• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yeah man our time is up -- it was good while it lasted <3 all hail the new era of elites -- hawt

p.floats was legit -- just had one of those dumb moments when you think you have it and then do something really stupid and lose lol, like teams! slippy: "@@!@"

MTGod

Smash Champion
Dekar you pro! I was on a train at the time so I couldn't see you win, but I imagine the crowd was ****ting many a brick. Good stuff.

Also, I shouldn't have taken any stocks off anyone in Melee - learn to sandbag properly for next time :p

Cheers to everyone who I played with, major shoutout to Vyse for hosting the tourney, it was good fun :p And again thanks to all the people I played against (Jei, Attila, Jesmo, Apollo, Cal, Vyse, Toki, Sora?, EA, Foxy, Dekar, SD, Gords, random scrub, and anyone else I'd forgotten).

Diddy's pretty bad, i'm going back to Lucas now.

EDIT: OMFG how could I forget Manondorf Dittos with Smoking Puppy and Arrow.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
So Dekar beat every big name except for Gords? Good ****.
gords isnt a big name

Improving at such a great rate compared to everyone else

wut, earl has always been one of the best, where have you been the last 2 years?
this isnt the first time he's beaten ted or won a tourney.

anyways, deks is the ****ing king, and I would do terrible unspeakable things to gain his affection.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Shouts.

AD3PT - Thanks heaps for housing 'n' that ******** early airport trip. You and your bro are cool peeps.

Kaion - <3 for picking us up at the airport. Your Samus is pro.

Vyse - Good tourney. I'm fuming I couldn't go on the Melee day.

Jezmo - You're a cool kid/dude/whatever. Mad respect for you.

Toki - Uhh, gotta learn to say your name right. You're cool and you should be placing higher lolz.

Ted - Lul I watched you at Melee, jeeeez you're so gewd. Also, I "never" get 9's!...

ZXV - You're too pro at everything. Best all round at smayush imo.

J-Birds - We should have got more Melee in, I need so much practice.

Corpse - Lawl "I don't even know why I'm here", you're reaaaaally good given your lack of exp with the east coast.

Attila - Aww, I didn't get to play you ironman. Teaaaaach me that stupid Pit M/U. :/ I'll teach you Snake/ZSS in exchange trolllllolol. <3

Earl - Geeeez you're like 3 times as good as you used to be. You're (imo) best in Aus at Brawl.

Dekar - Should have played some Melee against you, I'd be happy if I dealt 50%. Stoooopid Brawl... Congrats on ****** Melee.

Jei - omg your Pit is so pro. I was so confused. ALTHOUGH tricking everyone including myself into thinking I died on Pictochat was pretty gay, lol.

Nicks - lol wth? You did better at Melee than Brawl...that's random, lol. You and earl so good in teams.

Vyse's GF - Your Ike's jab is like unbeatable, not to mention those uber noises when you're off the stage.

EA - Lul Nana is such a damn tard. Double Peach is uber gay. <3

Jaice - Didn't get to play you much, our characters CP eachother lol.

Forgetting ppl, tired.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
melee:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=69D7EA4F06490975

there's the vids i recorded from tpoo. they're all doubles because i packed up my **** and left like 1st round singles. there should be heaps more vids coming from uber and hugh since their setups were used more often. i'll update you guys and link you to them if they don't.

also there's a few vids i don't know who's playing in, so if you recognise yourself in it or know who it is it'd be great if you could tell me <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Bracket images soon.

Brawl Doubles: 21 Teams

1: TedXV (Ted + Zxv) - $126
2: We got this (Jesmo + Corpsecreate) - $63
3: Champions of the Sun (S.D + Puppy) - $21
4: Team Awesome (Nicks + Earl)
5: Buttsecks Parade (Jei + Dekar)
5: Toki's better than Shaya (Toki + Attila)
7: SA Johns (Nova + Apollo)
7: MaJiC (Matt + Jaice)
9: R4V3RY (Emery + R4VEN)
9: Queenslanders (JBirds + Hotdog)
9: Moe Ragers (Arrow + EA)
9: Plasia + Blade (Plasia + Blade)
13: Marvel of the Dukes (Gords + Vyse)
13: Sexy Gamers (Squid + Rocko)
13: Mints of Time (MTGod + Cal)
13: Five and a half thumbs (Testi + Foxy)
17: Ethan + Michael (Ethan + Michael)
17: Rock Lobsters (Voratat + John)
17: Who Cares (Pop + Zydro)
17: Windows XP (Uber + Gandalf)
17: Lightning Emblem (Aika + Tiahn)

Brawl Singles: 48 Entrants
(This is the top 24 from pools)

1: Earl - $193
2: Tedeth - $107.5
3: Attila - $64.5
4: Corpsecreate - $43
5: ZXV - $21.5
6: Jei
7: Apollo
7: Jaice
9: Dekar
9: Nova
9: Hotdog
9: Jesmo
13: J-Birds
13: R4VEN
13: S.D
13: MTGod
17: Testikils
17: Arrow
17: Rocko
17: AD3PT
17: Calibur
17: Toki
17: Foxy
17: EA

Melee Doubles: 17 Teams

1: Redact + Dekar (Redact + Dekar) - $102
2: Eastern Duo (Syke + Kas) - $51
3: SAO (SD + Cao) - $17
4: TedXV (Ted + Zxv)
5: Snake Pit (Jei + Attila)
5: Inseperable Chums (Josh + Ben)
7: Marvel of the Dukes (Gords + Vyse)
7: Ryan + Rob (Ryan + Rob)
9: Kings of Alcohol (MTGod + Corpsecreate)
9: Bylim + Smokey (Bylim + Smoking Puppy)
9: Queenslanders (JBirds + Hotdog)
9: Moe Ragers (Arrow + EA)
13: Pocket Women (Wook + DJ Cat)
13: Seyctor syeven mew (Dif + Hugh)
13: Team Awesome (Nicks + Earl)
13: Jamaican Bobsled Team (Uber + Gandalf)
17: Play-Asia (Cal + Plasia)

Melee Singles: 34 Entrants
(Top 24 advanced from pools)

1: Dekar - $135
2: S.D - $75
3: Zxv - $45
4: Cao - $30
5: Sirias - $10
5: Redact - $10
7: Rob
7: ACCELERATE
9: Tedeth
9: Attila
9: Syke
9: Scrubs
13: J-Birds
13: Nicks
13: King Kong
13: Corpsecreate
17: Bylim
17: Jei
17: Earl
17: Hotdog
17: Uber
17: Smoking Puppy
17: Gords
17: Calibur

*You'll note a discrepancy with how 5th place was handled between Brawl and Melee. I made the mistake of thinking Rob was Redact because of how the loser's bracket was changed to seperate regions. As a result it was too late to make Sirias and Redact play for 5th, and both were simply awarded $10

Bracket Images:

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles

I also have somebody's hard drive. It reads 'Macron 3.5" External HDD Enclosure'. Might be yours Uber.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Uber how did you get syke and cao consecutively and then me? Lols.
I know right? And I had syke in my pool, so effectively I had syke > syke > cao > rob ._.
I think I got syke and cao because the bracket went all weird, I originally had smokin puppy iirc.

On a side note it was awesome to friendly you man :D

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/user/Testikils

Putting a few matches up tonight. In the order that they were recorded.

Have most matches of top eight missing two I think

Uploading Tonight
Ted vs Corpse - Winners Semi
Jaice vs Attila - Top 10 match
ZXV vs Jesmo - Top 10 match

Rest Tomorrow
Earl vs Attila - Winners Semi
ZXV vs Jaice - 5th Round Losers
Attila vs Jei - Losers QF
Corpse vs ZXV - Losers QF
Attila vs Corpse - Losers Semi
Earl vs Ted 1 - Winners Final
Attila vs Ted - Losers Final
Earl vs Ted 2 - Grand Final
ZXV vs Jei for that important 5th place money

Missing
Apollo vs Jei 5th Round Losers

Rest of the week after that
10 or so Doubles matches including the Winners Losers and Grand Finals

Shoutouts later too

unreon

Smash Ace
my reactions to the results (as I read them)

1. Brawl doubles - OMG SD doesn't even play Brawl and comes 3rd <333 SD SD SD I miss you </3
2. Brawl singles - omfg omfg Earl beat Ted, amazing I want to see this match.
3. Melee doubles - wtf Dekar + Redact, since when were they so good.
4. Melee singles - WTF DEKAR AGAIN?! I thought you quit this game, kid. SD I was rooting for you man, as a fellow Sydney-er. ZXV beat Cao, whoa whoa whoa!!

will read through thread later. Can't wait for the matches.

by the way, any awesome drunken stories after the tournaments?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
I am gonna dodge shout outs for now.

But in reality I didn't.
VIKTORYA
Dekar - it was nice hosting you, good job on 1sts in melee and good effort in brawl
Redact - good job with dekar in those melee doubles. I esspecially like that time when you did that thing against that guy. badluck on melee single results, **** 2 suicide... :<
Plasia - bl bl bl no sf4, bl in pools, sorry had to b gay and choose marth then tippah constantly :/
Jei - nice to see you, my car was too hyped when you were in it. maaan gotta work on my pit match up, I really have no idea what to do when u are on the edge @_@
Attila - solid snake bro, trained mind and body = win, I do enjoy every time you beat corpse and comments about earls hair.
Earl's hair - Dayum you looking fine
Earl - You play brawl aswell as your hair looks. Well deserved win. Last 30 seconds is where I wake up XD
Nicks - same pools both games, Close matches either game :S kinda. nice to play you. bl on missing that up air against corpse. you guys deserved to win that set.
cao - you were doing so well but failing so hard last stock XD its always funner when u are there

SIDNAH
ea - good job in teams, 9th in both games. mission achieved. I thought we were a good team, just out skilled at times. we should have taken gords and vyse sooo close.
sd - still counts for nsw?? nice facial hair. man you are exciting to watch. thought u were gonna win melee.
zxv - you did really well at both games, close matches, they were very exciting to watch. a good sheiking
ted - didn't get 2 see the ganon in melee, but u still *****, close matches in doubles. good effort in brawl trying to take down the comp. needs more rage at dean. teds suprise mk 2 good.
gords - nice to see you, no friendlies but good eating yeah =P

SAAA and WAAA
Corpse - man you are really good at brawl, couldn't touch you, thanks for tolerating the games =P bl maybe dodge next time?
MTgod - nice friendlies, youra nice guy. see ya around sometime hopefully.

Queinslan
jbirds - good match in brawl i guess =P i see u did well in melee. gj with that 2, scrub fox.
hotdogs - nice asian friend u got there. better than c-dog. congrats h-dog. lets bail and play mvc3.
cal - wow cal u so good at melee, i am just jealous i guess XD nice 2 see u anyway
vyse - thx for to-ing, best one ive been 2 yet.
accelerate - maaan wat happened against redact =P when i left u were winning.
rob - gj beating me in doubles i guess.. heard u did well. knock out syke? lol
syke - gawd damut win. cant remember much... i remember being educated about armpit *** then next thing i know u were gone..
kas - **** smash, convert to alcaholism? should have just played peach against zxv XD
scrubs - play better in bracket =P
kk - heard u did well against dekar and redact :S gj
dif - bl bl bl, fellow drownie in pools. there was some massive rigging. i am sure those matches were pretty close 2.
hugh - huge effort in doubles. dont know what happened with u in singles.
matt and jaice - gj in singles and knocking me and ea out in doubles... -,- i struggle and flail to 2 v1 u guys. more naruto in future and poker =P getting sick of smash XD
women in general - thx for coming, dont look 2 bored
tiahn - gj getting game off hot dogs XD u should really beat dean XD
dean - hahah so funny, everytime u vs blade i find it funny. feels good when u beat him bro. good ken 5th. good team 2nd.
booker - man haven't seen u in awhile, so keen for mvc3. nice casual sf4 matches.. i really need a stick so i can be less scrub XD
uber and gandalf - bl in doubles, i read that book. i hear uber got bracket *****, ouuuch. link wouldn't have XD. nice 2 see the other wizard.
sieg - maan times with u are great, i hear u showed that wall your dash straight. lets play some games together some time.. oh yeah i enjoy valkyrie chronicles thx for the recommend.
mooose - u silly gooose. biiiiiiingoooo

dam people will be disapointed if i forgot them.. but dam its late and i am tired.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Great tournament guys. I'm amazed to have so many recorded matches. I love being recorded :)

<3 QLD. YEAHZZ~~~

Shoutouts coming when I don't feel so crap after a 13 hour drive home >_>

Remastered

Smash Lord
Shouts:

Jaice: Well done making the top place for QLD. Just shows how good you really are even though you have never played these oos'ers before. Good work in your MM's too. Beating Ted's Wario was a highlight ;).

Apollo: Thanks for the friendlies, and widening my knowledge of the ZSS MU. Pretty disappointed you and Nova arn't part of the QLD scene. Need more good blokes like you guys.

Nova: You read the game far better than almost any player I have versed. Great natural ability at smash. You had me laughing quite a bit over the weekend, your sense of humour is similar to mine and Jaice's. Again I'm pretty disappointed you guys don't live up this way.

(If you 2 are ever up this way again, you have a place to stay, even if it's not for smash. I'll post that controller to you Apollo, just PM me your address. On a side note, **** pit, seriously.)

Jei: On that note, I actually thoroughly enjoyed our uber tight last match, I had to adapt pretty quickly too that pit. Had no idea going into that match how to play it, and so did a lot of other people too haha. Kudo's to anyone who doesn't use high tiers though ;)

Toki: Good bloke, great dancing.

R4VEN: Always good catching up at tourneys. GJ against Ted, another highlight of the tourney. Bad luck at also losing to that Pit lol

Jessie & Corey: Need to see more of you guys, always great to have you at tourneys and meets, stop living so far away. Will have you Nth QLDers around soon for some killer smash.

J-birds: Happy I can make you think twice about running MK against me now. Really good match, and good bloke.

Hotdog: Watching Jaice knock you out of the tournament was another highlight.

Vyse: Would have liked to have played a few matches with you at this tourney. Good work TO, it was one of the best I have attended.

Testi: PR? lol. Glad your finally finding your feet in smash. Need another super epic Marth v Luigi match soon.

Arrow: Will hold poker and DYNAMIC ENTERY at mine soon. Will keep you posted.

Cal: Low tier hats off. Good bloke.

Jesmo: Probably the most versitile brawler around, can use so many characters well.

Ted: Always good to have you in QLD, mad player.

ZXV: Very impressive Peach, hats off to low tier champs.

Attila: Pretty disappointed I didn't get a go at your Snake with D3 but our Match of Snake v Fox in pools was good. Well done on coming 3rd.

Earl: Stop using MK. If MK ever gets banned, stop using Marth.

Blade: To the funniest KO I have ever accomplished in smash. Boomerang sliding fullcharge D3 sweetspot fsmash on link at 30% to death.

Andrew & Emery: Sorry about the pools guys, you have what it takes to do well so keep at it.

Foxy: Thanks for teaching me the TL MU, I always struggle against him.

SD and SP: Nice work knocking us to losers in doubles.

Uber: Nice guy, you should pick up brawl, I think you will do well.

Tiahn: Your so bad, pick up Pit again lol.

Overall a good tourney, and it got me a little more interested in smash again. Wish I had played someone other than Pit in the third round, but that's how it goes. I'm pretty sure our PR needs a massive revision.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Lol. My Pit has never forced this reaction before...Sorry Ad3pt.

My shoutouts will probably be posted tonight.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Matt mad, also I don't think our PR needs a massive revision. Some small changes might occur after smashplay.

Edit: Actually, there will be a lot of changes.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Nova: You read the game far better than almost any player I have versed. Great natural ability at smash. You had me laughing quite a bit over the weekend, your sense of humour is similar to mine and Jaice's. Again I'm pretty disappointed you guys don't live up this way.
I'm disappointed as well lol.
I hate SA's scene. :/

I'll def be back for smash sometime though.

Edit: Damn I'm annoyed I didn't get my set with Corpse recorded.
Meh.

Top Bottom