• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2K stuff about Marth (big update first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
thank for the feedback on the Olimar match up fellas...ill be sure to refer back to here if i have another question on a match up

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
I really want to see a good marth in brawl be posted on youtube. Drago's combo video is a melee marth and does not incorporate all of marth new potencial, M2K or Ken have to put up a video soon so that marth can be justly put in the top tier

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Thank you for the feedback Terranrox, I am not going to lie, I am not the expert with Marth vs. Meta Knight, that would probably be Emblem Lord. But somethings I would like to say is:

- I am pretty sure Marth's SH fair has greater range and priority then Meta Knight's, but I haven't tested it.

- You can really only use the sweet spotted dolphin slash once per game, it can be easy to punish. But the really nice thing about it is that you get about 5 frames of invincibility at the beginning protecting you from many attacks

- As for the other two things it kind of becomes a rock, paper, scissors game for both characters, so I guess there really isn't a great advantage, although Marth is slower, he does have an advantage of range and power, also the counter counts for something too I guess

Mr.C

Smash Master
The only thing you can do vs Meta Knight is eat his tasty mother fuxing Mach Tornado.

Leinad999508

Smash Rookie
Right Behind You (Even when you turn around...)
I found this out today, (if someone already said this then ignore me) but during Marth's Final Smash, if you use it in midair (haven't tested on ground yet) and c-stick back (others might work) after you miss, he swings the sword and stops instead of continuing to run all the way off screen.

Torn

Smash Cadet
You're right

I think B cancels it a tad faster, but I may be incorrect.
Yeah, a well-timed B press will cancel an airborne Critical Hit slightly faster than your other options (by 1 second/4 or 5 frames or so.)

Also, I think that (unfortunately) we're gonna have to concede to Mr. C - he is right in this case. Marth does like to eat Metaknight's Mach Tornado.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ya, as long as mk isn't at point blank when he begins it(which you shouldn't anyways since you should space properly AND mk would probably be spacing a bit too since he uses a sword!), you can always do a retreating fair/nair as sonic just said. The tornado itself is a giant hitbox, but it's not a disjointed one, unlike Marth's sword. You'll automatically get priority over his tornado >>

Free hit much?

Torn

Smash Cadet
Just kidding...

Ya, as long as mk isn't at point blank when he begins it(which you shouldn't anyways since you should space properly AND mk would probably be spacing a bit too since he uses a sword!), you can always do a retreating fair/nair as sonic just said. The tornado itself is a giant hitbox, but it's not a disjointed one, unlike Marth's sword. You'll automatically get priority over his tornado >>

Free hit much?
^^ Or you could fair. Or up B. Or nair. It's not that hard for Marth actually.

Oh, haha, guys, I was actually being coquettishly sarcastic in my reference to Metaknight's tornado. I guess it doesn't translate well through text. Yeah, a spaced fair outranges it and Dolphin Slash gives you some sweet, sweet, delicious IASA frames which both make Metaknight hesitant to pull out his tornado on even a stunned Marth. No one's gonna say it isn't hard to DI out of once you're caught in it though, which is what I believe Mr. C was referring to in the first place.

Yeah, I main Marth, so you'd be hard-pressed to find me conceding any point to a Metaknight who's on the verge of wearing his B button out.

Torn

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I think that metaknight's most annoying moves are the bair and fair. When your off the edge your not always going to fair or bair yourslef while recovering

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
too long for me to read it all but from what i read its great... look forward to seeing u play marth in brawl m2k? no more waveshine for u >.< =p wish u luck and hope to see more from u in brawl like in melee :D

ps. please please post a vid.. it really does look like a good m2k combo =p

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I never found Mach Tornado to be much of a problem.

When Meta kills the space is my only issue. So long as I have him a distance, I can usually outplay him with better range and stronger, if slower attacks.

metaknightroy06

Smash Rookie
M2K, thank you for putting this up. they screwed marth up. so now i'm not the beast i used to be with him, but with more practice, i'll find new ways to use him. anyways, thanks, and stay smashin.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Is M2k playing as D3 because of the chain throw and the D3cide? Seems like its ruining the spirit of competitive play by chain thwing the opponent's first stock, then D3cideing the rest of their stocks
Well, yeah. He doesn't really like brawl and is only playing to
A. Try to prove it's broken
and
B. Win money

I personally like melee better as a game, but brawl has attracted a lot more competition at my local gigabits. Now if only the matches were a little bit shorter (some matches can take forever in brawl) then we could easily run both games at tournaments and get a much bigger turnout.

Speaking of tournaments. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164840
Fast 1 is going to be sweet, and we're running both games.

netch!

Smash Cadet
i'd find it hilarious if they released the PAL version fixing all the issues everyone's been discussing here

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Nope it will be the same smash mostly.

But wow D3 is that good for someone to give up marth?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
random technique...sweetspot d-air easily!

kinda random, but, i find it e'z 2 metaor smash someone by footstool jumping off of someone-then immidiatly d-air...this almost always hits the d-air's sweetspot! "...and down they go!":chuckle:

Almo

Smash Ace
how many frames before someone can airdodge out of a fair at 76% and after the fair was 84?

So 76% > Fair > 84%

I'm asking this because i recently pulled off a ken combo and people say it's not possible unless they don't airdodge, but obviously there is some amount of time before the airdodge takes effect.

I did some math and i came out that the fair and dair were 0.766 (6 repeated) seconds apart from the last frame hit on the fair and the first on the dair. I believe its 46 frames but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I believe this can be airdodged out of, but taking into the fact that the only time i play brawl is wih cpu's or online, so taking into the online factor, would this be plausible to do around mid-high % since the reaction time due to delay is generally slowed down?

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Dair sucks now, but isn't completely useless, but it's worse than before, and it's easiest to spike by hitting with the top-back part of it. I meteor cancelled it though. Don't try using this move to gimp people much if at all, because spamming Fairs way off stage is much more useful.
This is so false, such a good move to gimp and has to be one of marths good moves really helpful in teams REALL HELPFULL

M2K sorry but your wrong there

IrArby

Smash Ace
This is so false, such a good move to gimp and has to be one of marths good moves really helpful in teams REALL HELPFULL

M2K sorry but your wrong there
Compared to what it was? I don't know about you but I haven't seen to many ledgehopped spikes goin on lately. Maybe your just playin bad people but hardly anyone attempts dair like they used to cause it doesn't work. In melee the were maybe 2 practical uses for dair other than spiking2death including jumping out of sheild to hit someone directly behind you and maybe one other use thats slipped my mind but even that has lost most of its praticality.

In summary
M2K is right
"sorry but your wrong there"

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
i would say the m2k i was right it still hard as hell to use but u can auto cacnel it.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why this thread is still a sticky. M2K does main Marth anymore and has not updated it in over a month. I honestly would rather have Emblem Lords Marth Faq's sticky'd rather then this one. They are a lot more informative in my opinion. Not like my opinion means anything.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone plays low gravity mode occasionally for fun, Marth can "jump/fly/hover" forever using Dancing Blade.

Simply jump and use Dancing Blade, this will boost you(like normal), now use Dancing Blade again(but not so fast or not so slow, make sure you're only using the first slash of Dancing Blade), now you'll boost up in the air again. You can do this forever, this gives Marth an infinite recovery(as long as you can jump once) in low gravity mode.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Compared to what it was? I don't know about you but I haven't seen to many ledgehopped spikes goin on lately. Maybe your just playin bad people but hardly anyone attempts dair like they used to cause it doesn't work. In melee the were maybe 2 practical uses for dair other than spiking2death including jumping out of sheild to hit someone directly behind you and maybe one other use thats slipped my mind but even that has lost most of its praticality.

In summary
M2K is right
"sorry but your wrong there"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QM5X9wFA1LY
watch it
Also Danimals does not play scrubs. He plays lucky, mango, and many others, and they aren't noobs for sure. So I would take his advice seriously. Also the only thing that made dair useful in melee was that it could be l-cancelled. Also even though its hard to hit w/ once you get it down you can obviously **** just like Danimals in the vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom