• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/15/19/24/27/32/33/34] FF7: Mafia Remix | Game over, Mafia Wins!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@FF: The problem you found with my 940 was kinda another case of me rambling and appearing to imply one thing when I meant another. I meant to say I had another reason to be for claiming, I just wanted to hear people's responses before I said it in particular. Still see where you're coming from, but I've got nothin on why Riddler died recruiting Rockin.

The reason I was talking about is that D2 Kevin didn't use a safe claim of any sort(granted it was clear he had given up), and later we had a janned role. This could easily mean that not all anti-town entities were given safe claims, and perhaps given an alternate chance of getting them, which could make a claim much more powerful. Obviously I don't have any proof of this, but we do have two anti-town players who didn't use a safe claim, and a jan, so it's possible a mass-claim could be more fruitful than usual.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Figured I'd post to say that I'm working on a full re-read of this beast right now. Not very far yet:( Also, it was incredibly frustrating that Jungle's name was changed mid-way, because I kept thinking "who's Mark" every time I saw it

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Scum NK Riddler, Chuckie dies from Kevin dying and Tom modjans his flip for some reason. That's all I can think of that's not what we already think (scum kill and jan chuckie, Riddler dies for whatever reason). Working on an assignment now, will be paying less attention until I finish or get enough done I can feel good enough to stop.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm putting a pause in my re-read cuz I got tired, I feel like I'm making some progress with some, well, rather heavy note-taking.

@Summoner: If Chuckie had been recruited and died upon Kevin's death, it would have happened at the same time, not after the following night. Similarly, I still quite strongly believe Kevin didn't have the ability to recruit anyone, which is why I'm still very confused on the situation.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Mentos: Dude wtf don't ignore my question about your blue text. Why are you asking Tom that question? What is the difference between "not reaching a majority" and "hitting deadline"?

@ Chaco: Since you seem to be struggling so much to catch up and actually read posts in their entirety, I'll make it easy for you.

1.) Are you for or against the mass claim and why? If you are against it and your only reason for being against it is because of a janitor being in the game you are dumb so please have a different reason.

2.) How do you think Riddler died and Nix survived? THOROUGHLY EXPLAIN WHAT YOU THINK AND YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS FOR WHY.

3.) Do you think our vote blockers is town or scum and why?

I asked these three questions to EVERYONE but you're being too bullheaded to even recognize that. And you say I have no reason to suspect you other than your lurkish behavior. What a ****ing joke.

And of course, I'd always love to hear who scum are if you have some good ideas.

@ Nix: Apologies, I forgot about that. I did read your last post but I just forgot about it. Anyway I hope you're feeling better and look forward to hearing from you soon.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoops I forgot about that question. In the rules it says we may vote for no lunch, if deadline hits no one will be lunched. I'm clarifying that the second part refers to no majority, not just voting no lynch. I'd assume that's what it is, but I want to make sure so if the voteblocker is an idiot and uses their power tonight or onward we know if townies being voteblocked still leaves an out for town victory in Lylo.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Here's how I see it, we claim now, scum can just work out who's the 'weakest' and then push a lynch on them today. I want people to state who they think are scummy right now and why they believe so before we go into any sort of claim. Mentos is still doing a reread and originally stated he has no clue who scum are. Chaco is also doing a reread and hasn't said much about who he thinks is scum. Nix is away. Omis is dead. Jungle is doing a reread on me before he says anything about scum today. Sue hasn't said much. We jump into a claim now, they can just pick and choose whoever they want to be 'suspicious' of. I want people to start talking before we just claim. If there are more than 3 town between Omis, Chaco, Mentos and Jungle, I'm not going to be happy after the game.

Off-topic, I found your last most hilarious Mentos. I'd hate to be lunched.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sue was voteblocked yesterday I know, if anyone else has been they haven't claimed it yet. On that note, interesting question, anyone else been voteblocked/is currently voteblocked?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
JFkjfFEOIHEFHJE:HF:OSAIJFJF MENTOS WHAT ARE YOU DOING

IF YOU ARE VOTEBLOCKED RIGHT NOW DO NOT ANSWER MENTOS. THE WHOLE POINT OF SUE'S IDEA WAS TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING

I REPEAT IF YOU ARE VOTEBLOCKED RIGHT NOW DO NOT CLAIM IT OR SHOW IT IN ANY WAY

However if you have been voteblocked in the past, please do tell.

@ Summoner: Thank you for the anti-claim reasoning.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interestingly dramatic response for the second time in the game Frozen. You yourself have made a point of questioning the surety of the voteblocker being town. If you aren't sure the voteblocker is town, why would you be so against the voteblocked claiming? If the voteblocker ended up being scum, would it not be in town's best interests to know who is voteblocked earlier? Not to mention, what if the voteblocker is scum and we don't know someone is voteblocked today? If we were to no lynch at that point it's game set and match because town can not get a majority. If you doubt the voteblocker's alignment, even a bit, how do you not see how much it hurts us if the voteblocked doesn't claim? Meanwhile, if the voteblocker is town, they would have to be a complete idiot to have used their power last night and honestly, with the people in this game, I find that highly unlikely.

tl;dr: If voteblocker is scum, town needs to know because that makes today a potential lylo instead of mylo. If the voteblocker is town, considering I pointed out yesterday a mislynch put us at mylo at absolute best night results, lylo at worst, do you really think anyone left in the game is dumb enough to voteblock in that situation? If someone's voteblocked, chances are the blocker's scum and we need to know.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Against mass claim, as I first hand know it is far too easy to lie and be believed in a Tom game. Also, Mentos has a valid point about Kevin, BUT I just think he gave up and didn't bother with a safeclaim.

Riddler is a stronger player, psuedo cleared or not, I'd feel a more imminent threat as scum from Dr. Riddler than Nix. Or it could've been an indy who just went for a non contested kill so that they wouldn't double up.

I'd want to say Town definitely, I just don't see Tom using a Scum VBer in a set up like this. I can see a Jan and whatnot, but I don't see that with a VBer. I'd guess you'd easily have something like:

Godfather, Hitman, Jan in this game. Restricting GF to faction control, and Jan to a one time as it would appear at this point so Hitman would be a good choice with those too. But just speculation.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mentos and Frozen right now. Third I'm not sure of. Not liking the fell of those two whatsoever, like Frozen feels off and I'm seeing deviation from the usual uniform Frozen play.

Omis

my friends were skinny
1.) To my knowledge, Tom always gives safe claims for scum. While it might be easy to weed out some of the scum claims, I dont think its a risk worth taking right now if we dont need to. Ive never really been fond of mass claims since they tend to make games like this flavour ****. Additionally, with many town prs already being dead, I see most of the claims being vanilla which are completely believable at this point and hard to refute.

2. Im not seeng why it couldnt be a vig/indy/mafia kill at this point. I dont think any mason mechanics would support only one of them dying and I dont see it being out of place for there to be multiple killing factions in this game. I dont see many other options.

3. I really dont have a clue about this one. We havent seen any of the mafia roles but town has had a few power roles so its pretty much a given that mafia has something and VB fits in pretty well as a mafia role.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Chaco, why Mentos?

@Omis, who do you think the scum are and why? Are you up-to-date with the game?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
if the voteblocker was scum they would already know who was voteblocked so...I kind of forgot where i was going with that .... -_-

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
@ Sue or anyone who knows: How convinced are we that the vote blocker is town aligned and why?
Now that Rockin has flipped town I am not as sure really... however if you think about it, why would the scum be so worried about our vote as to VB us toDay.

I have a feeling he's town though.

if the voteblocker was scum they would already know who was voteblocked so...I kind of forgot where i was going with that .... -_-
Glad to see you're back :D

Sue: Against Mass Claim

I think someone already mentioned this but... What are we going to do with 8 townie claims?

Of which most would be vanilla townie claims...

Sue: Against talking about the voteblocker or who is blocked right now.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Tiger: Speaking

Forgive the status messages that was added into the log... but I think you may enjoy them anyway :p

me: we cant assume the VB is town now right xDsince rockin wasnt scum..

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:42 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:57 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

Xiivi: yeah but I don't see why scum would be so worried about our vote to VB us

me:
do you agree with this list

Scummy looking right now: (in order of most to least)
mentosman8
SummonerAU

Unsure (in order of most to least)
Chaco
Junglefever
frozenflame751

Townlike:
Sue
Nix2100
Omis

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:40 / 3:42 ) 8:58 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:55 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:10 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:25 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi:
man haven't I like drilled it into you I will never think jungle is non-town and will never want to lynch him
lol

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:40 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

me: i know xD
but
he makes me so uneasy :S
do you at least agree with my scumlist?

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:12 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi:
because you are wrong

me:
/townlist

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:27 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi:
mentos/summoner/chaco team probz
chaco said he thought team was mentos/frozen

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Summoner: Wants to know who Sue thinks is the play today

...I just wanted to try it once

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
Actual: Log

Tiger is like epically failing at organization :D
Xiivi: you should make some prod dodge post in FFVII mafiacause I'll be able to make a post after my exams tomorrow ;D
me: oh right i forgot sureee
im free

also... i made my draft for the super powers thing
xD

Xiivi: yay

me: and i havent studied for tomorow

but oh well
i dont care
>>

Xiivi:
:p

Sent at 8:42 PM on Wednesday

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 1:27 / 4:23 ) 8:46 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 1:42 / 4:23 ) 8:46 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 1:57 / 4:23 ) 8:46 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:12 / 4:23 ) 8:46 PM

me: by the way

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:27 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

me: we cant assume the VB is town now right xD
since rockin wasnt scum..

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:42 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 2:57 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

Xiivi: yeah but I don't see why scum would be so worried about our vote to VB us

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 3:12 / 4:23 ) 8:47 PM

me: true true
votes may help them
im using that in the post
:D

Xiivi:
:p

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 3:27 / 4:23 ) 8:48 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 3:42 / 4:23 ) 8:48 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 3:57 / 4:23 ) 8:48 PM

Xiivi's new status message - You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift - Fearless (Platinum Edition) ( 4:12 / 4:23 ) 8:48 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 0:04 / 3:53 ) 8:49 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 0:19 / 3:53 ) 8:49 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 0:34 / 3:53 ) 8:49 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 0:49 / 3:53 ) 8:49 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 1:04 / 3:53 ) 8:50 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 1:19 / 3:53 ) 8:50 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 1:34 / 3:53 ) 8:50 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 1:49 / 3:53 ) 8:50 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 2:04 / 3:53 ) 8:51 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 2:19 / 3:53 ) 8:51 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 2:34 / 3:53 ) 8:51 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 2:49 / 3:53 ) 8:51 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 3:04 / 3:53 ) 8:52 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 3:19 / 3:53 ) 8:52 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 3:34 / 3:53 ) 8:52 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Because Of You - Ne-Yo - Because of You ( 3:49 / 3:53 ) 8:52 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 0:11 / 3:16 ) 8:53 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 0:26 / 3:16 ) 8:53 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 0:41 / 3:16 ) 8:53 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 0:56 / 3:16 ) 8:53 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 1:11 / 3:16 ) 8:54 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 1:26 / 3:16 ) 8:54 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 1:41 / 3:16 ) 8:54 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 1:56 / 3:16 ) 8:54 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 2:11 / 3:16 ) 8:55 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 2:26 / 3:16 ) 8:55 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 2:41 / 3:16 ) 8:55 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 2:56 / 3:16 ) 8:55 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Dirty Little Secret - The All-American Rejects - Move Along ( 3:11 / 3:16 ) 8:56 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 0:09 / 3:42 ) 8:56 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 0:25 / 3:42 ) 8:56 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 0:39 / 3:42 ) 8:56 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 0:55 / 3:42 ) 8:57 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 1:10 / 3:42 ) 8:57 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 1:25 / 3:42 ) 8:57 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 1:39 / 3:42 ) 8:57 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 1:55 / 3:42 ) 8:58 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:10 / 3:42 ) 8:58 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:25 / 3:42 ) 8:58 PM

me: do you agree with this list
Scummy looking right now: (in order of most to least)
mentosman8
SummonerAU

Unsure:(in order of most to least)
Chaco
Junglefever
frozenflame751

Townlike:
Sue
Nix2100
Omis

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:40 / 3:42 ) 8:58 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 2:55 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:10 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:25 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

Xiivi: man haven't I like drilled it into you I will never think jungle is non-town and will never want to lynch him
lol

Xiivi's new status message - Shakespeare - Miranda Cosgrove - Sparks Fly ( 3:40 / 3:42 ) 8:59 PM

me: i know xD
but
he makes me so uneasy :S
do you at least agree with my scumlist

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:12 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi: because you are wrong

me: /townlist

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:27 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi: mentos/summoner/chaco team probz
chaco said he thought team was mentos/frozen

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:42 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi: and then went on to ***** about frozen in the post
but not really mentos
so mentos/summ/chaco makes sense

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 0:57 / 3:52 ) 9:00 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 1:12 / 3:52 ) 9:01 PM

me: alrighty

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 1:27 / 3:52 ) 9:01 PM

me: should i share this or are you going to post your wonderful post with that in it

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 1:42 / 3:52 ) 9:01 PM

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 1:57 / 3:52 ) 9:01 PM

Xiivi: you can say whatever you want

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 2:12 / 3:52 ) 9:02 PM

me: alwightyy

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 2:27 / 3:52 ) 9:02 PM

Xiivi: if you wanted to post hydra logs you can too if you don't want to say jungle is town
because he is
and you're wrong
and if you want to show everyone you're wrong
you can

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 2:42 / 3:52 ) 9:02 PM

me: ** you

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 2:57 / 3:52 ) 9:02 PM

me: i just wanted to curse you on the log

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 3:12 / 3:52 ) 9:03 PM

me: although i have this between every message between us
" Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 3:12 / 3:52 ) 9:03 PM"

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 3:27 / 3:52 ) 9:03 PM

me: so posting a log would be a pain... you could if you wish XD

Xiivi: rofllllllllllllllll

Xiivi's new status message - Cunx Tuesday - Ke$ha - Animal ( 3:42 / 3:52 ) 9:03 PM

Xiivi: omg if we ever post logs
YOU MUST be the one to do it

Xiivi's new status message - Battlefield - Jordin Sparks - Battlefield ( 0:05 / 4:02 ) 9:03 PM

Xiivi: because the status message would be rofl

me: LOL
itd be so long <<

Xiivi's new status message - Battlefield - Jordin Sparks - Battlefield ( 0:20 / 4:02 ) 9:04 PM

Xiivi: that's fine
it'd be funnyyyyyy

me: posted as tiger
> . >

me: LOL

Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 5:03 / 6:22 ) 9:12 PM

Xiivi: those logs aren't even complete
lol

me: gahh!

Xiivi: you suck at logs

Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 5:33 / 6:22 ) 9:13 PM

me: i tried pressing "copy log
XD

Xiivi: and posting as sue
lol

me: OH SHUT UP
;_;

Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 5:48 / 6:22 ) 9:13 PM

me: xD

Xiivi: just ctrl+A the whole chat box
and post everything

me: i know i tried cutting out ALL the stuff

Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 6:03 / 6:22 ) 9:13 PM

me: like the status messages
i mean theres this every second
Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 6:03 / 6:22 ) 9:13 PM

Xiivi: so

Xiivi's new status message - Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 ft. Mike Shinoda & Chester Bennington - Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People ( 6:18 / 6:22 ) 9:14 PM

Xiivi: use collapse tags

me: xD
ok

Chaco

Never Logs In
Complete gut on Mentos. I'm a gut player, and can't provide much more info than he feels really off to me.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Is it complete gut on Frozen as well? Are you going to sit here and tell us you really have NOTHIGN substantial on D4? What posts are irking you about mentos then? What about him really feels off?

Omis, thanks for poppin in. So who's scum?

I think mentos has a valid point on the vb claim.

Started rereading on Summoner, nothings really stood out to me about him, nothing particularly bad, nothing particularly good. Always have trouble reading him though.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interestingly dramatic response for the second time in the game Frozen. You yourself have made a point of questioning the surety of the voteblocker being town. If you aren't sure the voteblocker is town, why would you be so against the voteblocked claiming? If the voteblocker ended up being scum, would it not be in town's best interests to know who is voteblocked earlier? Not to mention, what if the voteblocker is scum and we don't know someone is voteblocked today? If we were to no lynch at that point it's game set and match because town can not get a majority. If you doubt the voteblocker's alignment, even a bit, how do you not see how much it hurts us if the voteblocked doesn't claim? Meanwhile, if the voteblocker is town, they would have to be a complete idiot to have used their power last night and honestly, with the people in this game, I find that highly unlikely.

tl;dr: If voteblocker is scum, town needs to know because that makes today a potential lylo instead of mylo. If the voteblocker is town, considering I pointed out yesterday a mislynch put us at mylo at absolute best night results, lylo at worst, do you really think anyone left in the game is dumb enough to voteblock in that situation? If someone's voteblocked, chances are the blocker's scum and we need to know.
Seriously mentos? Seriously?

The fact that you have absolutely no idea why I had that sense of urgency when I posted that is like screaming scum right now. Let me explain why everything you just said is pretty much useless garble.

Ok, so we don't know the VBer's alignment. So let's break this down:

Scum VBer:

This means that we are pretty much guanteed to be having a town be RB'd every day, and also means that in a lylo situation mafia will pretty much win since their VB will allow them to stall the game out until deadline since the town will be unable to reach a majority, and then get a free NK, bring the game to parity, and then VB again and secure majoirty. GGs.

Town VBer:

If the town is a VBer, he is our ace in the hole against mafia alpha strikes. Well, atleast full strength alpha strikes. If he successfully nails a mafiat, unfortunately the mafia will know they will be unable to alpha stike at full force, and therefore won't try to do it and fail thus revealing themselves, however it does buy us some wiggle room.

Basically if the VBer is town we DO NOT WANT HIM TO CLAIM because by being able to shut down mafia votes, he can extend the life of the town by preventing mafia from being able to vote at or above parity. Every night, the town VBer should either VB someone he is pretty **** sure is town, or just not VB. This creates a WIFOM scenario for the mafia, since they will ONLY know if the VBer VB'd someone IF he hits a mafiat. There is no way for them to know if he just chose not to VB anyone if none of them get him.

This is important because if we abide by Sue's strategy for the rest of the game, i.e. proxy voting until we reach close to if not uniform agreement on a lynch and THEN vote once everyone has promised to do so. This way, even if we have a townie VB'd because the VBer screwed up, the mafia has no way to just sit back and stall out the day because they'd be risking revealing themselves if they tried it and it turns out no townies are VB'd.

So riddle me this mentos, how exactly does having the VBer claim tell us whether or not he is scum or town aligned? Like I have no idea how you figured that having someone claim VB would somehow reveal to us whether or not he was scum. That's like the dumbest thing of all time. Plus, you make it sound like if we knew who the MAFIA VOTEBLOCKER IS ASSUMING HE IS MAFIA, we would leave him alive and hope to control him or some ****? Oh wait a minute, if we knew someone was MAFIA VOTEBLOCKER jeez, wouldn't it make more sense to ****ING LYNCH HIM?!

Like dude your post is so full of **** I don't even know what you were thinking when you posted it. Hoping you're just scum and not thinking at all.

Basically I'm completely against mass claiming at this point (which pretty much everyone else seems to be so thats ok) and I'm completely behind Sue on the whole "no real voting until we proxy decide who to lynch first". Voteblocker should DEFINITELY not claim if they are town.

I lol'd at Chaco saying I'm playing differently from the "normal uniform frozen." What is that even supposed to mean lol?

Yeah I'm completely ok with Chaco or mentos dying today. Anyone else think that someone is a significantly better play or should we begin narrowing between these two?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why laugh at it, Frozen? Nothing else to say in regards to it?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
No I don't have anything else to say with regards to it because it's a baseless accusation with no substantiation or explanation.

That plus I find it laughable that all you have to say when it comes to explaining why you think I'm scum is some half meta half gut stance.

If you want me to comment more on it try explaining your meta. I'll laugh even harder once I'm done piledriving your ****ty meta case into the ground like I did to Cello in Newbie 3.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
[0] Sue
[0] Chaco
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Omis
[0] Junglefever
[0] frozenflame751
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, Chaco, mentosman8, Nix, Omis, Junglefever, frozenflame, SummonerAU

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Tuesday, October 12, Noon EST.[/B]

If deadline hits and no majority is reached, there will be no lynch.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen, I'm boggled by your post too. I didn't say a ****ed thing about the voteblocker claiming making them town. Honestly at the onset of the game I thought you were town, but that has to be at least the third time I remember where you've either put words in my mouth(now) or taken something and put it in a way that sounded terrible even with it being clear that wasn't the purpose.

Basically if the VBer is town we DO NOT WANT HIM TO CLAIM because by being able to shut down mafia votes, he can extend the life of the town by preventing mafia from being able to vote at or above parity. Every night, the town VBer should either VB someone he is pretty **** sure is town, or just not VB. This creates a WIFOM scenario for the mafia, since they will ONLY know if the VBer VB'd someone IF he hits a mafiat. There is no way for them to know if he just chose not to VB anyone if none of them get him.
This paragraph is terrible and the worst logic I've seen this game. How can a voteblocker extend the life of town at all, like really, you've played enough mafia to know how stupid that is. Mafia wins at parity, so unless you think that Tom will run this where voteblocked doesn't count toward parity, that's obviously not gonna help. Not to mention we know Sue was voteblocked yesterday, and we still needed 6 to lynch with 10 alive, so we KNOW this doesn't affect voting amounts. So you tell me: How can a voteblocker extend life of town if mafia endgames at parity anyway, and even if they don't town wouldn't have the votes to lynch?

You then say that the voteblocker should block someone they think is town? Could easily be an idiotic typo, but could also be a slip. Also, why would you encourage the voteblocker to block when one misplaced block ruins town's chances?

Long story short, your post was lackluster and made comments that are just stupid logically. Not the townie FF I know.

Regardless, it's MYLO. I think we take this thing to LYLO since no one is willing to get all the info out there and another player down means a little less chance of error. With that, and if you don't like it you're gonna have to deal with it,

Vote: No Lynch

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos, what in the world to we learn by having the VBer claim that is imporant information that we cant learn without him claiming?

Seriously you have not provided us with any reason for the VBer to claim at all.

You said that we want to know who HAS BEEN ROLEBLOCKED. You don't need the VBer to claim for that, you just have the PEOPLE WHO WERE VB'd claim that they WERE VB'd.

Since we likely don't have a vig in this game then the vote blocker can't extend the life of town at or above parity (since accurately VBing scum prevents them from being able to assume the majority and control the lynch thus winning the game, which makes the game resolve based on forced no lynches with even numbers of votes on each side and the resultant night actions). So yeah, in this game what I said about extending life at parity is wrong.

However everything I said about preventing full strength alpha strikes is correct, and if we go with Sue's vote policy for the rest of the game we can PREVENT THE SCUM FROM FORCING NO LYNCHES, by all agreeing to a lynch and then voting in a set order to force the scum to vote our way unless they want to reveal themselves as scum.

Call my post lackluster and illogical all you want but I know you're bull****ting since you have literally no substantiation there at all.

But yeah, I'd love to hear from you what unique and distinct information and advantages we gain from the VBer claiming. That is, if that stance isn't just utter scum crock.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen, that entire post was literally based on a premise of a statement I have never made. Unless you count the fact that I'm for a mass claim as wanting the voteblocker to claim in particular? Seriously, you should stop putting words in my mouth, it's unbecoming. I have never presented a reason for the voteblocker to claim, because I don't want the voteblocker to claim with exception of if it happened in a mass claim, which I HAVE given reasons for.

Your third paragraph, don't know what's up with the who has been roleblocked, seeing as I don't believe we've had indication of a roleblocker yet. The part about not needing the voteblocker to claim for the voteblocked to claim is... Well, really, a point that I have never contested>_>

Also the way you describe that vote thing makes it sound a lot worse than I considered it at first. "voting in a set order" are you serious? "Let's set the vote patterns so there's absolutely nothing to gain from them." Talking about the lynch before people vote is all fine and dandy, but setting the vote order is like taking out one of the difficulties for scum.

Now, if you could please tell me where I said I wanted the voteblocker to come forward in particular, because really, you won't be able to, or explain why you attached a stance to my name that I have never taken.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
will be V/LA from tomorrow for 3-4 days. It's 22:38 Australian DST (GMT+11) just in case. I will be making as much of an effort to post at least during those times, but just in case, do people want me to dump my vote now because I probably won't change my mind on who needs to die today. party weekend woo

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
In my third paragraph I meant to say "who has been voteblocked" not roleblocked.

This is where I thought you asked for a voteblocker claim:

mentos said:
Interestingly dramatic response for the second time in the game Frozen. You yourself have made a point of questioning the surety of the voteblocker being town. If you aren't sure the voteblocker is town, why would you be so against the voteblocked claiming?
Basically you begin by talking about the voteblocker's alignment not being determinable, and then with little explanation of the connection switch to talking about the voteblocked, not the voteblocker.

The paragraph contextually suggests the voteblocker being the main theme and thus I misread "voteblocked claiming" as "the voteblocker claiming".

If you're going to segue like that next time you should try filling in the gaps a bit more first so the transition is recognizable contextually and not just a jump. Better phrasing would help to especially when dealing with such similar words.

Considering it is probably more fitting to say something along the lines of "those who have been voteblocked" versus "the voteblocked", this isn't an exceptionally difficult mistake to make.

With that said though, it was a mistake and so yeah, you didn't call for a solo VBer claim. So all that can be dropped.

Anyway, you clearly don't understand the concept of Sue's idea.

No one votes until we proxy decided who the play is. Then we vote in order to FORCE people to commit to the lynch we decide on. This is what will force the mafia to vote and thus not stall out the game. If we vote in order, the mafia has NO wiggle room to **** around and not vote when it comes time to act on what we've decided on. This FORCES scum to act with the town unless they decide they want to reveal themselves by not cooperating. How is that so hard to understand?

And wtf do you mean by "it takes out one of the difficulties for the scum"? Seriously though I have no idea what you're talking about, you can't just say **** like that and not explain what you mean.

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
Nominate: Mentos

Yeah that's all I need to see. Do not support a No Lynch at all today, it's what we want to avoid. Picking off a player via No Lynch-->Scum NK is alright in normal MYLO situations, but we have a unconfirmed alignment voteblocker; staying in MYLO is better as long as said role is alive. Whether the voteblocker is anti-town or town (who could be overly cocky about their reads and still use it), it's much better to negate the effect they could have in a LYLO situation by keeping it at MYLO. You voting no lynch means you can die.

Everyone else use the 'nominate' system for now to throw your pseudo-votes. Once a majority is reached (which better be for mentos); I will cast the first vote. Why? Because I've already been confirmed vote-blocked from yesterday when my vote did not occur on the vote count and Summoner's vote being the one that hammered Rockin. I propose we either make our a voting order or do popcorn voting. I prefer popcorn because it forces people to make a connection that can be easily traced back to them. Thus people would say 'vote: x; y go next'. Anyone trying to popcorn to the lynch candidate with some clever 'vote yourself' would be stalling on making a choice; don't think we're going to let you do that.

1. frozenflame751
Playing to his town meta in his annoyance to Chaco's poor accusations against him. See: any game someone attacks town-frozen with bad reasoning (mainly Newbie 3 though).
2. Chaco
When asked who the play is he says mentos & frozen and gives shoddy reasoning for frozen in that post with no mention of mentos. Looks like an attempt to tack his buddy scumtos on there without being fully behind it. Although he's not actually behind anything, just being abrasive to anyone who interacts with him in any way and strolling along with gut reads and made up meta (uniform frozen play? I know you've played with scum-frozen before & you've probably played with town frozen too; the only real reason I ever had a problem with frozen was his awful mentor choices [seriously frozen I dunno if I can ever accept that awful list you gave then]).
3. mentosman8
Is scum & can die.
4. SummonerAU
Your #930 reeks. You attack mentos for everything that Sue did as well with no mention of Sue at all. You essentially ignored us as if we are clear; when in reality it's probably only from your point of view because you are scum with mentos. I'm pretty sure others parroted you after this as well, which sadly means nothing because town parrots all the **** time and this is not a strong endgame team so it's expected. You aren't going to convince me you're town when you're ^5ing Omis and the reason you are not scum is 'faaaaaaark'.
6. Junglefever
You haven't actually reread. Don't worry, you don't have to nor do I think you actually will. That's alright. Why do I know you aren't actually reading? Chaco said he thought mentos/frozen were scum and gave his shoddy reasoning for frozen-scum. Then he was asked what about mentos. Then gave his shoddy mentos-scum reasoning. Then you asked what about frozen. Don't try to pay attention anymore, just make whoever you feel is most town a DV for the rest of the game except 3-man LYLO.
7. Nix2100
Clear. The only time this will need to ever be re-evaluated is if we go into a 3-man LYLO situation in which case you could look into the possibility of Nix being a Godfather who was recruited into the Cult. His play still matches town though, so it's doubtful that that would be the case.
8. Omis
Yeah you've pretty much be ultra-parrot today, but that's your town meta. I feel Omni was just looking for the chance to say you were clear for the first reason he could, which was you reading an old thread. I've seen Omni say that to people before, and eventually he'll let go of their hand after a day or so. He would never give anymore reasoning on you and essentially ignored that subject. I'll just assume his role cleared you. Because we already know you're just going to be following people anyway, see what I said to Jungle about making someone a DV.

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
Nominate mentos with me then.

deadline: 94 hours away and counting w/ frozen & summoner claiming V/LA & it being the start of a weekend

Top Bottom