• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Frame Data

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Alright thanks for clearing that up. I'm kinda finding it ironic that the best attacks on shields are untipper hits >_>

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I don't know any character that has an u-smash that comes out in 5 frames.....
Eh, not that it matters all that much, but Charizard's comes out on Frame 5. Zelda's is Frame 6, which means avoidable, so as long as you push her away and don't spotdodge poorly, it shouldn't hit.

+1 post in Marth board.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
For Charizard I'm going to bet my money that the initial hitbox will miss Marth, that and people really don't u-smash OoS that often. Or I haven't seen too much of it.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It'll probably miss. Depends on positioning... and yeah, Usmash OoS is definitely something I use (with those two characters at least).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Okay, read the argument on Shaya and Junk. You two shouldn't fight, since you do both know your **** pretty well.

In retrospect I'll say Junk is right that I do NOT use first hit Nair, and that I do NOT think I'm as good as other people think I am. I think I still have quite a while to go

I also think First hit Nair should not be used stupidly often, but perhaps as a mix-up that I'll try reincorperating into my game. I've been obsessed with Uair and Shieldbreaker. Shieldbreaker is Marth's most underused move by a lot.

Also, Platform camping is stupid, you were right Junk. It's mad good. I broke my opponent's shield by Fair camping them when they trying to approach me on a platform on Lylat, and then killed them with fully charged tipper reverse Fsmash (to hit them off the platform above me). It was some sexy shiz.

∫unk

Smash Master
Okay, read the argument on Shaya and Junk. You two shouldn't fight, since you do both know your **** pretty well.

In retrospect I'll say Junk is right that I do NOT use first hit Nair, and that I do NOT think I'm as good as other people think I am. I think I still have quite a while to go

I also think First hit Nair should not be used stupidly often, but perhaps as a mix-up that I'll try reincorperating into my game. I've been obsessed with Uair and Shieldbreaker. Shieldbreaker is Marth's most underused move by a lot.

Also, Platform camping is stupid, you were right Junk. It's mad good. I broke my opponent's shield by Fair camping them when they trying to approach me on a platform on Lylat, and then killed them with fully charged tipper reverse Fsmash (to hit them off the platform above me). It was some sexy shiz.
Wow Dan you've grown <3 much respect for you.

I have nothing against Shaya. I just fight fire with stronger fire to prove a point :) He's a pretty good Marth but no one qualifies to have attitude.

There's an old Buddhist saying... admitting weakness is the first step to gaining strength. I'm always re-examining my own game as I'm sure you are too.

This thread is cool but there's some potential top Marth's in this thread that should post less and play more :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wow Dan you've grown <3 much respect for you.

I have nothing against Shaya. I just fight fire with stronger fire to prove a point :) He's a pretty good Marth but no one qualifies to have attitude.

There's an old Buddhist saying... admitting weakness is the first step to gaining strength. I'm always re-examining my own game as I'm sure you are too.

This thread is cool but there's some potential top Marth's in this thread that should post less and play more :D
I have nothing against you either.

I think the biggest misunderstanding was that I was coming from the side who (yes, there's always the chance I could have gotten it wrong, etc etc, and I'd be the first to openly admit my mistake if something came up otherwise) had extensively tested so so many things relating to first hit of nair. Also, talking about fire, yes you fought with strong fire ;_; I fought with the power of love! :chuckle:

Anyway, I am mostly interested in the uairs, was I correct in reading in saying that untippered have 20 frames of hitstun? As in enough to throw in a bloody tippered nair that is Marth's most powerful aerial? And considering how **** untippered uair is... that's sexy.

P.S. I'll race to 1500 posts. I'll just spam up the smash64 boards with awesome metagame ness tactics.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol... while you are at it can you get the spot dodge, roll, shield, unshield, and air dodge frame data too? I just want to know if you get the same results as Ankoku.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Not to put any more on your plate Steel...

But do you have the frame data for the getting up animations (roll either way, stand up, get up attack) and ledge options (attack, stand, roll, jump)?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Rolling isnt bad...as long as u dont use it as ur primary movement (I've seen complete-noobs do this and my eyes bleed). Why roll when u have awesome walking speed?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I like walking.... *looks at Lucario's roll* sigh...

Ok Im exaggerating but I roll as much as a I dsmash...not that much. Walking kinda ***** rolling.

Anyways good stuff Steel.

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
not trying to be a d*** or anything

im just curious on the frame data on Marth's grab attack, tumble attack/get up/roll dodge and Marth's ledge attack/get up/jump/roll dodge on both over and under 100%. i think it would be useful to get this frame data. btw how do you collect frame data? i never understood how.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
im just curious on the frame data on Marth's grab attack, tumble attack/get up/roll dodge and Marth's ledge attack/get up/jump/roll dodge on both over and under 100%. i think it would be useful to get this frame data. btw how do you collect frame data? i never understood how.
I think it was said earlier in the topic. Basically you use a 60fps video camera, upload to a computer and look at the video frame by frame.

Anyways, I believe roll dodge forward and backwards have been covered, but I guess it's true that we don't have the frame data for most of Marth's ledge options. lol poor steel.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I don't even put it on my computer, it screws up the frames. I just do it right off my camera

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
I think it was said earlier in the topic. Basically you use a 60fps video camera, upload to a computer and look at the video frame by frame.

Anyways, I believe roll dodge forward and backwards have been covered, but I guess it's true that we don't have the frame data for most of Marth's ledge options. lol poor steel.
sounds like too much work :laugh:. i mean the roll dodge out of his tumble animation and the roll dodge getting up from the ledge.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
That complicates things
Not really >>
It hardly has any impact. 3 frame difference in frame advantage between completely fresh and completely stale(that's using it 9 times). That's about how much we give for the best of the best human reaction time. Actually still less.
Besides, that has always been there. It doesn't change much >>

Top Bottom