• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/15/19/24/27/32/33/34] FF7: Mafia Remix | Game over, Mafia Wins!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Welcome to FF7 Mafia: Remix, a large themed game based on the Compilation of the Final Fantasy VII series. This game’s theme is based only on not the original PlayStation game, but its entire universe, including but not limited to Before Crisis, Crisis Core, FFVII, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus.

This game is a remix of my previous setup, FF7 Mafia. This game shares the same theme, with altered flavor and altered roles. It is not a simple re-roll - many roles have been omitted, many have been changed, and many that I wanted to include earlier but could not have been added.

This game is for 15 players. As planned and earlier announced, I have sent invitations to everyone who played the first game to play in this one, and I have extended a couple invitations to other players to play if the game does not fill. Please note that, as always, I still worship the Random Number Generator and I am not picking and choosing to give any specific roles to any specific players.

Rules:
  1. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players.
  2. No revealing a mod PM, or faking a revealed mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial revealing. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
  3. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  4. All votes must be bolded. Unvoting is not necessary before revoting.
  5. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
  6. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If deadline hits, there will be a no lynch.
  7. Once you are dead, you are allowed one "bah" post.
  8. There will be no deadline extensions unless specifically granted by the mod. Days will last 12 days or until a lynch approximately; Nights will last 3 days approximately. I may add to this in order to prevent deadlines from occurring on the weekends. There will be no night acceleration unless requested by all living players, regardless of whether they have a Night action or not.
  9. All deadlines will be written using a 24 hour clock (ex. 4 pm will be written as 16:00). Furthermore all times will be Eastern Standard time.
  10. You must post at least once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Three prods will result in a forced replacement. If there are no replacements, you will be modkilled.
  11. Modkill will end day if you are town-aligned. Strategic mod-killing is a legitimate strategy and will be allowed, though compromising slots that are not your own may result in forced replacements/additional modkills.
  12. Do not type in Gold unless you are addressing the moderator.

Sample Role PMs:
Sample said:

“So, what kind of relationship do you and Tifa have?”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, playername. You are Johnny, childhood friend of Tifa and one-time friend of Cloud. You are the token minor character. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:
You have no active abilities.

Passive Abilities:
You have no passive abilities.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Alive:
  1. J (replaced Chaco day 5)
  2. mentosman8
  3. Sue (replaced Xiivi Day 1)
  4. Junglefever
  5. Nix2100
  6. Scamp (replaced Omis Night 4)

Returned to the Lifestream:
  • NPC, Aerith Gainsborough (town doctor) killed pre-game.
  • NPC, Sephiroth, (mafia leader) killed pre-game.
  • ChiboSempai, Elena (independent permanent mentee) lynched Day 1.
  • Gheb_01, Cloud Strife (town cop) killed Night 1.
  • KevinM, Tseng (independent permanent mentor) lynched Day 2.
  • Dr. Riddler, Barret Wallace (town recruiting mason) killed Night 2.
  • Chuckie, Genesis Rhapsodos (unknown role, unknown alignment) killed Night 2.
  • Rockin, Marlene Wallace (vanilla townie) lynched Day 3.
  • Omni, Caith Sith (town psychic) killed Night 3.
  • Frozenflame751, Yuffie Kisaragi (town-to-independent marker) kill Night 4.
  • Summoner AU, Red XIII (Vanilla Townie) modkilled day 5.

Events:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVLA2-o6VOM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVLA2-o6VOM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Her eyes are closed. She kneels at the altar and prays for the future of the planet. With the gift from her mother, she knows that she can summon Holy and stop him. Someone approaches. She opens her eyes to find her dear friend, and she smiles. Her friend screams.

She looks down to find the masamune through her heart.

NPC, Aerith Gainsborough, town doctor, has died.

Cloud opens his eyes. Memories flood his mind, and adrenaline rushes. This is not the first time he has been impaled by Sephiroth. It will be the last. He pulls himself off the sword and charges once more. As the fight continues, Cloud summons the rest of his strength and leaps into the air - Omnislash.

“Stay where you belong: in my memories.”

“I will never be... a mere memory.”

NPC, Sephiroth, mafia leader, has died.

Day 1 begins.

Vote Count:
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Gheb_01
[0] KevinM
[0] Chaco
[0] Rockin
[0] mentosman8
[0] Omni
[0] SummonerAU
[0] Xiivi
[0] Junglefever
[0] Dr. Riddler
[0] Nix2100
[0] Omis
[0] ChiboSempai
[0] Chuckie

[15] Not Voting: frozenflame751, Gheb_01, KevinM, Chaco, Rockin, mentosman8, Omni, SummonerAU, Xiivi, Junglefever, Dr. Riddler, Nix2100, Omis, ChiboSempai, Chuckie

Last Post:
0-24hr:
25-48hr:
Inactive:

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, September 8th, Noon EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
"The last thoughts of Geostigma's death... those remnants will join the lifestream and girdle the planet; choking it; corroding it. What I want, Cloud, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel. Just as Mother did long ago. Then one day we'll find a new planet and on it's soil we'll create a shining future."

Vote Count:
[1] Gheb_01: Xiivi
[0] frozenflame751
[0] KevinM
[0] Chaco
[0] Rockin
[0] mentosman8
[0] Omni
[0] SummonerAU
[0] Xiivi
[0] Junglefever
[0] Dr. Riddler
[0] Nix2100
[0] Omis
[0] ChiboSempai
[0] Chuckie

[14] Not Voting: frozenflame751, Gheb_01, KevinM, Chaco, Rockin, mentosman8, Omni, SummonerAU, Junglefever, Dr. Riddler, Nix2100, Omis, ChiboSempai, Chuckie

Last Post:
0-24hr: Xiivi
25-48hr:
Inactive:

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, September 8th, Noon EST.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow i didnt even notice xiivi was in this game, truly a rare treat

so ready for this, the flavor is already giving me chills, i love ff7

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Xiivi, how haven't you worked out who's scum yet? You didn't need this much time in the newbie game you played in. Mad scummy imo

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Vote: Chuckie

I don't know who you are ^_^ So you get my vote! Don't you feel special?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
god, i love this game. and this song... ugh...

there's no way i see the screen clearly with all these tears in my eyes

:sob:<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxRIxovS7nQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxRIxovS7nQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Vote: Omis

I'm pretty sure Strike man does in fact live in a football stadium. I dunno though.

Omni

BRoomer
what an old school cast. ff7 music plus familiar faces = nostalgia. ok lets get started

Vote: FrozenFlame

@Nix1200 & SummonerAU: hi. i dont know you two too well. we've might've played in a game with each other but i forget. how long have you been playing mafia? how many games have you played in DG's? and if you were scum which players in this game would you choose as your scum partners?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Wheee...We played in one or two games...can't remember which ones exactly though =S Lets see...been playing mafia for about 2 years now probably? give or take. Games in DG uhm..I want to say at least 6 so far....could be a couple more then that but I doubt it.

As for scum partners =P Probably...Xiivi and Marshy (Ignore the fact Marshy isn't in here >_>) or Rockin! =P

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, what statement. Taking the old setup's most independent, unique, and powerful role and tossing it into the dead NPC bin. Tom really has worked his magic by creating a flavor heavy setup with variable builds that are meta-proof. I'm quite impressed.

This game will be sick.

what an old school cast. ff7 music plus familiar faces = nostalgia. ok lets get started

Vote: FrozenFlame

@Nix1200 & SummonerAU: hi. i dont know you two too well. we've might've played in a game with each other but i forget. how long have you been playing mafia? how many games have you played in DG's? and if you were scum which players in this game would you choose as your scum partners?
Vote: Omni

OMGUS + I absolutely despise the question in bold.

Omni

BRoomer
hey, what can i say? your inactivity sucks. perfect place to keep my vote parked for now because "oh my gosh you suck". go figure. interesting that the two top players in DG Mafia who i wanted to lynch for inactivity was scum. so if keeping my vote on you will put some pep in your step consider it done

you also despised that question in bold in DG Mafia as scum. let's not use preference of how one chooses to exit the RVS stage as added justification for an already iffy vote

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol it's funny that you think that your vote on me will put pep in my step considering that it was on me for pretty much all of Dgames mafia and it didn't exactly do much in terms of bolstering my activity. Funny how that works, ya know, my activity not having any connection to my alignment.

