• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
also for camping attila, you have to do it, and if you want ted to approach you, you have to be in the lead, drop the lead and your ****ed.
this makes things difficult. snake is supposed to be the comeback king; i don't have this issue with any other character...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yes I understand that, and thats the real problem, if you start chasing him, his lead will just increase.
you have to spam him with nades and mortar and try to trap him without getting too close, and hopefully make that percentage back.
if he gets really far away from you percent wise, your pretty much done.

the trick is to stay calm and collected, like what I did when jei tried to pull his secret planking strat on me during crews at robocop.
you'll notice instead of running after him I just stayed in the middle of the level and slowly built up his percent with nades.
slow and steady.

Attila_

BRoomer
wario and pit are a little bit (really really) different, but i understand where you're coming from.

at this point i think the mu is pretty stupid; maybe i should just pick up a pocket mk :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it's probably more rewarding for the snake skills if you learnt the matchup.
I dont find it stupid at all, its one of my fav matchups.
ted reckons the only people in this country who know the wario matchup properly are me, zxv and earl, or something like that.

Attila_

BRoomer
i'm sure it would be.

problem is, mus are really only learnt from experience or vids, and i've got none. the last set of a good wario vs a good snake that was uploaded was ally vs gluttony from last year, and gluttony constantly approaches like a noob, and still wins. and we don't really have any warios in melbourne, either.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
okimrredact

ok ted ur to so gay so play its mpt fim ok o like ur jigsss its got a good furtures]

ok zxv ur oresss good ni ceworkt beating dave cuz i never coould ,

sorryt io lost my money latech its its ok tho u gotmy money

i love u bryte ur the best housing me when i randomly felt liek going ove

dekr ur the ebst for cvarying me ur so good omg dekear realty ur realy guudo

thanks for house ijng me ur the best what a champ i got home on tired all adfine ur the ebst

dcao why dont youc ome to meets what alammerrrim hher jared 6u4 65h3 b3w5 jq43e om3 u4 wo dool3

i c

-This is Plasia. Redact fell over because he's heaps drunk. He says to look forward to the next episode of dragonball z.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
also let vyse know thanks for rthe topurnament because its realt hard to run onein melbnourne and you realy give alot even thenouyr post is the only reason you became a moderator,,,

thank you

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutout to kas

ur prettty cool u can use my headphones any day, so long as you dont break thembe casue i epenty like 69dollars on them i dont reallt uwnana spen that mch
thysxxx

ps syke ure **** take u in mm any day ill put $10000 on it any day.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
sigh i need to pivot grab more... i have never done it in a set XD

as for wario match up.. umm u can sti wario forward smash in shield then grab him? yeah?

so easy to plank snake -,-

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Extra shoutout:

The awesome kirby playing guy who was only present on saturday: Sorry I forgot your name man, but it was epic to hang out and do commentary with you. You taught me a fair bit about brawl and smash spacing in general. Thanks for coming and being so friendly on the day, it's a shame we didn't get to hang out on sunday as well. Your a pretty awesome player, keep it up man. See you next time :)

Edit: LOL just looked at mele singles bracket, pretty much all of queensland ended up with really unlucky seeding with amazing players or seeding with other QLD people. How unlucky XD

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bracket was fine cpahanso... qld all got beat by OoS, with the exception of syke who lost to kas then rob
no johns =p

Attila_

BRoomer
melee bracket?

i came ninth and don't even play the game. it's ********. and shiek is worse than metaknight.

and i knocked out two melburnians.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yeah when attila places 9th in a star-studded lineup, you know he's slipped through the cracks lol

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
MTGod: You're a cool guy, really smart too. You somehow found out that I don't like brawl, amazing.

Arrow: Thanks for hosting us and driving us around. You put up with the Phil^2 feat. Dekar experience really well.

Jei: I'm sorry I broke our pact *cries*. You are a genius artist, #1 on the aeroplane DS PR

Dekar: I'm glad that playing my Roy so much has helped you become a champion.

Cao: You're still good! Give me peach experience pleaseeeeeee

Redact: You are a champion, you made top 5 as I predicted. Just like Dekar, because of my invaluable assistance in the Roy matchup.

ZXV/Ted: You're both really good at both games, a bit unfair tbh.

Gords: Thanks for all the games in the good version of smash.

SD: I felt like I played really well in our pool matches, unfortunately for me you're really amazing at Falcon and the matchup with Roy is hugely in your favour. GGs

Attila: Nice commentary, thanks for all the brawl tips. Although I think I'm a bit of a lost cause for Brawl. I think my playstyle is all wrong.

Sieg: Nice falcon punch on the wall.

Calibur: It was great chatting to you man. Hope you fixed up your wii with my expert advice.

Aussierob: It was nice talking to you on IRC the day after.

Corpse: I liked your DI.

Melee: I love you but get a balance patch, I want to see more than 7 viable characters kthnx

LANSMASH SSFIV TOs: I TRAVELLED ALL THE WAY FROM MELBOURNE FOR YOU TO NOT TIMETABLE YOUR TOURNAMENT AND THEN START THEM WITHOUT ASKING ON THE PA FOR SIGNUPS. WHAT THE **** IS THAT ****??????? ... srsly most of the reason I came was to wreck QLD in SSFIV and I somehow missed it :(

Plasia: Get better idiot, how the hell was your best placing brawl doubles??

Zxv

Smash Lord
Shoutouts time! Horray for being late as always ^^

Where to start........................... Oh right, of course...

MELBOURNE​

DEKAR: GREAT GAMES! OMG you read everybody like a ****ing children's book. You played ridiculously well. I don't honestly believe I should've beaten you in Winners. Sheik carried me through that entire first match. Seeing you play that well... You literally seemed unbeatable. You rolled through almost every notable player in Australia... God damn, too good.
Loved versing you though. Coming to a Melbourne tourney soon so I can play you/Cao/Redact/Emily/Toshi/Atilla/Tibs/Earl/everybody else some more. I love Melbourne so much. Everybody is so nice :)
Also, wish we got to verse you in doubles... Oh well. Amazing job all around man. You definitely deserved it.

REDACT: Love you man. NPs housing you for that night LOL. Hope you had fun versing Ted for like 3 hours straight ^_^
You were playing really well in friendlies man. You and Sam make me feel like Falco's harder for me than Fox >_>
Good job winning doubles. You guys are on another level in that game.

CAO: I love watching you play man. Your Peach is so precise and clean. So much better than my scrubby Peach. As usual I didn't even get to play any friendlies with you :( maybe next time. Least we played in doubles ^^ that was fun. Except for when you guys went Double Peach. **** that ****.

EARL: That MK man... Made me feel like I was playing M2K all over again T_T
Don't think I'll be able to beat you again for a long time man. Just too good. Great job on your placement. DEFINITELY deserved it. Wish you MM'd Corpse though. That would've been really nice to watch. I hope to see it next time you guys are in the same room.
OH YEAH GOOD JOB IN DOUBLES. You played so well in a 2v1 situation. That was ridiculous. Sorry about that bomb.

NICKS: You and Earl make a good team :). Really great to see that kind of communication between teammates. Even in Melee you guys were pretty in sync. Not much else to say since I barely saw you over the weekend and mostly versed you in doubles lol. Next time I'm in Melbourne we'll play together more, k?

ATTILA: You're so cool man, haha. Seeing you again was great. Only got to play friendlies against you (thank God. Don't think I could've handled you in bracket), but they were pretty intense. You've definitely changed my mind about D3/Snake and ZSS/Snake. I'm pretty scared of your Snake now in all honesty lol.

JEI: Great seeing you again. Pit's planking is so gay lol. Had to go Marth to deal with that >_>
GOOD JOB beating Kas' Ness in pools. That was freaking intense. Third best ending to a match of the tournament (and that's saying a lot, considering how crazy that tournament was >_>)

TIBS: Even though you didn't come, I'm still giving you a shoutout. Would've been great to see you again buddy. Miss you loads <3
You should've come! Was totally worth the money. The entire trip only cost me $110 LOL.

QUEENSLAND​

VYSE: HUGE shoutout to you man. Thanks for organising this great tournament (and everybody else who helped. I know Syke and Redact did a bit. Thank you guys so much) much love <333333333333

SCRUBS: GGs man. Lol, Peach is definitely my worst matchup. I don't think I've ever even taken a friendly off you lol. I really have to work on that MU. You're too good for me man xD

KAS: WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY MAN! I was looking forward to getting knocked into losers by you. I really wish you had. I feel like I cheated the bracket into getting 3rd lol. Totally undeserved imo. SHEIK IS SO GAY
<3 you though. Great seeing you again. So much love for you guys
~~YEAHUZZZ

SYKE: I was *really* looking forward to versing you lol. I should've MM'd you. I was so excited to hear that you were in my pool lol. Too bad that pool got scrapped. I really like versing your Fox. Your Marth was ridiculously good in doubles, so I would've loved versing that too. Oh well, next time we'll MM.
Also, LOL @ running into you at Pancake Manor <3

ACCELERATE: Good to see you again xD glad we got more matches in this time. Man, you romped me in friendlies lol. I was so nervous going into bracket against you. Sheik is just too gay lol.

AUSSIEROB: A TRUE Falcon main here. Was very impressed by your Falcon. I used to have confidence in my Falco/Falcon matchup, but your reads and tech chasing made me lose all of it lol. Good finally meeting you ^_^

TESTIKILLS: THANKS for housing us on such short notice lol. You're such a nice guy. I literally can't imagine you without a huge smile on your face. SO FRIENDLY <3
Also, was great meeting you LOL.

JESMO: HAHA, played you SOOOOOOOOO many times on Wifi, GREAT to finally meet you. Such an amazing guy irl. You should've gone MK against me in bracket/pools LOL. The MU's pretty gay. You probably would've won ;)
You should also come down for some NSW tourneys, seeing as you're technically part of NSW ^_^

JAICE: Had good fun versing you. Peach dittos are like the weirdest/funnest ditto in the game - God I love them. Your Peach has such an interesting playstyle and is quite different to my own. I could learn a lot from your gameplay. Hope to run into you again sometime <3

TOKI: Man, saw you like... 3 times throughout the entire tournament. Once while waiting in line to get in, another randomly in the venue and the last when you were versing EA. Nevertheless, good seeing you again LOL. Unlucky about your placement. You'll get 'em next time ^_^

R4VEN LOL GOOD JOB TIMING TED'S WARIO OUT. OH MAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO SEE TED GETTING TIMED OUT ^_^
Great meeting you lol. We didn't play many (any?) matches, did we? Next time I'm up I guess ^^

EMERY & AERO: Ah, was looking forward to meeting either of you guys. I should've said hi to you, Emery, and you should've come, Aero! You guys are like the last few people from MyWii who I still have to meet lol.

NEW SOUTH WALES

TEDETH: Yoyoyoyoyo! Great work in doubles LOL. We're gonna **** the next OoS Melee Doubles tourney we enter. No doubt about it.
Was great having you on the trip down. Definitely made the drive much more bearable.
Don't really need to give you a long shoutout since I see you all the time lol.
Also, you left your contact-lens case at my place and I forgot to bring it to your meet lol.

FOXY: Thanks for helping with the driving man! Having you on the road trip was awesome. Seeing your sadistic side was as lol as it was scary.
Also, I just saw your doubles team name HAHAHA.

EA: I have like literally nothing to say to like half the NSW people since I didn't play any of you guys in bracket lol. That, and I see you guys way too often.
Oh, yeah! THANKS for navigating. And for getting trolled for like 90% of the car trip by Ted, making it way more enjoyable.

GORDS: Not much to say lol. Start practicing while you're at home and you'll soon get better control of your character, man. Literally the best advice I can give.

S.D: You're still NSW imo. Great seeing/versing you again. You're like one of my favourite smashers to verse. Lol, once you chose FoD I knew you'd be picking Falco, and I lost all my confidence lol. Your Falco is the best in AUS and definitely your hardest character for me (or maybe even your Peach... I'm pretty bad at the MU lmao)
OH YEAH!~ GREAT MATCHES AGAINST CAO! THOSE WERE AMAZING TO WATCH MAN

I hope your job/life in QLD is going well ^_^
COME BACK TO NSW ASAP <3 We miss you so much Sam and can't wait to have you back.

SHAYA: Should've come man. Poor form... NSW represent. Seeing you verse Corpse or Earl would've been very interesting, considering how good you are at the MK MU.

ZERO: Man, I don't even know why you didn't come? I was so dissapointed to not have you around! Would've been great to have you up there with us.

TURTLE: Didn't really expect you to come, but still would've been nice to have some more Melee representation lol. <3 you man. I'll visit you guys again sometime soon.

UNREON: Would've been great to have you there aswell <3

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

APOLLO: Man, your ZSS really has improved since last time I saw it. Sorry about using Marth <3 it's the only match I feel comfortable with against you. Great to see you again. I want to see ZSS dittos between you and Zero lol. He's gotten so ridiculously good lately. Would be awesome to watch.

NOVA: Barely saw you at all lol. The only thing I remember involving you was your clutch win in match 2 against (I think it was) Jei. Oh well. Good to see you again.

PERTH​

Heh, had a lot of trouble thinking up which colour to use for Perth. Hope you guys don't mind grey <3 don't know why I chose this one but it looks nice imo.

CORPSECREATE: What can I say man? One of the best players in the country without a dobut. It'd be scary to think what you'd be like if you had more OoS experiences under your belt... That MK was so hard for me :mad:. You were harder than Earl in that MU imo. You both play so differently but at the same time so ****. I'm dropping Peach, gah. MK is too hard.
Also, that was the first time I've ever seen your TL in person, and oh my god it was amazing. Made me play TL dittos for like an hour when I got back home.
Also, also you were pretty good at Melee ^_^ liked versing your Fox. It was pretty technical, which is always nice to see lol.
MTGOD: Didn't see you that much/at all. Thanks to you and Corpse for taking all the effort to fly here for the tournament. Great having you over. I love you guys. You're all so tall.

TASMANIA

TASMANIA: Get a bigger scene.

NORTHEN TERRITORY

NORTHERN TERRITORY: Get a scene.

OH MY GOD! Finally done! Man, shoutouts are so draining for me.

Ugh, I'm sure I've missed a few people lol. If I have, sorry! It's either because I didn't see you ~AT ALL~ throughout the weekend or just genuinely forgot. Either way, <3 you and hope to catch up with you some other time

GREAT TOURNAMENT. LOVE QLD YEAHUZZ ~~~~~
<3333

Zxv

Smash Lord
Also, Sheik's dsmash is frigging ridiculous. You guys aren't giving it anywhere near as much credit as it deserves. It's either the second or third best in the game.

Matter-of-fact, in many situations, it's BETTER than Peach's. Did you guys see how many times I simply WALKED up to the ledge and d-smashed while my opponent was on the edge? NOBODY else can get away with that ****, not even Peach LOL.

Top Bottom