• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
shaya that thing was that he'd already started to camp before I did much of anything to him and using d-tilt with marth doesn't help 2 seconds of invinicibility - marths 3/4 of a second dtilt means I can get in two d-tiltsand still not hit him and then he'd hit me.

And yeah I know how to deal with ledge campers it's just annoying and no fun and so I might as well just lose and not care because its not fun O=

Oh yeah, I'm not naming the character but seriously this guy was just sitting there and reusing the same move and the bad thing is when the move ends he grabs the ledge instantly as well.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
boronia
g and w/marth/dk
best in singles (i taught cobalt fyi)
best in teams (yerr)

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
@vermiis: I was the curly blonde hair kid wearing the Zelda t-shirt/zelda backpack. I mained Wolf and Meta Knight. ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
PaladinKnight:

Here's a Shaya-Tip: You feel good beating someone you couldn't before.
ForWhenItHappens!!!COBALT!!!-Tip: It feels even better if they're spamming a "cheap" tactic.

But tell you what, anyone I've ever vsed who used such cheap tactics didn't score the win. And also I know exactly what the tactic was, what character, what moves. It wouldn't bore me in the slightest; people who hang on ledges are going to get gimped and die at ridiculously low percents. They're the one at risk. And then once they get killed at 25% after I ff fair them and then bair their up b recovery they'll start chasing me, their most likely weakness in other areas of 'combative skill' will show, and they will most likely get slaughtered.

Competitive-Tip: This guy isn't using Metaknight, and you aren't using Falco. Hell, Falco can shine those arrows all day, wee for ultimate victory. But if you can't handle a situation with one character, perhaps you should USE ANOTHER. Slaughtering edgehoggers is quite easy with Metaknight. Other characters can laugh at under the edge uairs too.

And finally!
Protip: The entire melbourne community as a whole will get better because of this. I don't see ledge hogging Pits winning prominant tournaments in America, or placing at said tourneys at all. Characters can handle it, if you want to get better you'll learn how to deal with it too. That's the Fun of competition.

P.S. Atticus said it better in one sentence.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's cus Atticus is too good? What would I do? I'd just send a turnip down there or toad their ***** :grin:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CAO, duhhhhhhhhhh.

Snake has a billion options, as many options as he has "each option" to the power of "each option".
D3 can throw waddles near by, his sh dair will completely obliterate Pit's uair range, and D3 is gimping god as it is.
Metaknight can just jump off the stage and tornado and lol as Pit dies.
Falco can just camp back with shine and lasers then edge camp back. Hell, Falco gayness is harder to deal with than Pits. (That's why I think Ice K is an awesome guy, very challenging fun matches)
Marth can just destroy Pit off the edge if he's close enough, his dair will reach below the stage, so will his dtilt, he can rush off the edge and wait, that reminds me NEWSFLASH APPLIES TO LIKE ALL CHARACTERS WHO HAVE FAST DASHES AND PROBABLY EVEN SLOW ONES <3.
News flashUsing bufferedepicdashing you can "Dash Dance" to instantly catch a ledge in a similar fashion to wavedash edgehog in melee. It will outspeed any ledge jump to *something*, unless it's a ledgehop proper stall (meta, marth, peach)
G&W, well, ho ho hum, umm, bucket, dair, jump off the edge and up b and stage spike the Pit. LOL. Also dsmash, superpriority always wins. Also edgejumped bair.
Then there's Captain Falcon, who can falcon kick off the stage, throw out a bair on the Pit (or other aerial) before up bing/side bing back on. Side B for epic lulz.

Yay for options against Pit edgehogging.

p.s. tier whoring is best.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Yeah, your Fox was better though. :p I still struggle countering the dair -> utilt combo, I never shield it completely.
I was having a shocking Meta Knight day... THAT **** SUICIDE ON SONIC, ARGHH!

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Man it was 1-1 anyway, I was like "wait did he glide off the edge thar". Such a let down to the set.

Devil I was that Sonic you killed with your Lucarios Dair and I went straight up. Weirdest death ever.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Brkn DI?

@viral: still want a shirt/hoodie?

@everyone else: anyone else want one? I may be gettin a batch done next week so if you wants, contact me asap. Design possibilities are endless. =)

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Maybe. Thinking of a design. I'll get back to you next next tourney (I should show up at the next one).
You had the Leaf Village Forehead protector didn't you? (Which is mega awesome, Minotaur I presume?)

@ Nixinator: I've raged it all out. :p *breathes calmly*

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yes. I had a leaf village forehead protector on my epic hat. Which makes it captain falcon epic. And yes, minotaur. I also have a sound village one and an anti-leaf one. =D

...and the leaf jounin gloves.

...and Ichigo from Bleach's bankai sword.

....and a lifesize Cloud buster sword.

Geez I'm a nerd. -_-

Also, anyone else's lvl 9 cpu's getting really badass? Mine and Jei's seem to be ****** us occasionally. O_O

Methinks the AI has picked up a few tricks from the tourney.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
hey hey now, I'm yet to lose to my own CPU's. All I said was that they were doing tactics only people should do like dair>rest. CPU's grow up so fast =3

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Nice collection vermiis. I have no Naruto merchandise, it makes me sad.
However, I should be getting my Fourth Hokage cloak in the mail during the next week or 2. XD
I'll bring that along with me next time, you should be able to spot me then. :p

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
screw it i'm just gonna be a tier ***** and use metaknight if I ever have to fight against a ledger.

Shaya it was a pit using uair alright, and it was annoying and I'm just bored quickly having to wait against invincibilty frames annoys me, for mindgames I'm not bored beause its funny.

Also who had the naruto game someone burn it for me please

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
dekar: u still runnin lucario? hope for a ditto soon

jei: good luck training up vermy's kirby lolz "buff ups" thanks for the very nice comment!

cao: genesis on my salary? hahahaha thats laughable

vermy: t-shirts galore!!! man i might give out some money for you to do some bowling shirts for me an my dads team!!!

uggs:<his ganondorf will **** the heavens

Lee: when you called yaself "L" i thought something outta "death note" man!!! hehe nice to see you again dude!

everyone i missed: cripes the turnout was monstrous lets hope it stays that way!!! good work everyone!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
East Melbourne
Doubles: 1st, Diddy kong
Singles: 2nd, Diddy kong

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Wow lol is everyone living right next to Cao?
I want a suburb, not what side of the city you live on. Cao's says 'East Melbourne' because he literally lives in the city.

So far I have: Afropony - Elwood
Tak - Scoresby
....for some reason Dekar - Boronia
CAO - East Melbourne
Attila - East Melbourne
Tibz - East Melbourne.

I can get the rest's info except Khoa. Does anyone know anything about this guy? I don't even know who he mains. If someone knows who he mains (and what suburb he lives in) that would be great.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@paladin: that'd be my naruto shippuuden game. And NO! Buy it liek everyone else. R4, fair enough. But no! That's a bad paladin.

icek

Smash Cadet
Blackburn
Falco/Zelda
5th singles
5th doubles

For all the new kids new to the scene who dont know me i was the tall black guy there

Afropony

Smash Lord
Toshiba (my doubles partner played as Diddy for singles and doubles. I have no idea where he lives though because we just decided to be partners while playing friendlies.
he came 4th in doubles and 9th in singles.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@Nix: I also live on the Sydenham line. Can you get him to add me on msn? jei.varas@gmail.com

Yeah the Ranbats list is just about ready (I have it right here ready to post.)
All I'm missing is Khoa and Toshiba's suburb. Oh and Khoa's character but I now know that =]

I guess I'll post what I have now and get it edited when I have time.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
jeijei make it neat bro make it neat... how'd ya go vith vermy?

Atlas:-WANTIRNA FIRESEED CHAOSMIST PAPERMOON WATERBLAZE

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Devil, you live in Whittlesea? You live like 20 min away from me! You gotta play me sometime man!

Vermy

Smash Champion
I need moar ppl to practice against. I have some secondaries that need development. They're really average atm.

But at least I have Jei-Sensei training me. ^_^

So be prepared for the pink thunder! =D
(And other assorted thunders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom