• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I would, as long as I get them for free. Yeah? Lol.
Nah I don't think many people would pay for them, its a good idea (one I'd do if one DVD=All recordings from one STIGMA or whatever, and not too expensive) IMO but youtube is free you know.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yes actually does anyone have GBC link cable?
I have mew on my yellow too, freaking awesome. I also have super glitch on my crystal lol, it turned my char into a girl for some unknown reason.
I has one, ill bring it along with me on sunday xD ill have a look for it soonies though since im unsure of its actual location D; its somewhere though lolol

I need to save up some money too, im running out... sadness X_X

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I could bring my Level 60ish Electric Team on Leaf Green (The Secret to Defeating me is A ground Team with atleast one Electric to take down my Blastoise)... I was training them up once cause I Took the Place of an Electric gym leader some time ago.

And Tanman, you'll need to have better then Mediocre Skill if you want to be charging for DVD's imo.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
So your plan is to get smashed on saturday, show up with a hangover on sunday and get smashed in the tourney while playing smash? =P

Edit: Just realised that this post was like 2 pages ago... I am way too tired... =/
Thats how we've played every other tournament why should this one be any differnt?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It's a very special and magical, fantastical day today. It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!! =D
As a birthday present will people let me win the tourny?
Zomfg happy birthday =) although good luck getting people to do that XD, should of done that on my birthday haha..

so yeah ill bring all mah pokemanz stuff =D should be awesomezors, hopefully my new mains do something decent in this tourney ;3 (probably not ahaha)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*cough*

well, if 50 people showed up I'd hope a prize pool of at least $126.225 would beh up for grarbz.

Then there's the flights... oh god

wait I mean *cough*cough*.

Btw, I hear some nooby Diddy Kong got 13th last Stigma? :D <3 t13bs.

tibs7

Smash Champion
btw, i hear this nooby diddy kong beat the best player in sydney, what does that say about sydney mmmm.....

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But how many noob diddys have beaten me who others have been able to beat with ease?

All of them.

*sigh at diddy*

I'll beat you this time if I go t13bs.

Actually, you said if I mentioned t13bs again, you'd come up to Sydney to beat me!

You have 7 days.

tibs7

Smash Champion
well you should beat me since marth does kill diddy.
actually after this week of work i should have a decent amount of sponduli, if attila goes i will go.
but no, i dont think you will beat me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
and then beats attila (whom you lost too) and then chris, must have been some fluke.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Why do people insist on spamming this thread /sigh

Shaya stop aggravating everyone lol. If you're coming, start trash-talking after you beat Tibz and Attila. And yes, the pot should be bigger than last time.

Someone convince me to go to CAO's movie meet tomorrow night, otherwise I will have no motivation :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Must have been a fluke of you to beat Attila and Chris too, considering none of us got 13th at our next tournament; hell, all of us have WON a tournament since then :)

And I love tibs. Don't worry Jei.

And what do you mean by 'should' Jei?

tibs7

Smash Champion
it will be bigger as there is school holidays, $2.50 increase in price, and less people will getting a free entry.
So no doubt it will be a bigger pot

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I can't predict the amount of people who show up, last tourney we had exactly enough entrants to produce a $20/$10/$5 pot split which is more or less the same as every other month. Given we allowed equipment suppliers in for free and we had less people due to it being on a Saturday...erago, it should be a bigger pot this month.

I'm aware you and Tibz aren't really at each others throats, I'm not ********.
I just think the bickering could be directed to a chat-program or a different thread, quit teh spammage puh-leaze.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally bringing Jump. Should be fun, apart from my lack of practice and lameness at Jump. And hey, just offering. But yeah, if I record all of next Stigma it should all fit... as I said, it'd only be for like, a buck, lol.

And I totally have better than Mediocre skill, I just lack the tools, DS. =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I have typed, signed, accounts of people saying they prefer this over POGEMOONZ.
:p

Oh, and singles is $7.50 entry now? No free entry for equipment providers? School Holidays? I love CAO and I love brawl+?

And flights to Melbourne are only like $80 return...

tibs7

Smash Champion
haha looks like shaya is on his way to melbourne, bring TOBY this time!!!

@tanman: yeah i will buy it =) a like the DVD idea. With jump, i am so noob, but i love it, so yes bring it!!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'll admit that any topic is better than Pokemon talk I guess.
The price of entry never changed, I don't know where that information came from :confused:

Price for singles is $5 per person, price for teams is $5 per team ($2.50 each)
TV suppliers, I have forgotten what we decided on that...half-price I think? I honestly don't remember...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Perhaps a suggestion:

$5 for venue fee (any excessiveness goes into a 'smash bank' or refunded or you buy drinks for everyone with it or whatever)
$5 for singles
$2.50 per player for doubles

General tournaments in ACT, NSW, and QLD have been around $15 entry for a while now; Adelaide has it at $9 [for general entry].

Too much of a culture shock to increase it? maybe.

Oh, nothings confirmed yet... I have to consider whether its worth paying like $100+ to go to melbourne instead of earning $100+ from working on the same day... :|

tibs7

Smash Champion
my mistake jei! sorry.
well im all for the 2.50 increase, either way it will be a larger cash prize.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@tibz: d*mn you and your tournament winning confidence.

@shaya: I don't mind your suggestions, venue fee is a good idea for getting that venue hire money back and allowing a much, much larger pot for singles.

But it's what the people want. I don't want to be the one to ask for another $5 for the day, maybe our cheaper entry fees compared to the other states make our tournaments better than the rest =P

@everyone: I don't know why I let Shaya influence my decisions, but go ahead and debate; $5 venue entry fee or no?

tibs7

Smash Champion
hahaha jei it wasnt meant to come out like that.....anyway, yes shaya's idea ftw.

Afropony

Smash Lord
it will be bigger as there is school holidays, $2.50 increase in price, and less people will getting a free entry.
So no doubt it will be a bigger pot
School holidays might mean that people will be going away instead of having more time though:S But I guess the extra money on the entry would definitely increase the pot.
How are the next load of videos coming along?

EDIT:$5 entry fee is good if it goes to the pot.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Meh, it doesnt bother me i guess, although it would only benefit the good players xD.. But then again this could give others the motivation to step up their game and improve.

So yeah i dont really mind whether the fee is increased or not, its up to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom