• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Is Sooo Gayy!!!

Myztek

Smash Ace
I agree with you. Marth is the character I hate fighting the most (next to Jiggz.. can't stand Jiggz).
I especially hate it when I'm playing against someone who mains a space animal, I beat them, then they switch to Marth and beat me :-/

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I agree with you. Marth is the character I hate fighting the most (next to Jiggz.. can't stand Jiggz).
I especially hate it when I'm playing against someone who mains a space animal, I beat them, then they switch to Marth and beat me :-/
marth is sooo gay but jiggz is SOOO BROKEN

unknown522

Some guy
Lol, I prefer to fight marth with falco than with fox, other than on dreamland sometimes.

Marth as a character pisses me off, but I am aware that fox and falco are gayer, so it's all good. Playing mid tiers vs marth is a ***** and pisses me off.

Oh and defensive marths.

BO10, just keep at it.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Falco has the advantage, however tenuous. Only problem, Falco gets horribly ***** unless he knows how to play the matchup right.

i.e. Experienced = 55:45 Falco.
Inexperienced = like 65:35 Marth.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Marth is one of my favorite matchups recently. You just shoot him up until he can running powershield you and then you switch it up into comboing his balls off. You just have so much control in the matchup. It's all about preventing him from turning it around on you.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
How2playFalcovs.Marf, simple version:

Step 1: Shoot him until he gets this close:

Step 2: Once he's that close, stay mobile and bait his approach without shooting (cause then he can powershield -> grab -> death combo you), typically with Dash Dances/Empty Short Hops. Whatever you do, don't approach into his DD until he's too close to be able to pivot grab your shffl nair. This spacing is difficult, but get used to it.

Step 3: Once he's overstepped his bounds with his DD or commits to moving forward, approach him with shffl nair. If it's the dash dancing case, you wait until his DD starts moving towards you and then you over shoot him to where his backwards dash will take him. If he shields, you have a ton of great shield pressure options cause his shield is small, just be sure not to aerial too early (as that makes reacting and grabbing easy for him). If you hit him you get to combo his balls off.

You also can exploit Marth's slow aerial speed by using a lot of Full Jump -> double jump baits that are hard to react to, especially if you have platforms to abort your attack with (e.g. Full Hop, fast fall at him with no aerial, DJ before his utilt would make it to you, if he utilts, fast fall your double jump with a dair on him during his lag, if he doesn't bite the bait, just waveland on top platform out of your double jump.)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL, are you sure you posted the right video? Thats an unlikely spacing, haha

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Haha, alright. This sounds good. So what if he starts coming at me with fairs or nairs?

Second question, just in general. How should you punish someone who double jump baits you? Falcon and marth in particular.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Falcon can book it upwards and has a ****ing massive uair hitbox, so he can follow a DJ bait with FH uair and **** it. Fox can too. Marth has trouble with it, which is why I said it's good to use vs. him. As Marth, your best option is to not take the bait and just try to move out from under the top platform.

If Marth is attacking you with fairs or nairs, you're not getting the jump on him with your nair the way you should. It's kinda hard to explain, but the basic idea is that if he's jumping at you you should be fading back and shooting lasers to re-ground him and then approach him while he's grounded, which means that you should generally be getting into the air quicker than he.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i think defensive falco loses to defensive marth. but agggro falco beats anything marth has. you have get uber aggressive without fear. that being said, it's basically even from both sides. i've seen some ugly matches from both sides of the matchup. it can't be downright nasty

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't think posting a video will do much for him when he could just as easily look it up himself.

BO10, if you want to we can get on AIM again and I can talk to you about your MM with Diakonos. I bet it'll be helpful. =)

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Don't hate on the Marth...he's all I got...well...him and fox...and diddy...-.-

If you really hate Marth, play me, lol I'm sure you'll lose your annoyance with him! :D

(That's a joke about how much I suck...)

Top Bottom