• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth FAQ: Have a question? It may already be answered in THIS topic!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This would belong in the Q&A thread. But yes that happens, nobody to my knowledge is quite sure why.
"Nobody"?

Oh how wrong you are dear Bengals.

It occurs on the left side of battlefield specifically (a lot more often that is) because the edge of battlefield is not 'smooth' like the right side. While making battlefield they left a rocky surface that surrounds the surface of the 'edge'. You can check it out in normal camera view of the stage.

Also jesus ****ing christ El Cid, did you not see me answer this already? QUESTION BLOODY SIXTEEN.

"Double Dolphin Slash - This is also a bug that is generally rare and because of this not exactly useful. While Marth recovers using his DS he may 'skip' grabbing the edge and lose his vunerability. If you're expecting it you can use attacks. However if you weren't expecting it you could fall to your death. This seems to work most often on Battle Field. The character WOLF has this happen to him a lot more often than Marth does."

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Umm is waveblade useful? I was thinking it's look useless and it just make you move back so there any example where it can be useful before i try to this tech? ty

Hype

Smash Lord
@Shaya: If there's ever a time where you have nothing to do, you should go through the "Ask a quick question thread" and add People's Questions and Answers to the OP.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
does anyone know if Nair counts as 2 hits for the Stale move Queue?
Im pretty sure it counts as one hit because your only inputting one move. Neutral A.

If you had to press A twice for the nair, it would be 2 moves.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@Shaya: If there's ever a time where you have nothing to do, you should go through the "Ask a quick question thread" and add People's Questions and Answers to the OP.
I barely touch that topic. It's become a bit more than quick answers everytime I look at it. Hence I ask those that frequent it to look out for 'new' common questions themselves.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Is it necessary to keep jump tap on to play marf? I know you can up b out of shield without it... idk is it much more reliable to keep it on?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's more reliable to keep it on.

The main page says why you should keep it on (ease of up b out of shield). The way to do it without tap jump links to a topic that pretty much says you gotta shield drop/jump first or something; but the timing is hard...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, I disagree. It's not absolutely mandatory to do so. For a while, UpB was a really popular option, now it's not. It's still really strong, and really useful, but Shield Drop Dancing Blade and SHFair OOS is really good. Myself? I like FHDair. More damage, never stale, variable DI.

Tap jump on is the better option, but not mandatory.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'd say the general movement of zeh metagame is that "you can't just use a multi hit move on Marth, ****wit". G&W's aren't going to be bairing your shield, etc etc. Times have changed quite a bit since it was "Marth's ultimate defense that destroys the universe". It doesn't mean you should restrict the option, I don't exactly want to be explaining to people in a couple of months asking "OH MAN PEOPLE ALWAYS ARE ****** MY SHIELD AND I CANT DO ANYTHING, SH FAIR OOS GETS OWNED BY G&W'S BAIR WHAT DO I DO?!", because of an option we once used becoming unpopular due to the matchup development.

However the FAQ needs updating, it definitely isn't a great reflection of what Marth is all about. It still says that being a 'tank' is best. Marth isn't Bowser.

crewster

Smash Lord
Ok so I'll say it in this thread I am now joint maining marth (With luigi). Behold, the new marth player!

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Lol @ arrows. They really don't make much of a difference. I think most Marth players know how to counter and shield. And spot dodge gets preeeetty predictable after it's done every single time you approach. Dtilt ftw.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol @ arrows. They really don't make much of a difference. I think most Marth players know how to counter and shield. And spot dodge gets preeeetty predictable after it's done every single time you approach. Dtilt ftw.
If you Counter an arrow then Pit will just wit out the Counter and shoot you with another one during cooldown.

S.D

Smash Master
Are you guys for real? Obvious trolling and sarcasm apparently not so obvious...

(It was a joke... mainly because Shaya has trouble with my Pit)

EDIT: However that being said if I really was stupid and needed my question answered you all did an admiral job, keep up the good work.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
None of the things you mentioned are infinites, lol.

D-tilt lock stops working after 70 or so depending on character, and the ness/lucas thing only works till you get to the end of the stage and now you have to dash grab to regrab them.

1000th POST!!!!!! ^_^

Freezewish

Smash Ace
None of the things you mentioned are infinites, lol.

D-tilt lock stops working after 70 or so depending on character, and the ness/lucas thing only works till you get to the end of the stage and now you have to dash grab to regrab them.

1000th POST!!!!!! ^_^

Wow im dumb. =/

And congratz.

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet
Uh, question: does Marth's forward through and down-throws count as chain grabs? Or no because they aren't really effective? I don't think they are, but a friend insists that they are.

Grab, throw forward, grab, throw forward, etc., depending on the character and if you're quick enough you can get 3-5 throws, same thing for down throw except it takes a lot more reflexes and more dashing and is harder to get...

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Uh, question: does Marth's forward through and down-throws count as chain grabs? Or no because they aren't really effective? I don't think they are, but a friend insists that they are.

Grab, throw forward, grab, throw forward, etc., depending on the character and if you're quick enough you can get 3-5 throws, same thing for down throw except it takes a lot more reflexes and more dashing and is harder to get...

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.
You can do fthrow chains on some fastfallers like the spacies 2 or 3 times but it's easily DI-able afterward.

Dthrow isn't a chaingrab unless your opponent is caught off guard or being dumb.

∫unk

Smash Master
You can do fthrow chains on some fastfallers like the spacies 2 or 3 times but it's easily DI-able afterward.

Dthrow isn't a chaingrab unless your opponent is caught off guard or being dumb.
Getting caught off guard is pretty common.

Almost everyone's DI is the same after a Marth throw.

The smart people adjust faster but I've chainthrown almost everyone in tournament including DSF so don't automatically not try it in fact always see what they do the first time you throw (and that hesitation of watching will usually let you hit them if you bait the airdodge by walking towards them a bit) then the next time you grab capitalize on it.

It's cause people underestimate Marth's grab game so they get lazy for a second when they get grabbed plus d-throw and f-throw require different DI so if you're mixing it up they **** up a lot.

It's how you can mindgame people into charge smashes.

Basically Marth's grab game is ****.

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet

So just to clear up the answer to my question, they are chaingrabs, correct? Even if you can only get 2-4 throws?

It's how you can mindgame people into charge smashes.
It's being able to avoid these kind of mind games the majority of the time that makes players even better, IMO... i.e. to say, I've never found somebody who uses mindgames to charge smash attacks and get very far in a tourney... Not to say it isn't useful, either. xP

Anyway, back to teh question^^

Top Bottom