• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
jei's jigglypuff is annoying.......first time i've versed one and it showed
though i think it would have been different if that klaptrap wasn't there......:(
other than that, great venue, VENTILATION, yeah just plain awesome i'll be there next time :)

congrats jei

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Thanks again to everyone who came, extra thanks to those who helped out (organizing, setting up, packing up). Shoutouts yahh.

X - thanks for being my partner in crime, we'll make it better next month. Lol to losing to Sam, Ness has a backthrow that will keeel you. Say hi to your pretty little friend lol.

Tibz - yeah no doubt if that klaptrap didn't get you at such an early % the finals would of been yours. Now that you have vsed a Jigglypuff I'm going to have to find something new for next month because we both know you won't allow the same thing to happen. Congrats on 2nd (and being the best one there :))

Atticus - didn't know you could play MK that well. Thanks for coming aswell, you were like the only Melee player there that decided to show up, even if it was because you had nothing else to do.

Lee - I will train you so you don't screw up whenever you are in a tournament. Everyone knows your Sonique is better than that.

Atlus - Lol Mario, it's better than evar. Special thanks for staying back until the end to clean all the rubbish <3

CAO - How'd I go? :p Evaluate meee.

Vermy - Thankyou for being an extra limb in helping for the day.

Devil and IceK - Lol <3 Nice placing IceK and thanks Devil, you were pretty much at the computer taking results the whole time when I couldn't be there. Props.

Everyone else - Thanks for coming, I hope you all had a good time. Next tournament will be posted soon ^__^

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
lol, yeah the hilarious friendlies was the best part verms =P.
oh, and the set with X was good, Fox dittos rawk!

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Jei- your amazing...honest to god have my babies
Nay- i missed the **** out of you man, I played hungover why cant you :(
Lee- Was awesome seeing you again... WTF win this **** your sonic is a pro
X- We're no good man
Sam- SAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
iceK- LOL
Jared-First round what the **** is that???
Cao- Woxy Wub
Venue- You rocked
Everyone else-Sorry im **** with names but you guys are too good i quit forever

What no wolves? Am i really the last one left???

Maseiken

Smash Rookie
I'd Wolf it up, but I CANNOT use is Side-B competently, I seem to gravitate towards edges with it.
Maybe... with time... I'll get through a single match without SD-ing at least twice.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Devil:
I have a mate of mine who mains wolf, and he hold his own on level with myself and Ugly. He may come to the next event. You should team up with him. Wolf Pack ftw!

@Jei: no probs. =)
If you and X think you need an extra hand, just add my email to the first post. I'm on msn 99% of the time.

@yan and eva: you guys are awesome. Eva, your falco vs my kirby. I want that match.

@paladin: you S.O.B! Counterpicking my kirby with zelda and marth! Gah! -_-

@Atlas: awesome mario skills. Love to see where you're at once you get regular practice

@the newbies:
Well done. A lot of you have oodles of potential. I went against a link in the morning friendlies and he was fantastic. To those of you who didn't go as well as you'd have liked, read your character's board and guides. It will help your game immensly.

@everyone: great day. Great venue. Great job to Jei and X.

Also, Dekar is handsome.

Voss

Smash Rookie
I didn't manage to come to this in the end. :(

Sounds like it turned out well. I'll try next month.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Awesome day, so very tired of Brawl now (except with Cao XD)
Sydney is embracing the SF4 scene instead of brawl now too *hint hint*

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
JEI~ It was my pleasure. You and X did a great job putting this together imo - great venue, great turnout, smoothly run.

And I'm glad you like my MK, because next month he will be aiming to take you down. :)

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I really really really wish I could have come to this. Why? Because I know next month I have a higher chance on missing out. AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE VENUE QQ

Nyways I gots a question:

Jei OR X?

???

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
OMFG I actually made it into the top 15 (which for me is an incredible feat because I've been playing J!US so much and haven't seriously played brawl for a while just for the epic lols with CF annoying people and using the PAUNCH at them XD).

Vermy: sry dude I main Zelda but I didn't think we'd get FD as a stage.

Devil: You didn't watch my match grr... XD.

Tak: you gotz to show me teh mad skillz you gotz on Fox.

Jei: I wanted to play you waaaahhhhh........... =(, awesome job man thanks for setting it up.

IceK: we need to have that Zelda match.

Cao: I wanted to play you too =(.

Tibz: Need to play you in singles man.

Bryan: Thank god you stopped hitting me, and you owe me $2.50 XD

Everyone we played in doubles, lol at anyone we went meta against XD but it was usually cuz you had meta as well.

Everyone in singles thanks for the fun matches, well not fun for me I was in intense pain the whole time.

Lol oh yeah, my stomach stopped hurting when I brought a Fanta drink and drank it lol, also Jei can you make ledgestalling banned? That first guy I lost to was annoying because he just ledge stalled until I came near him and yeah I could have waited till SD but... I came here to play brawl competitively and have fun, that was just boring =(

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Well done guys. Really well organised, heaps of fun, and a great crowd.
Second tourney, second time I've come equal last, first time I've suicided in a 3rd match while winning, last time I will be making silly mistakes. :p
I suppose exposure to this environment will eventually make me better.

Definately gonna be using Marth next time, just polished up all the old moves I'd forgoten.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah.... no one really likes a ledger, i have no respect for them tbh

DLUX

Smash Rookie
Really well done, good turn out, good day.
Will be back next time.

Shoutouts to:
my epic match with X, beat me by 1 life over 100%.
Foxy *******.

a decent match with tak. beat me by 1 life, 50% both rounds.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Oh crap I forgot to mention the friendship bread XD (If you don't understand then it's an inside joke with me and all others who had consumed it)

Vermy

Smash Champion
$3 FRIENDSHIP BREAD:
Consume for massive delishus happi tiemz.

@tibs: much agree. Ledgers=cowards. Lets be friends =D

@viral: who were you? (In person and main) I was gunna chat to you 'bout shirts. =(

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Yay 17th much better than i expected to do for my first tourney will definatly be back next month =D
Enjoyed our match Jei really close too

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Lol oh yeah, my stomach stopped hurting when I brought a Fanta drink and drank it lol, also Jei can you make ledgestalling banned? That first guy I lost to was annoying because he just ledge stalled until I came near him and yeah I could have waited till SD but... I came here to play brawl competitively and have fun, that was just boring =(
I was under the impression that ledgestalling was banned by virtue of it being stalling. :/ It sucks that you had to play someone like that.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
@Afropony - Sorry, I don't have the bracket. What did you need to know I can tell you.

@Haydino - You have a good G&W there dude, wasn't going to go near you with Pit. Iv'e never actually been forced to choose Yoshi in a tournament match before lol.

@Paladinight - Come to a meet so we can play more. That or simply come up to me and ask for a match lol. I'll be happy to see how much you've improved since last year.

As for "ledge stalling" technically he was "ledge camping" which isn't illegal at all, just really annoying lmao. There isn't any rule against it and seemingly it's a big part of his play-style so I can't ban something just because it works for him...

Tbh it's not that difficult to get around, all I did was get an early lead and then stayed away from him, forcing him to approach me and therefore disabling his ledge technique. In short, get a lead and then run the clock down, obviously he will have to come for you instead.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Behold... Sam's 'miracle' dream run. I say this because he has managed to outrank not only every Smasher, but even most Couchwarriors:

SF4 STIGMA RESULTS:
1. Akai Hikari (RU)
2. Feri (RY)
3. Bearz (BI)
4. Nick (RY)
5. Zan (BL)
5. Myst (BL)
7. Cactus (DH)
7. Batasan (SA)
9. Arch (BA)
9. Javi (CV)
9. X (SA)
9. Ice K (AK)
12. Strazz (ZA)
12. Devil (KE)
12. Atticus (SA)
12. RagingMist (RY)
16. Jei (KE)
16. Tak (KE)
16. Jared (?)
16. L (?)
16. Seike (VE)
16. Vermy (?)
16. CAO (AB)
16. Alex (?)
25. Ugly (?)

