• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1/15/19/24/27/32/33/34] FF7: Mafia Remix | Game over, Mafia Wins!

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Bit more worried about my 3 tests that I have today then this game atm <_< Not like I had anything substantial before anyway

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I want to see a post from chaco, otherwise...he can still go....for that matter

Vote: Chaco

let's get this game rolling again!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now that that's out of the way, on to Summoner's questions. First of all, I didn't voteblock anyone yesterday, as I made pretty obvious. Mylo ain't the time to go voteblocking people. I roleblocked Frozen that night.

3 suspects huh? Sue I'm feeling a lot better about after getting the glimpses of insight into Tiger/Xiivi's conversations. Nix is still the claim of Mac's mason partner, so I'm not thinking he's the play today, specially since his play isn't anything outside standard Nix town play. I'm me. This leaves me with 4 people I'm considering. Chaco, Jungle, Summoner, and Scamp. Out of those 4, Chaco and Jungle are higher up on my priority list, and can't decide between the other two. Scompis has Omni's praise as being townie, but I never really felt that came from the most solid reasoning. Summoner I've just never been particularly solid on read-wise in the game, and the extended break from the game didn't help make the decision easier.

Regardless, I'm still willing to lynch Chaco (again) today, and probably Jungle tomorrow. The only reason I don't want Nix voting, even though I think Chaco is scum, is it's a risk to put the vote down before he's even had a chance to comment.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
About 3/4ths of the way through reading this game. This is taking way longer than I expected.

I estimate that I will be jumping into this game (with a fury!!!) either tomorrow or friday.

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
Attn: Everybody

I suggest we continue with the noimnation thing... that way we can prevent the mafia from gang-banging one of us. So nix feel free to nominate, but don't vote

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Attn: Everybody

I suggest we continue with the noimnation thing... that way we can prevent the mafia from gang-banging one of us. So nix feel free to nominate, but don't vote
This. I'm thinking Chaco's my lynch choice, and that probably won't change, but no reason to risk it this early in the day in what is very likely lylo.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
you roleblocked frozen, really? really? Like, how are you even still alive

UnvoteI'm unvoting until Chaco's next post. Not letting this stall out out again :|

Nix, who do you like better out of Scamp and Junglefever? Why?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I got nothing on scamp and i didn't have much on Omis since he barely posted more then chaco so I'll get back to you onto that one =P

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vote Count 2:
[0] Sue
[0] Chaco
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Scamp
[0] Junglefever
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, Chaco, mentosman8, Nix, Scamp, Junglefever, SummonerAU

With 7 players left, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 begins, a deadline is set for November 7th 2010, 04:00 EST

24-48:

Inactive:

Chaco

Chaco has been prodded

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
According to prod rules, Chaco should either be replaced or modkilled. Tom's posts #450 and #700 contain the first two prods

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh Mentos just lied. I was roleblocked last night.

Top 2 Scum:

jungle and Mentos

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
So if that was Chaco's third prod is he getting mod killed?

and if not then Chaco....your gonna have to give us a bit more....just saying "I Was Roleblocked" doesn't help much other then soft-claiming a PR

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos, did I mention I'm really looking forward to hearing who you voteblocked yesterday?
Uh Mentos just lied. I was roleblocked last night.

Top 2 Scum:

jungle and Mentos
Emphasis mine. Yesterday does night mean who got blocked N4/D5, it means who was blocked N3/D4. Yeah, you were roleblocked last night, but that has nothing to do with the question I was responding to NOR my answer. Thanks for trying to call me out for lying when the comments were about an entirely different night though. Your scum is showing.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Whole Mentos-Chaco exchange seems way off to me.

Mentos, why did you pick Frozen to be roleblocked? Why didn't you pick the other players in the game? What are your thoughts on me pointing out Chaco's 3 prods? Please answer this before Adumbrodeus posts anything.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I picked Frozen because his play seemed different D3 than it had earlier. Early on I had him as townie hands down, but by the end of D3 something was so different I felt that either something was different(recruitment and/or as the flip showed different kind of a alignment shift), and that either way a roleblock on him would be a good pick.

You mentioning the prods is a very good thing IMO. If rules are followed and he's modkilled, and him being my top lynch choice right now, chances are he flips scum and we get 2 lynches today, which potentially nets us 2 scum and lets us go to tomorrow 3v1, a very, very good position for town.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
That's odd. I thought I submitted a reply but apparently not.

Quick recap. I finished reading but decided to take a long nap before going to a halloween party. I will write out my opinions on every living player tomorrow. In the meantime if anyone has any more questions they'd like me to answer or even anything about Omis' play they'd like me to address I'd love to hear it.

Also I said that I'm relatively certain that the reason that Frozen turned into an independent is that he was recruited by Kevin on night 1.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Yea...mentos claims he roleblocked Kevin that night so saying otherwise would be calling mentos scum and chaco town roughly....

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just because I think Mentos isn't telling the truth doesn't mean I think that Chaco is town. My gut instinct is that Chaco is either town or independent, but nearly everything about his play makes me think he's scum. More on that later.

So let's just go down the list from the OP.

1. frozenflame751: Dead, so no need to speculate here. Was a good choice for scum to kill, though, since he's the only one who was getting any conversation going after Omni died. Too bad he got sidetracked by Mentos much.

2. Chaco: My guess is he's a one-shot vig. Either that or he's scum. It doesn't really matter though because he'll probably be modkilled since it's blatantly obvious he hasn't given a crap about this game for a long time now.

3. mentosman8: Has generally been lax on taking a solid stance except when it comes to discussing meta and/or possible mechanics in the game. Bring up those topics and he's more than happy to talk your ear off about all sorts of possibilities and what does what, all of which leads to massive texts and nothing accomplished in the way of hunting scum. Also constantly hides information intentionally as if afraid of something. Really hated the no lynch suggestion, too.

4. SummonerAU: Hard to read because he just kind of picks away with questions which, while keeping him active, hasn't really accomplished anything. I find it interesting that people tend to list him in the very active section while never really being too critical of him. Omni and Frozen were criticized constantly, why is SAU getting a pass? In any event, my gut tells me that his questions are genuinely trying to be helpful, so I'll just say that we need more from you.

5. Sue (replaced Xiivi Day 1): Also very hard to read since he(s) played very similar to SAU but with even LESS content. I really did like the hammer play on Rockin' and the comments that ARE made usually seem to be good for the town. We just need a lot more from you.

6. Junglefever: Not really sure why you're still alive or why you haven't been pressured more. Remember how Omni said to think about who you'd want to go to LYLO with? Jungle isn't it. I don't think he's had an original thought for the whole game, and he's mostly been picking off of others. If he is town then he's been that guy that's just sort of hanging around and going with the group.

7. Nix2100: I know why you're still alive but you've been less helpful than Junglefever. See 8.

8. Scamp (replaced Omis Night 4): I really don't like how I've been able to just be in the game mostly because Omni likes me. While a few people have shown a little concern absolutely no one has really tried to get any good information out of me. Why in the world would you let something like this happen? A confirmed townie is supposed to be a position of power, not a position of let's just hang around now.

So, here's my current tl;dr list.

High: Mentos, Jungle.
Mid: Sue, Summoner, Chaco
Low: Nix

Now, here's what I want to know from EVERYBODY.

1: Who would your vote be for tonight other than Chaco?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Mentos, but I would prefer to do it closer to deadline to make Junglefever post to avoid prods. Mentos hasn't been counterclaimed but he's still hell scummy. I think he's probably scum whateverhisroleiscalled (pretty much what Sue said) so I think it would be better to get rid of him.

Scamp, what did you think of Mentos' mass claim idea yesterday? Could you answer your own question? Why do you think Chaco being a one-shot vig is more likely than being scum?
A confirmed townie is supposed to be a position of power, not a position of let's just hang around now.
Where did this come from? I missed the 'Omis/Scamp is confirmed town' memo.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think a mass claim at this point in the game is a good play in general for the town, but for this specific game it is not a good idea. There hasn't really been anything unusual to speak of other than Chuckie's info being completely hidden. The only other notable occurances is someone being voteblocked and two people dying one night. One has been explained and the other has been looked into and no one has fessed up. Because of all this, I don't see what information will be gained by mass claiming.

I thought the answer to my own question was obvious with my tl;dr tier list.

Chaco has pretty much been a **** the last two days or so. I really think someone has a killing role out there and used it night two. I think if that is the case Chaco is the most likely to be the one who had (or has) it. Maybe he just blew his wad and stopped caring. But as I said, it's really a gut feeling as he has pretty much been a **** recently and I'd like to see him die just on general principle. But as far as the best play goes I don't think he's it. However, I will say that this might be the most likely thing I've gotten wrong.

Perhaps I should clarify the Omis/Scamp is confirmed townie thing. It was sort of a mash up between Nix who's basically confirmed townie and Omis who'd been given a pass as a confirmed townie by Omni and everyone else seemed to act like this was the case. I wrote it out under my name so I can see how it could be confusing and I should have made it more clear.

Anyway, the point was more that Nix and Omis have done jack squat when they should have been leading the town.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vote Count 3:
[0] Sue
[0] Chaco
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Scamp
[0] Junglefever
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, Chaco, mentosman8, Nix, Scamp, Junglefever, SummonerAU

24-48
Sue, mentosman8

inactive
Junglefever, Chaco

Junglefever will be prodded, Chaco will be force replaced.

Sue

TigerWoods|Xiivi
@Scamp

Tiger: Speaking

Probably most of our faults but... I really don't know who to nail. The information is rather low at the moment. When Xiivi gets on I'm sure he has more to say than I do... he's a vet after all >.>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

J replaces Chaco

Vote Count 4 (for reference):
[0] Sue
[0] J
[0] mentosman8
[0] Nix2100
[0] Scamp
[0] Junglefever
[0] SummonerAU

[0] Not Voting: Sue, J, mentosman8, Nix, Scamp, Junglefever, SummonerAU

24-48
Sue, mentosman8

inactive
Junglefever

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Before you replaced Scamp, it was Omis. I still never fully understood why Omni was clearing Omis, unless i just don't understand his PR, but I wasn't going to assume anything about it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos, but I would prefer to do it closer to deadline to make Junglefever post to avoid prods. Mentos hasn't been counterclaimed but he's still hell scummy. I think he's probably scum whateverhisroleiscalled (pretty much what Sue said) so I think it would be better to get rid of him.

Scamp, what did you think of Mentos' mass claim idea yesterday? Could you answer your own question? Why do you think Chaco being a one-shot vig is more likely than being scum?
Where did this come from? I missed the 'Omis/Scamp is confirmed town' memo.
I never said to rush the lynch :) However, I know it's wifom, but unless you think we had a 2 man scumteam in a 15 man game this game would be over if I was scum. Your questions at the end I like in general though.

Just because I think Mentos isn't telling the truth doesn't mean I think that Chaco is town. My gut instinct is that Chaco is either town or independent, but nearly everything about his play makes me think he's scum. More on that later.

So let's just go down the list from the OP.

2. Chaco: My guess is he's a one-shot vig. Either that or he's scum. It doesn't really matter though because he'll probably be modkilled since it's blatantly obvious he hasn't given a crap about this game for a long time now.

3. mentosman8: Has generally been lax on taking a solid stance except when it comes to discussing meta and/or possible mechanics in the game. Bring up those topics and he's more than happy to talk your ear off about all sorts of possibilities and what does what, all of which leads to massive texts and nothing accomplished in the way of hunting scum. Also constantly hides information intentionally as if afraid of something. Really hated the no lynch suggestion, too.

4. SummonerAU: Hard to read because he just kind of picks away with questions which, while keeping him active, hasn't really accomplished anything. I find it interesting that people tend to list him in the very active section while never really being too critical of him. Omni and Frozen were criticized constantly, why is SAU getting a pass? In any event, my gut tells me that his questions are genuinely trying to be helpful, so I'll just say that we need more from you.

5. Sue (replaced Xiivi Day 1): Also very hard to read since he(s) played very similar to SAU but with even LESS content. I really did like the hammer play on Rockin' and the comments that ARE made usually seem to be good for the town. We just need a lot more from you.

6. Junglefever: Not really sure why you're still alive or why you haven't been pressured more. Remember how Omni said to think about who you'd want to go to LYLO with? Jungle isn't it. I don't think he's had an original thought for the whole game, and he's mostly been picking off of others. If he is town then he's been that guy that's just sort of hanging around and going with the group.

7. Nix2100: I know why you're still alive but you've been less helpful than Junglefever. See 8.

8. Scamp (replaced Omis Night 4): I really don't like how I've been able to just be in the game mostly because Omni likes me. While a few people have shown a little concern absolutely no one has really tried to get any good information out of me. Why in the world would you let something like this happen? A confirmed townie is supposed to be a position of power, not a position of let's just hang around now.

So, here's my current tl;dr list.

High: Mentos, Jungle.
Mid: Sue, Summoner, Chaco
Low: Nix

Now, here's what I want to know from EVERYBODY.

1: Who would your vote be for tonight other than Chaco?
So, you think that Frozen was a town version of a role that was independent in the past game, I lied about roleblocking Kevin, he recruited Frozen, then Frozen began to push extremely strongly discussion on who the mentor was leading ultimately to Kev's lynch is more likely than his role changing to indie after something, say the one kill the marker had in the past, and me telling the truth? Jumping through hoops there.

The comments on Chaco are stupid. He's town or independent(of which we've already had 3 flip, one of which was a possible recruiter), but not scum? I find this a very odd stance to take on one of the scummiest players left in the game. Not to mention, you say immediately after saying you think he's town or indy to saying he's scum? The first paragraph and your analysis of Chaco don't work too well together.

In case you didn't notice, a no lynch worked in our favor, removing an indy AND giving us another day with one less possibility to decide a lynch. Like the idea or not, I was right it wasn't a bad choice.

Rest of your analysis isn't bad, definitely agree on Jungle, would be the play if it isn't Chaco/replacement-J

Speaking of which, welcome to the game J, hope you get caught up quick because you've got a lot of ground to make up. Let us know your thoughts ASAP and I may be willing to hit Jungle over you today

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Jungle, do you have a preference now or not?

Mentos, it's not jumping through hoops. Frozen may have participated in the discussion of mentor but he didn't start it, and he constantly said that he didn't see Kevin as the mentor. He did end up voting for him toward the end of the day but since we don't know the full extent of mentees there are certain busing possibilities. Note the timing and inevitability of Kevin's lynch at that point. Doesn't this make sense?

When did I ever say Chaco was scum?

Also ends don't justify means. If a vigilante rolls a die to decide who to hit and hits scum night one, was that a good decision? It may have turned out to be a good play, but that doesn't make the decision a better one. In this case I'm not sure we are better off. Getting an indy is probably a good thing (sometimes an indy is beneficial to the town, though) but I don't think we're with less possibilities since I highly doubt anyone was going to lynch Frozen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Heya guys I will be replacing for Chaco! ;D Please give me some time to read and catchup just a bit. (a bit being like 1,000 posts of re-reading xD) I am home all day tomorrow so I will definetely have my thoughts on everything. I might even be able to post tonight. I gotta write some notes and get everything down that I wanna say.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Scamp it's hard to say when they both were replaced so late in this day. If i had to go on the preivious players play I believe I said before I'm still totally down for Chaco/J.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer

Really Scamp? First paragraph, bolded, everything about his play makes you think he's scum, as well as in your section on him saying or he's scum. Combine that with the Cyan sections, your gut tells you he's town or indy in the top post, but in the second post he's vig or scum. Pretty clear IMO.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
You've never played with me before Scamp...atleast I don't think so >_> I assure you...me attempting to take charge as a cleared townie would not of ended well at all......

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Actually Mentos, I think it's pretty clear. But the way I phrase things makes it not so clear, so let me clarify more. My gut consistently tells me that he's not scum. What I meant by the second paragraph that if he's not a one-shot vig then he's probably scum because my instincts will have no more reliability.

Consider it like playing against someone in poker who you think has you beat, but everything about his attitude and actions makes you want to believe that he's bluffing. I feel like that.

Nix I don't know if I've played with you since I haven't played in a while, but with that attitude you'll never be a good mafia player.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
That still leaves you going from town or independent to vig or scum in the same post, but I understand what you're getting at a bit better now.

Top Bottom