• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so basically what you're saying is to get out there pretty fast. it seems like if i get to the point where you're timing your up-b there's not a whole lot i can do. the one thing i can think of (got it from sliq) is falling off with reverse fairs with ledge invincibility. i never seem to remember that mid-match =P

actually, i might now. i mean, i haven't played you in a while. only got one match in at my last smashfest.
yeah we should play more.
that game finished at like 0:54 seconds LOL.
more bairs kyle more bairs! :laugh:

Cia

das kwl
Well since i got nothing to do..

Which link player do u think is the best? (can be current or retired)

well, when i was new to the game, i played link cause i loved the series, but aniki was the player who really inspired me to play him more seriously. too bad that now he plays as samus :/

and of the current ones, im not pretty sure. Skler could be the best ;)
Skler is probably my favorite Link. Germ certainly plays flashy, but i'm pretty sure skler is smarter. and i <3 smart

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
anyone know the best way to projectile spam against fox and how to play fox in general? I'm playing some link and basically copying what I see link players do but I don't know enough ab0out what link can do. Turns out he's a pretty amazing char though

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Germ got me into link.
I was so amazed by his flashiness and combos.
Now i realize, it's only west coast DI that makes it possible ;)

Aniki i looked up to after germ, but he made me pretty mad when he changed his main, so i'm over him D:

Now it's skler, too good. =)

Spife

Smash Master
GERM's still my hero (I'm totally going to GENESIS just to get ***** by him). SKler would be my hero but I know him, so it's different, he's practically in my backyard in comparison...Not that I have skler chained up in my back yard to go out and play smash with when ever I want..that would be ridiculous................

But skler is mad mad mad good. I tried playing sheik against him once for practice and that was just a big mistake haha. BUT I BEAT HIM ONCE! THE SECRET TO BEATING SKLER IS PLAYING ABOUT 5 HOURS OF FRIENDLIES AND TALKING TO HIM A LOT! YEAAAAAAAAHYUZ.
Love,
Spife.

P.s. Every Link main should go to one tourny (big or small, all though small would be funny) and make a crew and a gang and just hang out and kill whities. Who's with me?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
While I was at IC3, I was talking to Big Boi and JTO (2 big name Soul Calibur players), and they were like "Say man, you ever hear of this guy named The Germ, he says he's the sickest dude in this game".

I was like *facepalm*, but he is very ****in legit.

That just goes to show ya.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
GERM's still my hero (I'm totally going to GENESIS just to get ***** by him). SKler would be my hero but I know him, so it's different, he's practically in my backyard in comparison...Not that I have skler chained up in my back yard to go out and play smash with when ever I want..that would be ridiculous................

But skler is mad mad mad good. I tried playing sheik against him once for practice and that was just a big mistake haha. BUT I BEAT HIM ONCE! THE SECRET TO BEATING SKLER IS PLAYING ABOUT 5 HOURS OF FRIENDLIES AND TALKING TO HIM A LOT! YEAAAAAAAAHYUZ.
Love,
Spife.

P.s. Every Link main should go to one tourny (big or small, all though small would be funny) and make a crew and a gang and just hang out and kill whities. Who's with me?
i'm in! lmfao.

Spife

Smash Master
i'm in! lmfao.
Awesome! And then after wards the entire crew can go accumulate a house (some how) and just train together untill we're all the best in the country. Only then will Link be winning all the tournies and then, and ONLY THEN will he be top tier.

WE need more than 2 people to get a house though x-x

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah me and giga at reppin' link in Canada.
i should be going to US tourney soon.
im going to genesis for sure.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Would it be show me your moves 9? If so, let's meet. =D
whens that haha?

thier two tourneys happening here and im attending.
February 21. Melee and Brawl. Soap is coming here with a fleet of americans so yeah.
March 21 - 22. Melee and Brawl. M2K is going here form what i heard, but hes depending on a ride so yeah.

btw all toronto smasher will be likely attending both tourneys. whole TT crew will be present i guess so yeah lot of sex and ****.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
dammit stos stop making me jealous of your country >:[
i'm sorry.
hmm how old are you? and do you have a pass port?
i might try something to get you here or something LOL
im serious about this.
it'd be better though if like more link players come here so its worth the trip na mean?

Skrah

Smash Ace
haha no need to be sorry it was a joke :p

well sadly i'm 15 so no trips for me :/

ALTHOUGH... im gonna go study to canada a year, so if you tell me where u live i could go to that zone and we could smash or something..

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
haha no need to be sorry it was a joke :p

well sadly i'm 15 so no trips for me :/

ALTHOUGH... im gonna go study to canada a year, so if you tell me where u live i could go to that zone and we could smash or something..
i understand. study around Toronto. LOL.
i havent been out of province tourney, the tourney around march is my first one =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
wow really? so you've only played friendlies up till now? thats amazing especially since you so good
my crew is basically from Toronto so we have lots of smashfest and stuff. we also have like tourneys but just for free for the community na mean ? also yeah ive my first out of city tourney was like december 20th, last year and yeah. February 21st tourney is like right beside toronto its like 30 min drive from my house. March 21- 22 is in Montreal(outside Ontario) its like 5 hours from Toronto thats gonna be my first out of province =D

LOOL GUYS THIS WILL MAKE YOU GUYS COME TO TORONTO.

Yo guys:

So my sister shows me this picture on her phone of some restaurant sign. The sign says: "Mario Bross (yes bros. is spelt incorrectly on the sign) Fast Food" and it has a picture of Mario on the left jumping.

LOL.

So we go on google and search for the restaurant cause' we're like wtf?!

---------------------------------------------------------

This is what we found on some forum about T.O. restaurants:

illegal Super Mario Bross fast food restaurant in Toronto...

Last week I was driving around Toronto and passed an intersection where I saw a restaurant sign with a Super Mario jumping up, the restaurant name is "Mario Bross. Fast Foods" (just like that with Bross spelt incorrectly).

I said what the hell lets see what they offer, knowing that it most likely is unlicensed and using the mario illegally, I thought it would be fun to check out just for giggles. Did a uTurn and parallel parked in the small space next to the restaurant (almost hit the car behind me since I haven't parallel parked in so long).

Go in and it doesn't seem to be a restaurant at all at first, no information on what to order on the top, restarant was empty no customers, felt like I walked into a secret drug dealing operation disguised as a super mario restaurant. Near the front were some signs that were maybe from cuba, or maybe colombia or mexico can't remember. Something was up, I go up to the counter wondering what to order since I don't see anything, ask the lady what can I order? She tells me a couple of things like a wrap with something, mario bross fries, mario bross burger combo, my mind is wondering are these code names for some kind of drugs? I settle for the burger combo TOTAL WAS LIKE $10 I'm like what the hell this can't be right for a burger with fries and a pop, its either a rip off or I am getting some drugs here.

Anyways indeed it turns out i did get a burger, with fries and a drink and I left, man I can't say I enjoyed the burger but thats all I will say, basicly it wasen't great. Anyhow I am asking here because I don't know what to do its obviously an illegal operation they are running it using a nintendo licensed character to make money + $10 for a burger is a rip, I am thinking of reporting them but they seemed to be poor and I don't want to hurt them badly. What do I do? I have the restaurat address if your interested in checking it out but I don't recommend buying anything from the experience I had. I would go back with a camera if I had one and post pictures but I don't have one, maybe if someone does go they can take pictures but I don't know that if I post the address if that will be considered advertising.
omfg too good.

G1GA: yeye i'll go up there soon. Desh said Marco went there ... if he told me i would of went with Marco.

yeah i go to like tourney once in two months i guess haha. but I smash like every weekend. AND I FINALLY GOT MY MELEE AND MEMORY CARD BACK FROM THE MELEE COMMUNITY SINCE LIKE AUGUST OF LAST YEAR LOL. Im gonna find sooo much **** about Link and be gayer with him =DD

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Arrows against Fox? Not really that great of an idea. I'd pull a bomb first thing and keep that on hand to deny approaches, then work the boomerang.

Wavedash back to ftilt? I dunno, I guess if it works, use it, but ftilt is kinda slow. Also, don't ftilt unless they've committed to doing something. Make sure you're watching your opponent, not yourself.

Spin Attack is not that great of an edgeguard unless you're sure where they're going. I'd go for an ftilt or something instead, but... whatever works for you, I suppose.

You really need to keep a bomb out. That's going to be your trump card against Fox approaches because Link isn't that fast, so it's either that or the nair.

Use ledgehops to get back on. Link has a very good set of ledgehops, you should use them.

Keep moving. Use faster moves. Anyone whose good won't fall for the same ftilts and such that you're connecting with. On the same note, use nairs more.

Spife

Smash Master
SKRAAAAA is a fine edge guard on stages you know they're not sweet spotting on (like they're do far out or on battle field). Other wise dropping a nair in their face is my favesky, and ftilt.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I like to mess with them offtstage with Link's goodies.

Also, can somebody tell me the throws advantages/disadvantages and possible follow ups?
I know d-throw is the most sensible to use, but I like to mix things up and also to try and mess up my opponent's DI so I can **** em..

EDIT: I just thought of the BEST FINISHING MOVE EVAH!!!!

Imagine... finishing a sick combo with a moonwalk sh dair! maybe its already thought of or anything, but if it isnt, imma name it <.<

and if someone helps me develop an opening for this, ill share ;]

Cia

das kwl
of course :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Others/OMFGKNEE2.png <-- 100x100 version for msn, avatars, etc
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Others/OMFGKNEE2_swf.png <-- 75x75 version for swf
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Others/OMFGKNEE2_christmas.png <-- christmas edition

was too lazy to make a new years edition =[ too late now lol
i'll do a valentines day one though =D
thanks, i'm gonna use it as soon as mass madness is over and i can put away the Tsunade theme.. lolz

Riku00

Smash Ace
I got a brief friendly vid of my Link vs my friend's Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGthHj0gwrc&feature=channel_page

before everyone else gets on to me for it, after watching the video, I realized that I keep doing u-smash when I need to u-tilt and I was using arrows weirdly. Other than that, feel free to critic.
You do a pretty good job of using your bombs effectively, but you were a tad off on grapple accuracy. Lucky for you your friend didn't really punish all that much when you misse a grapple. But other than that and a few more things that i won't mention, becuz my play style is a bit awkward, i would say use a few more Nairs and Utilts for more effective combos.
Keep up the good work my fellow Link main.

Spife

Smash Master
But other than that and a few more things that i won't mention, becuz my play style is a bit awkward
<3 haha to good :laugh:
Seriously though, making use of the zair is one of the weirdest play styles (i'll put it up there with no laser falcos but it probably ranks high than them).

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
guys..
where have you been.
link boards looking so empty >.>
we must repopulate.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
link is definitely the best character in melee. cool factor/potential/trix/moonwalk to up b cancel to ledgehog....

Top Bottom