• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's new tier placing.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
We could say that this is what we all expected.

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

or

:metaknight:
Meta Knight
=

1. to 1.

:snake:
Snake
=

2. to 2.

:falco:
Falco
+ 2

5. to 3.

:dedede:
King Dedede

3. to 4.

:gw:
Mr. Game & Watch

4. to 5.

:marth:
Marth
+ 1

7. to 6.

:diddy:
Diddy Kong
+ 4

11. to 7.

:wario:
Wario
=

8. to 8.

:rob:
R.O.B.

6. to 9.

:lucario:
Lucario
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Olimar for 10/11th)

9. to 10./11.

:olimar:
Olimar
+ 7 / + 8 (ties with Lucario for 10/11th)

18. to 10./11.

:pikachu2:
Pikachu
=

12. to 12.

:kirby2:
Kirby
+ 1

14. to 13.

:dk2:
Donkey Kong

10. to 14.

:popo:
Ice Climbers

13. to 15.

:zerosuitsamus:
Zero Suit Samus
+ 5

21. to 16.

:toonlink:
Toon Link
=

17. to 17.

:pit:
Pit

15. to 18.

:peach:
Peach
+ 5

24. to 19.

:wolf:
Wolf

16. to 20.

:luigi2:
Luigi
+ 2

23. to 21.

:zelda:
Zelda

20. to 22.

:bowser2:
Bowser

22. to 23.

:fox:
Fox

19. to 24.

:shiek:
Sheik
+ 1

26 to 25

:ike:
Ike

25 to 26

:mario2:
Mario
+ 2

29. to 27.

:lucas:
Lucas
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Ness for 28/29th)

27. to 28./29.

:ness2:
Ness
= / -1 (ties with Lucas for 28/29th)

28. to 28./29.

:samus2:
Samus
+ 1

31. to 30.

:sonic:
Sonic
+ 2

33. to 31.

:pt:
Pokémon Trainer

30. to 32.

:yoshi2:
Yoshi

32. to 33.

:link2:
Link
+ 2

36. to 34.

:jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff

34. to 35.

:ganondorf:
Ganondorf

35. to 36.

:falcon:
Captain Falcon
=

37. to 37.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, we all knew Link was going to rise. Still bottom, but better than being 2nd-worst character in the game.

I wasn't expecting Jigglypuff to go down though.

D

Deleted member

I'm a G (tier?), you can't see me,
That must be, why you're talkin' (Shut your mouth *****)
I'm the ****, and you know,
It, never stops, there's no stoppin' (It don't stop *****z)

The Game summed up link with this song, Link's Da ****

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
NO!!! NO!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I WAS TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE LINK RISE TO BOTTOM PLACE ON ALL THE TIERS!!! NOOOOO!!!
*cries*

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
NO!!! NO!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I WAS TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE LINK RISE TO BOTTOM PLACE ON ALL THE TIERS!!! NOOOOO!!!
*cries*
Someone could be trying all they want, but Link's just to good to be bottom.

Jiggly and Ganon, either one of those two, should be bottom.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I wanted him to be in the next tier and I really think he deserves it, but it doesn't matter really. It won't affect how any of us perform with him.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
dam, now i have to worry about 2 more characters <.< now theres a greater cahnce of a no0b saying " LOLZ I BeAT ya with a character l0wer on da tier list"

lol jk jk like i would let a no0b trash talk me <.< >.>

DemonFart

Smash Lord
good news is you all are still better then falcon. congrats on moving up(no sarcasm) too bad wario didn't go up.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Sorry guys. I honestly truly believe Jigglypuff to be better than Link. Ganondorf as a maybe. Deva's just skewing your tournament results because there's no notable Jigglypuff mains.

I know full and well the maximum potential of Link as a character. And frankly- Link's incredibly limited. Deva's just absurdly good. It just proves what a good player can do with a poor competitive character.

I've never understood why people want their characters to go up in tier list incredibly badly. Accept your weaknesses (unless you truly believe the character is secretly better than people think) and learn to use your tools to overcome bad matchups regardless.

For example- my favorite two matchups with Peach are actually her worst and third worst matchups. I'd rather fight them than some even matchups. I just overcame my disadvantage. All Link mains can do that- Deva, Legan, and Izaw have proven it- and my point is not that Link is really bad and you're all wrong, but mainly, don't focus on viewing it as bad if he's low.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
at least he's better than ganondorf now.
that was embarrassing...
Hey, hey, don't insult the badass character of the game, and your games.

@Praxis: I'll have to disagree with you saying that Link's incredibly limited, as he's not.

Kief

Smash Ace
well i actually like that hes low lol. it gives me as excuse when i lose (jk)

i just wanted him to be better than the characters hes actually better than. especially ganondorf lol.

i mean its one thing to be worse than the basically younger form of yourself, and the princess you frequently save, but also the vilian you repeatedly kill?! at least thats one less b!+chslap to the face lol.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Ok, I haven't read any responses in this thread yet but I'm PISSED. I wanted Link to move to LAST on the list...not UP two. It's gonna make it slightly less gratifying when I **** someone with Link....it really will...

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
lol i agree with oddler, HOWEVER this at least proves people are "starting" to take link more seriously which ultimately makes me happy!!! There is only one way from here, and that is UP!! :)

D

Deleted member

jiggs is good but you have to have PERFECT DI, Ganon sucks and don't even try to lie to yourself idc who the hell you think you are. PT and yoshi should be below link

btw how is link limited when he has the most AT's in this game?

Deva

Smash Lord
lack of teh recoverizzzz

Btw, most of Link's AT's dont give him an advantage on anyone. He has good spacing, but as soon as your off the stage xD.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Deva's just skewing your tournament results because there's no notable Jigglypuff mains.
The tier list isn't solely based on tournament results, there are many other factors so it's stupid to say that one lone player is skewing a characters tier placement, especially when there are far more Link noobs (thanks to his fanboy status) that do horribly in tournaments.

I know full and well the maximum potential of Link as a character. And frankly- Link's incredibly limited.
lolol...stfu, now your just being arrogant. Don't come into our boards telling us what the potential and limitations of our main is. Seriously, what makes you think you have such insight into our character? "Oh, well one time I did an arrow cancel in training mode."

peach mains...the nerve...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Peach mains are awesome. >_>

And I have to agree with Praxis besides the Tourney results part.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm this list makes me a bit meh...I mean we all want Link to move up...but when he reaches high...I dunno but it just might make Link boring to use (like using Metaknight xD)
Being trash tier and winning against a high tier is just epic
Being...say mid tier and winning against a high tier is just.... T_T meh
But i doubt Link will get that high so yay Link! :laugh:

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Link's placement is more accurate imo (not quite there yet), still not sure about Falco being 3rd though (more like 4-5).

I guess what Praxis said about knowing Link's full potential has to do with him playing Deva regularily.

sasook

Smash Champion
Hmmm this list makes me a bit meh...I mean we all want Link to move up...but when he reaches high...I dunno but it just might make Link boring to use (like using Metaknight xD)
Being trash tier and winning against a high tier is just epic
Being...say mid tier and winning against a high tier is just.... T_T meh
But i doubt Link will get that high so yay Link! :laugh:
Thats the difference between us and the top tiers. Even if he were at the top....you're forgetting one thing. He's freakin' hard to use. That's the difference between Link and all those other top characters - Link takes 10 times the effort.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I keep hearing that OMG Links recovery sucks and if he gets off stage he gets automatically KOed/gimped 64 style, but I dont fully agree. Yes his recovery is not great good or ok but its not THAT bad. In your mm's Deva you where off the stage at certain times and you made it back safely and this is against the "best" player on the west coast using the "best" character in the game whose matchup with link is like -20 - over 9000.

If your using link you cannot let up because then you will get ***** no lies I kno what it feels like to be gimped early I WENT THROUGH IT T_T in my smash career. But with that I learned quickly that if you have very good DI and have a bomb ready and dont recover at stupid times then your chances of survival go up. Your recovery is still meh but its not >_>. Please note that some instances your screwed no matter what.

sasook

Smash Champion
Regarding Link's recovery, I think Legan may be correct to start using the zair grapple at super high percents. It's just.....really hard. :mad:

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
I find it easier to pull out the bomb while coming back, air dodge and the press your grab button. works for me everytime :)

.....unless you can see it coming and gimp :p

Top Bottom