• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
A yes or no would be nice.

I basically want you to either admit your arrogance or fallibility. That's it, really.

Attila_

BRoomer
For instance, I don't know who the nest is, but I don't think it's me.

This would be an acceptable answer.

As far as arrogance goes, saying ghat you were still number one post Rc was fairly arrogant. Just btw.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
in other words, he wont say yes, because he didnt win the last 2 majors, and he wont say no because he has reasons and excuses for losing that he keeps inside and wont tell anyone or admit, because everyone will pay him out for it and it wont make any difference.

so I'd say he thinks he's there but knows the social suicide of saying so

that about hit it.

but for ****s sake attila, enough is enough, yes corpse is a **** stain balls, but you've hasseled him enough, you smashed him twice and knocked him off his high horse, give him a break your constant arrogant hassling of him is probably starting to piss everyone off (although personally I do enjoy it ;))
my point is this attila, you hate corpses attitude yeah?
well dont become the thing you hate son.

Man, I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just saying how he could of maybe won.
your dumb, any number of things 'could have happened' I could have beaten corpse back at rocky if I didnt make those few mistakes that I did.
anyone can make that claim.

The swiss system I know of (the one used for Squash tourneys) was utter ****. Lose the first game and you can't win the tournament (you will always place lower than someone who wins their first game regardless of subsequent results).
dont be stupid, swiss is used to seed the bracket and lessen the numbers just like pools.
are you telling me that if you did bad in pools but still got through you cant win the tourney no matter what?

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
For instance, I don't know who the nest is, but I don't think it's me.

This would be an acceptable answer.

As far as arrogance goes, saying ghat you were still number one post Rc was fairly arrogant. Just btw.
I said I dont know who the best is, but I think im a potential candidate. I dont think you would disagree with this? Ultimately, it makes no difference to me at all, it seems to matter a lot more to you. It's as I said, the difference between top players is minimal, cant you be satisfied with that fact? Who cares whos the best in Aus if not one of us could take even a single game off m2k. I mean what difference does it make if we're all bad in comparison to the best in the world?

Me saying I was the best post RC was an opinion, not arrogance. People have the right to opinions dont they? You only consider it arrogance because I named myself as the best and not someone else. Its a false misconception that you have where so long as you dont name someone else better than you then you must be an egotistical **** that only cares about themselves. IDK if M2K considers himself the best in the world but if he does, I wouldn't call him arrogant because he has the results and history to back it up. Theres nothing wrong with naming yourself the best if you are the best.

@Luke
Strange hearing that from you and for once I agree with you :p

Attila_

BRoomer
Trust my father to be the voice of reason <3

I've proven my point, just not the way I wanted to.

Either way, I'm pretty hyped for brawl ATM; any ideas on how to beat Ted without picking up mk?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
having actually beaten ted a few times (but never an entire set) and knowing the matchup well enough to push him to his limit sometimes, I could probably help you out with the snake wario matchup attila.

but you gotta learn to camp and be patient.
you never approach him, never.
which is completely opposite your style.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Luke said:
dont be stupid, swiss is used to seed the bracket and lessen the numbers just like pools.
are you telling me that if you did bad in pools but still got through you cant win the tourney no matter what?
I was replying to:

Corpse said:
I dont know how the swiss system works but I've heard its better than RR. I dont see how it could be better though?
And since Sam was talking about having the top 8 be RR as well, I was putting through my experience in pretty much that exact scenario but for a different competition. I wasn't talking about Swiss pools into a DE Bracket at all.

As for Swiss into DE bracket it would probably work a little better (as in it'd seed everyone a lot more definitively than pools would) but taking into account the time factor and the fact Brawl, at least, always runs overtime as is, I'd be more inclined to stick with what we have.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty sure I'm the best player in Australia.

Also I'm pretty sure M2K thinks hes the best brawl player and one of the best melee ones (despite him losing a lot in melee he said he was 2nd only to Mango).

Attila_

BRoomer
luke_atyeo; said:
but you gotta learn to camp and be patient.
you never approach him, never.
which is completely opposite your style.
sigh.

I do hard camp in certain mus, although I won't do It unless I know there is no other option. Like in gw mu. I need to play against wario more; it still feels like I've got no idea what I'm doing.

S.D

Smash Master
Trust my father to be the voice of reason <3

I've proven my point, just not the way I wanted to.

Either way, I'm pretty hyped for brawl ATM; any ideas on how to beat Ted without picking up mk?
Although if it were a **** measuring contest I'd back Attila XD

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
derp derp derp derp DERP DERP

On the topic of beating teds wario with Snake. I found pivot grabbing to be very useful. Try to pivot grab his dair approach, and grab release to Uair for your kills. Thats what I did anyway :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
grab release bair works too depending on level.

pivot grabbing isnt very useful, its ****ing essential nerd burger

dont utilt his approaches, you just get baited.
you need to learn to space your aerials right, and create a wall between you and him of explosives.
in a nutshell.

richard you are missing the point pinhead

Also I'm pretty sure M2K thinks hes the best brawl player and one of the best melee ones (despite him losing a lot in melee he said he was 2nd only to Mango).

I say your wrong.
now who you gonna believe, me, who along with ted hung out with m2k the most, made friends with him when everyone else was complaining about his personality, made him come out of his shell and had several deep converastions with me.

or you, who broke his controller and made him talk of nothing but that fact.

Attila_

BRoomer
On the topic of beating teds wario with Snake. I found pivot grabbing to be very useful. Try to pivot grab his dair approach, and grab release to Uair for your kills. Thats what I did anyway :p
He doesn't approach me, so this doesn't help. Pretty sure he wanted to **** you in that set, played aggressive and got owned for it. Not discrediting you, just making am observation.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I seriously didn't want to go down this road, but are you really trying to say that Sam wouldn't of had a higher chance of winning if he camped for 35 seconds? (yes, I am putting into account that things can happen within those 35 seconds and that Sam could of still lost).
theory crafting is as useful as yourself, who is ****ing useless

i could have won singles if i 0-deathed everyone without getting hit, i could have won a million dollars today by buying the correct lottery ticket.

Fact is Corpse did not make the choice to camp, which is why he lost. His decision making was his flaw there.

He also did not try to dodge, he tried to back air.

Bad choice after bad choice, he lost and it doesn't matter what could have happened, what matters is what did happen, which is corpse lost by making bad choices.

Side note: this is not dekar, you can guess who this is

A: pc chris
b: ken
c: m2k
d: kdj
E: all of the above

- this post brought to you by redact

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I did try to dodge fool :p theres no frames of back air there, I know what TL's Bair frames look like and I also know what button I pressed there :p

I vote E.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I choose option F: god.

also richard you do understand what your saying, and we're saying its ****ing ********.

also for camping attila, you have to do it, and if you want ted to approach you, you have to be in the lead, drop the lead and your ****ed.

thats if he's playing seriously, normally he just gets bored and approaches and when he loses everything thinks they are hot ****, but when he really gets going its ****ing bull**** to fight him. -richard style rant

Top Bottom