• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Is there anything I need to do with my wii if bring it? Any special settings, data stuff, etc?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Is there anything I need to do with my wii if bring it? Any special settings, data stuff, etc?
See the first post?
Waaaaaaaay back on page 1.
Copy the ruleset into your memory=3
Stage Select on Random. And on the day all matches are set to 3 stock, 8 minute time limit, No items, Team attack on.

Thats pretty much it. Nothin' special.

Also, i dont have work at all this week (til Saturday)
So i'll be taking care o all shirt designs ive been given. If anyone else wants one, nows prolly the best time to ask.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@Condog: Even though this should go without saying, just make sure everything is unlocked lol. X and I will go through to each wii before the tournament starts and set the rules individually.

@Everyone: wtf? Spam another thread with your bogus convo's.

@Everyone on another note: I'm thinking of taking Delfino Plaze and Halberd off the Starter list of stages. Just have the very, very neutral 5 stages on. Delfino because characters like Fox can't forward B onto the ledge they just go through the effing stage and die. Halberd because it's a dumb sh*t stage lol.

Discuss.

Also can I get a list of people bringing TV's, extension cables, power boards, wiis etc please?

Edit: full updated RANBATs lists are up on the OP <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@Condog: Even though this should go without saying, just make sure everything is unlocked lol. X and I will go through to each wii before the tournament starts and set the rules individually.
Of course everything is unlocked! Gawd! Give me some credit...

So should I be getting there earlier in the morning to give you time to set it up?

@Everyone on another note: I'm thinking of taking Delfino Plaze and Halberd off the Starter list of stages. Just have the very, very neutral 5 stages on. Delfino because characters like Fox can't forward B onto the ledge they just go through the effing stage and die. Halberd because it's a dumb sh*t stage lol.
Yeah that sounds cool. They never struck me as particularly neutral anyway, imo they are far better suited to CP. On Delfino, the floaty characters with lots of jumps get an advantage, and the Halberd has the same problem, with the addition of stage hazards when you land on the ship. Honestly, i don't think any level that has hazards should qualify as a Starter.

Also can I get a list of people bringing TV's, extension cables, power boards, wiis etc please?
I can't bring a tv, but I could arrange a few boards and cords, if needed.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Vermy and Ugly: 3 TVs, 2 Wiis, 2 DS with Jump Ultimate Stars. =p

and Ugz has an Xbox with SF4.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@Vermi: just checking if you got my msg about the tshirt i would like? i can reinstall msn if youd really like to talk about it :)

@Jei: agree that halberd and delfino should be reduced to counterpicks. i reckon ps should be too though. in fact, if it were up to me, this stage would also be d3 banned, cause of his infinite throws on two of the transformations (i think its only two)...

oh, and i (like condog) can bring a wii but not a tv (one tv in the house, its big and my parents would be mad) if youd like.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@Jei: agree that halberd and delfino should be reduced to counterpicks. i reckon ps should be too though. in fact, if it were up to me, this stage would also be d3 banned, cause of his infinite throws on two of the transformations (i think its only two)...
I would be in favour of making PS a CP, but then we would be left with four Starters. Unless we are happy with using an even number.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Not getting to play Shmot or Tibs yet makes Woxy sad.
I'm not sad at all, i hate peach and her float thingo......i need you to slip on bananas and not float over them -_-"

but i guess it would be a good match

Attila_

BRoomer
Not getting to play Shmot or Tibs yet makes Woxy sad.
lol we should organize something. tibs is in the city for uni 5 days a week so i dunno what his excuse is. although i dont want to use the gc control until that **** eb tourny is over. too confusing...

but yeah, some non-diddy practice before the next stigmaB would be welcome :)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
[COLOR="MediumTurquoise@Everyone on another note: I'm thinking of taking Delfino Plaze and Halberd off the Starter list of stages. Just have the very, very neutral 5 stages on. Delfino because characters like Fox can't forward B onto the ledge they just go through the effing stage and die. Halberd because it's a dumb sh*t stage lol.

Discuss.[/COLOR]
I agree with this. In my opinion the hazards in Halberd should not leave this as a nuetral stage. The only problems I really have with Delfino are the parts where you can walk off the edge and the walled parts. Although only for a limited time, these small parts give an advantage to Marth, Dedede etc.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@Siyro: Most likely the occasional few that live just outside Melbourne will be there. No out of staters though. This tournament isn't anything major. I leave the major tournaments up to Caotique. That's when smashers from all over the place come down to Melbourne :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm sure if Cobalt asked me to come I'd sprint to melbourne if need be ^_^

Oh, but Cobalt is scared to even turn up to tournaments anymore, just incase I show up. I understand.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sky world is lol, man up boys, I wouldn't mind coming down to Melbourne again sometime...

Attila_

BRoomer
sky world is lol, man up boys, I wouldn't mind coming down to Melbourne again sometime...
come already, cause like i said, i wanna rematch :)

@jei: i just looked at the singles ranbats... my name is totally spelt 'attila', and olimar did as much for me in singles as snake did, btw (used him at least once in every set)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Ahh yeah I just looked back and saw you gave Olimar as one of your singles mains. My bad, I don't know how I missed that. And the spelling mistake will be fixed asap.

Before it's updated though is there anything else that needs changing?

Attila_

BRoomer
dw, that makes it all better for me :)

although i will be knocking tibs down next month, so the ordering will have to change ;)

oh yeah, should we get some flyers or something like that for stigmaB and hand them out at the eb tournys? we could attract some more attention this way, and from what i saw, most ppl are fair noobs but they are really into smash.

tibs7

Smash Champion
no posting during class! haha

rob hasnt been a problem lately, anyway :)
finished class bro, studying =)
rob is for olimar, you find him easy on wiimote because you just have to shieldgrab and forwardb
but snake vs diddy is pretty good ;)

Attila_

BRoomer
rob v oli is 60:40 and i still give you problems :)

and yes shaya, rob's ftilt is as broken as snake's; rob is rather simple without it. SPACING

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
@Jei: Yeah, i was just curious. I myself will be travelling from bendigo to get there, provided my boss doesn't stick me on to work. Should be great fun though if i do get there.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i will be attending
i will get 1st place in singles
jei and i will get 1st place in teams

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
try spacing defields rob, you will get spamed in the face.
also snake vs diddy is one of the most annoying match ups in the game, especially if that diddy is vyse and has an amazing banana game

Attila_

BRoomer
tibs is my brother btw, so ive versed his diddy many i time. my banana game isnt half bad, nowadays :)

dont know this defield person... so ill have to use my zzs!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
fighting Vyse's diddy is perhaps the most elongated/annoying matches in the entire universe.

Hitting the timer isn't abnormal... If the timer isn't on... finishing a match in 13 minutes isn't abnormal either.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sounds like you guys need some skills
tibs' diddy is easy mode for pros such as myself

Dedu

Smash Lord
i hate it soo much i usually want it to end.

Often why I end up finishing the match within 3 mins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom