• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Smash Hero
KDJ vs Raynex was

-Fox vs Marth(kdj) battlefield raynex won
-fox ditto poke stadium kdj won
-fox ditto yoshi's island raynex won.

other canadian news, i beat raynex in our falco v. sheik money match, then he beat me in tournament.
i played europhoria too, and i won 2-1

those two guys are really good, too bad the other people couldn't make it =(

- and raynex lost to darc because of brinstar lava

and the funny thing about the kdj v pc set is that it was recorded but it turned out it wasn't even part of the bracket and didn't count. but they were trying so it's basically real...

I'll do shoutouts when i'm not tired as phuck

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
33: If the watchman movie sucks, im going to be the angriest blackman you'll ever see.
The exact wording was supposed to be, "If the Watchmen movie sucks, Imma be the angriest black man you ever did see."

And, ::le sigh:: I need to friggin' step it up.

EDIT: Matt if possible, try to get Bracket Images up, or send the file to JJ Wolf to upload to AiB please. Kthnxbye.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Actually banks, it was really in the bracket. matt.zeb had me and KDJ 1st round in the bracket(for whatever reason, i heard KDJ requested it) and everyone told me i had to fight him. I was kind of puzzled so i asked every one who is in charge of the bracket if this was true. they said yes you have to fight KDJ, so after realizing it wasn't a joke because the tournament organizers told me i had to play KDJ in a tournament match first round of singles. well anyway, i found KDJ and i fought KDJ and won. Then everyone complains to me to let him back in winners because it wouldn't be fair for the losers bracket? I'm sorry matt, You're a cool guy and all but you're the worst tournament host ever. For those who said" KDJ wanted to be disqualified" that's such BS else he wouldn't allow himself to go back into winners after i beat him first round 2-0. I know KDJ himself knows this because he's a man of pride that goes by the motto of no johns :p so you others should stop making johns for him too, he'd want it that way.

also wtf at seeding in teams i mean it didn't bother me too much because i was pretty confident me and cort would be able to win but still <_<. also in singles scar having to fight cactuar in losers pretty early after losing to KDJ in winners who shouldn't of even been in winners. then right after cactuar has to fight wife. i heard banks had to fight his bro relatively early. such terrible seeding but should we really expect more from matt.zebb? he's been fuxing tournaments up for a while now.

Either way, i had fun it was great seeing everyone. Good matches in brawl fatal i could tell u were choking a bit at times i know you're better than me :p GG's though.

Cort- <3

Good stuff to RAYNEX, def proved yourself today.

Darc your hair is so weird but your so cool and ricockulous at melee LOL

Full shoutouts tomorrow i got work in 3 hours and 50 mins :( gnignt

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Actually banks, it was really in the bracket. matt.zeb had me and KDJ 1st round in the bracket(for whatever reason, i heard KDJ requested it) and everyone told me i had to fight him. I was kind of puzzled so i asked every one who is in charge of the bracket if this was true. they said yes you have to fight KDJ, so after realizing it wasn't a joke because the tournament organizers told me i had to play KDJ in a tournament match first round of singles. well anyway, i found KDJ and i fought KDJ and won. Then everyone complains to me to let him back in winners because it wouldn't be fair for the losers bracket? I'm sorry matt, You're a cool guy and all but you're the worst tournament host ever. For those who said" KDJ wanted to be disqualified" that's such BS else he wouldn't allow himself to go back into winners after i beat him first round 2-0. I know KDJ himself knows this because he's a man of pride that goes by the motto of no johns :p so you others should stop making johns for him too, he'd want it that way.

also wtf at seeding in teams i mean it didn't bother me too much because i was pretty confident me and cort would be able to win but still <_<. also in singles scar having to fight cactuar in losers pretty early after losing to KDJ in winners who shouldn't of even been in winners. then right after cactuar has to fight wife. i heard banks had to fight his bro relatively early. such terrible seeding but should we really expect more from matt.zebb? he's been fuxing tournaments up for a while now.

Either way, i had fun it was great seeing everyone. Good matches in brawl fatal i could tell u were choking a bit at times i know you're better than me :p GG's though.

Cort- <3

Good stuff to RAYNEX, def proved yourself today.

Darc your hair is so weird but your so cool and ricockulous at melee LOL

Full shoutouts tomorrow i got work in 3 hours and 50 mins :( gnignt
But... I'm still awesome right sir... Right...

"You would be if you stopped playing Sonic..."

Those comments were depressing, I can't remember the last time I played Sonic in a tourney...

But to be fair, Matt didn't seed teams. Elen did. I don't know who did the official seeding for Melee Singles, as I was there for it(since I really shouldn't be) but teams was done by Elen and me and Matt fixed the region problems that were brought up to us.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
poor kid, sets a tourny for over 100 people for brawl alone, and gets **** on when people dont follow the rules... i liked mass madness, there were tvs and people to play smash with, that waus enough for me... PC, told me online that you retired??? was that to throw me off? Yeah it was weird having seeds in the team brackets, and the pc vs kdj thing was interesting... but i see a lot of negative commentary about this tournament and it is getting annoying... we don't have a lot of tourneys in ma, some of us are grateful just to have them. nothing is ever perfect. this isn't even an official east coast region tournament, it was held by a friendly game store that went far enough out of their way on their busiest day of business to provide a place (which exceeded max capacity) for people in MA to have a tourney. Id say 12-13 hours of straight smashing with friendly faces and new opponents is enough. there were a few setbacks, like constant friendlies interfering with the tournament flow... that wasn't the tournaments fault though... was it? Please bear in mind that the only people who ever seem to bother setting tournaments around these areas are the people you claim are "the worst tournament hosts ever"... I would know seeing as I helped make space, chairs, setups, etc. In a room so packed with people its amazing that the tournament functioned the way it did... Please spare the grateful and hardworking people that made this tournament possible the disrespect, especially on a thread directly related to the tournament, on the most prominent smash community online. It's not like this is the first mass madness ever you guys... cut the guys some slack please. As for people whining about setups, deductions, and not having to pay full price, KEEP DREAMING! You wouldn't go to the tournament hosts of Cataclysm and demand a pot reduction because you brought a setup + wii + whatever... I have to go to RI for work in 4.5 hours so I'm going to sleep,,, this large comment was not aimed in anyone in particular, but the group as a whole... The more you bash the people that make this possible... the less likely you are going to see another tournament around here..

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So wait.

People complained that KDJ would be in losers and that they'd have no chance so they trade him for PC Chris?

I don't see the difference...

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i dont know if that was the case but yeah... i just dont like how people complain about MassMadness, it was a great time and thats what it's all about

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
So wait.

People complained that KDJ would be in losers and that they'd have no chance so they trade him for PC Chris?

I don't see the difference...
well i beat kdj first round of winners bracket lol apparently right after the set the say it doesn't count but right before i played kdj i asked the tounament organizers if this was legit and true and they said yes, so i knocked kdj into losers originally but the they just switched things up and moved him to the other side of the winners bracket because they didnt want him destroying the losers bracket. meanwhile i got i had to either fight a random dude or get a bye.

S.B.Soldier - i didn't attend a tournament for a good 8 months but i started again in 2009. also many people coming as far away as 8 hours for this tournament (wife) cactuar and scar coming from 5 1/2 hours the rest of NY and i coming from 3 1/2 hours. maine coming from god knows how long maybe like 3-5 hours? i think we deserve a fair tournament with proper seeding. its not that hard lol. i dont care if you think its annoying, he did a terrible job again and this isn't the first time this has happened he's just a poor TO.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
well i beat kdj first round of winners bracket lol apparently right after the set the say it doesn't count but right before i played kdj i asked the tounament organizers if this was legit and true and they said yes, so i knocked kdj into losers originally but the they just switched things up and moved him to the other side of the winners bracket because they didnt want him destroying the losers bracket. meanwhile i got i had to either fight a random dude or get a bye.

S.B.Soldier - i didn't attend a tournament for a good 8 months but i started again in 2009. also many people coming as far away as 8 hours for this tournament (wife) cactuar and scar coming from 5 1/2 hours the rest of NY and i coming from 3 1/2 hours. maine coming from god knows how long maybe like 3-5 hours? i think we deserve a fair tournament with proper seeding. its not that hard lol. i dont care if you think its annoying, he did a terrible job again and this isn't the first time this has happened he's just a poor TO.
its statements like this that piss me off when i see tournaments like this end the way they do. As a TO i really must say everything that PC told me is FAIL. Cactuar playing Scar and Wife early. Then banks and thorn having to play each other even though they are brothers. WTF man also WTF at KDJ vs PC chris 1st round. NO MATTER WHAT you never put 2 top players facing each other 1st round. It will ruin the tournament. EVEN if kdj requested you say NO please settle it in a money match or something. Then to say it isnt fair and bring kdj back to winners after he lost to PC chris is just not right. This tournament has had one of the worst seeding i had ever seen and for the hosts to allow this kind of thing to happen is just sad. I aint blaming Matt.Zeb individually. All the tourney hosts of this tournament should be ashamed of that seeding. Did you even use tio cause it doesnt look like it. did u just randomly seed on tio and say pshh thats fine. cause its not.

ATTENTION ALL TO's or POTENTIAL TO's or WANNABE TO's:

Please if you are a credible TO continue to host great tournaments, with huge turnouts and features. TO's that are BRAND NEW with no experience please LEARN before you host a big tourney. Do a couple small tourneys and it is ok to ask for help if you dont know what your doing. Being a TO is ALOT HARDER then it appears You pretty much have to know the entire community and how they play and have placed in the past in order to seed correctly for the future. you also have to maintain large crowds and you have to be prompt. It is alot of responsibility to host a tournament especially one of that magnitude. if you cant do it or have failed as this one has ..... even if u had fun it was done wrong, then stop and learn first.

Also i notice alot of people get jealous in the TO world. i aint pointing anyone out or anything. but sometimes you go to a huge tourney and u see the respect and attention the TO usually gets. Maybe you even think wow he can make some money of this and you say pshhh not so hard ima do it to and it is NOT THAT EASY. Dont be expecting to make alot of money to do this cause it is all about reputation and if you fail your rep goes down. After all people are coming from all over to meet and smash lets not let them down.

XD thanx for listening and please keep that in mind.

ps. dont mind capitalization and spelling errors i wrote this quick XD

Credible TO's in my opinion are.

Inui, Alex Strife, Me(KnightMare), Scar, Alukard, Minibosses, Mages, Plank and there are more but i dont wanna think to name everyone i trust as of right now

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this was pretty awesome at some parts, but I have to agree it was run poorly, and not just with the weird seeding debacle, etc.

The worst thing, I think, were the problems that resulted in having Brawl Singles first: You guys had to turn almost all the Melee setups into Brawl setups, and that made sense, but after an hour and a half, many of them were being used for friendlies and a few of them were sitting around not doing anything at all for the ENTIRE tournament. You never changed them back (at least when I left at 8. three hours after Melee singles was supposed to start, I'm sure mad friendlies ensued after), and it could have made Melee Doubles run faster.

tl;dr, I love Brawl, but when you have a tourney where the main draw is the people travelling for Melee and SKLER is playing Brawl, GAME OVER.

pc we didn't get to mm, how about we make it up later on brawl wifi am i rite

Scar

#HarveyDent
i had a lot of fun, im pretty pissed about the seeding lol i think if you guys would have asked for my help a little more we could have done it far better

i.e. we could have ran pools at like 5pm when brawl and melee teams were both using like 10 of the 25 setups max

but anyways kdj was too fun to play against, scar + wife is the best team ever, awesome seeing canada again and i'll see you all next weekend

manalord sorry we didnt get to moneymatch, i wanted to but then our TV devolved into falcon FFAs

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I helped seed singles but I didn't help the seeding by region I just placed people by skill, I figured when I left everything else will be sorted out.

For that I'll man up and apologize, if I started with helping seeding I should have stayed the whole time. However, I agree that regional seeding was extremely poor and you know its the case when at the start of doubles I counted 8 teams had to go up and ask for bracket changes because they were playing people they came in cars with.

But whatever onto the show: Shoutoutsies.

Dave: I didn't see you like at all this tournament, You always seem like you're in the worst moods, come on buddy why so serious.

Port Chester Christopher: I liked it better when you quit, you're a cool guy and all but you're like kinda good at this melee and Brawl thing so if you would kindly step it down... either that or you can just split with me every tourney.

Cort: I didn't see you around much yesterday but your matches were fun to watch and it was nice seeing you again.

HaileyM: Dayummm, I can't believe we won a tournament set haha thanks for coming up with me and seeing why I like smash so much, Prodigy in the making, PC she's gunning for you.

Cactuar: We didn't get to play :(, but seeing you is a pleasure as always and fun jokes about teaming with Me and Hailey for singles lol.

Roman: Dude you beat Hailey :(, we're no longer friends I'm never talking to you again.
(Hi Roman <3)

Skler: I think this is the least I've ever seen you around at a Mass Madness, there were just way to many people haha, I like never saw you.

Scar: Falcon free for alls on Yoshi's WITH Pokeballs! Too good man, This guy won't even play brawl if he gets entered for free that's dedication right thurr. Fun conversations Hailey said she thought you were really nice as well and its always a pleasure to see you again.

Wife: Welcome back to Melee shame we didn't get to play in tournament since I had to leave :( would have been interesting.. But oh well it was nice talking to you and hearing you commentate behind me on DJ's matches brought back MLG memories ^_^.

Darc: Stop being so good :( haha those matches were too close, but thank god you didn't go falcon.. I apparently don't like that match up to much. I thought I had you on stadium, but oh well ggs regardless. Also... You shoulda had that one.

Dazwa: Another person I barely saw but great job on Brawl you're too good, I understand you were afraid of money matching me but perhaps next time we'll do it for sure.

DJ Nintendo: Dude we now have the same exact bowser plushies, WTF we're the coolest kids in the school. Good seeing you and nice matches in teams.

Raynx: More like sleepynx

Banks: Pleasure seeing you, you always make me laugh your conversations with PC were hilarious ignoring his point ftw.

Th0rn: I like didn't see you around much but when I did it was a pleasure to see you wish we could have played, we honestly like never have :\.

Pine: Honestly man you're like my brother its ridiculous, those team friendlies were so much fun haha, and at least I defended my honor of Mewtwo vs Fox on FD, I wasn't letting shiz like that go down :p. Haha.

Alukard: Wow man too much fun in teams thanks for being a good sport and making sure Hailey had fun, I always always enjoy seeing you its too good shame we didn't play a lot but as usual to much fun.

G Money: I would have played doubles with you ALLLLLL nighhtttttt

Irish Mafia: Fun MM, keep working on that peach you're getting the fundamentals down now just work on being smarter.

Dudatsai: Good jiggs still, I feel bad saying my fox was rusty and then exploding on that first stock haha.. I guess he wasn't as rusty as I thought.

Foy(roygay): WE FINALLY HAVE PLAYED! Tournament set is to good, relieving some old gamefaqs days and the Bowser Ditto has FINALLY happened. haha so much fun man I couldn't believe you were finally coming to a tournament here hah.

TML: Keep coming to these it's cool beanis.

Reno: more like I didn't see you like all day oh, But man i stole yo candy so goods. Thank god I found them in my hand when they went missing for you.

If I forgot you just mention it and I'll through you in derr

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Start rant:

1) Why should we bring setups? What incentive is there? NONE. I brought down a tv, wii, extension cord, homebrew channel, SD card. Why? Because I was at BWNY a couple weeks ago and I thought there was gonna be a venue fee that would've been waived by bringing a setup. Venue+entry there = 10 bucks. Entry here = 10 bucks. While I understand that variances are gonna happen, considering how many people there were there, the inconvenience that I went through to bring the huge *** tv down there, and that you decided that running Melee/Brawl/Birthday Party events at the same time was a good idea, it all makes me think that you owe us MUCH MORE THAN A THANK YOU.

2) And that leads into this one: Where the **** do you get off thinking that three events PLUS general shopping/game rentals is gonna go off well? Who was the smart guy who decided to put all these events in the same timeslot at that proportionately small venue? I don't care if your SSF4 event had 28 people; that game is still very new. Plus ... how many people were at MM13? add a degree of variance due to expectance in people's skill level getting to the point where they feel that they are tournament ready, and the knowledge that plenty of people form NY were coming [I don't know if there was a relative amount of people from NY at MM13 and if there were just as many then discard this minipoint.] and CHAIRS! My GOD why do players have to sit on the ground or stand while playing? Even though this was only my second huge tournament [I've been to plenty of really small ones but that's beside the point] you should have the experience and longevity as a store to either a) have extra chairs in a room somewhere or b) have the ability to rent chairs. I've run events for non-smash things and have had to rent chairs; it's not hard. just do it. Because

3) I left that venue feeling unappreciated, sore, bored and I didn't have fun except for when I was talking to some of the cool fellow smashers and while I was playing. Standing around, mostly infront of my tv wondering why the **** a tv 1/4 the size right next to it is emitting 4x the music with nowhere to go because I had to wait for matches to be called was, to be blunt, sucky.

4) Final two points: Next time, set up a friendlies area. While I understand you needed to disqualify/warn people given the circumstances, next time you do this you won't have as many players like me leaving the way I did.

5) I'm not gonna knock you for advertising your event in August. That said, don't waste my time by telling me nothing. That easily could've been said while the matches were going on [like the soda samples]. Saying

"[uhh hey guys come to our super awesome event thats gonna happen sometime in August I think aannd we're gonna call it a convention and it's gonna be our first one ever and the best people from all over are gonna be there and post on the boards so the bank can give us money so that we can give more than 1,000 dollars out and we hope to get more most likely idk but yeah tell everyone please]"

when we could be playing might oh idk move things along a little faster. Even if it's just 2 brawl stocks worth of talking, that's about 1/3 to 1/5 a round closer to getting to Melee singles, which is what I know you wanted SOO bad because every other round you were telling us how crappy a game [that we are playing] brawl is.

TL;DR:

Improve: [do this better]
1. reward for bringing setups
2. Chairs
3. event coordination
4. atmosphere
5. PR

and you'll have not only a successful event but a spectacular event.

Oh and to anyone who played on Brawl TV 7 and saved a replay, I'll have the files on rapidshare eventually. I'll post that later. Or PM me.

OSM out!
The #1 reason for bringing a setup should be to help the tourney run more smoothly. It was your choice to bring the TV. You shouldn't have just assumed you were going to be compensated. Also, I didn't drive to this tourney. I had to carry my setup to the bus stop then through Providence to a second bus. Stop complaining.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind sitting on the floor? Like, at all?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Credible TO's in my opinion are.

Inui, Alex Strife, Me(KnightMare), Scar, Alukard, Minibosses, Mages, Plank and there are more but i dont wanna think to name everyone i trust as of right now
You forgot Ace! :bee:

And about sitting on the floor... Its cool but after a long set both my legs are asleep... then I am afraid to get up because I will look ******** so I crawl places and then I look more ********... No wonder I don't seem to be making friends lol!

Scar

#HarveyDent
zoso is right, it's about community and doing your part for the tourney, even though he is the only person who doesn't mind the floor

also i must say that locationwise and venuewise mass madness has the potential to be a phenomenal tournament month in and month out, but it seems that you just can't help dropping the ball on stupid stuff

right now mass madness is so hit or miss which makes it hard to commit to driving 5.5 hrs to get there

Banks

Smash Hero
Basically what happened behind the scenes was KDJ "told" mattdotzeb to put him vs pc for whatever reason, and matt said yes, which was dumb and started the whole **** thing. as they were playing, about 20 different people went up to matt and told him that pc and dj should be spread out as far as **** possible, and asking if he knows how to seed. the real problem is matt listening to people telling him to do stuff that is horribly illogical. no one wanted to "trade" pc for dj, it was just that neither of them should be in the loser's bracket for quite a while. cactuar playing scar AND wife is also /facepalm.

as for fighting my brother, it wasn't horribly early... but yea i would have liked to get a chance to play and lose to someone who isn't my **** brother, we should be spread out more as should anyone who lives in the same house. >_>

really though, i had fun and it turned out all right because pc won anyway lmao.

Banks

Smash Hero
i remember him saying "last call only 22 people have signed up so far" so i guess 25 people signed up after that LOL

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah it was stupid to let kdj and pc play that early, if anything you can just seed them so they would obviously play in quarters -- which even then is a stupid move

but this whole thing irritated me b/c kdj lost to PC and then took me out of winners, where he shouldn't have been in the first place, then i lost to cactuar who i play every single day who knows my style better than anyone else on the planet

i mean i got 9th i'm not miserable but losing to kdj and tuar under the circumstances was pretty irritating

banks i think everyone was playing teams and when they heard last call they all got up

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaam this mass madness was kinda fun.

raynex - cant be mad, yea i wasn't playin dat good at all in the tourny match but it's all good. ur cool peeps, good stuff to u and ur partner (have no idea what his name is) and good stuff in singles

kevin m - why was our tourny match so EPIC!!! dat partner u got is scary, especially when she would meta knight hide on top platforms. lol **** is cheating

Banks - y we be rapin in team friendlys?!?!

Cactuar - y we be bastin in team friendlys?!!?

cort - your peach in teams look like harriet tubman fighting for her rights. good stuff

pc - good stuff as usual, heard you put the whoopin on kdj's marfh. let me know if we still down to team for the next regular bi-weekly

darc - STOP RESTIN IN TEAMS DAMMIT. HATE CHU!! fun matches, wait till i learn dat jiggs match up. comin straight for u!!

dazwa - just more flame to the fire. stop helpin dat ***** rest me or u gon get it too.

omg i'm still mad tired so i know i'm excluding mad ppl. but good **** to everybody and get *****!!

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I would first like to apologize. My comment about the event in August was uncalled for. Everything else however I am sticking to my guns about unless you persuade me otherwise.

The #1 reason for bringing a setup should be to help the tourney run more smoothly. It was your choice to bring the TV. You shouldn't have just assumed you were going to be compensated. Also, I didn't drive to this tourney. I had to carry my setup to the bus stop then through Providence to a second bus. Stop complaining.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind sitting on the floor? Like, at all?
Look through my post and tell me exactly where I said that I made such an assumption. Also look through my post and tell me where I complained; that was a rant, a take of my experience there.

Then ask yourself two questions. 1), why would I make this post and 2) why would you want to respond to it. To the former, if the event staff considers my thoughts when they plan their next event, then that is a net gain. Even if they don't do anything differently. To the latter, I respect you for your dedication, defending the event and your experiences at the event.

I enjoyed the event. That doesn't mean it was perfect. That is what forums are for; we constantly improve ourselves and that which we associate ourselves with.

zoso is right, it's about community and doing your part for the tourney, even though he is the only person who doesn't mind the floor

also i must say that locationwise and venuewise mass madness has the potential to be a phenomenal tournament month in and month out, but it seems that you just can't help dropping the ball on stupid stuff
Both valid points. I'm all for helping the community too, but you can't deny that putting up some incentive would raise the setup count.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Today's process:
11:00; wake up, listen to radio
11:15 reminisce on tourney
11:30 recall wise words provided to me by wife
12:00 Make pancakes with excessive butter, curse Darc for stealing your awesome new tag
12:30 go on SWF and brag about awesome pancakes/curse darc for the above

Darc I hate you

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Good **** @ this, first tournament I didn't totally freeze up in. Might have to main samus now though.

Shoutouts once I find the results thread...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Look through my post and tell me exactly where I said that I made such an assumption.
I brought down a tv, wii, extension cord, homebrew channel, SD card. Why? Because I was at BWNY a couple weeks ago and I thought there was gonna be a venue fee that would've been waived by bringing a setup.
Having your entry fee waived counts as compensation.

Also look through my post and tell me where I complained; that was a rant, a take of my experience there.
com·plain
intr.v.
1. to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault: He complained constantly about the noise in the corridor.
2. to tell of one's pains, ailments, etc.: to complain of a backache.
3. to make a formal accusation: If you think you've been swindled, complain to the police.

Then ask yourself two questions. 1), why would I make this post and 2) why would you want to respond to it. To the former, if the event staff considers my thoughts when they plan their next event, then that is a net gain. Even if they don't do anything differently. To the latter, I respect you for your dedication, defending the event and your experiences at the event.

I enjoyed the event. That doesn't mean it was perfect. That is what forums are for; we constantly improve ourselves and that which we associate ourselves with.
That's all well and good, but if I think your complaints are totally foundless, I'm going to pipe up.

Buuman

Smash Ace
You forgot Ace! :bee:

And about sitting on the floor... Its cool but after a long set both my legs are asleep... then I am afraid to get up because I will look ******** so I crawl places and then I look more ********... No wonder I don't seem to be making friends lol!
hahahaha, thats great xD

Also, I forgot who's Wii I had tourney matches on, but a ton of matches were recorded on it. Minis lucarios match is on that as well.

And any word on the results thread?

Matt.Zebb - good **** man for running the tourney, I know everyone is busting your balls, but I appreciate you going through the trouble

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
why are people *****ing about not getting money off for bringing a setup there wasn't even a venue fee.
Would you rather have to pay a 10 dollar venue fee on top of entry fee, just so you could get something like 5 dollars off. That's ********.

It also seems like brawl people don't bring many set-ups. It's kind of unfair to all the melee people who bring set-ups, but being forced to use them for brawl. Someone suggested that maybe people should bring set-ups for what game they want, and it should be used exclusively for that game. But the problem is, if that were to be the case there would only be like 8 set-ups for 100+ brawl people. That says something about the brawl community.

Generally I think mdz did an ok job, he actually finished all the events, albeit a bit late.

He was incredibly dumb for doing that whole pc vs kdj first round thing though.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Apparently KevinM doesn't love me anymore. :'(

:p

I forgot to plug Super Mass Bros before all the brawlers peaced out during Melee, that makes me sad, but all the Mass Brawl players should definatly travel to Greenfield this weekend for my tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom