• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that from the "chunks" (as I like to call them) from you wafting into the bike created dead frames and thats why he didn't dodge.

West Coast DI da bess.
nah dean is rite, we watched it on the reply and you can see the start up frames of toon links bair before he got hit by the waft.
no dead frames for corpse, just bair frames :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Shout out time:

Vyse: Thanks once again for hosting another tourney. Had a lot of fun and even though a few pools/brackets were a bit stacked, you did a good job overall. Thanks for making the room cheaper as well :3

Arrow: It's always funny how you're always there whenever I make a meal, every single time haha. Didn't see you much but was nice playing friendlies as well as our doubles match with you and EA.

Nat: Gametrader support ftw. Jesse is right, you're so hyperactive lol. Hope to see that Ike of yours improve.

Plasia: You're a cool guy to talk to. Very laid back personality which is always a good thing imo. Thanks for teaming with me in melee when you didn't really want to :p and for helping me search places for Wii mod stuff and dvd drives :D

Toki: Always fun playing friendlies. Bad luck on not beating EA. Should have counter picked to tokitopia. :p

Kaion: Didn't see much of you. Would have liked to play some games

Hotdogs: Yes I'm expanding my character use from Bowser lol. I'm not going to drop him completely though :p

Jbirds: Only saw you briefly but would have liked to get some matches played. I'll try to get better and give you a challenge lol.

Jei: I was tipsy on friday night haha. You're a cool guy. Shame you got egged haha. Can't believe you bled from that. You have a legit pit. Highlight of our friendlies was taking a stock off you within 6 seconds using giant punch for the finishing blow XD Congrats on your result. You're so good at smash and have a family to look after. Respect.

CAO: Didn't see much of you but thanks for ****** me in Melee </3 haha. You're a pretty cool guy. Next time you organise a trip I'll definately be there!

MTGod/Jesse (:p): You, Marteh and Buff are the coolest kidz from Perth. Shame you all couldn't come up but it was cool hanging out with you again as well as teaming up with you in Brawl and getting a few friendlies down. I will continue to improve DK :D and your Diddy and Lucas are mad legit. I'd like to see you start rising up the Perth PR soon.

Corpse: Almost beat you in Melee :p You definately had me in that 3rd match but I think my counterpick to brinstar was well worth it. Pretty good result in Brawl, shame you didn't air dodge :p Long live corpse DI! I'd like to have some Brawl matches with you next time.

Dekar: You're a pretty cool guy. I find your trash talking amusing. Also I was playing so bad against you in brawl :( in my mind I knew what I should be doing by my finger inputs showed otherwise. At least I beat you in Ten pin bowling haha.

Gords: Didn't see much or talk much. Wouldn't have minded a few friendlies. I'll also let you know within a week whether my wii needs replacing or not lol. Be careful next time ;)

EA: Doubles match was fun, you seem like a cool guy so shame I didn't get to speak to you much. Everytime I see you're face in a tourney I'm worried that I'll have to challenge your **** IC's haha. You're a good player and hopefully I can get top 5 QLD PR cause then I give some interstaters some kind of challenge. XD

More to come later.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thanks for the money idiots. it's a shame qld's skill is as piss poor as its weather
joking joking, couldn't resist
i loved it and i love everyone

oo i like jei's format
i'll do it but lazier and way less pretty

friday:
hmmm what happened on friday....
oh yeh mike, thanks sooo much for everything!
plasia will gladly return the favour if you ever travel to melbourne.
how was the coles mudcake

saturday:
brawl teemz:
r4v3ry who was that lol... ggs
toki and attila: weird, i felt more comfortable around attila than toki... glad we got through this one lol, ggs
sd and puppy: omg puppy my hero, and sam who i love too, did not expect such skill (then i hear later u too been living and training together or some ****, all makes sense). mixed emotions here lol
jei: uggghh now we're even? lol
earl and nicks: we got outplayed... which was cool, but losing to corpse and jesmo not cool... very not cool

brawl pools hmm let's think
vyse's girlfriend: you're a shocking player and you have a shocking boyfriend for putting you in the same pool as him, nice to meet you though
sora: sup, welcome to tournaments and welcome to brawl marth
vyse: having 2-0'd toshiba at dgb, i was pretty confident confident when i vsed you. thanks for organizing all this.
j-birds: was expecting more from your snake, do you lack marth experience? still you're a champ for ditching the piss boring game and focusing on mayleee, oh and on that note, impressive to see you **** me game 2 after getting 4 stocked in game 1 of our melee set, thats some balls. i like your balls. i like your hair.

brawl brackitt
calibur: ahh caloom, ggs, bad luck on getting a professional such as myself first round
mtgod: man how good was our set? just had a look at perth pr, surely that can't be right lol. i was expecting easy town like vyse but mannn you got it going on, good games, thanks for corpse di.
i'd play you in brawl any time, very enjoyable (for brawl).
apollo: mannnnnn good games... i'm pretty pissed at losing to you, since i'm pretty sure i would've beat jei and i would have loved to have had a go at putting the pressure on attila on the projector setup... game 1 i was expecting fast crazy **** from zss (zero from nsw ***** me at robocop) so i just sort of spammed fair anytime i was in the air and it worked lol... funny thing is, in melb i usually fall for all the noob brawl gimps and ****, always dieging at 20% and so forth to stuff like up-bing too early. didn't happen once all tournament except for end of game 3, ughhh
nova: ***** me in pools, i had no idea... SA not a joke like i previously thought, at least you two aren't. awesome

melee teams... sick
kk and scrubs: mann i'm like a big fan of both of you, esp kk having heard so much and only meeting you for the first time, can't believe i forgot to get a pic or like get something signed lol
and you guys ***** us for the most part... ggs
sam and cao: ggs... thank god we didn't have to play you again... 3-1 is a flattering scoreline
kas and syke: ggs... umm i'm probs wrong but did syke play fox? gw syke for handling my puff really well...
kas... marth puff is good for marth... just gotta stop making the wrong decisions and making the matchup so hard for yourself, jiggs ain't broke. easy for me to say though, hah
ggs, nice work stepping it up for grand finals.
oh yeh syke, you owe me 50c. mabes we can do double or nothing

singelz
zxv: mannn so good, so good. in most of my matches i lose the first stock, then settle down and begin to like... deconstruct my opponent's playstyle. looks like you did it to me with our first match. i've never played a sheik with such speed either, you're amazing. grats on 3rd, hope you're happy with that result and pumped to climb higher next major. you have a bryte future ahead of you. AWWW YEH
jei: yer wasn't keen to lose again, lol
j-birds: said it earlier, but impressed
ted: the surprise of the tourney imo, bracket ***** but incredible matches vs cao and in doubles too. you are a genius ted, a ****en genius. you seem to understand melee intricacies on a level most will sadly never reach.
rob: i was so impressed with you, cannot wait to see you down here for the melbourne major playing all the vics. <3 thanks for corpse di end of match 2
kaz: yeh as i said earlier... it's a bit of both, my puff being good and you not understanding the matchup... love your fox tho, i was lucky to get away with game 1. i don't wanna be the hungrybox of australia :(
nice to see there's some respect between us... i think sometimes my actions and facial expressions don't convey what i mean or how i feel a lot of the time...
cao: thank god mute city was banned too so i couldn't pick it again (and use marth? lol..)... this time it was you getting gayed by your own cps.... good set lol
zxv: you could teach kas a thing or too about how to make puff your *****
sam: ommmggggg not nervous the whole tournament until in our final game you start to turn it on, then i get nervous, then you sense im nervous so you start ******, then it's a landslide of **** right up the bum until i am super lucky to get away with game 4. you're a champ... gj winning our mm

accelerate: thanks for the mm, lay off rob in teams yeh? he's alright lol
redact: thanks for pillaring while i sorta float around the map looking for candy
coach orion: between you and nicks, i had the best coaching team possible

to anyone i forgot... i won the tournament after losing my first set. i can forget whoever i want *****es... yeh but uh <3 u all
oh i just remember 1, sieg... one passionate guy <3
oh and plasia... bl with sf4, we shoulda stormed up to the front and demanded u be entered since u traveled so far /regret
ah it's all coming to me now... there's ea... nice job getting the front seat there... uhhhhhh
hotdogs... nice job beating jei... crazy that u almost knocked off corpse's mk with kirby lol (condog, u might wanna ask for some tips)

melee singles finals vids??? :)

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
SHOUTOUTS:
QLD: Yeah you guys know all the stuff, good to smash with all of you etc, see you guys all the time and still like to see you so yeah.

Special shoutout to josh cuz i havent seen him in a while and wish I have.

Super special shoutout to Vyse: Once again, doin the business, love always.

Also Super Special shoutout to all the people that brought setups, and especially people like hugh, dif and Uber that brought recording setups. You guys make these tournies that much better by doing all that work for everyone. Thanks heaps.

Vic:
Dekar: def my vote for one of the most awesome people to smash with. Just cuz you're such a humble guy on top of being really good at smash. Thanks for whooping me several times, I'll bring it back to you next time I promise.

Redact: You're trash at this game. Jokes, awesome MM's loooool, even though I was really salty over that SD in our falcon one ahaha, you're still an awesome player and way different in most characters to what I've experienced lol. Our tourney set was pretty amazing too, I just can't handle the lazers on fd omg. kinda bummed we didn't play any non-serious sets too, we'll have to make up for that next time.

Earl: You are amazing at smash. Keep it up and you'll be on top of both games in aus.

Plasia: HI!

Cao: Thanks for knocking us into losers for doubles you ***. also bummed we didn't get to play but oh well, maybe in the future sometime. Hope fraser was awesome.

Jei:
Man I wanted to play more friendlies with you so I could figure out yoshi's stupid gimmicks loooool. I'll get some epic revenge man, you know it's comming.

Syd:
ZXV: Man, I know you said you never wear shorts, but wearing pants in qld is ********. btw you're good at smash. really really good. i want more of that sheik action next time.

Ted: Man I could never get tired of playing matches with you, falcon on ganon is so much fun. You should prob buy contacts or something though.

EA: fun friendlies at the end there, it was nice to meet you and def nice to play smash with you, hit me up any other time for friendlies if you ever want them.

Sam: man, you better have pulled some chicks on your fraser trip looool, good luck in gladdy. See you when I see you next, whenever you're down, prob when Arj is on if you're still keen.

Anyone I missed: Sorry, had heaps of fun at the tourney and got to play so many new people and different characters.

Feel's kinda weird posting this cuz I speak to most people on here regularly anyway so yeah, whatever, shoutouts are weird.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Also Super Special shoutout to all the people that brought setups, and especially people like hugh, dif and Uber that brought recording setups. You guys make these tournies that much better by doing all that work for everyone. Thanks heaps.
yes! i loved recording setups being everyone, most with microphones too! good ****

Richard7

Smash Ace
nah dean is rite, we watched it on the reply and you can see the start up frames of toon links bair before he got hit by the waft.
no dead frames for corpse, just bair frames :)
I watched the end like 20 times on youtube, couldn't see any bair (or dodge for that matter).

It doesn't matter, he was an idiot for being anywhere near Ted, all he had to do was camp for 35 seconds.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I watched the end like 20 times on youtube, couldn't see any bair (or dodge for that matter).

It doesn't matter, he was an idiot for being anywhere near Ted, all he had to do was camp for 35 seconds.
its really gay seeing you make excuses for sam when sams taking it like a man.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
If your bair was coming out, you werent able to dodge for another thirty frames or so. In which case, your timing must've been waaaaaaay off.

On a side note, do you still think you're the best in aus?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
man I should totally do shoutouts sometime.

but there's sooo many people to shoutout....

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Here I did a quick screenshot of it as it appears on the raw file

Before

After

Make of it what you will

Note I failed and had it set to SSF4 settings all weekend (Can record 60fps on smash due to the smaller res) soz.

Note 2: Starting working on doubles

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
dayum attila, just cause you're sexier than all of us, doesn't mean you can just show off whenever you want. :p

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Haha. This Corpse DI you speak of is a habit I have from TL. If I were TL I would have used Zair to grab onto the ledge and I would have survived. I do this pretty oftenly with TL and in that particular instance it was the cause of my death :p

I dont see any Bair frames in there, TL's falling animation looks like that. What I think happened was that I pushed dodge during the dead frames caused by the waft hitting the bike thus resulting in no action at all. Same thing happens when u SH Nair with a certain timing, the nair doesnt come out because it was inputted during dead frames.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Probably wouldn't have survived the second clap anyway with that stage's roof.
Amazing the first one was survived even with that gewd DI.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
check the sdi. it shows that i am di-ing to the left, but you apparently can't cross over wario's uair like that (can't di from the right to the left). at least that's how it appears, and i know of a few aerials like that.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Yeah your right, I've noticed some aerials like that too. Anyway DI is easy, SDI is the hard one to master.

edit: Cant wait to see Me and Jesmo vs Earl and Nicks. Best comeback EVER.

Top Bottom