• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #14! Fox

-Mars-

Smash Hero
X your a little late to this matchup thread, we tried to covince them it is 60:40, but everyone on the Marth boards is convinced it's 70:30 or worse and they're not going to change thier minds.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It is indeed possible to hit any character with anything. Falcon Punch anyone?

But on any note, dair is an approach by Fox that isn't as reliable against Marth as it is against other characters. Mostly because of Dolphin Slash.

And no, I don't think people honestly believe the match up is worse than 70-30.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Tru dat Shaya, I'm basically sticking with 70-30 b/c I'm basically tired with all the 60-40 bs that has been the result of the post 13 discussions, but that's as high as I'll go. :p

nonemus

Smash Rookie
OK. 12 pages. Good. Can we move on now :p?

I think its 66.8223493-33.1776507 Marth's favor.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
When you play a good samus its not as easy as it sounds when trying to fan projectiles. You can't really get in close on a good samus.

Hey I got an idea watch some vids of Tudor's samus arguably the best samus out there and you'll see what I mean in terms of getting in close.

And as far as her being low tier. Its more because she's underused if anything

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I know what you mean, Samus is good at keeping Marth away. However once you are inside she can't really do anything. (i mean that in the least sexual way possible) You just have to keep on her and don't let her get breathing room once you are past the zair. The best approach imo is probably a shield approach.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Space well and she up b's the air. Then she is completely vulnerable.

Then feel free to **** that ho.

Literally.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Space well and she up b's the air. Then she is completely vulnerable.

Then feel free to **** that ho.

Literally.
Couldn't you say the same thing about Marth's UpB out of shield? Or does the horizontal movement make that much of a difference?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth completely outspaces Samus' up b is what I'm saying. If you play your normal spacing game she wouldn't have much of an opportunity to use up b.

Other characters who attack with their bodies or have little range will eat Marth's up b regardless of spacing, when they attack his shield.

3mbl3m l0rd

Smash Rookie
LOL my brother mains Fox. The scoop? Dancing Blade, correct spacing, and unpredictable counters. Fair offstage to edgehog.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It's Falco with no CG, slightly different pokes, worse jab combo, no real containment game, better running speed, better kill moves and a mediocre approach.

I would call it as 65/35 Marth's favor.

He really has nothing on Marth besides good kill moves and his laser which can help with damage racking, but nothing really beyond that.
...and also lacks Falco's spike.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Sometimes they shield before my Up B comes out and I whiff it. Then I eat an usmash, lol.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Doesn't Up B outprioritize their Dair?

Or am I not getting what the drill is?
Yes, thats exactly what junk was saying. You CAN UpB the dair.

Side note: Watching a fox dashdance is annoying especially when he hops around like a flea on crack along with it. Shine stalling the dair is actually annoyingly effective on fox's part (im stupid and get caught by it sometimes)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Swing your sword multiple times in succession.

Thank you for the useless bump. >_<
Even though it woulda been more useful in the Q&A, it is on topic, and encouraged, so it's not totally useless.

Do the relatively new cg on Fox, then just pressure the crap outta him, 0-death if edgeguarded, 0-any % depending on your pressure game :psycho:

Top Bottom