You'll soon notice that me only being in one game does however, have a direct relationship with my level of activity.

lol @ attempting to meta me because I still despise your stupid question. I wasn't questioning for preference. I was simply stating that its such a dumb, baity, WIFOM/meta laden question that I don't know why you ask it. There's no benefit for anyone in this game other than yourself to be gained from anyone's response to that question, because of its very nature. What kind of town wants to increase the prominence of WIFOM based interaction and connections in any mafia game?

Omni

BRoomer
if u dont like my questions, frozen, then ask a better one. i gain the info i want from my rvs questions and they help me going further. the way a person answers my questions is what im trying to gain; not the actual answers themselves. id hope that you would realize that was my intent for that question since any player they name doesn't create a connection nor the absence of a player being chosen create a disconnection

too early to go tit for tat with you. if you stay active i'll unvote accordingly just like i've done in the past.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Vote: Frozen

Guys I SWEAR I'm not bussing Frozen and buddying Omni this game too.

@Nix: Chuckie channels the spirit of Vand and Kat. And yes we are speeccciaalll.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
if u dont like my questions, frozen, then ask a better one.
That's easy.

@ Nix and Summoner: Do you think that Omni's question of "who would you want to be your scum partners" benefits anyone other than himself as far as information generation goes, and if so/not does that make it pro-town or anti-town.

Actually, anyone and everyone can answer that.

i gain the info i want from my rvs questions and they help me going further. the way a person answers my questions is what im trying to gain; not the actual answers themselves. id hope that you would realize that was my intent for that question since any player they name doesn't create a connection nor the absence of a player being chosen create a disconnection

too early to go tit for tat with you. if you stay active i'll unvote accordingly just like i've done in the past.
Yeah, the info that YOU want. That's why I said the questions were baity. You've obviously got some sort of idea you'll be using to analyze the responses to your WIFOM laden question and no one else will be able to reliably understand or draw similar conclusions to you.

wtfamireading.jpg @ the bold. How many different ways can someone list their top picks for scum mates? I can't think of many at all and the distinctions between them are hardly anything one could analyze to dig at intent. Even if you meant the way people answer the "why" followup to their picks which you didn't prompt anyone to post yet, you still run into the trouble of the nasty WIFOM and of course, non publicity of your personal standard for comparison when it comes to breaking down those whys.

So yeah, it's a dumb question and I'd like to prevent early D1 discussion from being about who people would want/not want to be scum with, in favor of something that would allow for better connections to develop.

Omni

BRoomer
i disagree that it's a dumb question and i don't see a problem with people attempting to derive their own information and reads from a game. last point of the question is to get out of the rvs stage. you only run into "nasty WIFOM" if u try to make connections from their answers.

and why would u ask if my play is anti or pro town? ive been asking these same series of questions as both town and scum. it's a null tell so it's even worse to bring people in to give their opinion on it.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Omni: Xiivi because he's a cool cat and KevinM because I haven't seen him lynched as scum yet. Why do you ask that final question in particular? Why not something else?

Frozen: It isn't helping or hurting anyone except Omni.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
i disagree that it's a dumb question and i don't see a problem with people attempting to derive their own information and reads from a game. last point of the question is to get out of the rvs stage. you only run into "nasty WIFOM" if u try to make connections from their answers.

and why would u ask if my play is anti or pro town? ive been asking these same series of questions as both town and scum. it's a null tell so it's even worse to bring people in to give their opinion on it.
In the first paragraph you literally say that you don't see a problem with people attempting to derive their own information and reads from the question you are posing (which is what you are logically referring to when you say "a game") but then in the very same paragraph you admit that attempting to derive info from the very same questions lands you in "nasty WIFOM".

How do you not see the problem? You posit a question that only allows WIFOM ridden deductions to be drawn from the answers. Herp derp.

I never said I had a problem with people deriving information on their own from questions and related responses generated by other players. That's freaking mafia basics. I DO have a problem with people generating ****ty questions that serve only as personal bait questions or involve heavy WIFOM and then claiming that no matter how ****ty the question is, it's justified under the blanket assumption of a priori goodness if it in any way shape or form has to deal with getting out of RVS.

lmao @ saying it's useless to ask people if your question is pro or anti town just because you've asked the question as both town and scum. I wasn't asking anyone to tell me what alignment the pro-town or antitownness of the question suggests you are. I asked for analysis on JUST THE QUESTION and how it qualifies as pro-or anti town.

How that might apply to your alignment is a whole different story to which your meta claim here might be applicable. It's beside the point though. Bottom line is your previous alignments that are coupled with you asking this question don't have anything to do with analysis of whether or not the question itself is pro or anti town.

@ Summoner: Why do you think Omni's question can only hurt him, and not other players?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
People asking silly questions happens all the time in RVS so one more that 'might' help Omni in some way isn't going to hurt town. It'll only hurt other players if they decide to do something silly with it. Which means they're silly anyway.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Frozen: You're overlooking the fact that Omni will likely take the answers with a grain of salt. The moment is kind of "lost" now that you two are arguing over it, but I actually believe that 'baiting' can be a useful tool in RVS, even if it does nothing but generate discussion.

If Omni was trying to lead a wagon on someone based off a WIFOM rich answer, then that'd be bad... but I don't see that here.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Chuckie, what do you normally do to get the game out of RVS? Have you seen anything that stands out to you yet?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I still think it'd be better if Omni just drops it.

On the one hand his idea seems to be drawing info from the way people respond to his questions. On the other hand he makes it ridiculously easy for Frozen to respond in a pro-town manner, which makes his whole approach hardly credible. Why so inconsistent?

Vote Mentosman

:059:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Let's get to page 2 already so I don't have mad slow net when I open this page :D

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
I don't follow a formula per se, I usually just watch for things as they happen. Sometimes I'l try and start a wagon or tunnel someone, or just sit back and try and understand the other players.

So far I see Frozen has opened the day quite differently to how he did in Dgames (as scum). He's more willing to pick an argument and start things then he was there. But it's early on, and I'd expect him to mix up how he plays, so we'll see.

Omni doing his thing as well.

Omni

BRoomer
I still think it'd be better if Omni just drops it.

On the one hand his idea seems to be drawing info from the way people respond to his questions. On the other hand he makes it ridiculously easy for Frozen to respond in a pro-town manner, which makes his whole approach hardly credible. Why so inconsistent
huh @ second paragraph?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Omni, now that both myself and Nix have replied, what did you learn from the way we answered the questions?

Omni

BRoomer
Omni, now that both myself and Nix have replied, what did you learn from the way we answered the questions?
that you skim questions and don't answer them all the way

also, the point of the question was pretty much eradicated with frozen's jump in. i explained why i ask the questions and the intent behind it so whatever meaning it had when you answered it was null

but if i do get to hear how long you've been playing i can distinguish whether or not to treat things that you say dumb or scum

also, the responses i get from the last question bring up interesting answers. last game, one of the players said they'd want me as their scum buddy and their reasoning was a bit strange. some refuse to answer at all. some ignore it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
huh @ second paragraph?
You say you want to gain information on players based on the way they respond to you. Looking at your exchange with Frozen I don't see how this is the case at all. Everything you accuse him of is so laughably easy to respond to in a pro-town fashion, that I'm more concerned with the way you pose your questions than how people respond to them.

Omni

BRoomer
im not sure what you mean still. i've explained how i gain information on players based on how they respond. if you agree with Frozen that's fine but it's still the case and point.

besides his inactivity did i accuse him of something else?

i guess what i think you're saying is that i might be posing the questions in a way where it should be easily refutable in a pro-town like manner thus... you're concerned that i'm trying to give Frozen a pro-town lyke clear? is this the case?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. If there's a player I would try to get information out of Frozen would be the first in line.

Omni

BRoomer
well I didn't phrase the question in a way to derive that kind of response from Frozen. I don't think it makes him pro or anti town either.

but yea I wasnt putting any more thought behind my questions then what I already explained

unvote

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter how long I've been playing, I'm still bad at mafia Omni ;P I didn't answer because I don't really know how many games I've been in/when I started playing mafia :|

Top Bottom