• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i hear jezmo's parents are like full into smash, thats pretty epic.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm so glad this starts at 1pm. Because I will be getting back into Melbourne at about 11am, from Benalla/Lurg Hills

Afropony

Smash Lord
So many interstaters...
I haven't practiced at all... my placement looks bleak...
The following people will be having friendlies with me ;
Attila - (ESPECIALLY YOU!)
Tedeth
Luke
Earl
Tibs
Cao
Nova
:)
Lol you can't tell people they will be playing with you.

I'm so glad this starts at 1pm. Because I will be getting back into Melbourne at about 11am, from Benalla/Lurg Hills
Oh, good thing you pointed that out. I would've been turning up at like 9:00am wondering where everyone else was.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
i hear jezmo's parents are like full into smash, thats pretty epic.
yeah like his whole family comes to tourneys to watch him, but bardulls mum, now thats epic.

When we got to America and met bardull, his mum starting asking us questions about the game and we were really suprised to find out that she knew more then we did about the metagame and who plays who and who the top players are.

also sure splice I'll play you, I haven't ever really played a G&W though

swordsaint

Smash Master
may sound selfish, but im getting really low on funds

is there anyone who can provide transport for me on the saturday? it's kind of late though

6:45pm avalon- if theres hosting that'd be appreciated, but atm im having to make my own way to t-rex's but that's looking to set me bck an extra $40 bucks or so including trains and the bus from avalon to the city

so far, it's getting really close to having to just drop the whole thing, i could probably pull something out of my *** but im stressing

swordsaint

Smash Master
elaborate on this zone 2 bus, im not well accustomed to melbourne transport

all it takes is one honourable, generous person to be able to make everything possible for me :(

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... Well on the subject of transport. Tanman Edge and I might have to catch the train down, and if that is the case we will not be bringing our 2 TV's along with us.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
OKies it's that time of month again, one week until the next Stigma-B and Jei Jei needs some clarification. Who is bringing what to this tournament?

Jei - 1 TV
Lee - 1 TV
Vermy + Ugz - 3 TV's, 2 wii's
IceK - 1 TV, 1 wii
Condog - 1 TV, 1 wii and a bunch of cables
Leisha - 1 wii
Nix - 1 wii

count: 7 TV's, 6 wii's, a bunch of cables and a partridge in a pear tree.

so at the moment the list isn't looking very promising. Because I don't own a wii and Lee doesn't bring his anymore, the ratio falls heavily towards the TV's. Some assistance would be appreciated <3

Also don't forget, this tournament starts at 1PM incase you weren't informed, please check the schedule on the front page.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
true ted, but that was once, and thats not enough to know what your doing.

jei, I'll be flying down so I cant bring you my multitude of tvs but I can bring you my wii.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I'll be bringing loads of GC controllers, for those that don't know, I have 9 GC controllers, and only 1 that always works (well, 99.9% of the time) or isn't one of the really fat and awkward to use ones. So if anyone's controller screws up during the tourney, just talk to me and I'll let you borrow one of mine.
Also
Edge, don't forget to bring my PS3 controller this time.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Stupid Question Time:

Do you register there on the day, or do you have to register before or what..? I'm assuming on the day but I just want to make sure ;-;

Do you have to bring along a "virgin" to get half price, or if a "virgin" comes all by her/himself does he still have to pay?

Is this a tournament for people of all skill levels or..?

If you plan on just doing the 1v1 tourney, do you have to stay there from start up to finish, or can you just arrive around the time the 1v1 tournament begins?

Pardon my ignorance, and sorry if the answers to the questions I asked have already been mentioned before, or in the original post. If I do go to this tournament, it would be my first.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
You register on the day

you have to bring a virgin along

Tournament caters for all skill levels

You dont have to stay for the whole thing your welcome to turn up just for 1v1

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So i can just find some random dude on the day who hasnt been before and say "he's with me" and we both get half price entry?

=D

Afropony

Smash Lord
Abhishekh goes to my school, he is my virgin >=(.
Also abhishekh you can come at the beginning and get friendlies in while the TO's aren't looking so that you're all warmed up for singles or maybe even find a doubles partner on the day and participate in both events.

EDIT: I think Toshi brings a Wii Jei

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Abhishekh goes to my school, he is my virgin >=(.
Also abhishekh you can come at the beginning and get friendlies in while the TO's aren't looking so that you're all warmed up for singles or maybe even find a doubles partner on the day and participate in both events.

EDIT: I think Toshi brings a Wii Jei

I was thinking of turning up for friendlies, but I'd end up having to stay at the place for ages. It already goes from 1PM - 10:30, even if I just leave as soon as the 1v1s are finished...
That's still 4 hours, plus three hours up and back (at least 1 and a half hours each way).
I live in Taylors Lakes, which is near Sydenham/Keilor so yeah :/

Plus my parents are paranoid about me being out in the city alone with people they don't know, they think some overly-stereotypical bogan will bash me up with the Australian flag or something ;-;

No, not really, but you get the idea.

or one of us can bring you along, since you're a virgin

abishkebab

i seriously cbf trying to spell that lol
If it's really that hard, don't type it at all. Or just call me Abhi, either way. I've noticed you can talk to a person for ages and ages without even mentioning their name.
Fun stuff.

Thanks for everyones help.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I was thinking of turning up for friendlies, but I'd end up having to stay at the place for ages. It already goes from 1PM - 10:30, even if I just leave as soon as the 1v1s are finished...
That's still 4 hours, plus three hours up and back (at least 1 and a half hours each way).
I live in Taylors Lakes, which is near Sydenham/Keilor so yeah :/

Plus my parents are paranoid about me being out in the city alone with people they don't know, they think some overly-stereotypical bogan will bash me up with the Australian flag or something ;-;

No, not really, but you get the idea.
Pretty sure jei and julian live out that way, you could go in and back with them on the train if your parents dont want you going by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom