• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I am completely ashamed at how terrible I did today. This is the first tournament since the very first one I ever went to that I have done this bad in... :urg:

I even went home and played like... 20 friendlies with Meek and Slash with me being random and won every single one and I still didn't feel better.

I need someone that plays brawl a lot to enjoy my company so I can finally start playing with people who are on the same level/superior to me so I can actually get better. :p

I am gonna redeem myself at Super mass bros. And anyone who wants to brawl next weekend should totally check it out.

And if I don't get redemption I am gonna Hara-Kiri myself...

p.s. I am completely serious about finding some people who don't suck to play with once in a while for practice!!!!!!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
(dazwa on zeb)

whats up with the pot? did they split?
obm darc and i agreed to a competitive split (37/33/30)

can someone ask darc what on earth he did with jigglypuff to achieve this?
Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training

and Brinstar

I hope to God this stuff is being recorded, amazing amount of talent is at this thing.
it isn't, scar tried to get it recording but something wasn't working, i think the only thing that got recorded was a set between kdj and pc

Darc/PC are tied in set1

game 1 fox v jiggs battlefield, PC wins
game 2 fox v jiggs brinstar, Darc wins
game 3 fox ditto corneria, Darc wins
game 4 fox ditto corneria PC wins
game 5 fox v jiggs dreamland, PC wins

pc is winnarrrr

idea

Smash Master
weird. raynex plays on brinstar all the time cause europhoria takes him there in friendlies.

see "jewstar combo" on youtube =P

and AWWW

raynex - write down your sets vs. both, or something. we'll need details.

Snow Striker

Smash Rookie
~~

Start rant:

1) Why should we bring setups? What incentive is there? NONE. I brought down a tv, wii, extension cord, homebrew channel, SD card. Why? Because I was at BWNY a couple weeks ago and I thought there was gonna be a venue fee that would've been waived by bringing a setup. Venue+entry there = 10 bucks. Entry here = 10 bucks. While I understand that variances are gonna happen, considering how many people there were there, the inconvenience that I went through to bring the huge *** tv down there, and that you decided that running Melee/Brawl/Birthday Party events at the same time was a good idea, it all makes me think that you owe us MUCH MORE THAN A THANK YOU.

2) And that leads into this one: Where the **** do you get off thinking that three events PLUS general shopping/game rentals is gonna go off well? Who was the smart guy who decided to put all these events in the same timeslot at that proportionately small venue? I don't care if your SSF4 event had 28 people; that game is still very new. Plus ... how many people were at MM13? add a degree of variance due to expectance in people's skill level getting to the point where they feel that they are tournament ready, and the knowledge that plenty of people form NY were coming [I don't know if there was a relative amount of people from NY at MM13 and if there were just as many then discard this minipoint.] and CHAIRS! My GOD why do players have to sit on the ground or stand while playing? Even though this was only my second huge tournament [I've been to plenty of really small ones but that's beside the point] you should have the experience and longevity as a store to either a) have extra chairs in a room somewhere or b) have the ability to rent chairs. I've run events for non-smash things and have had to rent chairs; it's not hard. just do it. Because

3) I left that venue feeling unappreciated, sore, bored and I didn't have fun except for when I was talking to some of the cool fellow smashers and while I was playing. Standing around, mostly infront of my tv wondering why the **** a tv 1/4 the size right next to it is emitting 4x the music with nowhere to go because I had to wait for matches to be called was, to be blunt, sucky.

4) Final two points: Next time, set up a friendlies area. While I understand you needed to disqualify/warn people given the circumstances, next time you do this you won't have as many players like me leaving the way I did.

5) I'm not gonna knock you for advertising your event in August. That said, don't waste my time by telling me nothing. That easily could've been said while the matches were going on [like the soda samples]. Saying

"[uhh hey guys come to our super awesome event thats gonna happen sometime in August I think aannd we're gonna call it a convention and it's gonna be our first one ever and the best people from all over are gonna be there and post on the boards so the bank can give us money so that we can give more than 1,000 dollars out and we hope to get more most likely idk but yeah tell everyone please]"

when we could be playing might oh idk move things along a little faster. Even if it's just 2 brawl stocks worth of talking, that's about 1/3 to 1/5 a round closer to getting to Melee singles, which is what I know you wanted SOO bad because every other round you were telling us how crappy a game [that we are playing] brawl is.

TL;DR:

Improve: [do this better]
1. reward for bringing setups
2. Chairs
3. event coordination
4. atmosphere
5. PR

and you'll have not only a successful event but a spectacular event.

Oh and to anyone who played on Brawl TV 7 and saved a replay, I'll have the files on rapidshare eventually. I'll post that later. Or PM me.

OSM out!
I'm the noob Nick who registered with his real name lolol, but i used Snow in fights.

I gotta say I agree with what was said up there, I didnt know what to expect because it was my first tourney, but chairs and more structure / organization would've been nice. I still had fun and did better than I would've thought though.

Also, making fun of people for using a Wavebird is just childish and stupid -.-

I saw people using just the Wiimote, doesn't mean I can make fun of them for playing with something different than everyone else.

Fun time~

~Snow

Anth0ny

Smash Master
wow RaynEx is TOO GOOD. Beat KDJ? Holy crap son!

And good **** to PC. Hopefully there's more vids than just a set of PC vs. KDJ.

Desh

Smash Ace
Don't give KDJ **** he wasn't even trying.
stop johning for someone else, no one was giving him ****

i dont get why people cant just give someone a good pat on the back and say good stuff when someone does good.

i guess darc beat raynex cuz he wasnt trying, also, pc won because darc wasnt trying.

gj to everyone in the tourny, wish i could have been there D:

nuro

Smash Lord
KDJ wanted to get disqualified to go eat. The only reason he played was because he wanted to partner with Marcus. He even told me himself he was really tired and hungry and wasn't in the mood to be playing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I had to leave my brackets early :( I wish I could have kept playing.

Oh well good stuff everyone see you later on and shoutouts.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Start rant:

1) Why should we bring setups? What incentive is there? NONE. I brought down a tv, wii, extension cord, homebrew channel, SD card. Why? Because I was at BWNY a couple weeks ago and I thought there was gonna be a venue fee that would've been waived by bringing a setup. Venue+entry there = 10 bucks. Entry here = 10 bucks. While I understand that variances are gonna happen, considering how many people there were there, the inconvenience that I went through to bring the huge *** tv down there, and that you decided that running Melee/Brawl/Birthday Party events at the same time was a good idea, it all makes me think that you owe us MUCH MORE THAN A THANK YOU.

2) And that leads into this one: Where the **** do you get off thinking that three events PLUS general shopping/game rentals is gonna go off well? Who was the smart guy who decided to put all these events in the same timeslot at that proportionately small venue? I don't care if your SSF4 event had 28 people; that game is still very new. Plus ... how many people were at MM13? add a degree of variance due to expectance in people's skill level getting to the point where they feel that they are tournament ready, and the knowledge that plenty of people form NY were coming [I don't know if there was a relative amount of people from NY at MM13 and if there were just as many then discard this minipoint.] and CHAIRS! My GOD why do players have to sit on the ground or stand while playing? Even though this was only my second huge tournament [I've been to plenty of really small ones but that's beside the point] you should have the experience and longevity as a store to either a) have extra chairs in a room somewhere or b) have the ability to rent chairs. I've run events for non-smash things and have had to rent chairs; it's not hard. just do it. Because

3) I left that venue feeling unappreciated, sore, bored and I didn't have fun except for when I was talking to some of the cool fellow smashers and while I was playing. Standing around, mostly infront of my tv wondering why the **** a tv 1/4 the size right next to it is emitting 4x the music with nowhere to go because I had to wait for matches to be called was, to be blunt, sucky.

4) Final two points: Next time, set up a friendlies area. While I understand you needed to disqualify/warn people given the circumstances, next time you do this you won't have as many players like me leaving the way I did.

5) I'm not gonna knock you for advertising your event in August. That said, don't waste my time by telling me nothing. That easily could've been said while the matches were going on [like the soda samples]. Saying

"[uhh hey guys come to our super awesome event thats gonna happen sometime in August I think aannd we're gonna call it a convention and it's gonna be our first one ever and the best people from all over are gonna be there and post on the boards so the bank can give us money so that we can give more than 1,000 dollars out and we hope to get more most likely idk but yeah tell everyone please]"

when we could be playing might oh idk move things along a little faster. Even if it's just 2 brawl stocks worth of talking, that's about 1/3 to 1/5 a round closer to getting to Melee singles, which is what I know you wanted SOO bad because every other round you were telling us how crappy a game [that we are playing] brawl is.

TL;DR:

Improve: [do this better]
1. reward for bringing setups
2. Chairs
3. event coordination
4. atmosphere
5. PR

OSM out!
1. I brought wii+brawl/cube+melee, and helped set up for the thing, even though I knew I wasn't even going to enter. I did it for the community, rather than petty, selfish personal interest. No one forced you to bring them, nor told you that bringing them would waive you the fee. It would be nice, but why not just take satisfaction in helping the tourney run *slightly* less chaotically.

2. Yes, more chairs would have been nice.

4. Or we could devote all the TVs to the tourney, and have it run smoothly, because people simply don't try and play friendlies between matches.

5. Dude, these are normal people, not ****ing TV salesmen. The time they wasted was nothing compared to the time people wasted by playing friendlies, not playing matches, and not reporting results.

Also, the brawl bashing was done by the announcers, not store staff. Furthermore, bashing brawl is pretty much a joke now, rather than actual hating on it.

TL;DR
No johns, and I agree about simply running it more efficiently.

Good stuff people. Shoutouts when there's an appropriate thread, and I can think. I just had to respond to this.

idea

Smash Master
KDJ wanted to get disqualified to go eat. The only reason he played was because he wanted to partner with Marcus. He even told me himself he was really tired and hungry and wasn't in the mood to be playing.
then why not just leave brackets? that would seem to involve less playing than playing your sets.

no one was giving him **** either, we were cheering for the other player =P

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Felt good restarting Smash....
Just one thing before I go to sleep.

Dazwa: Your Sig is so good. And lol at our moment of strange staring. Everything was communicated telepathically.

Alukard

Smash Hero
just to let u know raynex ... in the G$ car ride home ... i said u would get 3rd hahaha i'm a genious ... altho i didn't think darc was entering so i didn't count him in lol ... but i knew it was going to be PAPA PC all day repping nyc ^_^

but yea ... sry i was angry about the doubles match canada .. u guys are good ... i just won SD next time ^_-

i hope when u come to my tourney u guys freaking sleep some

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
i helped set up and remove every lcd and wire set, set up 3/4 of the chairs, paid in full everything, and set up numerous brawl and melee setups, plus also fixed broken setups, reported miscalculations and kept the tourny rolling to the best of my ability,,,,,, im not asking for a discount...

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
kdj wouldn't make johns himself so stop johning for him. If he wanted to get disqualified he wouldn't allow matt dot zeb to put him back in winners after I beat him 1st round in singles. * starts drama*

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
kdj just had a rough match set, he doesnt need excuses, he admitted to having a bad round... happens to all of us... its not like he is a bad player i mean have you seen him play... hes a phenom... he won the national tourny for brawl with shiek for christ sake... so yeah just give the guys who beat him props, they deserve as much respect as kdj, and if he can admit defeat then we shouldnt debate it. As for mass madness i thought it was very very good, a few adjustments from perfect... since the last cataclysm in ma, i have had more fun at this tourny than any other one... as for osm bashing the tourny... well hes just mad... it was his choice to bring a setup, like i did, and pay the money to enter... the place had an exit... I dont mean to personally attack him, and I'm sure his critique could mean well, but it was a little exaggerated and unecessary fro what most would say was a pretty fun event..

idea

Smash Master
just to let u know raynex ... in the G$ car ride home ... i said u would get 3rd hahaha i'm a genious ... altho i didn't think darc was entering so i didn't count him in lol ... but i knew it was going to be PAPA PC all day repping nyc ^_^

but yea ... sry i was angry about the doubles match canada .. u guys are good ... i just won SD next time ^_-

i hope when u come to my tourney u guys freaking sleep some
see you in a week =)

for some reason we never sleep. turn off the lights on canada or something next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom