• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Metagame Thread

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wheres the updated bracket stuff for MLG btw?

I was talking to Mike, he says he has to play biglou next, and then if he wins, Atomsk.
(Hes currently 4th round of winners).

However shop is closing up, so those matches are going to be played tomorrow morning (Americaaaaaa time).

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Chaz (FL Marth) is tearing it up right now. He took out Neo, Ajax, and Malcolm in losers so far. Anyone heard of this guy before? I'm interested in seeing some of his vids and placements now.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I looked up vids and found a medicore MK or somthing from 2008, unless i am just looking incorrectly he doesn't have much advertisement wise

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
He looks good but not like mikehaze tier, then again this was 6 months ago

ALso i would like to add i think marth mains are starting to underestimate the use of U throw, varying on character but it seems at percents 50 and up it allows for safer follow ups due to u air having more range and sets up for more practical juggles. Obviously we will have to read airdodges but as fair as I know our u air beats our outranges just about every dair., even if an oppenent manages to dodge follow up it doesnt usually put marth in any bad zones.

Is there any reason we don't use U throw to start a follow up?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Chaz beat Pierce at genesis.
Hes definitely very good and pretty smart player from when Ive had some tidbit opportunities to chat to him. He knows a lot about different things Marth can do, so yeah.
he seems to be really good at the marth ditto too.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
He looks good but not like mikehaze tier, then again this was 6 months ago

ALso i would like to add i think marth mains are starting to underestimate the use of U throw, varying on character but it seems at percents 50 and up it allows for safer follow ups due to u air having more range and sets up for more practical juggles. Obviously we will have to read airdodges but as fair as I know our u air beats our outranges just about every dair., even if an oppenent manages to dodge follow up it doesnt usually put marth in any bad zones.

Is there any reason we don't use U throw to start a follow up?
Uair has ALOT of lag after the hitbox ends.... unless you do it by the ground it's not good for juggling imo

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mike said he was fine with losing and he got outplayed. It gives him an obvious area to work on, which is great for just about anyone who plays this game competitively.

Lou did really well. Mad props to him taking out some of the best users of luigis hardest match ups in the world :)
Its a shame how counterproductive (for all :() the lack of video coverage at MLG is.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Maybe, but you never discredit the opponent.

BigLou was amazing. Mike can do better next time.
its mikes fault if he doesn't know a match up, hence regardless Biglou did better.

that and mike had 2 sets biglou clearly did better

∫unk

Smash Master
No, if you just immediately say "well I didn't know the matchup" it sounds like an excuse.

The way and order you say things is important.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Biglou is legit.

I'm sad people like him aren't so well-known.

Man, NW needs more Snakes, Felix lost twice to that MU (and it is a pretty hard one for Diddy).

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah supposedly snake is his hardest matchup if the snake knows it since snake lives so long and can deal with nanas decently

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
and he has the rocket sexy kick which will eject diddy off stage when he trips diddy. but this is marth metagame thread so lets stay on topic

Mr-R

Smash Champion
meh Im awful at it as well, for some weird reason I get grabbed alot when playing against diddy

Mr-R

Smash Champion
so u mean like insta throwing when hes throwing a nana towards u, or when a nana/item is on the ground ( like the ones u linked )
and even then his fair utterly annoys me

Top Bottom