• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As if you don't have homebrew by now.

Sick things like infinite replays and lack of freeloaders are just too good.

And I agree, playing in a brawl match that goes longer than 3 minutes is pretty bad.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
instead of trying to make brawl competitive
which it is clearly not

let's play it as a COMPETITIVE-PARTY game MWHAAHAH

ALL STAGES
ALL ITEMS ON MEDIUM
NO BANNED TECHNIQUES, CHARACTERS, CHAINGRABS ETC

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
OP updated, when I asked for discussion on the removal of Halberd and Delfino from the Starter list all I received was approval so it's done, the Starter list is reduced to 5, I guess we can see next tournament how this will turn out.

Also the schedule is up. Nothing really different except the starting time is posted an hour early for those who like to arrive 'just on time'. I'm aiming for 11am but this is just to be safe.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try get there at around 9am so i can set my wii up and get a few friendlies before i find some random to do doubles with me. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've cancelled my F1 plans so it looks like I'll be coming. Tak team with me, *****.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so for teams are you doing like pools for everyone except buttsecks parade and tibs attila? and the top 2 from pools join us in a 4-way double elim bracket?

actually nah i'd rather warmup with the nubs, such as that team ^

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Uh..... i take it this is brawl only now right? So no SF4 etc
also i have no idea how to get there, I was lucky enough to have Nick take me there last time, but that won't happen this time

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
oks

@Dekar: Not doing pools for doubles I don't think..

@Tak: Yeah if CW don't bother coming then it's most likely going to be Brawl only. Just go on Saturday how much SF4 do you need lol

@Nix: All payment will be made at Singles registration so yes lol. Pool matches will be played first. The whole point of the pools is to determine your placement in the actual tournament.

@Everyone: Buttsecks Parade.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Enough dedication to your character will allow you to use low tier characters and win.
Prime example is Jei. He won the last tourney finals with Jigglypuff.

I will also be bringing a low tier into the ranks where I think my Kirby may fail. And Ugly's got his 'Dorf.

"Dedication and perseverence are the fundamental elements of win." - Vermy Kirbstomper

Also, spam dsmash, fsmash and fiyah to win with Lucas. And when you pk "sunder" make believe you are a motorcycle.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the world's best captain falcon still wouldn't beat like attila's snake
argument is not valid
gg

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
First off, Jigglypuff is a Diddy counter (which I was glad to discover recently :)) so dedication had nothing to do with it lol. I was just lucky.

Second, I believe the world's best Falcon can beat even Cobalt...I don't know...ask Cao, he was 3 stocked by Ken's brawl Falcon so ask him about it.

And lastly, if people actually hang around after the singles tournament then I will gladly throw a low tier tournament. I didn't last month because most people were out the door before singles even finished...

Tourney is 2 weeks away starting tomorrow. Any suggestions/enquiries/discussions regarding the tournament?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I would totally stick around for the low tier tourney. I had to leave early last time cos I had my brother with me, but this time i can stay right til the end. Besides, I'm taking my wii, so it would suck if i took it home early :p

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
no marth isnt, he ruins everything... its like 80:20 against lucas... which is why i never pull him out in a standard tourny, cause the match up is unwinnable unless my opponent is a massive noob. but in a low tier tourny, such unfairness wouldnt exist, and i could gradually prove his awesomeness :)

@dekar: no, i dont use msn. i found most of the time i was talking to people i had no interest in, and wouldnt even have a convo with irl, so i couldnt see the point. tibs still does though. try and catch me in the black hole in my down time. thanks for the compliment btw, even though ive NEVER versed a non-cpu falcon...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Attila my dear chap. You rly should play more friendlies before and after the tourneys.

FALCON 4WAY!

Also, iceK's falcon is pretty 1337.
If a low tier tourney ensues, be prepared for awesomeness.
Jei's Yoshi
Ugly's Dorf
L's Sonic and Samus
Atlas' Mario

And my....????????

Mwahhaaha. I will not reveal it. You won't know what to doooooo!

Its pokeslayer. Zard ftw.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could come so I could use ness and link in the low tier tourney,but im moving house:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(make sure to hold one during the holidays sometime so i can go,an beat you all bwhahahaha(not really,i suck pretty badly)

Attila_

BRoomer
ah vermii, i fully intend to pull out some low tier awesomeness before and after the tourny this time :)

out of interest, what do we classify as low tier? which tiers? just the last one?

counting down the days...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Cut the current tier list in half. So from peach and below are acceptable for a low tier entry.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Or the low tier tournament can be allocated from Australia's "tournament result" list, which is kind of a popularity list, but still has a wide range of characters that are definitely low, and many underused tournament characters in Australia of higher calibur are available too.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Either way,
My pokeslayer makes an appearance for super effective atks.

=3

<3 Zard

Attila_

BRoomer
lol @ pkmn trainer. i tried to be good with him. i really did. if he was smart he wouldve caught three squirtles and made himself high tier :D

ill still give lucas a crack either way...

Vermy

Smash Champion
You'll regret that. =p

My zard tanks the HELL out of a stock. I was hit by 5 shoryuken from luigi before I died. And rocksmash>fthrow>fair>dair spike = 0%-Death. =)

Ivysaur. Nair>bulletseed = minimum of 25% damage.
4 times in a stock + fsmash or a well placed usmash = win.

And yeah. My squirtle just pwns. Utilt is too good. And hydroplaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom