• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also because when i get angry irl i get violent, best to not do that.
LOL, last time you tried to do that you tackled ted and he owned you so hard.
inb4Iwasonlymuckingaround

anyways there are plently of people that would stop your said violent quite easily, like me for a start.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Luke, considering I was only mucking around with him and the fact and I didnt even try to put him to the ground, that statement has not merit whatsoever.

I didn't say no one would try to stop me. I'd count on that if it did happen. I may have anger problems but I'm not nasty for no reason.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Calling it means jack all. you can call anything just to make sure someone cant defend themself. dont join in and make me worse. I stopped until you mentioned something again, because I'd calmed myself down.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
****s gotten way out of hand, things were taken out of context and some things were misinterpreted. Leave it at that.

and please everyone try to remember that this is the internet so assume that everyone is trying to troll you for a reaction and god help you if you feed the trolls.

Its all in good lolz

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
mm jei

and also especially with brawl, if there was a tourney every 2 weeks you'd get really sick of the game as well as tourneys having no hype

a month is just enough time to think "maybe the brawl tourney will actually be fun" before being wrong yet again
haaha
I agree with this completely.
I'm still only in practice stages of melee though so brawl is all I have, haha

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol, there's a rage thread for a reason now.

But seriously, I hate you all inside of Smashboards. You're all arrogant stuck up egotistical jerks who love playing with other peoples emotions and feelings.

Especially you Splice, you're just a small ****er.

OH HO AND NOW I HOP AWAY. XD.

But SERIOUSLY. Less rage. Too much ego, not enough HAVING FUN PLAYING VIDEOGAMES like Summoner would always say.

WHY CAN'T EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYONE. Except Dekar. OH HO AND AWAY I GO.

<3 Dekar. Even though you have a massive ego.

Like me...

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Theres always going to be egos no matter what, alot of people aim to be the best. I just like to play for the lulz, hence why i dont practice brawl or read up on anything :3

Hell, the other day i only just discovered that snake can force you to drop his grenades. (thanks for showing me ricky, now i wont get pwned as bad by snake) Goes to show what i know about the game =P.

kupo

Smash Lord
I like how I was the second person to point this out and all of Melbourne is stupid enough to give me the crap for it.

Why are you all so dumb?
Do you really need a cookie to realise how f*cking stupid you are? Coming from you, that's rich.

Kill yourself.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Only 6 stages? What does this mean, for example, a 5-game set (do we get rid of Dave's Stupid Rule)? Unless I missed something...

I know my opinion doesn't count for much, but I think Pokémon Stadium, Castle Siege and (maybe) Delfino Plaza should be added to the counterpick stages.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
as the levels fall one by one, we all know that in the end there can only be one...

SMASHVILLE!!!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think the japanese stage list that we adopted might be a little strict, at least for where we're at right now. i suggest:

neutral:
fd
bf
sv

cp:
yi
lylat
delphino
cs (D)
halberd
norfair
frigate

or something similar. nothing there thats overly advantageous, and it gives a reasonable amount of variety. thinking about it, the 6 stage list means that there is only one stage not used in a gf set lol.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
i think the japanese stage list that we adopted might be a little strict, at least for where we're at right now. i suggest:

neutral:
fd
bf
sv

cp:
yi
lylat
delphino
cs (D)
halberd
norfair
frigate

or something similar. nothing there thats overly advantageous, and it gives a reasonable amount of variety. thinking about it, the 6 stage list means that there is only one stage not used in a gf set lol.
1000x this, exactly what i was thinking

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I got a question about the (DDD) banned stages. what if i won a game and my opponent wanted to CP a stage against me, and i wanted to pick DDD because its my best suited character for this situation, but he picked CS. does this mean that I cant use DDD? cos that would mean that its a free pass if your opponent didnt want you to pick DDD.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i'm not sure about frigate above pokémon stadium, the lack of a ledge really does screw over a few characters (although they can just ban it i guess). i don't really see many problems with pokémon stadium (except maybe stalling) and doesn't provide excessive advantages to many characters, i think queensland even has it as one of their five starters. up to you, i guess.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
If your going to have DDD specific stages due to the walk offs what are the reasons for Castle Seige being so much worse then Delphino?

Splice

Smash Hero
Haha you guys want to keep Castle Siege as a CP! That's pretty lol. Your gonna want PS1 in the stagelist before ypu even think of CS!

I dont see anything wrong with only having one neutral that gets banned in a GF set, imo just use the Japanese set, otherwise add in Brinstar etc. as well, you cant just put in 3 true CP's and decide they are less problematic than the rest. Japanese list is simple and just as fair as the tier of your character. Now your just customizing and its not going to make anything more fair at all, I see no point in this. Variety doesnt make it more viable.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Why must we have the Japanese stage list anyways? I preferred it back the other way, and I'm sure alot more people will agree with me.

If I wanted anything right now, I'd prefer our old stage list or the Boost stage list insted of this.

Splice

Smash Hero
Why must we have the Japanese stage list anyways? I preferred it back the other way, and I'm sure alot more people will agree with me.

If I wanted anything right now, I'd prefer our old stage list or the Boost stage list insted of this.
This.

Either use the Japanese Stage List without little changes that ruin the whole point of it, or just abandon the idea and go back to our original stage list or Boost Stage List.

_X_

Smash Lord
This.

Either use the Japanese Stage List without little changes that ruin the whole point of it, or just abandon the idea and go back to our original stage list or Boost Stage List.
Splice is almost right. I mean, the whole point of the j ap list would be defeated with additions or changes.

On that note, there's not reason Australia can't be the beach-mark. By next year we will have a defined stage-list.

Discuss away = D

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Needs more stages, I don't see why so many stages are lost. Some characters destroy on pretty much all "Neutral" stages, but are disadvantaged on most CP's (I'm looking at you IC's). Counterpicking is an artform in Smash and as such I feel we need more stages.

Also I almost cried when I tried to pick Brinstar against Tibz at STIGMA-Bryan and found out what our stage list was.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ive mentioned this before but no one seems to notice it for some reason, but

the japanese dont use a single stage list. each TO uses a self-decided stage list. the one used for stigma hybrid was a stage list used by one TO.

i think we should just run our original stage list without the stupid cps that drastically change mus (norfair, brinstar, rc, JAPES, etc). which is pretty much the list i wrote up before. all of the stages except for the super gay ones. this allows people to change mus slightly without making them (near) impossible or reliant on chance.

@j-birds: its much easier to avoid the cg on delphino (although it is still a very good d3 stage). two sections have walkoffs (one on one side only), but can both be avoided by either staying on the slants or the umbrellas/water section. cs has walkoffs on the inbetween sections and transformation 2. and given the time in between transformations has walkoffs on both sides with no obstacles and is completely flat, one grab in between transformations, on the 2 transformation, or towards the end of a transformation means one stock. much worse than delphino.

@ledge: i was thinking about that the other day. its kinda silly to say someone cant use a character they want to use, but when they pick the char on the other persons cp, they other person should be either allowed to accept that d3 with play on cs, or choose another stage from there. i think thats the fairest way to go about it. still silly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom