• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nothing more true has ever been said...ever

And Cao never before have i seen anyone so awesome suck so badly with metaknight lol
Stick to peaches and woxy's
That does it! I'm going to go Metaknight all the way next Stigma-B, watch out yall

Now I gatta train by pressing bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
hey guys,
I pulled my finger out,got a job and have been playing brawl more over the past few months,
(what else is there to do in warrnambool?)
so now I can finally get up to one of these things and use olimar,
yay.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah and like Attila he has a knack for it.

OK peeps apologies for not being active like, at all on the boards but here I am, for my weekly post lol.

Updates are in order, I'll start with what's on most people's minds about next weekend: Bonus tourney WILL be first, it WILL be a low tier tournament and unfortunately for some, it WILL be from D tier and lower.

With that out of the way, I have some breaking news: This tournament has a small complication which is that the actual venue has presented itself as unavailable for the duration of the tournament HOWEVER the Convent people have arranged it so we can use a different venue for the day.
Signage will be placed accordingly to guide everyone to the correct location and I am planning on getting there extra early (8.00) to make sure no one gets lost. (For those who attended the Melee tournament, it will be somewhere around there.)

Anyway, I was sure I had something else of importance to say but it has left my mind for now, I'll find time to post again this week if it comes back :)

_X_

Smash Lord
Yeah and like Attila he has a knack for it.

OK peeps apologies for not being active like, at all on the boards but here I am, for my weekly post lol.

Updates are in order, I'll start with what's on most people's minds about next weekend: Bonus tourney WILL be first, it WILL be a low tier tournament and unfortunately for some, it WILL be from D tier and lower.

With that out of the way, I have some breaking news: This tournament has a small complication which is that the actual venue has presented itself as unavailable for the duration of the tournament HOWEVER the Convent people have arranged it so we can use a different venue for the day.
Signage will be placed accordingly to guide everyone to the correct location and I am planning on getting there extra early (8.00) to make sure no one gets lost. (For those who attended the Melee tournament, it will be somewhere around there.)

Anyway, I was sure I had something else of importance to say but it has left my mind for now, I'll find time to post again this week if it comes back :)
I think I know where you're talking about.

We'll have to talk to them about cash money.

Convent x2 book fail (is that a combo?)

REMINDERS

Most of you already know the drill but T.Vs and Wiis are esential to the smooth operation of the tournment. The more you guys can bring the more you can play. Cables and power boards fall under the same heading.

We also need everyone to really stop playing friendlies and bring their attention to the desk Jei and I are at. Personally I really hate having to go around turning off T.Vs.

Also having the correct change is going to be a big help.

Pots and prizes:​

If you guys want a bigger pot you'll have to pay more for entry. Last monthly (Pseudo as it was) we hardly collected enough to cover venue hire and the basic pot we've been giving out. Also the bringing of T.Vs: If you guys want a bigger pot you're still going to have to pay for entry.
We don't have any sponsors here guys, it's just Jei and I, we're doing our best.

And finally: the more people you guys can bring the better!!!
Tell your friends, tell your enemies tell everyone!

Great love from X

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Lol thanks X, I went to the Convent and demanded that they search their records for your payment and they found it, sorry for hassling you about it, the fault was theirs.

But X is right people. TV's and wii's are essential. Condog provides teh power cable love and I bring like 3 power boards and 2 extension cables so we aren't in any outage of any kind in that department. But for security's sake, I'll make a list of people bringing their sh*t.

Jei - 1 TV, 1 wii
IceK - 1 TV, 1 wii
Vermy + Ugly - 3 TV, 2 wii

That's what I'm certain on at the moment anyway, feel free to add to that list.

The venue we will be using next Sunday is called the Refectory (or something) so keep that in mind if you can't seem to find your way and one more thing, I made an error in my last post: Low Tier Tournament will be from C Tier and below. My mistake...unless there is a debate on what people want...then debate away.

C Tier and below or D Tier and below...

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I miss the start of doubles rego by like 1/2 hour or so. ****, one day I'll make it.
Also Low tier is D and below, perfect its about time we started using the actual low tier of the list.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Updated front page:

SCHEDULE: obviously not going to stick to this perfectly, more of a guide if anything...might have to cancel the half-hour lunch break if time is short. Also you should notice I'm giving the Low Tier Tournament 2 hours in the morning. If it runs longer then I will have no choice but to dedicate one TV to whoever is left in the tourney and continue on with Doubles on the other TVs.

RANKING BATTLES: No modifications made here yet, just added the link for the results in Feb, March, April and May.

UPCOMING EVENTS: I have booked the Rosina Auditorium for July the 26th and August the 23rd. Just added that in is all.

I haven't updated anything regarding the venue change for this month. All I can say is that it's called the Refectory and it's on your RIGHT when you enter the Convent gates. So that would make it the opposite side of the Bakery, for those who didn't attend the Melee tournament. Tell people who probably won't see this please.

One last thing, sorry to disagree with you X but as for those who bring their TV I believe it should be free entry for Singles. It will indeed be a smaller pot but it's only fair for those who help out that much.

Anyway, please check the changes I've made to the OP when you get the chance.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
swf defines low tier as E and F tier... we should at least have something similar. we're allowing more than double the original characters if we call C tier and down 'low' tier.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
D tier for low tier. Since its borderline, to add more variety we should include it. But not C tier. If D is borderline low/mid, then C is definitively mid tier.

And yus im brining my wii and powerboards/cables for the first 6 tvs lol

About the free entry for tvs, i think i mentioned it to jei, but what about 1/2 price off per tv? That way people like ugs bringing 3 tvs still get in for free, yet we dont take excessively from the pot. And no free entry for wiis only imo. While its still appreciated, its nowhere near as hard to bring a tv.

_X_

Smash Lord
Updated front page:
One last thing, sorry to disagree with you X but as for those who bring their TV I believe it should be free entry for Singles. It will indeed be a smaller pot but it's only fair for those who help out that much.

Anyway, please check the changes I've made to the OP when you get the chance.
I agree, I was saying in the case that people argued for a bigger pot then they'd have start paying up for things like that.

At the moment, with the amount of people we're expecting, T.V and free entry is something we can afford to offer, so we will.

It's all about the lub guys, Cao styles.

EDIT:

*** and US Tier list's.

Wait... by Japan's logic... I'm just a bad player...

>_>

Note: On the US List
Sonic moved up a soaring 8 places
P.T Moved up 5
And Star Fox moved up 3

<3

JAPAN'S TIER LIST

S

MetaKnight
Snake
Falco

A

R.O.B
Diddy
Marth
Pit
Fox

B

Mr. Game & Watch,
Wolf
Toon Link

C

Ice Climbers
Olimar
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Lucario

D

Kirby
King Dedede
Mario
Lucas
Wario
Charizard

E

Zelda
Ike
Donkey Kong
Ness
Link
Luigi
Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle
Ivysaur

F

Sonic,
Bowser
Samus
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff,
Peach

G

Ganondolf

US TIER LIST​

S

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

E

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Splice

Smash Hero
The Refectory is the place i got lost in at my first Stigma, funnily enough
D tier and below is good. Will we do crews next time? Alternating would be good.

G

Ganondolf

RIGHT WHERE HE BELONGS

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
For anyone who doesn't know, Smash tournies since the beginning of time have made low tier tournaments to be anything that is Mid or Below, from I've seen and understood. I'm down with whatever

C~Dog

Smash Champion
For anyone who doesn't know, Smash tournies since the beginning of time have made low tier tournaments to be anything that is Mid or Below, from I've seen and understood. I'm down with whatever
Huh. Thats seems pretty stupid to me. Why is it called "Low Tier" if both Mid and Low characters can be played? =s

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Because low was assumed to be any character that doesn't have a fighting chance in a real tournament, which is anything below Top and High tiers. That's the logic, the name thing is pretty stupid but Low tier sounds better than mid-tier. Who the hell has a mid-tier tourney?

Afropony

Smash Lord
In Melee everyone below high tier wasn't viable but in Brawl pretty much every character is considered viable so they made low-tier tournaments only low tier characters... I think.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
... which makes less sense because it's arguable even less characters have a fighting chance in Brawl. I should really see what the SBR is doing haha

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Because low was assumed to be any character that doesn't have a fighting chance in a real tournament, which is anything below Top and High tiers. That's the logic, the name thing is pretty stupid but Low tier sounds better than mid-tier. Who the hell has a mid-tier tourney?
This end statement made me lol. But it is true.

Melee really was a high tier game, but Melee was also a game about players, Some players could have nuts skill with their character of choice and still fight really well. Best example I know of is Aniki's Link against Ken's Marth.

Brawl is very much the same, but the play styles have changed. So you might think it's different but it's not, high tiers Still dominate. However a Skilled player with their character of choice can still put up a fight and win if they are good enough

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Like Cao said, Low Tier tourneys have always been from the middle of the list and below. That is how I was introduced into Low Tier tournaments and that is pretty much what I prefer...even though from looking at the last couple of posts it is clear that people want D Tier and lower...

I guess it was like that in Melee because there were no SS, S, A, B etc. etc. it's just one big list so cutting it in half and using the bottom half seemed viable..

OK keep on mulling it over guys, think about what you want (C Tier and lower, D Tier and lower or E Tier and lower) and on the actual day of the tournament, I will ask every single person who registers what they prefer and tally up the votes.

Sound fair?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Sounds very fair. As much as I want Sonic, I'm equally confident of victory with my Falcon. And In my opinion, the only reason I came 2nd was due to match-up inexperience on most people's part. Mmhmm.

Oh, and I'll definately be bringing my Wii, and hopefully my laptop will work for more recordings (Condog, I've given up on you uploading crews so I'll do it myself =P). As for my TV, depends on if DS will be willing to take it on the drive down.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@jei: sounds fair enough. actually, just reading over the tier list, they reckon there isnt much difference after the first two tiers, so i suppose i wouldnt mind if all of those characters were included. that being said, it sounds silly to call it a low tier tourny then. next stigma, i think we should have an 'everything but awesome' tourny :D

Vermy

Smash Champion
Bottom half or D tier and lower.
If its E and F that leaves 9 characters. That sucks. And fails. Sucks + Fails = Fu....wait. >_<
Also, brawl hacks allow something called "stage freezing" which means that stages that are considereds CPs/banned are now completely neutral. Warioware and Pokemon Stadium 2 could be considered to be tourney viable. What are people's thoughts on this?

Psyche up people, and bring your A Game. Cos my PT is going to dominate singles and low tier (its widely known that I fail at doubles). I have a few new ATs up my sleeve, so watch out ;)
PSYCHE UP!
SUNDAY!
SUNDAY!
SUNDAY!
BRAWL!
BRAWL!
BRAWL!

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf, Jiggly, Falcon tourney. No Link. Link is Hax.

Also, no entrants unless you main one of those three. You're also banned from entering if it isn't Ganondorf. I think that's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom