• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So guys, I've been hearing good things about Melbourne's Brawl ability.

I'm sending down some spy soon to rat this out. If all the things I've been hearing are true ("Melbourne's the place where Meta Knight doesn't work", "Melbourne's the place where there are good Diddys, unlike Vyse", "Melbourne: The land where everyone is really really great at brawl" and finally "Melbourne: We lose to Sonic"), then challenge New South Wales for the title of best brawl state!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
cobalt chris tibs attila jei earl dekar bryan
afropony lol

we're the best by far

Vermy

Smash Champion
You forgot a couple Shaya,

Melbourne: Where walk off stages are banned vs Dedede.

And

Melbourne: where we aren't all tier wh*res

And

Melbourne: where Brawl isn't bullsh*t

And

Melbourne: where everyone loves Vermy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lol melbourne has good players who don't use meta knight or snake?

Are you sure?

Coz all I know is

1. Tibz (Diddy Kong) [Good]
2. Tanman (Sonic) [Good]
3+/Last. The rest [bad at brawl]

Also our low tiers up here destroyed Melb/QLD at Don't Come.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
rofl that monthly ran way late thanks to pools which also stuffed up seeding

dekar g and w
cao peach
jei pit
tak fox
earl LINK
attila olimar
redact dedede

^^^
crap on sydney by miles and miles and miles

also
no cobalt or dekar at don't come
(cobalt is... best in the country by miles iirc)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
cobalt chris tibs attila jei earl dekar bryan
afropony lol

we're the best by far
i was with you until you said bryan... he needs to come to mine for more training...

@shaya: dont send a spy, cause i wanna rematch, now that im not a noob anymore.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My spy is, funnily enough, in Dekar's list of "good Melbourne players".

Also

Dekar: G&W - Owned
CAO: Peach - Plowed :D
Jei: Pit - Ahuh.
Tak: Fox - My infinites, beat all of them.
Earl: Link - Falco says gg.
Attila: Olimar - Swords say gg.
Redact: Dedede - LOL. Good one

All those who went to Sydney got crapped on for miles and miles by a large amount of our players.
Dekar wouldn't have made a difference at Sydney, I'm pretty sure the Sydney elite would have all out placed him, like I did, at the ranbat finals.
Cobalt isn't that good anymore, he hasn't gotten first at a tournament in ages =).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
earl mains snake
as does attila
and you've never played my g and w =/

i almost beat chris, it went to a third match, very close
he crapped on you =/

cobalt is still the best in the country gg

nobody cares about your imaginary attention spy, it's pretty pathetic that you even need a 'spy' or whatever

Toby.

Smash Master
I thought the point of dekar listing top players and characters was to illustrate the lack of meta and snake? Seems a bit redundant if the link and olimar players both use snake anyway :dizzy:

VIC vs NSW is going to be fuuun =)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I thought the point of dekar listing top players and characters was to illustrate the lack of meta and snake? Seems a bit redundant if the link and olimar players both use snake anyway :dizzy:
Yeah, but they only use snake for really important matches.

And attila is totally the spy. Or it could be dekar trying to throw us of his trail! OMG MINDGAMEZ!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
maybe just one. :)

Also, umm, I did vs your game and watch, remember?

I absoloutely ****ted on it, and you went Donkey Kong, and lost as well.
that was like last year

in our more recent match, i recall coming back 3 stock to 1 down and winning in a marth ditto
then laughing at your crap skills so hard and pretty much handing you the next 2 matches =)

no g and w or dk =p

edit: coz afropony is amazing <3 <3

Vermy

Smash Champion
Shaya, lemme get this straight.

You've sent a spy, to check up on how good we are at a competitie video game, in FEAR of us getting better than you? Wow. Paranoid.

Dude, you're not the city of troy. There is no pony coming to destroy you.

Wait.

Maybe there is....AFROTROJANPONY AWAY!!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Melbourne is win <3

thats is all...

Don't you think its a bit much to be sending down a "spy"? very silly imo =P

aside from that woot tourny in two weeks, hopefully ill be able to stay for teh singles this time :3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Tibs, Gords and I will all get together and pool our Diddy knowledge then push Diddy to S+ tier in Australia muhahaha.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone that produces copious amounts one-liner spam gets the ban stick.

I think Dekar gets 2 weeks worth of ban from today's spam alone.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Tibs, Gords and I will all get together and pool our Diddy knowledge then push Diddy to S+ tier in Australia muhahaha.
haha this will happen!!!

@shaya: dekar will seriously own you, i've observed your marth, nothing special, fair and side b spam. he'll figure out your pattern of play and crush you. I cant wait to verse you though =)

Toby.

Smash Master
Shaya is a little bit better than fair and side b spam imo.

It would be like me saying that all you do is banana spam.

Most characters have a couple bread and butter moves that they rely on for spacing, punishing etc. Given than I play shaya at least once a week I think I know his style better than most. He uses them a lot, but theres definitely more than just fair and side b.

That having been said all the "x would totally crush you" seems pretty redundant at the moment. The only real info we have about how the seperate states compare to each other is in a couple tournaments. I think nsw did pretty **** well at ranbat, but I don't think that it means we would crush you now. Conversely, just because its been a while since ranbat and you've seen some videos of shaya spamming fair, it doesn't mean he'll get crushed, or that the videos are entirely representative of his current level of skill.

Meh.

tibs7

Smash Champion
@shaya: lol, what snake are you talking about, attila's the only real main snake user and he is far better then luke.
if you dont believe me ask jei.

@tcranter: upb aswell? nah jokes yeah i know hes better then that. but i dont like him coming in here pretty much saying melbourne is crap.
And next ranbats will defs be different.

ps. cant wait for this months tourny woooo!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sigh =_=
@Shaya: the last time we vsed in a tourney it was the closest match I have ever been in. 3rd match, both on last stock, you on 170% me on 150% and I get a dsmash right before you upB. You won because your upB has invincibility frames. Well played, but you can't say I'm a pushover and I'm not even the best in Melbourne.

You are very good, I would say at Chris' and Cobalt's level but there is no way you can justify coming into the Melbourne threads and trash talking without knowing of the new blood in Melb like Attila, Tibz, Earl and many others.

Now just a few things, at Don't Come I don't remember losing to anyone in crews, not one, let alone "getting crapped on for miles and miles"...CAO too.
From what I remember he beat almost everyone. I don't remember how Tak and Redact went but all I know is that I always took more stock myself than whoever I was vsing.
Not to mention Tak and I came 2nd in teams.

As for the other thing, in recent experience I can probably say that Attila > Luke these days. Maybe it's just their different play styles and admittedly I'm only judging by the way I go with my Pit but Attila > my Pit and my Pit > Luke so that's that...

I'll end this with: I don't think you have ever beaten Cobalt.

Toby.

Smash Master
Jei is a cool guy.

I wish we had a trump card like Cobalt :(

I think the rivalry is good to a certain extent, except it just becomes mindless trash talking too quickly and people start trying to cause offence. Oh well.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've versed Shaya once in a tournament before. I won.

I also teamed with him once. And we lost.

<3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Too bad Brawl wasn't out when I used to work in Brighton. I was so bored down there lol.

But East Melbourne (which noone knows where it is so I'll just say Richmond) isn't so far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom