that's a coincidence either, because there's a lot of people who play both games, and also brawl players that are interested in melee but wouldn't dish out the cash to go to a melee only tournament.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, no its not coincidence heh, its the fact that there hasnt been a melee only national since brawl has come out 0_o....not saying thats a bad thing...but no duh there isnt 300+ melee tournaments, i mean, simple look back at mlgs show melee got capped each and every time at what? 256 or something>?

but really, more ppl means more venue fee, which is going to go to making the tournament even bigger/better. its a win win.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I just realized... I need a partner for this. Who wants to team with the soon-to-be best in the Midwest (after my hardcore training, nobody will stand before me!)?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
just make sure everyone gets those 2-3 days off for this. Going to put that into effect now so I can go to this without issues.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
let them know you are either

- going on a vacation
- need time off to visit friends/family ( smashers are a family )

if it comes to it...say " i have an emergency and must take off Monday Tuesday Wed " or depending on your schedule Sat and Sunday as well

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Midwest: I have one request. Please get Dope and NeedleofJuntah to go to this. Those are my homies lol

D

Deleted member

If you're unhappy once things get posted up, feel free to voice it then. Until then, not much point in arguing.
Once things get posted up, Brawl will probably be in there. You don't wait to get the virus and then fix it because the damage has already been done. It is simply better to get the vaccine well in advance.

I just realized... I need a partner for this. Who wants to team with the soon-to-be best in the Midwest (after my hardcore training, nobody will stand before me!)?
Yeah but you're still midwest.

/burn

Bing

Smash Master
When I ask for time off, I simply tell them Im going to a smash tournament(My managers are gamers)

However if they are not as chiil, go with "family matters" "Vacation" options.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It was stated that the venue was a lot cheaper on these dates than Thursday -> Saturday

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
yo Kish, remember the last time we saw each other in 06 and i told you i wasn't gonna make it to FC6? it's time for me to make up for that
This will totally make my weekend. Hax, I will totally let you get revenge for six years ago if you come. I can't even imagine what you will look like now that you're like of age instead of 12 (approximately).

I always knew you'd get awesome.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Why do the old melee guys still have a huge stick up their *** about Brawl? The ONLY times Brawl and melee have not coincided together is when a super melee-biased person is running the tournament (Plank). Apex has run fine with both events. Melee got 300+, Brawl got 400. The tournament was still finished in three days including singles and doubles. There is never any reason to not run a side by side tournament unless you are purposely setting up Brawl to fail; which I refuse to believe the Kishes will do. The Kishes will do a great job, as they always have.

Ship, it depends on how big of a Brawl turn out you want, but this could be as big of a Brawl tournament as Melee. It just depends on how you advertise it and what your aims are. You should not take the opinions of people who are like-minded as Trail. Brawl and Melee has been fine together.
bro ur already close to losing your midwest card by supporting that nub shiz, only reason u still got it is cuz sliq was ur boi back in the day. his awesomeness is hiding the fact that u think brawl belongs at the big boy table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom