• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/15/19/24/27/32/33/34] FF7: Mafia Remix | Game over, Mafia Wins!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Sorry about this, I'm sick and just feeling generally blergh about doing anything let alone posting here.

Mentos, why did you decide on voteblocking Sue instead of roleblocking?

Sue, out of Frozenflame and Junglefever, which would you lynch?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, well, that was an interesting read, so I'll be taking that into account big time :D Definitely not the play today that's for sure. Unfortunately as I said, I'm pretty much fine with almost everyone but Nix dying, which still leaves a pool of 5 players to choose from>_>

@Omis: Quite frankly? Sue hadn't answered my question at all yet so I was extremely uncomfortable with the slot. Given my two options, I felt voteblocking a potential scum who was attacking me(since, from my perspective I know it's a mislynch) would do more to kill any momentum on that line than roleblocking would. Take away one of the main proponents of your lynch's vote, you knock off someone you know is going after a mislynch, and make it that much harder for a wagon to go.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, well, that was an interesting read, so I'll be taking that into account big time :D Definitely not the play today that's for sure. Unfortunately as I said, I'm pretty much fine with almost everyone but Nix dying, which still leaves a pool of 5 players to choose from>_>

@Omis: Quite frankly? Sue hadn't answered my question at all yet so I was extremely uncomfortable with the slot. Given my two options, I felt voteblocking a potential scum who was attacking me(since, from my perspective I know it's a mislynch) would do more to kill any momentum on that line than roleblocking would. Take away one of the main proponents of your lynch's vote, you knock off someone you know is going after a mislynch, and make it that much harder for a wagon to go.
What do you mean by the bold?

Also you didn't answer Summoner's question at all, despite typing an entire paragraph in order to try (and fail) answering a question that only required a one word answer. How did that happen?

Right now I'm not comfortable with a mentos lynch anymore so I'd rather look at Chaco, and then JF.

Chaco has continued to not do **** all game despite claiming to be trying to catch up and contribute over and over and over. If he's not just coasting lazy scum idk what to think anymore.

Nominatie: Chaco

@ Sue: Why Summoner over Chaco?

@ Nix and Omis: Of JF, Chaco, Summoner who is the best play today?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ff, I think you misinterpreted the question... summoned wanted my reasoning for voteblocking Sue N2 instead of roleblocking, that's exactly what I gave... How in the he'll would I have answered that in one word? And the bold is pretty obvious, I don't feel Sue as the play today, what more do you want me to say?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually that's my bad, I didn't put @Sue there like I thought I did, and was just referring to their latest postXD /facepalm @self

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
You know...I'm at a lost here and it kind of sucks -_- Omis and Chaco need to post more!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like seriously I'm down with just lynching Chaco without waiting for him to post.

He's just made empty promises all game. He hasn't followed up at all so far and if he's just coasting scum then he has no motive to change that now.

Like if he's town we have no reason to believe that, he's just been distinctly anti-town all game.

I won't even feel bad if we lynch him and he's town and we lose. It's seriously his fault for doing nothing all game.

Plus I don't want him alive in any definite endgame scenario anyway.

Willing to hear arguments for other candidates though. I just think Chaco is a hard pick to beat.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I can agree with that, while Omis has posted about as much as Chaco, at least he gives us stances when he pops in, or at least somewhat tells us what he's thinking.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Chaco would be my choice for the lynch today. Which, incidentally, we should prolly take care of before Tom gets back since deadline was... 2 days ago...

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
10 days since mod post; 5 days since deadline; you can consider me /out, stopped caring when saw deadline passed and tom said we'd get a no lynch anyway

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
(Voice of the dead: Any chance another mod (or comod) can sub in? It was a fun read til now! Would be a shame to see this game end in such a way)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Just so you all know, Tom did ask me to help him run this a few days ago, but I don't have any info of the set-up. Roles, previous actions, nothing.

From what I understand, adumbrodeus has volunteered to take over this game. If he doesn't want to, I'll take it up, unless you guys would prefer for this to just die.

Whoever takes over, you'll have to forward your role PMs to them, and previous night actions would be good if you have them.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I'm your new mod.

Please foreward all role pms and previous night actions to me ASAP, once I have them I'll decide if a deadline extension is appropriate and how long, mainly based on when tom stopped doing votecounts.

I'll shoot you all a pm tonight saying this information.

This stands at least until Tom gets back.

Question, does anyone know who reviewed Tom's setup?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, I'm your new mod.

Please foreward all role pms and previous night actions to me ASAP, once I have them I'll decide if a deadline extension is appropriate and how long, mainly based on when tom stopped doing votecounts.

I'll shoot you all a pm tonight saying this information.

This stands at least until Tom gets back.

Question, does anyone know who reviewed Tom's setup?
No idea on that, but with it being Tom, it's very possible that no one reviewed it. Also in terms of deadline extension, we kinda powervoted after realizing deadline had passed 2 days prior, so you can handle that however you like.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

The game resumes!

Final Vote Count:
[0] Sue
[0] Chaco
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Omis
[0] Junglefever
[0] frozenflame751
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, Chaco, mentosman8, Nix, Omis, Junglefever, frozenflame, SummonerAU

For a moment, it seemed like the universe stood still, just for a moment. No death has touched the tormented earth today, but how long can this last? The hero falters, the Geostigma continues, and the rebirth is one step closer.

Night 4 begins, night actions are due by October 25th 2010, 04:00 EST

Also, just saying, hilt is awesome for fixing all of Tom's music and doing my music requests.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Music request.
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gXV72Zcq4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gXV72Zcq4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Day 5 begins

Steal your materia!

A noble thief, sworn to protect her homeland. A virtual innocent, still untested in the ways of the world. And so the senseless slaughter begins anew.

Frozenflame751, Yuffie Kisaragi (town-to-independent marker) was killed during the night.

Vote Count 1:
[0] Sue
[0] Chaco
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Omis
[0] Junglefever
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, Chaco, mentosman8, Nix, Omis, Junglefever, SummonerAU

With 7 players left, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 begins, a deadline is set for November 7th 2010, 04:00 EST

Note: I forgot to mention this before, so I held off ending the night until now, but in the future, all deadlines will be based on a 24 hour clock, and this will be noted in the front page. So 4 pm will be written as 16:00 EST.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I live still!.....and what in the world is a town-to-independent marker?

I need to re-read now or something, cause I forget what we were discussing before the mass Chaco vote...

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think his alignment changes perhaps, and marker is a survivalist role out of the original game.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hey everyone! I'll be ready to join in soon. I've spent over three hours catching up and I still have much more to do.

Adumb, can you say what you changed?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Please bold anything addressed to me, or use gold, I can't guarantee I'll notice it otherwise.

Basic changes I made:

1. Added that all deadlines reflect 24 hour clock and Eastern Standard time.

2. Changed the length of the night and added that I can add to day or night phase at my discretion to avoid weekend deadlines.

3. Changed the "strategic modkill rule".

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
oh games back

Scamp, your thoughts would be very much appreciated. Sooner rather than later ;]

Chaco, top 3 picks for scum. Give every little bit of information you can as to why. If the lynch had of gone ahead, you were dead. Tell me why someone else should be lynched over you today.

Mentos, tell me who you voteblocked yesterday

Jungle, read Scamp but you get no smiley

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
Chat: Log

me: and da **** > . >
i are confused now
Sent at 9:27 PM on Tuesday
Xiivi: :p
Xiivi's new status message - What's My Name ft. Drake - Rihanna - LOUD ( 1:55 / 4:16 ) 9:29 PM
me: ok yeah at this point i think most of the townies are dead
so, the only chance of a win would be a cross fire
Sent at 9:29 PM on Tuesday
Xiivi: lol we're ****ed prob
****ing alignment changing roles
me: xD
Xiivi: I might have to re-think jungle
:(
me: insert i told you so here
Xiivi: I said re-think
):<
me: sorry i just yearn for the chance to step on you :p
Xiivi: go do that by killing scum
Sent at 9:32 PM on Tuesday
me: but what to kill ;_;
everyone who's died so far has been town or indy
> . >
i think that leves an sk and 3-4 scum.. ?
Xiivi: prob 3 scum
frozen's role is a type of sk
me: oh?
Xiivi: plus there hasn't been a double kill often has there
me: true
Xiivi: see jungle's role in the previous FFVII mafia
oh ****
me: kk
Xiivi: that extra kill
had to have come from frozen
prob was on riddle
me: ahh
Xiivi: and then mafia jan'd chuckie
becuz in previous fvii
marker could kill 1 time
and I doubt his kill would have been the jan kill
must have been mafia kill
so prob
4 townie/indy & 3 mafia
I hope 0 indy
me: as do i, with the mentee's dead though and him dead
i dont think thered be more
Xiivi: yeah
so today is prob LYLO
me: well
at least our chances are high
of hitting scum
i feel like its like turning a roulette wheel now though. no one seems overly town or scummy besides me
though i want to trust nix stil
So yeah. I think we're in LYLO right now.

And honestly I'm pretty stuck. I don't really know who feels too scummy or townlike right now.

I want to trust nix for another day though... but I'm feeling uneasy.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Mentos, did I mention I'm really looking forward to hearing who you voteblocked yesterday?

Vote: Chaco

so like Nix, I know you get lazy when you're pretty much considered town and all, but could you be a little more useful? You aren't really helping the activity of this game much.

Still sold on Chaco, Mentos and Jungle. Like hearing that you're reconsidering Jungle, Sve.
Chaco, Mantos and Jungle, I want 3 suspects from you guys now. Give as much reasoning as you think you need.

hmm, I like that Mentos and Jungle haven't posted yet.

@Adumbrodeus: Any chance of getting a list of prods on people in future votecounts?

Top Bottom