Oh and I have a few piccies for you guys - they're pretty average, my model shots are way better. If you want me to take sexy pics of you, don't hesitate to ask! I'm learning!

Vermy in focus.

X and J.

We should play Dodgeball here.

Big venue is big. It would need about 100 people in it to give the place a more buzzing vibe.

SF4 finals. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
holy crap, soooo big!!!!
(thats what she said)

ima run a national melee tourney there
$10 singles
$5 each teams
crews
interstate crews

(with cao's help)
(with cao doing most if not all of the organizing)
(i still take 100% of the credit)
(kk 90%)

Vermy

Smash Champion
See, I'm that awesome that cameras sh*t themselves and....ah frick I dunno where I'm goin with this. -_-

Yes. The hat is epic. ^_^

Dekar289

Smash Hero
everyone has that sonic t-shirt lee is wearing
srsly like everyone seems to have one except mee =((((
and cobalt

Maseiken

Smash Rookie
How about DodgeBrawl?
It's like ChessBoxing but instead of Rounds of Boxing/chess, it's rounds of Dodgeball/Brawl..

...Wow that's a bad idea.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I say shame not on ledge campers, but on those who are trying to paint them as villains. This is competitive Smash. If you can outplay your opponent with just a strong ledge game, that's completely legitimate. I suggest those complaining further the local metagame by spending their time learning to deal with it instead of campaigning to have it banned.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
That's true but fact is it just makes everything less fun and boring, I seriously just hate being bored, which is why I played competitive smahs because it's fun and I would have just waited till SD and fair'd him with marth but waiting 7 mins per match is just bull**** and I'm pretty sure I don't like bull**** XD.

Ledge invincibility frames are bull**** as well they last for two whole seconds and they can easily drop and regrab again afterwards, I could have also been a DIK be a gay mk and spammed the nado and shuttle loop and dsmash so even though its a legitimate tactic doesn't mean it should always be used just saying you know. What you said is true though.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Ok I'll be working on Ranbats soon so what I'll need is for the people who placed top 10 in singles and top 5 in doubles to let me know the following:

Location (suburb)
Mains (characters used in serious matches)*
(if you placed in singles and teams)Doubles Main

I know/can guess most of them but I could be wrong so please let me know.

*I used Luigi and Fox in one of my tournament matches but I wouldn't count them as one of my mains. I also counterpicked with Yoshi but that also wouldn't make him one of my mains, I'm after the character you feel you used that was important to your success in placing top 10.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Awhaaaa? Teams rankings? That's kind of... cuute!

East Melbourne
Peach/Wolf (Teams only)
7th Singles
2nd Teams

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
This is Attila btw...

East Melbourne
Singles 7th - Snake/Olimar
Doubles 1st - Snake

good job on the tournament guys, i look forward to the next one. although 3x7min rounds against a ledger did try to spoil my day...

oh, and lylat cruise it totally neutral imo. waaaaaay more neutral that ps1 at least :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're complaining about ledge camping while using Marth?

better learn to spam dtilt. There really is a lot of things characters can do...

Metaknight, i.e. Cobalt can jump off the stage, airdodge through you then uair. MANLY. and it works.

Falco, i.e. not Cobalt can like... pew pew laser and cry ;_;.

Also the way you play can promote the opponent to ledge camp. Juggling an opponent, in other words, keeping them above the stage instead of off/to the side means? They go for an edge you're hitting them back up again. Over, and over, and over. What can they do? They have to get firmly on the ground, but you're smart enough to definitely cover the closest edge to rehit them.

Snake can plant a grenade, a c4, and spam usmash, and he can have all three go off at different times.

Oh yeah, this is about ledge camping, not stalling. But I don't usually see much difference unless I'm playing a CHARACTER THAT CAN'T HANDLE IT. I'm not even sure what character this ledge camper is using, but if it's a Pit spamming arrows on said ledge -> it's not stalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom