• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Picking up Melee for this tournament.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Is Iggy going to be there?

Cause if Iggy's going to be there I don''t know.

That guy's sketchy as hell.
Not sure, we haven't told him about this yet.

Also, just to set expectations, this will NOT be held at the FC church. But trust me when I say that this venue will be awesome, maybe even more awesome.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Awesome is good, although I will miss the Church for old-time's sake.

I hope the new facilities will also be able to handle side rooms for dodgeball and such.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Not sure, we haven't told him about this yet.

Also, just to set expectations, this will NOT be held at the FC church. But trust me when I say that this venue will be awesome, maybe even more awesome.
Hey, I did leave a message on his phone.

Also, we ran 64 smash at FCD (kind of). Guess I'm surprised at the number of people that are surprised we would have a Brawl event tacked on as well. Though it will need to be scheduled better than Smash 64 was (and will be).

KishPrime

BRoomer
I'll tell you what it isn't - April Fools. We already did that for MELEE-FC2: Fools Rush In. You can only use it so many times...

Dang I loved Flame of Bowser 5: Flame of Bowser 6.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Oh, this is probably what you called me about yesterday. Whoops.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Hey, I did
Also, we ran 64 smash at FCD (kind of). Guess I'm surprised at the number of people that are surprised we would have a Brawl event tacked on as well. Though it will need to be scheduled better than Smash 64 was (and will be).
the difference is 64 is legit, brawl is a disgrace to all we know and love about smash.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
There have been issues with big tournaments having both brawl and Melee that I would rather not see taint my FC nostalgia

Coming though

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
Why do the old melee guys still have a huge stick up their *** about Brawl? The ONLY times Brawl and melee have not coincided together is when a super melee-biased person is running the tournament (Plank). Apex has run fine with both events. Melee got 300+, Brawl got 400. The tournament was still finished in three days including singles and doubles. There is never any reason to not run a side by side tournament unless you are purposely setting up Brawl to fail; which I refuse to believe the Kishes will do. The Kishes will do a great job, as they always have.

Ship, it depends on how big of a Brawl turn out you want, but this could be as big of a Brawl tournament as Melee. It just depends on how you advertise it and what your aims are. You should not take the opinions of people who are like-minded as Trail. Brawl and Melee has been fine together.

Tink

Smash Hero
yoooo, brawl sucks :/....ussss melee ppl can deal with it, but u gotta understand it from our stand point....
we dont like your game...your game ruined the rest of the series for us :/. we will allllllways be salty brawl wasnt melee 2.0, like it should have been. then we would be having a 600 person tournament/.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This is awesome watching the hype that this thing is generating!

Though I'm a Brawl only player, I respect the hell out of Melee and I'd try to come even just to spectate and experience an FC.

That said, hoping for a good brawl turnout.

Tink

Smash Hero
the best part of that montage is husbands white guy dance at the end....that part has me rolling everyyyytime i see it =D.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Dang I thought we are all Smash brothers, yo.

I hate playing Brawl competitively, but I don't hate Brawl players. I don't really like competitive 64 either.

The first of many KishPrime "Shrugs"

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Solution: Just scrap Brawl and add PM lol.

JK, but there are several of us PMBRers interested in coming to this.

First legit Project:M tourney?

Edit: 100% confirmed for this. I'll have the whole day after to get home before classes start back.

D

Deleted member

i'd like to scrap brawl too. i might go so far as to say we should openly welcome mario kart 64 setups or at least games other people will enjoy. having brawl is just going to be sponsoring a game that 2/3rds of your attendance will hate: all of the melee players, and about a third of the actual brawl players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom