• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
I'm in need for some practice as well. Where abouts do you live vermiis? I live in North Carlton, we can have an online game sometime. =) (that is, if I can get over my fear of Brawl's terrible online gameplay...)

Also, I have a design idea: Black tank top with the STIGMA-B logo on the front, and then on the back, it says:

Viral
Immortal Beastman
*Insert picture of Wolf doing his howling taunt here*

Would that be possible?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think ill order a tshirt too... not too sure of a design yet...

oh yeah, has voting been done for a low tier tournament? i wanna pwn with lucas...

Vermy

Smash Champion
TO ALL WANTING TO ORDER TSHIRTS AND/OR HOODIES, CONTACT ME VIA MSN OR MOBILE.
DARKVERMIIS@HOTMAIL.COM
Apparantly Jei has been receiving the orders and ideas. I'm the guy to talk to about them, as I get them made and design them myself. So if you wanna cut out the middle man, get a hold of me. ;-)

Also, I'm effing exhausted. Spent the whole day at melb showgrounds for the Soundwave Festival. Desperately needing a burger and a bed. Preferably both. That would be sex right about now.

Attila_

BRoomer
lol, youre commitment will lessen as the year goes on... you coming to the next one, cobalt? im looking forward to a rematch...

Vermy

Smash Champion
I gotta say Cobalt, I admire your determination.
Save your glory for your ENTER score rather than brawl. =)
There's always school holidays to kick all our arses. =p

(Plus it leaves more chances of making top 10!)

P.s. I got my burger. And it was delishus.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i vow to beat cobalt in both brawl and vce, with no brawl and no study whatsoever
i already have the good looks covered anyway, amirite

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I won't be able to make this Month's tournament - Forumla One

*dons the Ferrari cap*

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah imma take my Wii this month. I can't bring a tv though (im taking the train lol) so if someone else could bring a tv, that would be sweeeeeet.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
@Nix: I also live on the Sydenham line. Can you get him to add me on msn? jei.varas@gmail.com

Yeah the Ranbats list is just about ready (I have it right here ready to post.)
All I'm missing is Khoa and Toshiba's suburb. Oh and Khoa's character but I now know that =]

I guess I'll post what I have now and get it edited when I have time.
About time I start posting on the forums. Well, I live in Ivanhoe =D

(Woot, 4 points!)

Vermy

Smash Champion
A valid point Tibs.
But Supanova has much anime merch for little $ and the hot chick from Firefly and Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation.

*still debating*

I rekwire moar argumentz.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
It is interesting.
I really don't know how to enforce it but for those who didn't read deeply into that thread, this video makes me want to add the 70 ledge grabs into the STIGMA ruleset...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awI8Zz1EIE8
(apologies for the length and boringness of this vid)

But then I think, just because one player in the scene plays like that I hardly believe it's enough reason to add a whole new rule. We have debated on this already and I stand by the whole "learn ways around it" side of the argument. I guess we'll see how it progresses and decide on it later on..

Vermy

Smash Champion
Very VERY interesting. I think someone should make a poll. The Oz brawl community should have a vote about this. I agree, 70 times a match is more than enough. If that's a part of your play style, ok. But if you're grabbin the edge 70+ times a match you really arent seeing the point in playing competitively.

Yeh. Think I'll ditch Supanova. It appears to many people may cry in my absence. =3

S.D

Smash Master
I like the way Plank plays, you can just imagine the looks of disgust on his opponent's, and everyone else's, face.

Idk about the 70 ledge grab rule, but if you do choose to enforce it Jei there is a stat post match that says how many times the ledge was grabbed. It's an interesting idea but not necessarily the way to go imo. There are certainly ways around that playstyle, but you have to take some risks.

On the other hand it's near impossible to grab the ledge 70 times in a match without planking so it might be worth experimenting with...

This is one of the more controversial rules going around, and i think it's only the Japanese who have adopted it. Take a Poll JEI <3<3

Attila_

BRoomer
i reckon the japanese were definately onto something here. its pretty easy to enforce and really helps stop boring and overly repetitive play.

poll please :)

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
what? I understand why this ledgegrab rule was thought of, but it sounds silly to actually put it as a rule. :rolleyes:
I believe Jei there's always a way around it.
if people want to 'edge camp', let them. Have you thought that the reason they do this is because they panic? if they keep doing it and you get annoyed, it's to your disadvantage that you lose your train of thought from raging. Just fly off, collect your thoughts while you wait until they get bored. Besides, there's a 7 minute timer.

S.D

Smash Master
what? I understand why this ledgegrab rule was thought of, but it sounds silly to actually put it as a rule. :rolleyes:
I believe Jei there's always a way around it.
if people want to 'edge camp', let them. Have you thought that the reason they do this is because they panic? if they keep doing it and you get annoyed, it's to your disadvantage that you lose your train of thought from raging. Just fly off, collect your thoughts while you wait until they get bored. Besides, there's a 7 minute timer.
That's the whole point of planking though.

They get in front, they camp the ledge and WAIT FOR THE TIMER TO RUN OUT.

They won't get bored if that's their path to victory and oftentimes it's hard to get around without taking some risks.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Hello there. Unfortunatly i could not make it to the last set of stigma matches due to having to work. But I should be there this time round to fight.

In my experience four stock matches never take any longer then 8 minutes. Because there should be no need to stall like that. The major problem I see with something like this is determing the difference to being stuck on the edge by your opponent trying to find an oppertune moment to attack / get back om stage, or intentionally choosing to camp on the edge.

S.D

Smash Master
Aren't they both essentially the same thing...

The result is the same regardless of the intention, it's still defensive play. If you're spending that much time on the ledge for any reason the match certainly isn't going anywhere fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom