• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
I used Zelda for low tier Jei except Leisha ***** me with Ness in game 1 and mindgamed me in game 2 XD.

Then I fought attila because Edge won D:, I must have Lightning Kicked his Lucas like 5 times and he was still alive.

Thanks Luke, I wasn't actually Glide Tossing properly though because I threw it forward while sliding back XD, which is bad I guess, I think so anyways.

I still can't do B-Reverse with C4, BROOKLYN RAGE :(, I like learning cool stuff with characters <3.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i'll try to remember everyone:

don: your donkey kong is **** scary, gratz on doubles and 3rd in singles
luke: 'nade game is insane, nice meeting you and hope you come down again next year
devil: i feel like a dancing blade ***** :<, see you next time
bryan: were you sandbagging me in pools, because if you went peach you probably could've won
mfrek: i thought i was going to lose until those SDs, this was the first time i'd seen you since april and your improvement suprised me
mezer: i hadn't seen you before but i think if you keep on coming you could start to place pretty well, got some potential
rhys: thanks for teaming with me, i thought i wasn't going to have a partner. at least we won one game, eh?
danyle: i probably spelt that wrong, but you're actually pretty decent for your first tournament, keep brushing up and come again one day
paladinight: marth's pretty good man, see you again soon
abhi: nice friendlies, you got some talent
splice: i've beat you like once ever with marth, i think it's time to whip out ganon again next time i see you :D
viva: if ganon didn't kill like 100% earlier than mario i'd've had no chance in our low tier matches, you know what's goin' on. really well done making it out of pools
atlas: you get a bad rep on here... i thought you were pretty cool
condog: nice seeing you, you're a pretty awesome guy

attila you are overrating me, the only place i'll ever come top 10 in is low tier :V

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey hey, I think your cool dean, dont go wrecking it with stuff like this though "atlas: you get a bad rep on here... i thought you were pretty cool" his rep isnt from smash boards, its from after we've met him irl.

also jei I used link and mario in low tiers.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure i used ice climbers in singles more than ted used wolf... but whatever. im the most powerful player lol. 21% ftilts will do that i suppose :D

tedeth

Smash Master
Well Attila I prefer some matchups with Wolf and some with Wario.

I played Wolf against Splice, Jei and D0N.

I played Wario against Dekar, you and Tibs.

So I played them pretty evenly overall. In retrospect I prolly should've played Wolf against Dekar aswell. Wasn't really necessary but it would have been the smart idea from a purely strategic point of view.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nah ted i would have smashed your wolf, seriously, wario was the boring but safe way to go

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
hey pezza,
were you the guy i teamed with at rocky?

if so, hi! :D

slashing my wrists for not going on sunday : \

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody complained x, one person asked a question

but i do have a complaint
i didn't get don's autograph

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Venue hire was three times regular amount and we both lost more than 100 each to run this. I suggest people stop complaining. We run the best monthlys in Australia with some of the most consistent high pots aswell.
Its really just scott complaining, It didn't bother me at all really, i don't care about the moneys, still was fun =)

I really need to motivate myself to do shoutouts >_<

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think melee and brawl should merge and make up bi-monthlys. this would help the crossover between the two scenes, and allow everyone to play their game twice a month. running could be split also, id be prepared to help once im back in aus. because of time constraints, we could do like brawl + melee singles with brawl doubles one fortnight, and swap brawl doubles for melee doubles the next time. could work, and i think it would be a great way of getting more brawl/melee interest and provide larger turnouts.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Everyone dumb enough to say I complained stfu. I asked a question and it was answered responsibly by X. Sorry that you and Jei lost money guys.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well from what I read scott it was the only thing I heard about pots, I might have missed a couple of pages that could've discussed the prize pot. So there's no reason to get all fired up. =S And dumb probably wouldn't be the best word to describe it as because we can all talk fine =)

Anyways. ima do my shoutouts tonight, after dinners

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Shoutouts

Brahs

X: my man, we run one hell of a tournament (most of the time).

Jack: Pick up a new main imo lol. It's true, I kicked you out of almost every tournament. Let's get drunk.

Cao: I know how much you hate it but it still means alot when you show up to our tournaments. Much love.

Vermy: Thanks for the PT practice, it paid off against Toby. Most likely be seeing you soon.

Dekar: Still best team I reckon. We just got carried away with filling your bucket. Next time (if you ever play Brawl again).

VIC

Viva: Such close matches in Low Tier, always great fun playing against you.

DanLe: At least I learnt a little bit more about Zelda's usmash. Spam = win.

Paladin: Always fun when you show up at tournaments. Keep comin' and try to bring Sonthor next time.

NSW

Tedeth: I hope I gained some kind of respect when I played you in the bracket. Although you probably sandbagged...plus I was lucky with that shield-poke...I dunno I felt I did ok lol. GGs.

D0N: Dw I hate my Pit aswell. Pit just has alot of multi-hit moves and DK is just so big, it's hard to not connect with an attack lol. Great Fox though I should of had something to counter that. I'm honoured my tournament will be your last Aus. tourney :p

Shaya: Thanks for doing pretty much all of the seeding of both Pools and Brackets. I should be fine by myself from now on with the stuff you taught me.

Toby: Lol Yoshi. You probably shouldn't of mentioned he has a 0%>death combo on Squirtle and I probably wouldn't of figured it out mid-game. Still it was great seeing you again, you're pretty awesome.

Meteor Master: My love for you died a little bit after what you did to me in Crews. My fault it happened but still. Your epic moments still wow me.

Luke: I don't really have a shoutout for you because we didn't vs or talk much or anything but thanks for coming again? lol. Always welcome here.

So I'm still deciding whether to continue on for next year or not. My fiance and daughter will need to be considered along with me being fired from my job recently will play into some inevitable money problems...
But my love for the Smash scene is strong and my ability to attempt to do everything at once regardless of the situation still stands so it might be that I will in fact be in charge of STIGMA-B 2010 with X.

I'm aware that Vermy and Condog are trying to run their own series of tournaments and that's great but if X and I decide to go ahead with another season it will once again be our own thang. Like this year, I turned down the offer to join Couch Warriors in order to run Brawl exclusive tournaments at our own pace instead of going by the time and dates of CW and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't want it any other way.
So while we do our thing, obviously everyone else is free to do their thing but we won't be merging anything with anyone, it's just the way we prefer it I guess.

That being said, I greatly appreciate everyone attending and enjoying our tournaments over the year. Mostly new faces it seems STIGMA-B 2009 has created a brand new scene on it's own and I can only hope all of you will stay while more and more new faces show interest.
The Melbourne Smash scene has the potential to grow enormous, even though it appears we are already the largest. I just hope I'm still around when the scene explodes like Melee did in 2005. It's bound to happen in the next couple of years.

Toby.

Smash Master
So I'm in the middle of getting mega ***** by work. I'm working 10 hour days and am extremely tired. So I'm going to go to sleep, and I'll try and write shoutouts on sunday or something.

Since I always forget about shoutouts: wubs.

So if I forget to post somethings just pretend I sent you all individual wubs.

Take it easy guys

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
iwent past chiba station lastnight... and now i am in central tokyo ... attilaaaaaaaaaaa!

!

:c

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I usually don't do shoutouts,

but

Shaya pretty much ran Pools and Singles lawl.
Hell NO I DIDNT.

We run the best monthlys in Australia with some of the most consistent high pots aswell.
HELL NO... YOU DIDENT.

-

Thanks for the Pikachu Jei, thanks for being a champ, and I'm glad you got some of the finer points of it, and don't be afraid to ask in the future.

Thanks for the love CAO, thanks for being a champ, and I'm glad you got some of the finer points of gambling, and don't be afraid to ask in the future.
****ING DON'T POISON THE WATER. WHAT ****ING DUMB *** ***** HITS ON 17!? FUARRRRRRRRK.

Thanks for being the win Meteor and Luke, thanks for being a champ, and I'm glad you got some of the finer points of pwning Melbourne, and we'll do it again in the future.

D0N - Yeah, bit of an odd set. I was pretty screwed after losing the first match thanks to the stage list anyway, lol. And nah, Kadaj can't hurt my feelings; he believes he is the best WHITE MARTH, like wtf is that. Party hard this weekend. You're a legend.

Keep sassy Melbourne.

I've been catching up on the minus 24 hours of sleep the train gave me (and then some, probably more like 72 hours) the past few days. And I'm probably gonna be disappearing this weekend. So All the vids, especially the crewz battlez will hopefully be going up from Monday or something.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I won $5 for third in Melbourne.

$20 in Sydney, hate to disappoint you thar Jei. Sydney's pot is bigger.
Wait so let me get this straight, you claim that your not complaining and merely asking a question. Call everyone who said you were complaining stupid and now make a post complaining that you get more money in Sydney's pot.

Also just out of curiosity how much do you Sydney guys pay for a venue out of your own pocket?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Tak, is also stupid. Read Shaya's post first, you'll notice that I was just giving an example of something Shaya said.

Not to mention you just attemped to relate two entirely different situations.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lets not fight and share the love =D ~ okay so scott was just asking a question, we should just drop it and let it go by nows.

Conors new avatar scares me, clowns scare me, i also found a picture of PT's booty on my wii... Who took the photo?!?! >=O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom